PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts HElves Tourney Idea, suggestions welcom.

Dragosanii12
26-03-2013, 13:07
Heroes

Noble
Barded Elven Steed
Great Weapon
Sheild
Dragon armour
Guardian Phoenix

Mage (Shadows)
Seer staff of saphery (Taking Occam's)

Core

Spearmen x40
Champion
Musician
Standard

Special

White Lions x18
Champion
Amulet of Light
Musician
Standard

Dragon Princes x9
Champion
Musician
Standard

Rare

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Army Total 1496

Basic Tactics,
shadow mage goes in (or stands behind, depending on enemy shooting options) the spearmen casting Occam's on them. The Noble goes in the Dragon Princes and charges about wrecking face, the lions are counter charge, flankers and can deal with etherials and big monsters, the bolt throwers sit on the flanks and target monsters and heavy cavalry.

what do people think?

immortal git
26-03-2013, 13:35
Id rather spend the 200 points for the BTs on 2 eagles, a second level for your mage, a dispell scroll and maybe the flaming banner for your white lions.

I only say this because Ive never had a BT earn its 100 points, ever.

Dragosanii12
26-03-2013, 15:49
So, Great Eagles > Bolt Throwers, is that the current thinking?

unfortunately the list is for my mate and he has no great eagles.

What do people think about White Lions Vs Sword Masters?

immortal git
27-03-2013, 00:23
In a unit of 18 like that, white lions, smaller units of like 7 I'd say swordmasters.

Moss
27-03-2013, 00:53
I would swap ten spearmen for a unit of archers to act as a bunker for the mage. He's just waiting to die in that unit of spears. Also, a second rank of DPs is a huge waste of attacks (and therefore, points). You're better off with two units of five, even if it means you have to be a little more careful with them.

Just some thoughts.

immortal git
27-03-2013, 01:24
ten spearmen is 80 points, 7 archers aint no bunker for a mage

Moss
27-03-2013, 03:15
then fourteen spearmen. or ten spearmen and use some of the leftover points. my point is that a unit of spearmen is no place for an unprotected mage.

also by the way i'm totally guessing on point values.

Dragosanii12
27-03-2013, 10:35
thanks for the input guys, i had considered simply standing the mage behind the spearmen. his sole job is to cast Occams on them, if he dies he's no massive loss.

also the spearmen need to be at least 4 ranks for maximum horde formation attacks.

Moss
27-03-2013, 13:47
I'm pretty sure high elf spearmen hordes attack in five ranks.

immortal git
27-03-2013, 21:17
woah woah, the spearmen will do far better in ranks than in a horde, you want like 60+ for a horde I'd say...