PDA

View Full Version : High elves 3000

Desd
26-03-2013, 17:38
So this is kinda all the figures i have for high elves right now ive got a bunch of stuff which needs assembly and painting but for now this is it. im going against Chaos with this on friday, any help is appreciated. gonna try to make my first Battle report out of it too. Shadow would be better I think, not sure.

Lords

Prince, Griffon, Dragon armor, Shield, Ogre Blade, Helm of fortune, Guardian Pheonix. 452 pts

Arch Mage lvl 4 dispel scroll high magic 280 pts

Heroes

Noble, BSB, GW, Longbow, Armor of caledor 152 pts

Core

39 Lothern Sea gaurd, FC, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame 542 pts
10 archers 110 pts
10 archers 110 pts

Special
21 Sword Masters, FC 345 pts
21 White lions, FC, banner of discipline 360 pts
10 Silver helms, shields, 270 pts
1 lion chariot 140 pts'
1 lion chariot 140 pts

Rare
1 Great Eagle 50 pts
1 great Eagle 50 pts

Myster2
26-03-2013, 17:53
What about metal instead of high magic? Doesn't chaos generally have some pretty high armor saves? It also gives you a nasty nuke.

mr_gosh_the_return
26-03-2013, 21:51
Not a fan of silver helms, for the price of 1 white lion and 1 swordmaster you could take 10 dragon princes, with 1 extra attack, initiative, leadership and weapon skill, plus the +2 ward vs flaming attacks. Just a suggestion.

Moss
27-03-2013, 04:10
Where's the mage going?

Maybe find points to toss the banner of sorcery on the WLs instead of the standard of discipline?

Metal wouldn't be a bad choice. Shadow is another obvious decent choice. Either would be better than High magic I think. Actually, I like Heavens a lot in this matchup. The magic missiles are high S, which is nice against all the high T and armor you're going to see. You'll get decent use out of just about all of those spells.

Desd
28-03-2013, 13:10
i think the Mage will go with a group of archers. Metal does seem to be the way to go with him (we just gave the chaos player skullcrushers for his birthday 2 weeks ago).

Cable
31-03-2013, 17:32
I would go with Death lore on the mage, I think it's overall better than High because it's a very offensive lore and my view on Helves (which are my army too) are that they should be built as offensive and aggressive as possible.
I also agree with the point before about the Silver Helm exchanged to Dragon Princes. The Princes are much better, Silver Helms in my view are a waste of points, too expensive to be chaff and not very effective as hammers.

Desd
01-04-2013, 08:58
Didn't make a battle report, we played the same lists twice. Round 1 was a crushing victory for the high elves! round 2 was a drawn out battle which was a draw in the end.