PDA

View Full Version : 2k Empire, College of magic themed

mr_gosh_the_return
26-03-2013, 23:03
I am thinking of getting a 2k empire army and would like some advice from any empire players, I've got an idea for a list and would like to know how viable it is. I tend towards defensive play and hopefully this will suit my play style. Anyway here is the list, let me know what you think:

Wizard lord, L4, Book of ashur (lore of Fire)

Wizard, L2, Dispel Scroll, (Lore of Light)

Captain, Full Plate, Shield, Sword of Might, Dragonhelm, Battle Standard - Goes in a spearman Squad

30 spearmen, full command
Detachments 10 handgunners, 15 halberdiers

30 spearmen, full command
Detachments 10 handgunners, 15 halberdiers

6 demigryph knights

1 cannon

1 celestial hurricanum

1 luminark of hysh

If anyone can suggest ways to improve it before i start buying, let me know, thanks.

KingFerret
26-03-2013, 23:12
I don't play empire, but some general notes would be that the book of ashur is rarely worth the points. I like the power stone on my level 4 personally. Also the demigryphs I would have as two units of three, one on each flank, more options more drops etc.

The spearmen units might be a little small, maybe. Also I hear spearmen are the worst of the state troopers. Swordsmen will outlast them and the halberdiers *might* kill some other weak units.

Moss
27-03-2013, 01:05
Swordsmen would waste the 6++ save from the Luminark (or the Hurricanum, I can never remember which does what).

Along those same lines, I don't know if the Lore of Light is the best choice. You're already hitting at +1. The added WS from SoL (should you roll it) wouldn't be put to very much use. I would rework your wizards a bit. Maybe Death or Shadow on the level four and Fire on the level two?

immortal git
03-04-2013, 22:41
Did you use this list at all? Its quite similar (Yet very different) to an idea I have. If so how did it go!

mr_gosh_the_return
10-04-2013, 06:53
Lol, i got a New job so its going to be a treat to my self, so far all i have is a wizard. My worry is that it won't be competitive.

I tend towards a defensive style of play, and figured an empire army built around the counter-charge would be good. I know I'll be facing skaven, elves, lizardmen and WoC, so need an army that can compete with anything. Providing the list works, I am looking forward to buying and painting it in June.

Spang
14-04-2013, 14:33
Halberdiers much better than spear-men. Take archers instead of hand-gunners and skirmish them and use them as re-directers. Can your squeeze enough points for a warrior priest?

mr_gosh_the_return
19-04-2013, 10:31
Halberdiers much better than spear-men. Take archers instead of hand-gunners and skirmish them and use them as re-directers. Can your squeeze enough points for a warrior priest?

If I drop the book of ashur and a dispel scroll I can make those changes without losing any infantry. That leaves me with 11 points spare. Whats good to take for 11 points?