PDA

View Full Version : So, Empire

Latro_
27-03-2013, 00:20
So I wanna support my local club that i help run and we have to much 40k going on, leading by example i'm thinking of doing a 2k fantasy army to give some of the WH plays a game and a break for my self from 40k

Years ago i bought the empire detachment box like a loooong time agao but never painted it.

Just wondered what the state of the empire is n WH i'v never really played WH but know roughly how the rules work. I dont want my backside handed to me every game so just wondered what a decent empire army looks like these days? I'm willing to buy more stuff, its more a case of not wanting to invest time painting stuff that sucks. I have:

About 10 knights with lances
About 10 white wolf knights
Spear men (the old style ones with the round shields)
Hand gunners (again the ones you got in the old box)
Some free company
Some halberd guys
a few flagellents
A cannon
A hellblaster
2 Wizards

I'm looking to paint em Talabecland (how do you pronouce that btw? heh).

Please be honest, its not like i invested a great deal of cash in the above they'v been in a box for about 7 years heh.

Cortomaltese
27-03-2013, 01:03
at the moment there's an all mounted empire list that performs pretty well in Etc enviroments, mainly because has a good role in points denial.
i'm thinking about 20-30 inner circle knights, 2-3 units of demigryphs (the new monstrous cavalry unit, which is pretty strong), steam tank, mages on horses, fast cavalry.

if you're looking for something more balanced, i'd suggest 1-2 horde/bus of infantry (35-ish greatswords, or 40-50 state troops at your own choice) supported by a 10 strong unit of inner circle knights with a priest, the new mage wagons (hurricanum is a bit better then the luminar as far as internet knowledge goes), artillery, the steam tank again and archers detachments as redirector or mobile fire units.

Bs shooting is a bit underrated lately, so i'd suggest to avoid it..
if you're looking for good advices on youtube Mr Oncebitten is actually toying with an Empire army list (of the second kind i exposed before) and frestdjm is a long time empire player.

hope to be useful, feel free to ask if you need more advices ;)

Kalandros
27-03-2013, 08:28
I'm really tempted by an "all mounted" army, I'm just not sure how many Demigryphs, if I want artillery at all and if I should include a steam tank, 2, or none~
x: decisions decisions decisions~

You should give it a try too. All mounted, all 1+ armor save except the wizards~ :D

Latro_
27-03-2013, 14:52
So we're looking at a big unit of spearmen (heard halberds are better no i might convert?) - got the basics of this
big unit of something like greatswords - can buy this
big monuted knight unit - got this
couple of war machines - got this

few characters and maybe somin big like a steam tank and maybe some hunters mixed in for the Talabecland theme?