PDA

View Full Version : Burning Chariot Pink Fire Question

GiraffeCrab
31-03-2013, 16:19
Hey guys/gals I was having a look threw my deamons book the other day and a thought occurred to me. The pink fire of Tzeentch says it follows the rules for fire throwers, flaming attacks is part of the rules for fire throwers in the BRB, does the Warp-flame override this or do both of the rules work? Is it flaming warp-flame or am I misunderstanding something?

Ramius4
31-03-2013, 16:30
Flaming Attacks and the Warpflame rule have nothing to do with each other. They're totally independant, and both apply.

Warpflame does NOT confer flaming attacks. it just happens to have 'flame' as part of the name.

GiraffeCrab
31-03-2013, 16:44
sorry that is not quite what i meant, im very dyslexic so you will have to bear with me xD.

I mean that the book states that Pink fire follows the rules for fire throwers, and in the BRB flaming attacks is part of the fire thrower rules.

So does that mean that pink fire follows the rules for bolth warp-flame and flaming attacks because the Exalted flamer is the part of the model conferring the warp-flame rule to the model that utilises a shooting attack that follows the rules for fire throwers??

Essentially what im asking is because it counts as a flame thrower attack from a model with the warp-flame rule is the attack bolth warp-flame and flaming?

Ramius4
31-03-2013, 17:25
Yes, the attack is both Warp Flame and Flaming. Basically take the Fire Thrower rules and add the Warpflame rule onto it.

GiraffeCrab
31-03-2013, 17:45
awesome, thank you for clarifying and sorry for any misunderstanding :)

Kalandros
31-03-2013, 19:18
Until a FAQ says otherwise, its flaming as well.
FAQ will most likely say otherwise, they don't want any flaming for Tzeentch it seems.

GiraffeCrab
31-03-2013, 21:15
Hopefully it will stay flaming, if it does then i think ill be able to justify some Tzeentch stuff in my army ... all those metal models paved with dust :(

underscore
01-04-2013, 01:38
Flaming would be stupid in this case, really. As if a Flamer can suddenly add Flaming Attacks to one specific type of attack but none else.Just seems like a slight oversight in the phrasing to me.

the_picto
03-04-2013, 15:05
Until a FAQ says otherwise, its flaming as well.
FAQ will most likely say otherwise, they don't want any flaming for Tzeentch it seems.

Though for some reason the angry tzeentch result on the reign of chaos tables is flaming :confused: