PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Ogres- Upcoming Tournament list

Entreri Bloodletter
31-03-2013, 16:38
I've been tinkering with lists for quite some time now and haven't had much luck finding one I like that can both hit hard and still deal with lots of chaff that is present in my meta. I have completed two lists and would love some feedback on which list is stronger.

A.

Level 4 SM (Death)- Dispel Scroll, Armor of Destiny, Sword of Might, Ironcurse Icon, Ironfist - 388
BSB - Crown of Command, Dragonhelm, Ironfist, heavy armor, Luckstone - 188
Lvl 1 Butcher (Maw) - Forbidden Rod (to get a kick start on sniping characters or cannons), Seed of Rebirth, Rock Eye, Great Weapon - 159
Bruiser - Flying Carpet, Great Weapon, heavy armor - 166 (all around multi tool, great for clearing chaff or adding high S attacks to a combat)

10 Ironguts, Full Command, Standard of Discipline, Lookout Gnoblar 480
10 Gnoblars, trappers, - 50
32 Gnoblars, trapper, standard, musician 125 (for scenario purposes, largest model count unit captures the objective)

4 Leadbelchers, musician 182
4 Maneaters, all with Brace of Pistols, standard, musician, Banner of Eternal Flame ( Scout and Poison) -278
3x1 Sabretusks - 63

1 Ironblaster
1 Stonehorn

Total: 2499

Or this list, similar in nature with some variation:

B.

Level 4 SM (Death)- Dispel Scroll, Armor of Fortune, Warrior Bane, Crown of Command, Dragonbane Gem,Ironfist - 388
BSB - Rune Maw, Great Weapon, Heavy Armor - 205
Lvl 1 Butcher(Maw) - Forbidden Rod(to get a kick start on sniping characters or cannons), Seed of Rebirth, Rock Eye, Great Weapon - 159
Bruiser - Flying Carpet, Great Weapon, Heavy armor - 166 (all around multi-tool, great for clearing chaff or adding high S attacks to a combat)

9 Ironguts, Full Command, Standard of Discipline, Lookout Gnoblar - 437
3 Ogres, AHW -93
40 Gnoblars, standard, musician - 120 (for scenario purposes, largest model count unit captures the objective)

4 Maneaters, all with Brace of Pistols, standard, musician, Banner of Eternal Flame ( Scout and Poison) -278
3x1 Sabretusks - 63

2 Ironblaster
1 Stonehorn

Total: 2499

The French Guy
01-04-2013, 10:06
Hi!
I would go with the second list.

However, I would drop the 3 bulls, 30 gnoblars, make the last ten trappers.
And use those pts to add 3 ironguts.

Drop 8 pts somewhere (trappers? some items?) and you got a 4th irongut to add.
Now you got a 15-16 irongut unit (characters included)

Hope it helps!