PDA

View Full Version : Natcon 2013 Tournament Report

Jwk47
31-03-2013, 20:37
Hello All,
I've just got back from a 3 day tournament which was my first real outing with my Lizardmen. There were 8 games at 2500 points using a range of scenarios and it was a great long weekend. I'm currently writing up the tournament report a day at a time. I went well but definitely need more practice and experience to tighten up my play as well as to work on my "tournament stamina"

Day 1:

http://littlewaaagh.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/natcon-2103-tournament-report-day-1.html

Thanks for reading and I will be adding Days 2 and 3 in the next day or two....

Cheers.

KingFerret
31-03-2013, 23:09
Can't wait for day 2, cool report :)

Jwk47
01-04-2013, 20:28
Day 2:

http://littlewaaagh.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/natcon-2013-tournament-report-day-2.html

Jwk47
02-04-2013, 21:22
Day 3 is up!

http://littlewaaagh.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/natcon-2013-tournament-day-3-and-wrap-up.html

Thanks for reading and any input is welcome.

Azzaphox
04-04-2013, 07:50
Good stuff, it seems that after you learn to play the game then the fun really starts.
Presumably having grabbed a few wins you can now move on to fine-tuning your game?

Methios
04-04-2013, 12:01
Nice reports. I like your style of reporting altho somtimes. (i.e. you game against WoC) a lil more detail would be cool.
I.e. "The first turn saw me kill all of his forsaken and the chaos knights." i would like to know just how you got rid of 2 units of forsaken and 5 chaosknights in one turn :)

Jwk47
04-04-2013, 20:08
Nice reports. I like your style of reporting altho somtimes. (i.e. you game against WoC) a lil more detail would be cool.
I.e. "The first turn saw me kill all of his forsaken and the chaos knights." i would like to know just how you got rid of 2 units of forsaken and 5 chaosknights in one turn :)

Cheers mate, the tourney reports are always a little short on details as I forget things and don't want to write too much up.

For the record though, I killed the Chaos Knights with a boosted Searing Doom, and I killed the forsaken by dropping rocks on them and then hitting them with javelins. This caused them to all die and panicked the hounds who were also on the flanks.

abdulaapocolyps
10-04-2013, 11:42
Loved it mate, brilliant reporting.
I loved in the comments people complaining about you fleeing and and your play style. I too am a defensive player and personally find it boring for everything to just walk forward, charge, then fight in close combat...
Well done overall, you seem to have played really well.

Sh4d0w
10-04-2013, 12:18
"All of the armies were good looking though it was disappointing that Dwarf players were allowed to play. ".....really dude?

Jwk47
10-04-2013, 20:30
"All of the armies were good looking though it was disappointing that Dwarf players were allowed to play. ".....really dude?

Lol, this is a bit of an inside joke on the NZ WHFB blogs where we tease two or three of the notable personalities amongst the dwarf players and has been going on for years. There's nothing really meant by it and never for a second would we actually attempt to get them to stop playing Dwarves and giving us all free points.