PDA

View Full Version : 2400 point VC tournament list.

madival
01-04-2013, 00:02
OK, so trying to write a fun list for a tournament. Tell me what you think

Lord

Vampire lord with sword of bloodshed, glittering scale, potion of strength, and shield with red fury, quick blood, beguile level 4 lore of vampires

core

40 ghouls with ghast

40 ghouls with ghast

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

special

6 crypt horrors

6 crypt horrors

rare

varghulf

varghulf

Mortis engine with blasphemous tomb

Something fun and themed. The army is modeled after empty grave yards so everything is zombiefied units in other armies. The Crypt Horrors are zombiefied ogres and the varghulfs are zombified giants. I want to stick with the theme cause I run it as vanhals army

Kayosiv
01-04-2013, 00:15
An immediate red flag is that your vampire lord doesn't have a ward save. He needs a ward save. It is foolish to ever take a vampire lord without one. For a cost of 10% of the model you can increase his durability by 100% in most circumstances.

You are overspending on core. I would recommend only 1 horde of crypt ghouls and taking either larger units of crypt horrors, or getting grave guard instead.

The blasphemous tomb is very risky in your build. Since your lord is the only caster, his spells will be hard to stop, but miscasts could be catastrophic. I would recommend not using more than 2 dice to cast spells unless they are game changers.

Moss
01-04-2013, 01:15
Your units synergize well with one another, and there's a nice symmetry to it, but everything Kayosiv says is true. Drop that second ghoul unit. You can use the points on a ward, and to bring the one unit of ghouls to 50 (you'll have to in order to reach the minimum core). The remaining points can really bulk those horror units up, or maybe even get a terrorgheist.

madival
01-04-2013, 05:13
So something like this is what I am getting from what yall suggested

Lord

Vampire lord with sword of strife, Talismen of preservation, charm shield, with red fury, quick blood, beguile level 4 lore of vampires

core

50 ghouls with ghast

5 dire wolves champ

5 dire wolves champ

special

6 crypt horrors champ

6 crypt horrors champ

6 crypt horrors champ

rare

varghulf

varghulf

Mortis engine with blasphemous tomb

Kayosiv
01-04-2013, 08:14
Definitely use either enchanted shield or regular shield and a dragon helm. Ignoring the first hit is inconsequential if he's in a unit of ghouls getting a look-out-sir if he can have +1 better armor at all times. There are many things that are strength 6 but very few that are strength 7 so a 3+ armor save should be the minimum for a vampire lord on foot.

Don't bother with dire wolf champs. units of 5 are meant to die and since you don't lose attacks until you reach 10+ dire wolves, you might as well just get units of 6-7 and have a second rank instead of a champion.