PDA

View Full Version : warmachine characteristic tests

Methios
03-04-2013, 08:25
I have a question regarding characteristic tests of warmachines.
If i were to use the casket of souls on a warmachine and/or the gaze of stalkers would i destroy the warmachine or does it conviently use the crews ld/iniative then. (even tho the toughness of the warmachine is used)

Evil Hypnotist
03-04-2013, 08:32
I'm not sure about the Ld tests but I believe war machines automatically fail iniative tests because they don't have a value, making Pit of Shades deadly against them. I would argue it would be the same for Ld test too.

Methios
03-04-2013, 09:26
Yeah but that is a template. im not sure what happends with the "shooting attack" of the stalkers of Tomb Kings. The discription says the target suffers X automatic hits. When roling to wound use the iniative instead of toughness. When there are more iniatives use the highest. targets with no iniative are immuun. My interpetation would be that you use the Inative of the crew?

As for the LD test. Warmachines dont appear to have a LD stat. And the caskets bound spell does wounds equal to the ammount of which the LD test is failed by. So is it automatichly destoyed or does is go in the crew aswell? (im guesing the seccond, but its pretty fague)

yeknoMehT
03-04-2013, 10:03
If it specifies that targets with no initiative are immune, I think that pretty much rules out warmachines. The only other thing I can think of that has no initiative is a chariot.
Warmachines use the Ld of the crew for all purposes (it's not like a stone thrower can get scared and run away...)

kefkah
03-04-2013, 11:09
Yeah YeknoMeht is correct, they fail all characistik test other then LD test, wich they take as usual. Would be op to have your cannon die when it has to take a panic test lol!

gorblud
03-04-2013, 12:47
war machines automatically fail all characteristic tests except leadership and toughness. It uses the crews leadership and its own toughness.

Spinocus
03-04-2013, 16:20
The Casket of Souls' bound spell forces a Leadership test on 3D6. A war machine uses the crew's Leadership characteristic for any Ld test.

Stalkers do NOT force an initiative test! Per the Stalker's special rules they roll their S1 auto-hit shots against the target's highest Initiative value. Since special army book rules trump BRB rules you would roll against the crew's Initiative.

Methios
03-04-2013, 16:36
thanks alot. that clears things up. Better charge the bastards then >.>