PDA

View Full Version : Question about Warriors if Chais Hellfire Sword

bama
08-04-2013, 21:18
The Rules about the sword states that the bearer rolls a d6 at the beginning of each turn. If a 1 is rolled the bearer takes a wound with no armor save.

My question is since the wound comes from the hellfire sword is the wound flaming?

T10
08-04-2013, 21:24
It appears not.

Minsc
08-04-2013, 23:38
By RAW: No.

By RAI: It can go either way. You can argue that the sword burns so hot he might burn himself (so flaming), or some other reason for it to not be flaming...

I'd personally say no, mainly for the sole reason to prevent the wielder from buying a cheap-as-chips Dragonbanegem for a nifty 2++ save against the sword itself, and since RAI is debatable, I'd go with RAW.

Piercefierce
09-04-2013, 01:05
Wait so why isn't it flaming? It says close combat attacks are flaming. Why are the 1's rolled not close combat attacks? Also I heard in a pod cast that the d6 st 4 hits from models bursting also cancels armour is flaming and has multi wound d3 rule. The way I read the item this isn't the case. I see it as only being flaming. It was bad dice and they are usually on the money. This one confused me though.

Piercefierce
09-04-2013, 01:07
Wait I just realised that you roll before the fight to wound yourself. So scratch that. Confused it with archaons sword.