PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Rhino combi-bolter, where is it?

Moloch
26-05-2006, 14:32
Heya.

I'm putting a rhino together from some pieces of other tanks and left-over stuff and I just realised I'm not sure where the combibolter on the Chaos Rhino actually is placed.

Is the "default" combi-bolter pintle mounted, just like the upgrade "pintle mounted combibolter" you can take from the armoury?

In that case, can you have two pintle mounted combibolters on a Rhino?
I think it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't be able to have two pintlemounted weapons, but if the original combi-bolter is pintle mounted and you still can get another then I'm not sure.

This is mainly a question of where to model the combi-bolter on my own "rhino". Considering that a pintle mounted weapon can be fired in any direction while a hullweapon pointing forward can only fire forwards...

And while I'm at it, how big is a normal Rhino? Is it bigger/smaller than a Chimera/Leman Russ?

Humongus
26-05-2006, 18:59
The pintle combi-bolter is an upgrade, meaning yes, you can have TWO combi bolters. The default one is not hull mounted; its mounted inside the rhino, on the computer consoule in the passenger compartment. One of the crewmembers grabs it and pops open a hatch to shoot.

Grimtuff
26-05-2006, 19:25
The pintle combi-bolter is an upgrade, meaning yes, you can have TWO combi bolters. The default one is not hull mounted; its mounted inside the rhino, on the computer consoule in the passenger compartment. One of the crewmembers grabs it and pops open a hatch to shoot.

:confused: :wtf: and :eyebrows:

The Combi Bolter that comes on the accessory sprue can be used to represent either, if you have just one there no confusion is there?

RdDragon5
26-05-2006, 19:33
Of course you can have a second pintle mounted storm/combi-bolter. One of my fav tactical squads to run is 5 marines with 2 plasma guns, in a rhino with extra storm bolter. The thing can move 12" fire 4 bolter shots at 24", and 4 plasma shots at 12". All that for only 155 points. (Just keep in mind they're in a tracked coffin of death, so it tends to ballance itself out.)

Barbarossa
26-05-2006, 20:00
RdDragon5: You can move 12" and still shoot? I highly doubt that.

Moloch: Yes, a Rhino can have two pintle-mounted combibolters. But you'll have to figure out a nice way to put them on the Rhino, since the ones who made the current Rhino screwed up a bit and didn't think of a decent way to put both of them on top.
If you want some good advice on that just go to Painting and Terrain - there are a lot treadheads there who can help you.

Cheers!

When Black Roses Bloom
26-05-2006, 21:10
In modelling terms is the one that can be mounted as a combi-bolter and/or a combi-flamer.

Moloch
26-05-2006, 22:37
Ok, that clears things up for me.

Thank you!

Oh, but what about the size of a normal Rhino? I'm going to use the tracks from a Leman Russ as the basis for mine. Is that about the right size?
I'm off to build a pintle mounted bolter :)

Lord General Laumnem
26-05-2006, 22:38
on the sprue? mine was. and for purposes of being able to post threads, here it is again :)

Lord General Laumnem
26-05-2006, 22:38
on the sprue? mine was. yyyyaaaayyy!!!:D :chrome: