PDA

View Full Version : Eldar CoD on UK Advance Order

Anaris
27-05-2006, 10:48
Didn't notice them yesterday but they are here now.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301221&orignav=9

Fallen Angel
27-05-2006, 10:58
Anyone else notice the eldar heavy weapons blurb DOESN'T mention starcannons as a weapon included for it?

boogle
27-05-2006, 11:01
bit of a mistake on the description of the Eldar platform, it says you can't have a Starcannon in the box, but there is a picture of it in Biel Tan Colours :wtf: :wtf:

And the possessed look just as bad as they did unpainted (The Legendesque on is still the best of a bad bunch IMHO)

Anaris
27-05-2006, 11:04
No, never noticed.

If it wasn't for the fact that we know the sprue contains one I'd be inclined to belive that maybe a Guardian squad can't take them.

Michaelius
27-05-2006, 12:25
Wow real bargain there 5 rangers for 15 pounds compared to 3 in blister at 6 pounds for old ones ;)
With platform at least they give all 6 options.

damz451
27-05-2006, 12:30
oooh we get to see the boxart for the ven dread too :D

Helicon_One
27-05-2006, 12:33
Oh god, those posessed are awful!

*gouges own eyes out*

Tim

Darkseer
27-05-2006, 12:58
Oh god, those posessed are awful!

*gouges own eyes out*

Tim

You just had to get that in didn't you? :D LOL

damz451
27-05-2006, 13:03
i think they look cool

Randallw
27-05-2006, 13:18
I like what I can see of Rik Turners librarian, and it's nice to see "False Gods" comes out soon.

Darkseer
27-05-2006, 13:20
The rangers make me want a girly space elf army...

Capamaru
27-05-2006, 14:01
The rangers are more than nice. On the other hand the possessed are absolutely terrible. They remind me of the old demonettes. They could make models based on the mutation sprue looking like the ones in DoW. Instead they made these abominations.

charlie_c67
27-05-2006, 14:30
So use the mutations sprue! Really don't understand why people keep on harping on about how great it is and how bad the minis are. If you don't like them don't use them and stick to what you've done previously.

Avian
27-05-2006, 15:34
Those Possessed aren't bad models, they are hilarious! :D :D :D

What were they thinking when they made those minis? I mean, look at the face on the guy(?) in the top right.

On the other hand, I'm glad I have all the Rangers I need - I'm not going to pay 3 per model for a basic trooper. :eyebrows:

Bregalad
27-05-2006, 15:55
Already posted by me a week ago in the City of Death Thread here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35186&page=13

Latro_
27-05-2006, 16:30
yep those possessed do indeed suck.

Senbei
27-05-2006, 17:28
Andddd....... at 3 a figure.... these new 5 figure boxed sets..... Well, kinda "Meh". Could get a bottle or two of something with a good % proof on that, lol. Think I'll wait for something cooler looking to come along ;)

noneedforaname
27-05-2006, 17:35
this is what i dont understand about GW some models turn out very nice and some attrocious, im guessing the attrocious ones can be attributed to the noobs that aren't up to spped yet. However using existing components and some gap filling and smoothing sculpting to repose and make parts fit models like the possesed should be simple to put together to a fairly high standard whilst still making them original and castable. Why do the sculptors and there bosses think they can pass these second rate models off when it would take less effort in my opinion to make casts of high quality conversions rather than awful new sculpts. i can only see those that are new to the hobby buying these, anyone else with some experience in sculpting and converting will simply make there own. Then again as GW seem to be moving to one part casts and spreding components over different sprues to make buying components for conversions prohibitiveley expensive it seems GW only wants to cater to new members in the hobby and try to discourage conversions. The one redeeming thing in recent time they have done is the COD plastic scenery, lots of extras and cross compatabillity with reasonable priced sprues. These are good for both beginners who can put together as is or more advanced modellers who can jiggle it round to there hearts content :). Also having felt the weight of the new COD 100 box i can say its definateley worth the money.

Orinoco
27-05-2006, 17:37
its so easy to make possessed i dont know why they bothered.

Senbei
27-05-2006, 17:44
this is what i dont understand about GW some models turn out very nice and some attrocious.

I can understand how they get sculpted, but not how they ever make it as far as the moulds.... All this and GW still claims to have the best fantasy sculpts... lol. After seeing the Giant, plastic troll-slayer and these possesed... That seems a somewhat empty boast. Hell, best Giant I've seen is a hill giant by another company. Half the price of the plastic monstrosity and made out of pewter :P. Not to bash GW - The wood Elves are fantastic... even though I don't play them... and Night goblins are one of the best fantasy armies ever to see daylight (IMHO).... Its just we seem to be getting these horrendous mutant sculpts that their quality control are happy to ignore....

Bregalad
27-05-2006, 19:14
We already have a full thread of 16 pages, where people expressed their discontent with the new possessed minis:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31811
It was closed because everyone repeated the same statement (see attached smiley on this topic).
All the arguments on these and the other minis in the CoD Advance Order page can also be found in the following thread.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35186&page=13

So please close this one!

Senbei
27-05-2006, 19:43
Naw, this one is people expressing their discontent with the Pssessed, slayers and Giant )_). lol

Note: and i did balance it by pointing out that they have done some nice stuff recently... we're just wondering why GW's quality is no longer consistant like it was between 1992 and 2005... 'specialy since they have so much more competition nowadays... ;D

russian
27-05-2006, 20:00
yer tis good that the false god book is there, already got my copy :p