PDA

View Full Version : Are You Game?

jansenm
29-05-2006, 14:51
has anyone actually finished a ALL goblin army?
I tried starting it a few times but I never end up finishing it
then I begin the process then abandon it after i finish a reginment.
luckily I have a mixed orc army so it usually just slots into the main army
(this orc army is now obsolete and broken)

so I am planning to start a goblin army all over agian.

I might make another stupid move but the box set is so tempting.
what should i do?

EvC
29-05-2006, 16:02
Well of course SOMEONE somewhere has. In an issue of Wd from 3-4 years ago an all goblin horde took on some High Elves; they looked really good. I especially liked the conversions of a couple of Groms (!) riding wolves!

skavenguy13
29-05-2006, 18:09
Sure there are many, but not everywhere.

Here there's one that also has orcs but doesn't use them much. I played twice against his gobbos, he used a black orc unit the 2nd time and that's all.
(oh yeah, and a giant and snotlings in each game too, but no pump wagon)

Adept
29-05-2006, 18:23
Yes, I know of one all-goblin horde. 300 models at 1,250 points. Over 600 at 2,000.

The boyz
29-05-2006, 18:41
I have tried to make an all Goblin army before, but gave up. Just the sheer number of miniatures that I had to paint to make a sizeable force put me off. I know some people who do have all Goblin armies, and they do look very impressive on the battlefield. But just the large amount of miniatures you need to paint puts me off collecting an all Goblin army.

strv
29-05-2006, 19:56
Mine is an long term project, I assume I have over 2000 points, but it's not finished.

mageith
29-05-2006, 20:28
I have an all goblin wolf-rider army. :) Every unit is a goblin unit, no giants.

I have played a against an all goblin army with over 350 models. However it's not completely painted.

Antaeus
29-05-2006, 20:55
I always imagined the creation of an all-Gobbo army to be a task that was passed down through the generations from father to son. An even more monumental task since the people involved in the attempt's reduced life expectancy from all the painting and assembling, coupled with the difficulties wargamers face in finding a mate, make it difficult for the bloodline to continue.

jansenm
30-05-2006, 00:54
I mean night goblins are not so bad
but I am planning to do forest *shoot me now* at my highest level

Lyonator
30-05-2006, 01:34
There was an army in WD a couple years ago that used goblin rules with halfling models...
it was pretty sweet, including a Hot Air Balloon as a giant.

I was considering all gobbos a while ago, but didn't have the funs for that many wolf riders.
<10 point fast cav.... omg.>

Bingo the Fun Monkey
30-05-2006, 04:43
http://www.da-warpath.com/articles/waaagh-bishnak/index.htm

This guy has no less than 500 models in a 2k tourney army. Stunning. I prefer orcs, myself, although I never leave w/o 100 gobbos either.

Flypaper
30-05-2006, 11:14
I am not game. I'd love a Skaven army -

(a mixed, fair force, before anyone comments!)

- but there's no way I could ever make myself paint hundreds of identical, low points-for-cash-efficiency models. I don't have the drive, and I'm a glacially slow painter. Just working through a single box of skinks is taking me forever! :(

Crube
30-05-2006, 11:24
Thanks for the link Bingo - that was quite something...

Im afraid I fall into the 'not finished, would like to do it one day' camp...I started, got as far as the 3rd unit, then saw some new shiny stuff...

Who knows, when the 7th ed book comes out, it may tempt me again, especially as there's not a lot else I consider shiny at the mo...

(famous last words...)

Forgotmytea
30-05-2006, 11:41
I'm game :D. I've got around 2500pts of pure Night Goblins, backed up by some wolf riders. Badly painted for the most part, but still :). There might be some pictures on my website...

-Forgotmytea

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2006, 14:09
I have a Night Gobbo army..... But it isnt very pure.. as it contains some chariots and wolf riders (the chariots are squigg teams and the wolf riders are..... night goblin wolf riders!)

Its only about 1400 but all i need to add is a lv4 mage and two giants :)

Crube
30-05-2006, 14:38
Jansenm, Bingo

It's all your fault...

Yours and GW's

With the new WWFB coming out relatively soon, as is the new O&G book, I may have to revisit this plan...especially having read the link form Bingo... I mean come on, a unit of 80 Gobbos...

Plus, that large scale troll as a giant is inspired...

Hmmmmmmm

kyussinchains
30-05-2006, 17:48
that goblin army was fantastic!

I'm tempted to buy the new box set to give me a starter on an all goblin army for the future. I just love the idea of hordes and hordes of goblins poking loads of weird and wonderful monsters towards the enemy. You'd have to have some giants, trolls, fanatics, and loads of squigs of course, all backed up with misfiring shamans and cowardly hordes of night goblins.

I think they're among the most impressive looking armies around, if I had the time to paint that many minis (not to mention the funds to finance it!) I'd collect one in a heartbeat!

jansenm
31-05-2006, 04:27
[QUOTE=Crube]Jansenm, Bingo

It's all your fault...

Yours and GW's

/QUOTE]

:p Yeah I blame everyone else but me :D

seriously that night goblin army looks awesome
one of the best I seen. It is actually a army and not a warband
I wonder how he did that troll giant...

I cant believe the good paintjob on such a massive army

Tanith Ghost
31-05-2006, 05:24
I'm totaly game! :) One of my WHFB gaming group is building a gobbo army to cover to board in night gobbos. It's a real haphazard mess, loaded with fanatics. I sent my rats against it twice so far. A grand total of 17 models were left alive at the end on both sides.:evilgrin:

Game highlights included both my ratling guns deciding to pull an Order 66
on my cheiftan and his bodyguard, and my opponent's arrer gobbos doing the same to his spearmen at close range. The carnage was hilarious.

polymphus
31-05-2006, 07:00
One of my regular opponents runs a goblin horde. Unfortunately for him I run a skaven horde and somehow I always manage to outnumber him.

Crube
31-05-2006, 08:46
Jansenm - that Troll giant was aparantly based on a FW large scale troll - but other than that - dunno...

EDIT - cant find any reference on the FW site to such a beast...

jahorin
31-05-2006, 13:27
i have 2000 points of PURE night goblins. none are painted :cries:
well not that pure... i have some squigs... and a couple of pump wagon and some snotling swarms, but no trolls or giant. and surprisingly, it performs not to badly, i'm about 50-50. this army is all about luck!

if the fanatics performs well you can win just with that (especially against bretonian knights). but when a flying terror causing creatures comes near it can be really deadly and ruined everything. magic is also a big part of my night goblin army (12 power, 7 dispel).

i'll surely boost my horde with more goblins with the new box set, especially with the return of my favorite special character is making a comeback... skarsnik. i will also be tempted to build a forest goblins/savage orcs army

WiCkEdRock
31-05-2006, 15:48
I dare say that Troll is a manager gift. I was gonna buy one for less than 20, but the one I was gonna buy from was all, like, not there all of the sudden.

Currently I have 2000 points of goblins, snotlings and night goblins. No monsters at all, but that might change with next edition if I think that the Big WAAAGH gets nerfed too much. 235 models (not a goblin horde according to many :() and I've only painted 3 regiments and 2 wolf rider units. Murder me!

g0ddy
31-05-2006, 17:15
I know of a 619 model night goblin army... (2000 pts)

- g0ddy

Sylass
31-05-2006, 17:21
I know of a 619 model night goblin army... (2000 pts)

- g0ddy
That was this canadian guy who entered a GT with his pure NG army? If that's him, I remember the thread from Portent. :)

There should be a link to an army report on the canadian GW site too...

Oh, and I've a Goblin army too. About 2500 points if I include a high lvl mage and a Giant. Around 2000 if I play it the way I normally do. :)

I'm already looking forward to the new starter box...spider riders...must stop myself...

jansenm
01-06-2006, 01:28
my frav gobling character would have to be grom the paunch!

btw do you think that they will re release the gigantic spider and/or forest goblins on foot?