PDA

View Full Version : Are Deathwatch Tourney Legal?

MidnightResistance
10-06-2005, 09:50
Are they tourney legal? I can never quite tell what is and what is not legal with GW

Pertinax
10-06-2005, 10:00
I don't think so. In an "official" GW tournament, there are usually no forms of allies allowed. The only ones that are are the Inqisitional armies. In other words a DH or Wh army with inducted marines or guard. Since the Deathwatch are neither, I would imagine that they are not allowed.

But having said that, I would stress that it is worth checking with the tournament organizers before hand.

MidnightResistance
10-06-2005, 10:04
I meant if you field an entire Deathwatch army

Melchor
10-06-2005, 10:08
... which is not possible under the current rules.:D

Anyway, I think it depends on the tournament organiser...

MidnightResistance
10-06-2005, 10:08
alrighty then.
Back to the drawing board...

Typheron
10-06-2005, 10:11
you could, if you were so inclined, just use the standard SM codex rules with sutibally converted models to be your Deathwatch marines. Although are you looking for a whole pile of deathwatch marines or there rules to play with?

PBGhost
10-06-2005, 10:12
... which is not possible under the current rules.:D

Anyway, I think it depends on the tournament organiser...

Yes it is, I have one. Read the whole article, you may upgrade any number of Tactical, Veteran, Command or Characters to Deathwatch Veterans.

MidnightResistance
10-06-2005, 12:27
are you looking for a whole pile of deathwatch marines or there rules to play with?

I was purely going for appearance because I like the fluff and the look of them.
Coolness first, army list later

Inquis. Jaeger
10-06-2005, 12:29
I was purely going for appearance because I like the fluff and the look of them.
Coolness first, army list later

That's a good approach to take. An 'all-Deathwatch' army would look very cool indeed.

MidnightResistance
10-06-2005, 12:37
The only thing is...
I have an urge to make an army of medium armoured troops with bolters (kinda like my userpic)...it just feels right.
But I don't want guard in carapace armour and I don't want storm troopers.
I'm thinking more along the lines of scouts.
I need to think about it some more...

Typheron
10-06-2005, 12:54
well if your just going for looks then take the codex space marines and simply build an army that looks like Deathwatch using the SM rules and some sutible docterines.

A full Deathwatch army would be very cool and given that your using standard SM rules there just another chapter that just happens to look a lot like the death watch. I for one would have no problem playing agaist such a army especially if it looked really good.

Also if at a later date a full set of stats and rules for a chapters worth of deathwatch is realeased you can simply switch to using them.

Bmaxwell
10-06-2005, 15:28
the chapter aprovved on them still counts right it was back in 03 you could make a whole list of them

Darkness
10-06-2005, 17:11
In all cases, it's always best to simply check with the tournament organiser beforehand to make sure that the army you want to take is in fact legal. That way you'd know for sure rather than turning up and looking a tad embarassed :D

Usually tournaments only allow the basic rules - stuff printed in WD is rarely allowed, and even stuff in CAs aren't allowed most of the time. The only exception I've seen to this is with the Kroot army list, but everything else that's allowed is just straight from the codex.

Sons of Russ
10-06-2005, 17:44
Take the trait that's lets your whole army infiltrate, a few squads of scouts, use a few squads of veterans and convert them up to look like a cool special forces deathwatch team!

Insane Psychopath
10-06-2005, 18:38
For the UK GT no allies what so ever, as for USA I do not know.

Tho as said use basic Marine list that what a few my friend are doing so that can use Deathwatch kill team army & a Legion of the damned army

Black Mage
10-06-2005, 19:29
The Canadian Hall of Heroes rules do allow for allies.