PDA

View Full Version : Where to start with Thunderstone?

sigur
07-07-2013, 02:03
Hi, I think I talked a friend who asked me for boardgame advice into getting Thunderstone. Now I only played the base game so far (I think it was released in 2010). Now I saw that they got a Thunderstone Advanced and a Thunderstone Starter Set aside from the old core box.

Which at this point is the best place to start (let's say we're talking about gamers here who are able to cope with games rules so no need for "starter rules" of any kind) with Thunderstone at this point? Just wanna make sure the guy gets the right thing to start with.

thanks in advance guys!

Dubba07
07-07-2013, 08:10
Start with the base game for sure. Advanced is really just full of cards that make it "harder". The expansion "dragonspire(I think that's what it is called)" is great too.

Sent via FedEx

sigur
07-07-2013, 21:50
Thanks for the reply, Dubba07! So just regular old "Thunderstone", not the new 2013 starter set?

Dubba07
08-07-2013, 04:10
Haven't had a chance to pick up the new one. Tbh I didn't even know there was one. Might make the old one cheaper. The only one I haven't been thrilled with is advanced. Have you tried the game ascension? Kinda a thunderstone lite. You can even try it on iOS if you have access.

Sent via FedEx

Elandar
12-03-2014, 18:54
I don't think Thunderstone Advance is harder than Dragonspire. Thunderstone evolved and the came with a sort of second edition called Thunderstone Advance. But it's just the same game with some little changes in the rules and some game innvations. I really encourage people to get this last version and add the expansion Root of Corruption. This expansion adds a new map and a coop experience in which players have to defeat waves of enemies attacking the town.