PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to hire DoW in 7th Ed. WHFB?

rune
01-06-2006, 05:45
I'm really set on this idea of building an Empire anti-magic Sigmarite holy crusading type of deal with Tilean mercs (mainly a big ole unit of Pikemen).

I really hope this is possible in 7th edition, and that pikemen still exist in 7th edition, likewise with dogs of war. If DoW are removed, will Empire gain pikemen as a unit? Anyone heard any rumors about anything? I dont want to start buying and converting these Hoplite - lookin' boys if i'll have to use them as ****** spearmen.

Krusk
01-06-2006, 05:56
Enlighten me, where did you hear about DOW dissapearing? if anything, they are expanding merc availability, what with wide access to giants, and them promoting Ogre Kingdoms units as DOW choices.

Pravus
01-06-2006, 08:24
He's right - especially when you consider that, from a business point of view, making models like the giant available to all armies via rules means they can sell it to a wider audience. If anything I'd expect to see more use of the DoW rules.

gorenut
01-06-2006, 09:57
I don't see them eliminating DOW any time soon. It also allows GW to make a quick buck. Why expend all that time and energy in creating an entire army when you can just release individual units that'll fit in atleast half the armies out there.. therefore provding a larger market with less work.

I can see them maybe even doing something like Cathay for DoW, since so many people want them, but at the same time, GW is reluctant to make an entire army from the East.

ashc
01-06-2006, 11:02
Considering they seem to be expanding DOW i would say no.

I would also like to point out that in (almost) every armybook it distinctly mentions taking dow as one of your army options. It would be a bit like turning round and saying 'um no, you empire players cant take helblasters any more' :eyebrows:

Ash

Krusk
03-06-2006, 21:46
IF anything they should get rid of the steam tank, or tone it down, A LOT. I play empire and I hate the thing, my friends hate it, I don't think anyone really likes it.

Reabe
03-06-2006, 22:00
IF anything they should get rid of the steam tank, or tone it down, A LOT. I play empire and I hate the thing, my friends hate it, I don't think anyone really likes it.

Other than the Empire players who use it. Anyway, going a bit off topic there.

Since all armies from the 6th edition will be useable in 7th edition unless they get a new Army Book, you'll be able to take Regiments of Renown, Dogs of War units and, sadly, the Newbie Kingdom Ogre units, too.

Zilverug
06-06-2006, 15:35
I feel there will be a Tilean allied contigent, like Kislev.

scavenseer
06-06-2006, 15:45
I need dogs of war simply because part of my army is DE Manflayers.

Hashut's Li'l Helper
06-06-2006, 23:43
well since they are no longer allowing rules that are not in the actual rulebooks in tournies (starting soon see jervis thread), either dow better be getting a book soon or they will fade.

jansenm
07-06-2006, 00:35
I think the obsolete models wont come back.

Giants and ogres sure but how about wolfriders, birdmen, Lumping, and bronzino

Lockjaw
19-06-2006, 18:26
whats sadly about ogre kingdom units?

Trunks
19-06-2006, 18:53
He has an irriational overblown hatred of Ogre Kingdoms. Just ignore it.

Crazy Harborc
19-06-2006, 19:34
In the past few months, I do believe there have been on-line (on GW's) articles and WD articles, about DoW and about how to convert/make pikemen.
(Some people will try and fail. Some will want to just buy them)

IMHO, it's good business sense(a money maker) to keep and expand DoW units in the rules for ALL "the book" armies.

Grand Warlord
20-06-2006, 01:29
I doubt that I mean they did a article 'kinda' on them in WD for a issue or 2... so I doubt they plan to get rid of them... same for CDs.