PDA

View Full Version : Was there a Renegade CSM list?

Damage,Inc.
10-06-2005, 17:02
Hey, I've been out of theloop fora little while, and I was wondering if there was ever a renegade CSM list bbrought out in WD with Red Corsairs rules?

If so, what issue, and what was the general ida of fluff/rules?

warlordgrubnatz
10-06-2005, 17:31
there was a red corsairs article but it had no rules- aparently the rcs are now devoted to chaos and are just another csm chapter.

Thud
10-06-2005, 17:45
You could use the rules of either Chaos Space Marines or Space Marines to represent your renegade chapter.

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 18:10
Get the Codex space marines and the Eye of terror codex. Probably as close as you're going to get to renegades.

Isuran Greifenherz
11-06-2005, 10:14
Well, i would say use the Csm codex rules.

Puffin Magician
11-06-2005, 12:08
Well I think you could use either list, just remember not to take any Daemonic weapons or wargear if you use the Chaos list, and try to keep high-tech units to a minimum if you're using the Loyalist Marines list [Cyclone Missile Launchers, Vindicators, etc].

It's important to think about when your Chapter went renegade so you can know what units to leave out. If, for example, they left the Imperium quite some time ago, before vehicles like the Land Speeder were introduced, then they obviously won't have access to things like that, and the Chaos list would be best. If, however, they left the Imperium very recently [Relictors?], they'd have all sorts of goodies and the Loyal SM list would be better.

Regardless of the list, some "Tactical" Marines, Terminators, Rhinos, Dreadnought, and a Land Raider wouldn't be out of place.

Inquis. Jaeger
11-06-2005, 14:23
Well I think you could use either list, just remember not to take any Daemonic weapons or wargear if you use the Chaos list, and try to keep high-tech units to a minimum if you're using the Loyalist Marines list [Cyclone Missile Launchers, Vindicators, etc].

It's important to think about when your Chapter went renegade so you can know what units to leave out. If, for example, they left the Imperium quite some time ago, before vehicles like the Land Speeder were introduced, then they obviously won't have access to things like that, and the Chaos list would be best. If, however, they left the Imperium very recently [Relictors?], they'd have all sorts of goodies and the Loyal SM list would be better.

Regardless of the list, some "Tactical" Marines, Terminators, Rhinos, Dreadnought, and a Land Raider wouldn't be out of place.

Your decision will also be influenced by their allegiance. For instance the Astral Claws have turned to the worship of Chaos, but the Souldrinkers have not and still consider themselves servants of the Emperor. Your Chapter's position on this sliding scale will determine what sort of list you want to use and what sort of units you want to include.

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 14:40
Yeah, you could use a loyalist list but just add some renegade fluff to it and go nuts with the conversions.

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 15:06
I was looking around the GW site and found the entry for IA4
It has renegades:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=304710&orignav=304710&ParentID=254912&GameNav=10

Inquis. Jaeger
11-06-2005, 15:27
I was looking around the GW site and found the entry for IA4
It has renegades:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=304710&orignav=304710&ParentID=254912&GameNav=10

It's just the background article that was printed a few months ago. It doesn't include rules

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 15:30
Damn. Ahh well, fluff is better then nothing. Nonetheless, renegades allows flexibility. Either use a loyalist list or CSM list and just give them a cool background.

Shas'o'Fior
12-06-2005, 14:41
sorry, if i'm being thick (i'm knida new to WH40k) but how exactly do you put on renegades? especially the tactial marines ( IMO, pretty sparse looking model)

Angelus Mortis
12-06-2005, 16:05
I understand your asking for the Red Corsairs rules, but one thing kinda bothers me. A renagade renagade? Isn't that kinda redundant? Just use a non-aligned chaos list.