PDA

View Full Version : No more Gotrek & Felix novels?

Sai-Lauren
10-06-2005, 16:10
Ok, take this with the usual pinch of salt reserved for rumours from store staff, but apparently the Black Librarys contract with William King has come to an end.

I always thought he was basically free-lance anyway, but can anyone else confirm?

Forgotmytea
10-06-2005, 16:26
EEK! :eek: :eek: :eek:

No more Gortek & Felix novels? *cries*

Ah well, there's always Mathias Thulmann & Gaunt's Ghosts :D. Though I hope William King will do another one - I love him &n his style of writing.

-Forgotmytea

*EDIT* I don't think the different font sizes work....

Baggers
10-06-2005, 18:51
I think he is just taking a break and writing his own stuff in his own fantasy world.

Brimstone
10-06-2005, 19:08
Well according to Trollslayer his official website there are no plans at the moment but who know's what will happen in the future.

Trollslayer FAQ (http://www.trollslayer.net/faq/faq.html)

venusianfurs
11-06-2005, 13:15
I read about his semi-plan for Licheslayer, in which the twosome would face Nagash, in an interview someplace. I'm not big on his characterisation, so I wasn't holding out for that too much, and don't need further proof they're the most powerful beings in the warhammer universe. If I were in his place I would genuinely kill them off - the best way to end it, in my book, no sunsets.

Warlord Gnashgrod
13-06-2005, 14:17
Well, Gotrek HAS to die in the end, he's a Slayer, after all. But they could have Felix live and maybe go back to some sort of a 'normal' life, or continue adventuring on his own.

I hope there will be more Slayer Books. I've enjoyed them and would like to see some sort of true ending to the series.

Yin - Yang
13-06-2005, 16:23
But they could have Felix live and maybe go back to some sort of a 'normal' life, or continue adventuring on his own.

Felix does survive, because at the start of every chapter there is an extract from My Travels with Gotrek, which is written in the past tense, which would point to Felix surviving and publishing the tales of his adventures.

Ethereal Alpaca
14-06-2005, 19:24
I remember hearing something about a "Kinslayer", anyone heard anything of this?

I'm not bothered one way or another. The only Slayer book worth half a damn was Skavenslayer, and that was only because of the parts from the skaven's viewpoints. For the rest, boring storylines, and crap characters.

Vogon
14-06-2005, 21:28
I seem to remember a post somewhere, possibly on Bugmans, with an interview with Mr king. Book titles that were mentioned were Elf Slayer Against teh Druchii and Kin Slayer in which was proposed to finally find out the truth behind Gotrek's life before he became a slayer and what drove him to take the oath.

I'll see if i can dig out the post, I'm sure I kept it some where.

Cheers

Vogon

Verm1s
14-06-2005, 21:57
You could have a look around trollslayer.net. There's a lot about future possibilities there, straight from the horses mouth.

The Judge
15-06-2005, 18:22
What, I wanted "Lizardslayer" - take on an Oldblood, or, as is the way, probably Sotek himself.

Shame.

Nazguire
18-06-2005, 07:15
What, I wanted "Lizardslayer" - take on an Oldblood, or, as is the way, probably Sotek himself.

Shame.

Or Chaos Slayer.

As we know, that rune-axe of Gotrek's could easily kill Rabble like Khorne off with certainty

Delicious Soy
19-06-2005, 04:45
I was hoping he'd follow up on Farseer, hich was an OK book, but was supposed to be the first book in a trilogy.

venusianfurs
20-06-2005, 13:15
Apparently, there's no sign of that on the horizon, and he doesn't know if or when that might change: www.blacklibrary.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23

Hlokk
20-06-2005, 18:54
a shame really, as i enjoyed them immencely, but lets face it, however grotrek does die, its going to be a disappointment. I mean, he's killed dozens of cults, thousands of skaven, a daemon of Khorne, a dragon (well, you get my drift)

how many more uber hard things are there for him to fight?

Freak Ona Leash
20-06-2005, 19:13
Chaos gods. Thats about it really...Archaon maybe...I vote Khorne vs. Gotrek. With Gotrek being inhabitated by the spirit of Grimnir. A final answer to the challenge issued by Chaos looooooong ago. That challenge was "Our gods are bigger than yours!" :p

Xisor
20-06-2005, 19:13
I was angling for Ogreslayer or the ever-awkward Dwarfslayer :eek: (no, not that he goes bad). Something set off in the darklands to the west, perhaps after a short story and 'prologue' dealing with him encountering Grimgor(or at least his horde) and setting it ready for them to head off to the east to fight Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs, then 'Godslayer' when he goes after Nagash...?

Xisor

venusianfurs
23-06-2005, 17:13
Don't even joke it.

Nazguire
24-06-2005, 10:43
I was angling for Ogreslayer or the ever-awkward Dwarfslayer :eek: (no, not that he goes bad). Something set off in the darklands to the west, perhaps after a short story and 'prologue' dealing with him encountering Grimgor(or at least his horde) and setting it ready for them to head off to the east to fight Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs, then 'Godslayer' when he goes after Nagash...?

Xisor

I can just see it now

Gotrek defeats Nagash....

And Gotrek wipes the sweat off his brow, takes a swig of Gatorade and waddles off home, happy in the knowledge that he has defeated everything that physics and logic can throw at him...

Vogon
24-06-2005, 21:03
I can just see it now

Gotrek defeats Nagash....

And Gotrek wipes the sweat off his brow, takes a swig of Gatorade and waddles off home, happy in the knowledge that he has defeated everything that physics and logic can throw at him...

.....trips, falls and slpit his head open on a rock.

He utters the word "Bu**er" and dies with his slayers oath unfulfilled.

Warlord Gnashgrod
25-06-2005, 05:14
Actually, I'd suspect Gotrek would die the worst death that a Slayer could possibly die of: old age. ;)

Emperor's Light
27-06-2005, 07:22
I like Bill King's stuff. The thing about Bill King is that he is a genre writer and sticks to what he knows. I enjoyed all the Slayer books up to this point. I hope BL will sign Bill King for a few more books.

Vberg
03-07-2005, 01:25
Ive only read the first two books (though that will change as i now have both the omnibus editions thanks to the recent BL sale.) So obviously i enjoyed the first two. Didnt like Farseer found it rahter disapointing, one of the poorer books BL has published IMO.

I would have liked to see Gotrex taking on the chaos Dwarfs. So Dwarfslayer would be a possible title. Since from what you have said it appears none of the books resolve Gotrex's past it would be good to tie up that lose end at least. His death looks pretty much impossible by any other means than old age and man would that be one boring book.

Eldacar
03-07-2005, 02:13
I would like to see him finally fall in heroic combat against some big, deadly opponent. Nagash sounds like an option. Pity he missed out on Archaon, though. That would have been a good fight. Of course, Gotrek would take his foe with him. That way, Felix can then go back and write up the epic poem he promised Gotrek.

But I'm a Gotrek and Felix fan, so I'm probably a little biased.

Brett E.
03-07-2005, 04:41
What I really want to see is a continuation of the Ragnar Blackmane series. I enjoyed Wolfblade as a stand alone novel, but I want Ragnar to get back to kicking Thousand Son butt and hunting the Spear of Russ.

It's a shame we won't see any new stuff (at least for a while) as I can't think of BL without thinking of William King. :(

Lord-Warlock
03-07-2005, 09:29
Well, if this is true it's the worst news I've had in a while. I was really looking forward to a continuation of both the Slayer books and the Eldar Trilogy.

Sikkukkut
04-07-2005, 14:38
Just out of interest, is anyone planning to buy King's non-BL fantasy books?

Xavier
04-07-2005, 22:09
Aw, thats means no more space wolf books either :(

Brett E.
05-07-2005, 03:01
Just out of interest, is anyone planning to buy King's non-BL fantasy books?

His non-BL books will have to be better than his BL work for me to stay interested. I'm already a fan of the Fantasy and 40k universes, so I'll still read those books. When it comes to general sci-fi/fantasy, there is a lot of great authors King has to compete with.