PDA

View Full Version : White Dwarf 307 Sneak Peek.

SnakeEyes
10-06-2005, 19:32
http://uk.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/images/wd307-270px.jpg

Check out what the next White Dwarf will bring here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/nextissue/).

Karhedron
10-06-2005, 19:39
Hmm, I don't play Nids, Welves or LOTR so it looks like next month's issue is going to be a bit of a let down for me. I am disappointed that they are not including a proper battle report as I usually enjoy those, even if I don't use the armies. A kill team battle report just isn't worth bothering with though.

It would be like having a 5-a-side game on "Match of the day". :(

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 19:42
Hmmm. More and more Nids huh? Ahhh well, I guess it's all part of marketing.

Flame Boy
10-06-2005, 19:48
Wow... The Tyranids really are invading... It seems the pages of White Dwarf are the main course... :p

Still, might be something worth reading, I like 'Nids even though I don't think the army would suit me, I like the fluff.

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 19:49
you know what would be cool? A battle report of Nids versus...WOOD ELVES HAHAHAH!!!

Yorkiebar
This belongs in 'Other GW discussion' and is already a well-known part of the GW site anyway.

zealousheretic
Hey, marines got their several months in the sun. Now it's Our turn.

Lord Setra
10-06-2005, 23:02
This is going to be a good issue for me.

All that Welvie sneak preview is going to result in me having to laminate the pages in order to protect them from drool. :D

Xisor
10-06-2005, 23:25
Personally I'm liking the sound of the Barak Varr article, it's a hold I like the idea of, and is especially good as I'm sure everyone loves to see dwarfs in White Dwarf. Far more character than Elf articles :p

Looks like it should be an interesting read, if short on things to make me rush out and wait for it right now.

Xisor

Kohhna
10-06-2005, 23:58
Orks Vs Nids, You don't often see that in a WD Battle report.

Crazy Harborc
11-06-2005, 01:33
Nides, nades, ninis??? OH, N.i.d.s.........I, I, I, heard of them!! Now, Wood Elves, they had a mention. I guess thanks to the Woodies, I'll buy the July WD after all. Oh yeah, need more input on Woodies, oh yes!! :D

The boyz
11-06-2005, 10:45
Looking forward to the battle report betweeen Orks and Tyranids.

Keravin
11-06-2005, 10:53
Well that looks like an instantly passable issue. Between Lustria and tyranids they've managed to go for the two areas I really don't care about. Plus I already got a great preview of the Wood Elves stuff via here.

inquisitorautry
11-06-2005, 15:11
Doc Butcha is back, therefore I am happy.

Inquis. Jaeger
11-06-2005, 15:38
It's nice to see a BR not involving the Imperium. Should be good. I look forward to it.

EvC
12-06-2005, 20:27
It's sounding like a good ish. Although, two BR's with tyranids in a row? Pulease.

MidnightResistance
13-06-2005, 10:10
The battle report is going to be a hideously one sided affair with a very poor Ork list and a Nid list designed specifically to rend them with ease or...just shoot them up with devourers.
*sigh*

I wish WD had rsome real battle reports with real tourney armies, instead of some badly thrown together lists.

Antaeus
13-06-2005, 14:51
I agree on the BatReps. My first issue (ah, nostalgia) had the battle report between 2 Eldar armies (1 Ulthwe, 1 Alaitoc) and I absolutely loved it. Fantastic layout and a very interesting battle. Other ones that stand out are the Armageddon one over 2 issues (far better than the 13th Black Crusade one!), and a couple of WFB ones involving Vampire Counts (one against Skaven and one against High Elves) and the first WFB one of the new edition: that report got me into the game.

The current ones are far less interesting: the best ones had simpler layouts, lots of pictures and used Studio armies.

Azazel
18-06-2005, 13:50
Yeah maybe its because we were younger then, that the Battle Reports seemed better.
I liked the 2nd ed Battle Report with Andy Chambers Space Wolves verses Tyranids (The WD with the Blood Angel Dreadnought on the cover). Ragnar Blackmane won the game with his Wolf Howl.

'AAAAWWWWOOOOOOO'

They don't make 'em like they used to. ;)