PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Paddy
02-06-2006, 11:44
Who found the cheapness of LotR on eBay irresistable and now has more models than they could ever paint, despite being student scum and having already finished exams? That lot below is ~20% of the collection, and my spending was only in two figures!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Paddy_Oirish/43630015.jpg

Dr Death
02-06-2006, 12:54
Rather gorgeous pike block you've got at the back there. But yes, i dont really go on ebay much and frankly even for the kind of stuff you've got there I far prefer to buy the original boxes from shops and online suppliers- eBay is just too random, im not much one for impulse purchases however tempting they may be.

Dr Death

EyEwitness
02-06-2006, 14:10
eBays definately good for LotR stuff, although I tend to just buy metals, the plastic stuff can be a bit random in quality and fragile to post. The books are fairly cheep on eBay too.

Jon_Irenicus
02-06-2006, 14:36
Meh, I accumulated a lot of lotr miniatures because I like most of them. Though I donīt have anything roughly the size of that (think 20% of those 20% :) ). Still, when will you get round to painting it? :D

Shadowheart
02-06-2006, 14:45
There are loads of kids who bought BGiME and want to get rid of their stuff, so getting any of that is pretty cheap and easy. It doesn't tend to get you a lot of interesting stuff though, and I don't much see the point in owning dozens upon dozens of the plastics. Unless they're Riders of Rohan, but they're less common.

It would be pretty cool if you could get an army of Uruk-hai of ten thousand strong at least. Shame that their pikes break so often.

I do own a fairly large amount of LotR miniatures though... and a fairly enormous amount of miniatures in general. Which is largely the result of eBay and other such places, but with a preference for metal miniatures my hosts aren't quite that large.

Gondorian
02-06-2006, 14:55
I have a ton of unpainted models, due to having few other hobbies to spend money on during my youth and unimportant things such as A level exams taking up my time.
Hoping to get all my imperial guard and Rohan forces painted this summer.

j1kob
06-06-2006, 15:39
I purchase Lotr models from ebay very often but moslty only for metal models and models that are in boxes that have not been opened. I must admit, the prices are pretty damn tempting.

leachrode
06-06-2006, 16:56
That is quite nice but i must say that i do openly spam all lotr players on principal therefore...

Long_Fang
06-06-2006, 22:16
That is A LOT of siege latters! With an army that size you must find a simple/nice paint scheme and paint production line....at least 6 guys at a time. You could do it in 2 weeks.

My question is can you ever field so many miniatures?? I'd buy Fantasy Battle and 40k stuff on eBay, but not LOTR. The games tend to be 500 points and that is easy to field and cheep enough to buy from local stores.

jansenm
07-06-2006, 00:01
holy crap! I thought i had alot to paint

Neknoh
07-06-2006, 07:00
Nope, however, me and my friend does allready have 180+ evil models along with 150+ Good ones

Paddy
07-06-2006, 17:23
I'd just like to point something out to those wondering how all the models could be used - imagine a siege game where the entire army is HW + shield uruk hai and a lot of ladders....

Gondorian
07-06-2006, 17:38
Wait and see what the new 'legions of middle earth' contains.