PDA

View Full Version : Space Marines in Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel

Covering Fire
21-08-2013, 10:11
Some of you may remember the old board game Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the citadel, or Mutant Chronicles: Kampen om citadellet as it was known in Swedish.

I had an idea about replacing the corporations with first founding Space Marine chapters (there can never be enough Space Marines, right?) and painting up some marines to replace the Doomtroopers.

There are five corporations in the game, but nine chapters (Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Space Wolves, Ultramarines, White Scars) to choose from so I will have to decide which five chapters to use. Each corporation in the game has a special ability that distinguishes it from the others, so now I’m pondering which chapter’s fluff best matches the descriptions below:

Bauhaus Doomtroopers are crack shots.
Roll 1 extra die when attacking with firearms.

Comment: I’ve not really read anything about any chapter being that much better at shooting than others, but somehow I’m thinking Imperial Fists here - bolter drill and better devastators and all that.

Imperial Doomtroopers have a keen sense of intuition.
They gain one Extra Action at the start of each of their turns.

Comment: Keen sense of intuition may suit the Space Wolves with their acute senses and all that. Maybe also Blood Angels, since they are described as having many librarians that perhaps would be able to see into the future.

Cybertronic Doomtroopers wear an advanced form of Kevlarite Armor.
Roll 2 dice to absorb hits.

Comment: This must be the easiest one! Cybernetics and resistance to damage would suit Iron Hands fine. Perhaps also Salamanders with their skills in making artificier armour.

Capitol Doomtroopers are superior tacticians.
Start each mission with one extra Doomtrooper card.

Comment: Superior tacticians? I’m thinking Dark Angels or Ultramarines.

Mishima Doomtroopers wear a lightweight compact armor which makes them more agile.
Move 4 steps per Movement Action.

Comment: A bit tricky! Maybe Raven Guard since they are described as swift and stealthy. Somehow I’m also thinking White Scars, but there is not much supporting them being fast without their bikes.

What do you think?