PDA

View Full Version : a little ork weapon help?

Warlord Kyle
03-06-2006, 22:01
Sorry so questions, once again...
The news ork codex is 3rd edition, right?
And why does the 3rd edition codex not mention anything about any type of ork shotta? (including normal, heavy and grot.)
Are the shotta weapons mentioned in the 3rd edition rulebook?
and why is there no difference between choppas and the chainsaw choppas strenght?

If anyone would be so kind please post me the staticstics and range of all ork shottas. I do have the 3rd edition codex and they arn't in there...:confused:

MadJackMcJack
03-06-2006, 22:47
http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/reference/assets/ork-summary.pdf Weapon stats are at the bottom. The older Ork codexes were missing the weapon stats. GW quality control at it's finest :rolleyes:

The only difference between the chainsaw choppa and other choppas is the look. Adds variety to the mob, but nothing else. It still uses the strength of the Ork and won't allow a save better than 4+

Warlord Kyle
04-06-2006, 01:11
thank u very much for your help, just a comple more things, is there anything special about the orks with topknots or no?
are the guns that look like shotguns just plain shootas?
are all pistols classified as sluggas?
are are all machine guns they carry just classified as shoota?
sorry for all the question, i may now be a brother sergant but im definitly still a noob:o

Zzarchov
04-06-2006, 01:14
all the orks are the same

all the pistols are sluggas all the machine guns are shootas, all the cleavers, axes and chainsaws are choppas.

Sir_Turalyon
04-06-2006, 01:22
is there anything special about the orks with topknots or no?

No. They just look differently.

are the guns that look like shotguns just plain shootas?
are all pistols classified as sluggas?
all machine guns they carry just classified as shoota?

If we are talking about plastic (3rd edition) models, then yes, every pistol is slugga, every other firearm is shoota. Some ork mashine guns are big shootas, but they are sold separately and clearly described as big shootas.

MadJackMcJack
04-06-2006, 01:35
Or you can stick the barrel of one shoota onto the barrel of another shoota, and voila, easy big shoota.