PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Samurai Pizza Tau!!!!

ss_cherubael
04-06-2006, 02:43
Can anyone here remember a show that used to be on TV (im talking in australia here so i dont know if you guys from else where will have seen it) called Samurai Pizza cats??????? well that was the inspiration for a tau army that im painting up as we speak, tau as samurai. OK so it sounds a bit weird to have an army that cant do squat in combat being done out as samurai's but it works.

ok the samurai's are fire warriors (this due to samurai's being horse archers), the Kroot are Ninja's, Etherals are priests, battle suits are Shoguns. Stealth Suits are Ninja's also. cool huh?

the colour scheme is scab red base with white shoulder guards and the spet markings are orange as they come from Sa'cea (spelling????) whose fire caste members are supposed to be highly disciplined and honourable. Also the Shas'O has a drone hat (looks very cool and asian) and the Shas'ui all have those back banners that are regularly seen on Samurai.

The kroot are a light grey with black cloth and im going to mould some hoods onto them to have them look very ninja like.

so yeah tell me what you think and if you have seen this kinda thing done before can you drop us a link? thanks all:)

adreal
04-06-2006, 04:13
I LOVED THAT SHOW......ahem

er well it could look cool......I guess but yeah

You should just base the army off the show, not off real samurai, cause that would be cool to see

Gearux
04-06-2006, 04:15
can i have some of what ur smockning?:eyebrows:

no im jk it actually sounds pretty cool. time consuming, but cool. if u want to do it go for it

Brimstone
04-06-2006, 09:26
can i have some of what ur smockning?:eyebrows:

no im jk it actually sounds pretty cool. time consuming, but cool. if u want to do it go for it

Now try english and try reading the FAQ/Posting guidelines :rolleyes:

Khaine's Messenger
04-06-2006, 09:40
so yeah tell me what you think and if you have seen this kinda thing done before can you drop us a link? thanks all:)

It's not exactly like it's a new idea, no. I've even seen some "basket hat and katana" battlesuit conversions on the web, but I don't have the links offhand. And it's an idea I like a whole lot more than Gundam Tau, but that's another thread.

Oh, and it might behoove you to do a bit of research into Japanese military history. There's more than the Samurai and the "Ninja." If only for your own "edification" rather than something that'll make it into the army. :D

bloed_tarnen
04-06-2006, 09:46
The concept sounds good. If you actually do it some pictures of the final products and stage by stage shots would be interesting to include. I only saw the show twice, my uncle had foxtel at his place, that's where I saw it.

Hlokk
04-06-2006, 13:44
Was that the one that went

"samurai pizza cats, their so bad, they've got more fur than any turtle ever had?"

What are you looking at me like that for :eyebrows: :p

sounds good, there was a conversion of a battlesuit with a bigass katana somewhere. It used a shield drone as one of those round helmet things the samurai used.

Ironhand
04-06-2006, 13:56
I think the Kroot would be more appropriately done as Ashigaru or perhaps Ikko-Ikki rather than Ninja. Ninja is probably appropriate for Stealth Suits.

Don't forget to give everyone sashimono banners.

Given the obvious anime influence on the Tau models, doing them up as samurai is very cool.

senban
04-06-2006, 17:28
Fire warriors are Ashigaru, but ikko-ikki is about right for the kroot. Pathfinders = ninja recon, stealth = ninja assault. What you really need is a big firebreathing oni broadside in a kabuki mask.

Psiweapon
04-06-2006, 19:36
Fire warriors are Ashigaru, but ikko-ikki is about right for the kroot. Pathfinders = ninja recon, stealth = ninja assault. What you really need is a big firebreathing oni broadside in a kabuki mask.
now THAT broadside idea sounds good!!!!! :O

And yeah Samurai Pizza Cats ruled. And I am from Spain!!! they aired it here, what, 9, 10 years ago? Guido ( blue armored cat) and Rescue Team all the way!!!

Ironhand
04-06-2006, 22:46
I'll agree with the Fire Warriors being Ashigaru.

You could probably convert the Battlesuits to resemble Samurai armor with facemasks and so on.

Toppan
05-06-2006, 05:27
...what about the dronez?

Vanger
05-06-2006, 07:21
...what about the dronez?

Rukoru-kubi headz? (Or how the hell they are spelled)

Warlord Kyle
06-06-2006, 00:12
kroot as ningas would be awsome!!
mabye have strings of shuriken on belts...
please post pics then u have one or two done.