PDA

View Full Version : Arbites as Sisters?

Khrangar
04-06-2006, 04:25
I was wondering if anyone would object to me doing a Witch Hunters army but with Arbites instead of Sisters. I just think I could pull off a cooler army if I were to actually do this instead of using sisters.

If you think I would be able to do this, what do you think I could use for Sister units?

Any help would be appreciated.

Khrangar

MIGHTYPanhead
04-06-2006, 04:50
Well, you'd have your judge or precinct leader as your cannoness/inquisitor.

You'd have arbites w/bolters as noraml sisters

Arbites with heavy flamers as the heavy sister option??

Check out AirbornXO's cadian arbit thread, it could help quite a bit :)

starlight
04-06-2006, 05:37
You'll have to be a bit clearer, as Arbites are a Troops choice for a WH army.

Do you mean using the Arbites models, but the SoB rules?

Musa
04-06-2006, 07:33
ummm... in the witchhunter's 'dex, under Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, there's a designers note that says that since Witchhunters sometimes use Arbites, you can switch the Stormtrooper's hellguns and targeters for Shotguns and count them as arbites at no extra cost.

Darkseer
04-06-2006, 07:39
Also, Arbites have Carapace armour, not power armour.
They also do not have 'faith points'

Bregalad
04-06-2006, 10:02
The question is a bit unclear: You want a Witch Hunter army without Sisters of Battle and ask, which Sisters of Battle Units we are proposing for that? Nevermind, but in the Tactica Witchhunter there are several army lists of Witchhunters without Sisters and with Arbites instead, so look there.

Here some other Arbites lists:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28099&highlight=arbites
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23476&highlight=arbites
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16948&highlight=arbites

Combat patrol:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34107&highlight=arbites
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25019&highlight=arbites
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23276&highlight=arbites
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23041&highlight=arbites

Or do you mean, that lightly armoured Arbites minis should be used as replacing power armoured Sisters as a Sisters unit? That would be quite irritating for your opponents, like doing a SM army with IG minis.

sigur
04-06-2006, 10:51
The way I got the initial post, I think you want to use Arbites miniatures for SoB proxies which, in my opinion, is not a good idea at all, for several reasons:

.) Arbites are another troop choice in the same army list.
.) Arbites don't have power armour and don't "produce or use faith points"
.) Arbites are very rarely seen at the front of an open battle.

Normally I'm a fan of ideas to make interesting themed armies, but in this case, it just seems wrong for a few very good reasons.

Kriegsherr
04-06-2006, 11:06
Hmmmm.... the armour thingy I could look over, and the Arbites had the ability to get bolters in 2nd ed.
But the sisters special rules now are something completly different.

I for my part suggest using the adeptus arbites rules in codex WH. If you want to give them bolters because you got bolter arbites, then go ahead. I would even allow it for free because they cost to much to start with, but I know other players would force you to pay one or two extra points.

starlight
04-06-2006, 18:14
I agree with allowing Bolters for free (due to the already high cost) but I'm concerned about the many issues involved with proxying as SoB. There is simply too much opportunity for confusion. Maybe in a small friendly game, but I'd need to play a few of those first to see.

t-tauri
04-06-2006, 18:31
I have to join the objection to Sisters. All the stats of the models are wrong, no shotguns plus no faith points. Also the proxy Arbites are a choice inside the list so you could have arbites counting as sisters and also counting as ISTs. :wtf:

The more accepted "counts as" options for a whole Arbites army would be to use SM scouts (where you can get bolters and shotguns, but lack the special weapons) or to use Witch Hunters StormTroopers where you can get the special weapons but can't get the bolters, counting the Inquisitors as higher level Arbitrators. :(

The problems mean you're really better using one of the fan produced Arbites lists for friendly games. You can also get a better simulation of the shotguns ammo. Arbites without executioner rounds aren't really Arbites.

AgentZero
04-06-2006, 22:47
I was wondering if anyone would object to me doing a Witch Hunters army but with Arbites instead of Sisters. I just think I could pull off a cooler army if I were to actually do this instead of using sisters.

If you think I would be able to do this, what do you think I could use for Sister units?

Any help would be appreciated.

Khrangar

Are you using Arbites as Arbites or Arbites "as" Sisters?

If you're using them as Sisters , the options have already been posted in the thread.
If you're using Arbites as Arbites, then you're screwed.
Because they won't be legal in tournies as they have no current rules and only the shotties are viable main choices.
No rules for Judges, Arbites on bikes, allies, nothing.
Just Arbites with Shotguns and a few special weapons.
No Bolters.
No mauls and suppression shields.
Nodda.

I have over 50 Arbites, probably close to 65.:(
20 with Shotguns, 20 with Bolters, Judges, special weapons and a few maul/shields.

Krieg
There are NO Arbites rules in the WH Codex.
Arbites got the shaft and can be swapped in for ISTs but with Shotguns and a few special weapons.
GW is stupid and gave every Arbites player the one finger salute.

I already wrote GW telling them there better be a Chapter Approved update on the way:p

Khrangar
05-06-2006, 00:05
Thanks all.

I did mean to use the Arbites as Sisters in all respects, rules, stats, etc., but now I don't think I will. I may however, just mail order a gang of them just to paint and see if I want to do an army of them, using the IST rules instead.

Thanks again for your help.

Khrangar

cerealkiller195
05-06-2006, 02:02
screw what they say. all you have to do is tell your opponent what they are in the beginning of the game. Make it clear and all weapons represented so there is no more confusion.

ANYTHING can be rationalized with explanation, like special ammunition, stimm injectors, etc.

Mikari
05-06-2006, 02:49
Thanks all.

I did mean to use the Arbites as Sisters in all respects, rules, stats, etc., but now I don't think I will. I may however, just mail order a gang of them just to paint and see if I want to do an army of them, using the IST rules instead.

Thanks again for your help.

Khrangar

I've got no problem with using arbite models as sisters. Other than explaning faith points I fail to see a reason this isn't reasonable. If anything Arbites look more power armoured then sisters do.

Other wise you could start a necromunda gang.

starlight
05-06-2006, 02:52
My only *real* concern would be if you took Arbites as ISTs as well. It's all well and good if it's a straight swap, but having ISTs *could* lead to some confusion and confusion just isn't fun.:(

Like I said above, I'd have to give it a whirl first, but I *would* give it a chance.