PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming army books?

Agnosis
04-06-2006, 12:24
I hope I hit the correct forum. :)

I wonder if anyone has any idea in which order new army books will be released. I have understood that Orcs & Goblins are coming this fall, along with seventh edition, but does anyone know what more? Which Fantasy armies are next? And how far away are they?

Also, I've been wondering.. will GW strive to make more lists in each army book? For example, give O&G a generic list, a night gobbo list, an orc list, etc. Giving skaven a Skryre, Pestilens, Moulder, Eshin list. Is this something which they want to do more of, or do they want to keep it simple?

Reabe
04-06-2006, 14:04
Perhaps rumours might be better, as I think there has already been a list of the order in which the army books might come.

The Orcs and Goblins army seems to of been made to allow such "themed lists", with the "two bolt throwers for one special choice" rule only being in Goblin-led armies.

The current Skaven army list is already good enough to make a Skryre list, there's one already for Pestilens, and there are WD/SOC lists for Moulder and Eshin.

Skargit
06-06-2006, 00:32
Perhaps rumours might be better, as I think there has already been a list of the order in which the army books might come.

The Orcs and Goblins army seems to of been made to allow such "themed lists", with the "two bolt throwers for one special choice" rule only being in Goblin-led armies.

The current Skaven army list is already good enough to make a Skryre list, there's one already for Pestilens, and there are WD/SOC lists for Moulder and Eshin.

yeah, I've heard about the 2 for 1 rules being restricted to gobbo-led armies (woo!).

Also, there's a rumour going around that gobbos ge their points upped a bit.

Anyways, back on topic, I like your idea about standard lists as well as "faction specific lists".

I play an all common gobbo army ususally and would like to see something benefit this other than my bragging rights for killing a bloodthirster with a unit of 'art grotz

Gorbad Ironclaw
06-06-2006, 06:32
I hope I hit the correct forum. :)

I wonder if anyone has any idea in which order new army books will be released. I have understood that Orcs & Goblins are coming this fall, along with seventh edition, but does anyone know what more? Which Fantasy armies are next? And how far away are they?

Seems consensus is that Empire is out after OnG, and I would imagine that Vampires come after that. I think if you look at the order 6th edition books was released in, your not going to be to far off.

Also, I've been wondering.. will GW strive to make more lists in each army book? For example, give O&G a generic list, a night gobbo list, an orc list, etc. Giving skaven a Skryre, Pestilens, Moulder, Eshin list. Is this something which they want to do more of, or do they want to keep it simple?

I very much doubt there will be several different lists. I'm sure there will be options to theme the lists in certain directions, but I don't think you will find seperate lists as such. So there isn't going to be 3 pages with generic OnG, then 2 pages with a savage orc list, followed by 2 pages with Nigh Goblins etc.

Bregalad
06-06-2006, 08:42
This is stuff you can look up in the rumour roundup. Here the quote from avian:

Next army books
It is highly probable that the first releases for 7th edition will mirror those first released for 6th edition, mainly because those are most in need of an updated model line.

The predicted release schedule for the rewrite of army books is thus
- Dwarfs (already released, 3rd out in 6th edition)
- Orcs & Goblins (confirmed for autumn 2006, 2nd out in 6th edition)
- Empire (Q2 2007, 1st out in 6th edition)
- Vampire Counts (Q4 2007, 4th out in 6th edition)
- Dark Elves (2008 sometime, 5th out in 6th edition)
UPDATE: Prediction confirmed, though later releases may vary. The Dark Elves may or may not trade places with Skaven (rumour by 75hastings69)

Agnosis
06-06-2006, 18:16
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to check the rumour section next time. :)

I'm fine if there is only one list for each army, but I think the lists must be more flexible, to allow themed armies.

Gorbad Ironclaw
06-06-2006, 18:21
Well, you can already theme your army to any of the orc sub-races if you like. However, there will be variation and specific benefits to going with each of the different generals.