PDA

View Full Version : Selling WFB what figures to keep for Quest.

jez
11-09-2013, 19:00
Hi folks. Could just do with a bit of help from you Quest veterans

After a long hiatus and bit of soul searching, I've decided to sell most of my Warhammer stuff off.
We've since started playing a bit of WHQ and really enjoyed it so I want to keep the figures we may end up using in that - would be so annoying to get rid of a load if figures I end up needing, especially as they're already fully painted.

I've got full armies for Orcs and Goblins, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Empire, Beastmen and Skaven, (plus a reasonable amount of undead) - madness I know.
What bits and pieces am I best off keeping?

(I'm also looking at doing WFRP but will ask the same question in the relevant forum).

Ta in advance :)

S_A_T_S
11-09-2013, 21:37
First thing I'd do is grab the BL1 & 2 tables and make sure you keep enough models to cover the entries there. Ideally, you'd want to look at all 10 BL tables, but that might be quite a lot of stuff...

greenstuff_gav
11-09-2013, 22:17
here's the list i ran off for my Miniquest (it's the box set)

4 Warrior models: Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard
6 Orc Warrior models
6 Orc Archer models
6 Goblin Spearmen models
6 Night Goblin Archer models
12 Skaven models
3 Minotaur models
12 Giant Spider models
12 Giant Bat models
12 Giant Rat models
12 Snotling models
10 Dungeon Doorways

Nymie_the_Pooh
12-09-2013, 15:51
I'd check the tables, but you should be fairly safe selling off most of the High Elves and Empire. Keep a few to use as heroes as you like. The first armies of myself and friends were models we already had from collecting for Warhammer Quest. These were Greenskins, Skaven, Undead, and Chaos. We had a start on a Dark Elves army just from buying up models for use in WHQ as well. Lizardmen might be worth hanging onto for WHQ if you want to make incursions into Lustria. It's hard to get into specifics without looking at the tables. I'm too lazy to do that and don't know specifically what you have in order to cross reference even if I wasn't.

Necanthrope
12-09-2013, 18:35
Hi there.
Here is a comprehensive list of miniatures needed to play whq. It has entries for EVERYTHING you would ever need, including all 10 monsters tables, and a;l the expansions.

http://www.shaolinnm.com/WHQ/MinisListRevC.pdf

It was compiled by warhammer quest guru, LittleMonk

Purplebeard
12-09-2013, 21:59
Keep your characters and monsters. Chariots/cavalry/war machines are optional.

For most types of footsoldiers, aim to keep about 10-12.

Hope that helps as a rough guide!

jez
09-10-2013, 11:33
Many, many thanks for the replies guys.
Genuinely appreciate each one.
Apologies for the tardy response but some some real life issues got in the way (as real life issues do ;) )

Was going to post some more questions on specifics but Necanthrope's post has put paid to that.
Printed off that checklist and I'll go through it later today (actually looking forward to that in a geekish fashion ;) )

Happy adventuring.