PDA

View Full Version : Production times?

Randallw
05-06-2006, 02:43
Anyone have an idea how long it takes for a model to go from Prototype to Production?. If they start test making sprues for a model how long before it goes into full production?.

starlight
05-06-2006, 03:03
Mostly it depends on the level of commitment. If they throw a bunch of guys at it and say *Make it happen, ignore everything else*, it could be done in a couple of weeks to a few months. Normally, given the various levels of bureaucracy and multiple competing priorities, it takes months or years.

As an aside, it's cheaper to build a 2000sqft house in 3 hours than it is in three months.

Randallw
05-06-2006, 03:08
months hmm. Well as long as it's no more than 6 months. About that time I have to decide if I can wait for plastic or go with resin.

starlight
05-06-2006, 03:11
What are you refering to? Timelines don't mean much to GW, they move dates around as it suits them. Just because something is ready to sell, doesn't mean that it's on the shelves. They fit things in as they please.

Randallw
05-06-2006, 08:47
I am talking about the plastic Baneblade. I don't want to give away too much as I feel it proper to allow him to post it if he can.

Edit: I apologise for being obscure. I'm not exactly used to having privileged information. Might I give away my source? Shouldn't he divulge the specifics, since he got them?. Surely if it wasn't important to keep shut he wouldn't have just told me instead of posting it.

starlight
05-06-2006, 16:33
I generally go with - unless you have explicit permission or the information is known through at least one other source, don't flap the yap.:D There are several of us on these boards who have *sources* and we have to sit on our hands to prevent giving away these helpful people.

With regards to that particular item, I expect that it will be finished *at least* six months prior to its release. This will allow for unforseen difficulties, both with that project and with others, as well as giving the builders and painters several months to perfect their work before the Marketing Campaign kicks off. Likely it will see either a Summer Campaign release or a Christmas Splash, so Marketing will gear up three to six months prior to that.