PDA

View Full Version : So...Blood Angels

Glenn87
19-09-2013, 23:05
hey guys,

I've been a long-time Blood Angels player (ever since 3th edition).
Now the new Marine codex got me thinking. I've red some Rumours of a new BA codex somewhere late 2014 (wich, being 4 years after the current one is a possibility).

I was just thinking, what could they possibly add to the BA's?
Every codex release has been with 4+ new kits and a bunch of Clampacks as release, but BA's ARE just a Marine chapter with a few extra's that already have a (new) Plastic Kit.
(Baal Predator, Furioso Dreadnought, Death Company and Sanguinary Guard).

What could they POSSIBLY add more?? (I know they could give us a nice plastic Sanguinary Priest and or Chaplain model, but no plastic kits afaik?)

CrownAxe
19-09-2013, 23:08
They can always just make new units (which they do for every new codex release)

jri0t68
19-09-2013, 23:31
Do SMs have any MCs? I can't think of any at the moment.

You'd think that the way they're going with every other codex, they'd get one eventually. Maybe a Megazor.. I mean, MegaCenturion, built by slapping together different centurions to form the parts. Or a winged dreadknight.

All jokes aside, it seems plausible they'd add some huge contraption.

Nazerth
20-09-2013, 00:44
Blood Angels are somewhat problematic... so are Space Wolves for that matter, they already have totally unique units and full model support for said units.

I can see additional air support for BA, but aside from that nebulous concept, I have no clue what they could add. You can be sure "Blood" will be in the name somewhere though!

The Thirty
20-09-2013, 05:30
Just tweak existing flavor units like Death Company and Mephiston to be nastier, add some old-school technology like auspex, toss in a 'always been here, but you've never seen us' STC/suit, and bingo.

Dkoz
20-09-2013, 06:43
Mephiston could use 2+ armor save or maybe an invulnerable save, maybe BA could get a jump pack centurion assault squad:D. I could see them gaining access to the hunter and the stalker, maybe even a new flyer.

Brother Vaneb
20-09-2013, 10:23
Mephiston could use 2+ armor save or maybe an invulnerable save, maybe BA could get a jump pack centurion assault squad:D. I could see them gaining access to the hunter and the stalker, maybe even a new flyer.

Jump pack centurions - the Magos in me just smiled.

Kijamon
20-09-2013, 11:03
Blood Angels are somewhat problematic... so are Space Wolves for that matter, they already have totally unique units and full model support for said units.

I can see additional air support for BA, but aside from that nebulous concept, I have no clue what they could add. You can be sure "Blood" will be in the name somewhere though!

Not sure that the SW are that difficult.

Either go down the "oh no, we like to fight on the ground" route and stick the Hunter/Stalker in without a flyer - just reduce the cost of the AA a little bit to compensate for that.

Or approach it from a different angle and give SW two flyers. Either new ones, ideally a transport or the storm raven and/or stormtalon. After all, they might not like jump packs and deep striking very much but they can't get off the planet any other way so getting there quickly and effectively is the best way. No army in 40k is just going to sit there being obliterated without any air support.

I actually think that the SW and BA codexes just need tweaks for the most part. Both have their unique units and characters. You'd really have to want to diverge them some more to add anything else. Compare them to the DA, is there that many more units that are needed? It's all about points costs rather than lack of anything in particular (AA for SW aside).

wilsonian
20-09-2013, 11:30
I can see them doing a "Supplement" Codex for these. BTH I'm unsure why they didn't do that with DA as well.

lordbeefy
20-09-2013, 12:06
I am currently building my BA army around the standard codex....just vanilla units painted in BA colours....no death company, no furiosos, plain old marines.

I hated that they made the stormraven available for everyone in the supplement but not the stormtalon.

I love the new centurion devastators and have to have a unit.

I also really like the thunderfire cannon, so vanilla marine rules suit me better....I don't use the sangiunary guard, other than to use the parts as customisings for my standard marines....I don't use death company, and I don't have a baal predator at the moment, so theres nothing I am missing out on.

adreal
20-09-2013, 13:07
Personally, i think that the blood angel releaae will have a new basic assault squad, to replace the rather old set we have now. Maybe even a new command squad set, though thats unlikly.

Wolves could be a good enough excuss for a new scout box, mainly to fix up the lack of neck on those models (as well as a new flier)

Weazel
20-09-2013, 13:39
SW Wulfen have no models at the moment (used to have). So a unit of wulfen is a possibility. Possibly also a wolfy flyer and access to AA options from the C:SM. Hopefully no centurions. :D Overall the codex need slight tweaks in unit costs and wargear options. I'd love to see Wolf Guard with more options like the Sternguard Veterans (basically "real" weapons instead of combi ones). Wolf Scouts need to be troops to see any table time. FnP for the unit lead by a Wolf Priest!

Oops, got carried away with SW wishlisting in a BA thread... :D Anyway, the problem with C:SM and other marine chapters is that most of the units are well established in the fluff and background literature, so bringing an altogether new and previously unheard of unit can feel a bit like blasphemy. The Assault Marine box is pretty old, so basically a new kit for Assault Marines (maybe 10 per kit) is viable and fitting for Blood Angels. What about a BA specific Storm Talon variant, possibly with a torrent flamer to go with the "Baal" theme?

Darnok
20-09-2013, 14:07
For blisters there are still lots of possible character models to be done.

As for boxes: whatever GW thinks would be a "cool" addition. BA already have a strong "angels" theme (D'Oh!), and I could easily see a flyer based on that - maybe even a second new flyer, making BA a very flyer-heavy SM chapter. Apart from that I'm sure GW has no issues coming up with a new tank, cybot or infantry type that nobody has ever heard of before, but miraculously was always there.

And while we're wishlisting: personally I hope they downgrade BAs to only a supplement codex instead of a new full book.

Spider-pope
20-09-2013, 14:22
If i had to guess, i'd say an Honour Guard kit, a flyer and a new Heavy Support choice.

And while i'm wishlisting: Personally i hope they keep Blood Angels as a standalone list. We had a codex long before Vanilla marines.If anyone is going to get rolled up, it should be them into us.

wilsonian
20-09-2013, 15:41
Considering BA got done a few years ago I think we'll be one of the last to be done :(

And while i'm wishlisting: Personally i hope they keep Blood Angels as a standalone list. We had a codex long before Vanilla marines.If anyone is going to get rolled up, it should be them into us.

Erm, Didn't the 2nd ed space marine codex come out before the angels of death list or was there a list out in Rouge Trader?

Charistoph
20-09-2013, 17:03
Wolves could be a good enough excuss for a new scout box, mainly to fix up the lack of neck on those models
Unless they do a Raven Guard Supplement first...

And yes, new basic Assault Marines would be a good fit for Blood Angels Supplement.. ;)

Darnok
20-09-2013, 17:30
We had a codex long before Vanilla marines.If anyone is going to get rolled up, it should be them into us.

What are you talking about? During 2nd edition "generic Marines" were Codex: Ultramarines, which existed even before BA got half a book with Codex: Angels of Death. And even there they were mostly red Marines with a few add-ons.

Bonzai
20-09-2013, 18:23
All I see them "needing" is; attack fighter/bomber combo kit, possibly adding centurions and Stalkers/hunters, whatever characters haven't been released yet, and a nice plastic sanguinary priest/ apothecary kit with all the options. Maybe another successor chapter character... Like a blood drinker or lamenters chapter, or both, that they can make a supplement on (as I am sure they will do for flesh tearers).

Other than that, a rules and point update (flak missiles, etc...).

S_A_T_S
20-09-2013, 18:44
They will add something, and whatever it is should have a 'flight' theme. That's what BA is all about - speed and flying. DA getting new landspeeder and flier was ridiculous, when BA are supposed to be the aerial-obsessed chapter. To keep that theme, they have to go big with BA flying. I would hope for:

= New flier or two (a la DA), or a minimum of adding the stormtalon
= Jump pack/flying heavy unit (see: jump pack centurions, maybe jump pack devastators)
= Landspeeder Storm (why can't our scouts fly?!)
= Ooh, maybe flying scouts! Scouts with mini-jump packs/grav-belts for behind enemy line drops (gives them hit & run/jet rule?)
= Maybe some sort of extended rhino/extra fast ground transport

I could see making one of the BA fliers into an AA themed flier instead of giving BA access to the stalker/hunter, emphasising the love of speed. Problem is, most of the things I could see fitting BA's themes have already been done to DA (fliers, speeders, bikes, etc). However, as DA have their own standalone codex I simply can't believe GW wouldn't give BA one as well. But that is a conversation Christoph and I have discussed in at least 3 other threads in the last month or so, so let's not start it up again...

Lord Damocles
20-09-2013, 19:12
Give 'em Centurions, Storm Talons, Thunderfire Cannons, Hunters...

Seems fair! :y