PDA

View Full Version : art in City of Death

Jellicoe
06-06-2006, 08:59
I got my City of Death copy at the weekend and am looking forward to some city fights

however I am the only one to be really disappointed at the almost total lack of any new artwork in the book, I think that virtually all of the artwork featured has been used before, certainly from the old cityfight book or from the main rulebook or even from the 3rd ed one. That struck me as somewhat cheap

Whilst I like the more straightforward cityfight rules and scenarios I thought the modelling section was poorer than the previous cityfight, the availability of the new scenery has I guess made those 'how to build ruins' sections unnecessary now (at least in GW eyes) This is a shame as whilst lovely the new buildings are not the be all and end all of city terrain. Also felt that the fluff section was much lighter than its predecessor

Dont get me wrong, I am really looking forward to getting stuck in with my new buildings and rules but just thought I would make a few observations

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Death Cat
06-06-2006, 09:51
Completly agree Jellicoe the lack of new art work was some what disappointing.

And the hobby section could have been greatly improved, the old city fight codex had a good hobby section full of useful tips on selfmade buildings.

However i cant find any major faults in the new rules (But im sure someone will point some out :rolleyes: )

Eetion
06-06-2006, 10:38
Another in total agreement.
Although im disapointed that there was no new art work or fluff, I have to say the thought of using the demolition stratagem on a tactically important building filled me with the kind of glee normally only seen on 5 year olds at the circus.
One slight diappointment were the booby trap rules, I would have prefered for them to be a smaller light troop killer, such as the old Catachan booby trap rules....rather than the ultra powerful Terminator killers, that they are.