PDA

View Full Version : Gaunts Ghost's haunting my mind.

scavenseer
06-06-2006, 14:41
I need some help from all you expert guard players out there!!

1. Do you have any suggestions for a model to represent the following people in the tanith regiments:
Cuu, Rawne, Feygor, Brostin, Mkvenner (these will be my kill team squad!!)

2. Can i use the chapter approved rules for tanith, rather than the rules in the imperial guard codex?

3. Can anyone think of a model i could use for Commissar hark (short, trimmed hair, las pistol and bionic arm)

4. How would i work out Braggs use of the heavy bolter?
thank you guys

schoon
06-06-2006, 17:17
While they're not the best sculpts in the world, there is the Tanith Ghosts miniatures blister (99060105161) that includes many of the dramitis personae of the novels, and Colonel Commissar Gaunt himself (99060105179).

However, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to kit-bash any of the characters, excepting the female ones, as female IG figures are fairly rare. Use a commissar as a basis for Gaunt, a Catachan for Bragg, etc.

punisher
06-06-2006, 17:43
mkoll is shown in chapter aqpproved as the colm corbec with a marine scopr underneath the barrel of the lasgun .brostin would just be a catchan flame trooper with a sculpted camo cloak

Ancientsociety
06-06-2006, 18:03
2. Yes

3. Commisar w/ Bolter & Sword as a base, replace bolter w/ laspistol, replace sword arm w/ bionic arm from the Necromunda Bounter Hunter model or the Pit Slave Chief.

4. Buy the SM Scout w/ Heavy Bolter bolter, work up from a Catachan or Chaos Maruader torso

Zander
06-06-2006, 18:11
3. Commisar w/ Bolter & Sword as a base, replace bolter w/ laspistol, replace sword arm w/ bionic arm from the Necromunda Bounter Hunter model or the Pit Slave Chief.

Replace the laspistol with plasma pistol for Hark.

Caboose
06-06-2006, 18:19
urm the imperial guard codex doesnt have rules for the ghost anymore :p

Hlokk
06-06-2006, 18:32
Mate, their in the back under the doctrines bit.

1: Cuu: Shiv with the plasma pistol filed off. Rawne: Catachan with the solid snake head or the necromunda orlock ganger with autopistol and knife. Brostin, I'd say a cadian with catachan arms and a flamer. Not a clue for McVenner.

2: Not in tournament or competitve (ie: in store) play.

3: Get the commissar with the flamer and axe behind his head. Lop off the flamers fuel tank and muzzle and stick a lasgun nozzle on there. Even if he is a commissar, he'll still have a commisarial cap and such. Perhaps cut off the axe arm and replace with a space marine arm to give it a bionic look.

4: For Bragg, try ox from shaeffers last chancers:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010513311&orignav=9 (also comes with seperate heavy boler)

Rules wise, if you want to knock up some custom rules for it, try the deathwatch assault heavy bolter, where it becomes Assault 3, 18 inch range, same stats.

t-tauri
06-06-2006, 20:07
The Ghosts extra character rules (http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapterapproved/gaunts%2Dghosts/), plus some conversions are on the GW site as a pdf. There's at least some inspiration for a kill-team there.

Ox as Bragg works quite well, the rest as plastic catachan conversions I'm less sure of.

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 13:02
Yeah. If you use Ox as Bragg, AVOID the Catachans like they have a plague. Because look at thos arms compared to Ox's. Bragg is the undisputed muscle-man of the Tanith first. Yet Ox pales in comparison to the muscular chunkiness of the Catachans.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:56
Schaefers last chancers has got loads of possibilities,
my hark is exactly what Hlokk suggested but with a plasma pistol
try out some orlocks and pit scum from necromunda or convert wood elves(good cloaks) thats how i got my mkoll

Toppan
09-06-2006, 17:24
as for using chapter approved, im using the feral chapter approved list and have been for quite some time, so go ahead, but dont expect to be in any tournaments, thats all.
i would say just mix up the cadian and catachan box sets, add a couple catachan snipers or something, it will look alright.

Xhalax
09-06-2006, 18:00
Why a Heavy Bolter for Bragg?

He usually has an autocannon or two in tow rather than a Heavy Bolter. Plus if memory serves, he only had one once....and that was one he liberated from a tank. But don't quote me on that!

ghostmaker12
24-07-2006, 12:11
im am currently attempting to create some ghosts out of the LOTR Rangers. there a little short but they have the look.

Okuto
24-07-2006, 19:30
Cuu....tisk that punk, should of died a more horrible death...

I don't have a tanith kill team(though I've got Larkin and Gaunt) but I've got a blood pact one...

Dude, Hark HAS to have a plasma pistol, he's Hark, he's gotta have it.

Catachan models can help you out most though, good luck finding a Dordon though, he's wayyyy oop