PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer mentioned on 'Neighbours'! Twice!

AdmiralDick
06-06-2006, 17:07
i doubt seriously anyone really cares but on the episode of the Australian soap opera, 'Neighbours', aired in the UK today they mentioned Warhammer twice and even showed a miniature (it was some kind of flying creature, i thought it was a Griffon, but i could be wrong).

Neighbours has aquired some level of cult status in the UK despite largely being treated with contempt in Austraila its self, and as America has rather different tastes when it comes to soaps i imagine its not actually shown there. however, warhammer is not often mentioned on TV and certainly not in scripted shows so i thought it was funny enough to warrant saying something about.

and why has no one noticed that Robert (who blew up the plane in an attempt to kill his father) is pretending to be his identicle twin brother Cam (who is comatosed in a hospital), not even his estranged father, his mother or sister!

NakedFisherman
06-06-2006, 17:34
Warhammer mentioned on 'Neighbours' on this forum! Thrice!

Reabe
06-06-2006, 17:37
and why has no one noticed that Robert (who blew up the plane in an attempt to kill his father) is pretending to be his identicle twin brother Cam (who is comatosed in a hospital), not even his estranged father, his mother or sister!

That's because Shela, whose son Donny who got shot three years ago by Bob, is having an affair with Terry, who is, in fact, Simon... :p :D

Edit: Just watching the repeat of Neighbours, and it's a pegasus.

Edit again: And the girl called the miniatures "dorky"!

Neknoh
06-06-2006, 18:28
. . . a girl in a soap called a mini dorky... the world hates us gaminggeeks, hates us says I!

enyoss
06-06-2006, 18:38
Ok, so the only recorded scripting involving one of my favourite past-times... and only then to put the boot in about it being 'dorky'. Hmm... can't help but feel that's a bit of a kick in the knackers :cries:

Joe Scully wouldn't have said anything like that :(

cheers my fellow dorks,

enyoss

Ganymede
06-06-2006, 23:20
it ain't the ONLY mentioning of it.

"and now I will make your silver pants blue!"

Alco Engineer
07-06-2006, 00:11
Yes. I remember it when it was on down here in OZ (I actually thought you guys were further behind with neighbours than we are.) I posted it here a while ago (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30101&highlight=)

I thought it was the hippogriff or a griffon that he had passed to him.

Did you guys know that they actually both died (the kids) 2 weeks ago in a horrible car crash on the show?? (not in real life. I'm sure the actors are fine.....just unemployed)

jansenm
07-06-2006, 00:31
I am from australia
I dont know anyone that follows that show
i used to have a friend that did but I dont think he watches it anymore
(maybe in secret)
its so annoyying.

Cpt. Drill
07-06-2006, 09:18
I saw the episode where the Boy is pretending to be his comatose brother so he can kill his father....

It is a diobolical parody of itself!

also news just in...

Neighbours is mentioned like 15 times on a Warhammer forum. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=731740&posted=1#post731740)

Adept
07-06-2006, 09:24
I am from australia
(maybe in secret)
its so annoyying.

My girlfriend watches it religiously. Tonights episode is actually on in the background right now. Apparently Robert put his twin bother Cameron in a coma, then assumed his identity to destroy his fathers life. Now Rob has been exposed, but Cameron has woken up from the coma, and they've arrested Cameron and not Rob.

Whee!

StormCrow
07-06-2006, 09:35
Neighbours will make corpses of us all

i hate neighbours

Alco Engineer
08-06-2006, 01:21
My girlfriend watches it religiously.

That's my excuse too ;)

Tonights episode is actually on in the background right now. Apparently Robert put his twin bother Cameron in a coma, then assumed his identity to destroy his fathers life. Now Rob has been exposed, but Cameron has woken up from the coma, and they've arrested Cameron and not Rob.

The fact you know everyone's name suggests its not just because your girlfriends watching it :eyebrows:

Oh yeah and the bogans are going to Gaol again.

whiteshields1830
08-06-2006, 03:09
why do these stupid soaps always either has:
1) someone in a coma (ALWAYS someone in a coma or will be in a coma)
2) someone having a affair
3) someone trying to kill someone else

btw, i dont follow any soaps at all...i would rather gouge my eyes out and rub it with salt than watch neighbours, home and away or the bold and the beautiful/days of our lives *shivers*...im serious, i really would...

well thats my 2cents on soaps...

Adept
08-06-2006, 06:15
That's my excuse too ;)

The fact you know everyone's name suggests its not just because your girlfriends watching it :eyebrows:

Oh yeah and the bogans are going to Gaol again.

Well, my painting station lives on the coffee table in the lounge room so I end up watching whatever is on TV. Plus there are some hawt chicks on that show. Like Carmella, the mafia bosses daughter turned nun.

Eldacar
08-06-2006, 08:04
Plus there are some hawt chicks on that show.
Regardless of the somewhat questionable quality of the show, I can but agree here.

Alco Engineer
09-06-2006, 00:21
Well, my painting station lives on the coffee table in the lounge room so I end up watching whatever is on TV. Plus there are some hawt chicks on that show. Like Carmella, the mafia bosses daughter turned nun.

That's alright I'm in exactly the same boat. Plus it adds to "quality time" and you get double points for putting up with something you don't like. ;)

As for the hawt chicks, they're ok. Better than Home and Away anyway. That skeletor chick looks freaky!

Rork
09-06-2006, 18:32
Regardless of the somewhat questionable quality of the show, I can but agree here.

That's what makes it worth watching...! It's so predictable you end up willing things to happen.

Neighbours has made an artform out of dubious quality TV. (And where would Kylie's derriere be without neighbours, eh? Eh?)

Elannion
09-06-2006, 23:15
and why has no one noticed that Robert (who blew up the plane in an attempt to kill his father) is pretending to be his identicle twin brother Cam

Actually um whats he called the dad called him rob when he first jumped out from behind the wall but ell corrected him.

Joe Scully wouldn't have said anything like that

Has anyone else noticed that the guy who played joe scully is in the audience in that sheela's wheels advert with the guy who sings.

Frankly
10-06-2006, 02:36
I am from australia
(maybe in secret)
its so annoyying.

The only people i know who watch the show in Oz are Irsh backpackers.

Ares
10-06-2006, 04:40
Good God, this reminds me of the time when i was in Rome & a Scottish couple found out i am an Aussie so they started talking Neighbours to me :wtf: .

Its also reminds me of the time when i was in Constantinople & a Pommie couple found out i am an Aussie so they started talking Neighbours to me..... i cant escape that crappy show where ever in the world i try to hide :cries: