PDA

View Full Version : Wirewolves and Glyphs from' Traitor general

scavenseer
07-06-2006, 11:33
Short thread, what models could i use to symbolise the wirewolves from Traitor general and the floating glyphs.:confused:

ss_cherubael
07-06-2006, 12:39
Chaos hounds or make your own with lots a paper clips, the glyphs are a bit harder maybe look at familiars for inquisitors there might be something there for you

scavenseer
07-06-2006, 12:54
Chaos hounds or make your own with lots a paper clips, the glyphs are a bit harder maybe look at familiars for inquisitors there might be something there for you

The wire wolves are not actual wolves, they are human armour with light holding it together.

Mortare
07-06-2006, 15:14
There was an article on the gw website to make spirit host type figs from wood elf glade guard. You could try the same principle with either empire or brettonian kits, really whatever sort of armour that you wanted. As for the glyfs, im not sure

cerealkiller195
07-06-2006, 15:50
um yeah as above wire wolves aren't really wolves despite their name. I envision something like animated suits of armor with bladed fingers. They were hung onto trees like marionette dolls.

for glyphs that could be hard, because i haven't read the book in a while. But i imagine something like a beholder (think that floating thing in the movie Big Trouble in Little China) but with no facial features

Strikerkc
07-06-2006, 16:05
Hmmm, I think the necron warrior might make the ebst bassis for the wire wolves. Greens tuff in any of the things that make it look particularly necron (Primarily the chest section, and lower torso). Stick some flayed ones hands on them. Perhaps a plain looking fantasy helmet of some sort. Then paint where the "joints" of the armor would be with some sort of source lighting effect.

Think that would make a rather good one actualy.

brother_fandango
07-06-2006, 17:31
the old breetonian knights on foot, expand the arms with paper clips, then put flaved one's claws on the hands

baneful
08-06-2006, 00:06
For wirewolves I was thinking either some form of skelton or knight, add wire, plating, etc.
Count as daemonette in game.

As for glyphs..... you guess is as good as mine

Wolf Sgt Kirke
08-06-2006, 08:38
I always thought that glyphs would look like a cross between a kite and a paper lantern that had come alive maybe you could use gun drone rules??

or maybe they hypnotise people? bit slaneeshi?

maybe choas knights on foot from WHFB?

ss_cherubael
08-06-2006, 12:08
arh, frag! sorry i forgot i read the book ages ago when it first came out, the paper clip idea still stands tho. What rules were you thinking of using?

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 09:02
Hmmm, I think the necron warrior might make the ebst bassis for the wire wolves. Greens tuff in any of the things that make it look particularly necron (Primarily the chest section, and lower torso). Stick some flayed ones hands on them. Perhaps a plain looking fantasy helmet of some sort. Then paint where the "joints" of the armor would be with some sort of source lighting effect.

Think that would make a rather good one actualy.

thanks hon, that idea is perfect xx:)

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 09:33
Scavenseer, does this mean that you play blood pact and your moving to lampeter? will have to take you on with my ghosts if you ever get down to the swansea store while i'm home on leave at some point - i've been wanting to play against blood pact since i started my ghosts - fancy a game - do some house rules for stalk tanks and the like? whadda ya reckon?

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 09:53
Scavenseer, does this mean that you play blood pact and your moving to lampeter? will have to take you on with my ghosts if you ever get down to the swansea store while i'm home on leave at some point - i've been wanting to play against blood pact since i started my ghosts - fancy a game - do some house rules for stalk tanks and the like? whadda ya reckon?

I reckon Ghosts is the operative word for you when i get down there, your ass is mine tanith!!

If you want i can lend you some of my Tanith,. I have modeled every character in the books! Including Cuu (two hand weapons, special rules: Stone killer (always hits first in CC) Psycotic Break (role a dice 1-3 acts as normal, 4-6 attacks the closest model to him, if larkin is in vicinity add 1 to the dice roll).

I am working on a Lilith model at the moment.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 09:59
Dman, wish i had a pithy comeback! but it sounds like a good plan I'm probably not gonna be home till the autumn though as i'm off to South Africa for summer leave but PM me with all these cool house rules and we'll work it out!

wait I've got one! The Emporer Protects! hah, now i cannot lose!

feth that wasn't that good!

I'd only field Lijah fething Cuu so gaunt could shoot him! the backstabbing fethwipe - 'Try', Muril and Corbec! Sorely missed!:cries:

you could have him for the pact though and deploy him in my deployment zone? or something like that - i like a good narrative - any particular fights from the book you fancy - Herodor maybe - good oppurtunity for those 9 killers to take the field!

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 10:08
Dman, wish i had a pithy comeback! but it sounds like a good plan I'm probably not gonna be home till the autumn though as i'm off to South Africa for summer leave but PM me with all these cool house rules and we'll work it out!

wait I've got one! The Emporer Protects! hah, now i cannot lose!

feth that wasn't that good!

I'd only field Lijah fething Cuu so gaunt could shoot him! the backstabbing fethwipe - 'Try', Muril and Corbec! Sorely missed!:cries:

you could have him for the pact though and deploy him in my deployment zone? or something like that - i like a good narrative - any particular fights from the book you fancy - Herodor maybe - good oppurtunity for those 9 killers to take the field!

I already have made models for the 9 killers! I am such a fan when it comes to Tanith books. (there is a pm with special rules in your inbox)

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 10:19
Cool, herodor it is then.....so i'll be horribly out numbered and have to face baneblades and 9 killers.... good thing i've done a conversion for the beati herself (no not st.celestine, i hate cherubim, damn fat little floaters, mines got wood elf eagle wings!) gonna have to do rules for her and ennokenti!

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 10:24
Cool, herodor it is then.....so i'll be horribly out numbered and have to face baneblades and 9 killers.... good thing i've done a conversion for the beati herself (no not st.celestine, i hate cherubim, damn fat little floaters, mines got wood elf eagle wings!) gonna have to do rules for her and ennokenti!

Yes but at least these things go in your favour:

1. The Bloodpact are iniciative 3
2. THe rogue Dreadnought will kill my troops just as quickly as yours.
3 The Loxatyl are no longer suprises to Tanith so they lose the fear aspect
4.Pater sin's children only have 1 wound and no armour.
5. The mandrake is just a mandrake.
6. If Pater sin dies then he cannot imprint Cuu.
7. The sniper is no better than larkin or banda.

My Beati has Butterfly wings of the WE sorceress, oh and a big sword with which she smites the heretic!!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 10:40
Yes but at least these things go in your favour:

1. The Bloodpact are iniciative 3
2. THe rogue Dreadnought will kill my troops just as quickly as yours.
3 The Loxatyl are no longer suprises to Tanith so they lose the fear aspect
4.Pater sin's children only have 1 wound and no armour.
5. The mandrake is just a mandrake.
6. If Pater sin dies then he cannot imprint Cuu.
7. The sniper is no better than larkin or banda.

My Beati has Butterfly wings of the WE sorceress, oh and a big sword with which she smites the heretic!!

Dude(or should that be dudette?) i've got Ibram Gaunt on my side I don't mind about being outnumbered, outgunned and outmanuvered, The Emporer Protects, guardsman, the Emporer protects!

Seriously though - Innokenti and his Life-ward thingymajiggy? and that cohort of elite troopers? - Traitor storm troopers or Marine scouts maybe?
Life Ward - Bloodletter?

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 10:47
Dude(or should that be dudette?) i've got Ibram Gaunt on my side I don't mind about being outnumbered, outgunned and outmanuvered, The Emporer Protects, guardsman, the Emporer protects!

Seriously though - Innokenti and his Life-ward thingymajiggy? and that cohort of elite troopers? - Traitor storm troopers or Marine scouts maybe?
Life Ward - Bloodletter?

Dudette you heathen!!

Life ward - CC weapon style obliterator!!

Dont forget you also have the units that fought beside the tanith, including the best damm Armour regiment in the Guard!! THe Narmienen 3rd!!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 10:56
Dudette you heathen!!

Life ward - CC weapon style obliterator!!

Dont forget you also have the units that fought beside the tanith, including the best damm Armour regiment in the Guard!! THe Narmienen 3rd!!

OK, Dudette it is, I just wondered if through continual use "dude" had become a neutral word.

Liking the CC oblitorator thing - sounds good

Narmenian 3rd weren't on Herodor, but i do have 1 Russ painted in their mustard drab but only for VerVunhive

How did you know I was a heathen - you really must be a Seer!....spooky, does this mean you can also predict my army selection and tactics?......mmmm.....damn psykers!

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 12:25
Wow, Gaunts Ghosts cometh to swansea :D I'll have to remember to come in for that one!

*Tries to remember what other guard units were on herodor.

The closest I've come to you guys obvious love of the Gaunts Ghosts series was the 20 Vitrian dragoons I made in a fit of madness!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 12:28
Keep an eye out BGG I'll post when we organise although may take place at an alternate venue, but will definetly post a report on the fluffiest battle of all time!

20 vitrians? do tell more?

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 12:53
Lol, I'm fairly sure they weren't on the rock in question, but yeah. I took a box of cadians, and in a moment of madness removed all the armour from them and sculpted their infamous scale armour. They aren't perfect. Since the armour isn't made of 'form fitting panels' and doesn't extend further than the shoulders (couldn't find a way to make it look right on the arms) but I was proud of them!

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 12:57
Bring the entire empire with you imperial fools, the pact will crush you like horus crushed sanguinius's windpipe.

I think Measter symore said it best:

"pittifull mortal, your hope ends here, and your meaningless existence with it!'

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:03
Before Cuu gets him, Colm Corbec is gonna have several words with Pater sin and his benighted children.....and no the vitrians weren't on Herodor, but there was a loads of pilgrims....have we overlooked these Skavenseer?

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 13:04
take pictures of the battle as it goes. i want to see this cause there is an alpha level psykers chance in the warp (thats of not being possesed) that i will get there and see it. bloody ****** ocean. so yea stuff us full of pictures and a fluffy as hell battle report. lets see if gaunt pulls it off again.

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 13:04
I'll have to check me book when I get home for what other guard regiments were on Herodor. Because If I'm bringing anything, I'd hate to wreck the fluffiness of your party with a Regiment that wasn't there!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:08
Not a problem yarick zan, it might be a while yet but i'll make it worht the wait

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 13:12
oh and i think general lugo and his life guard were on herodor. if thats any help. maybe even model some PDF and the officers being the only ones having flamers. since im near my book i can check it out for you *sprints upstairs at an insane speed*

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 13:13
The battle will be the ultimate one at the end so Brostin get's old painless back again!!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:16
Say Hello to Mister Yellow!

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 13:17
well if its any help to anyone there was the Khan heavy ground (3 regiments worht) and the Ardelean tank company. thats all i could really find. though i might take a more indepth read of the book again.

Edit: Do i smell, Traitorous Barbeque?

Edit #2: (likely there will be more) Remember that old priest they picked up in Honor Guard? it would be pretty cool to model him out of a regular priest orsomthing. just give him a box of cigars maybe even one in his mouth.

Edit #3-6: Maybe even try to model the STeG 4 light tanks, stalk tanks, and the AT70's (probably take a leman russ and fluff it up a bit because its compared to the russ, but is of a slightly lower quality) and AT83's (maybe even for this one model it off a landraider or a predator. its supposedly better than the 70's and can chew out more fire power too. probably a pretty nice land raider conversion with a rather nice battle cannon bigger than normal.) for your tank side of things you traitorous bastard. (no insult meant to you yourself directly just giving you a title for the match)

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:20
No Tanith Flamers right till the fat lady sings on herodor. but there'll be toasted heretic all round for supper!

And possibly an Iho Stick if your good!:p

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 13:28
are we sure saint sabbat is fat? it seems to me that she isnt exactly a fat lady......

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:31
LOL:D

Me an Skavenseer are trying to flesh out the rules at the mo - any good ideas - get'em posted. start with herodor but any and all will be taken under advisement!

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 13:33
well if its any help to anyone there was the Khan heavy ground (3 regiments worht) and the Ardelean tank company. thats all i could really find. though i might take a more indepth read of the book again.

Edit: Do i smell, Traitorous Barbeque?

Edit #2: (likely there will be more) Remember that old priest they picked up in Honor Guard? it would be pretty cool to model him out of a regular priest orsomthing. just give him a box of cigars maybe even one in his mouth.

Edit #3-6: Maybe even try to model the STeG 4 light tanks, stalk tanks, and the AT70's (probably take a leman russ and fluff it up a bit because its compared to the russ, but is of a slightly lower quality) and AT83's (maybe even for this one model it off a landraider or a predator. its supposedly better than the 70's and can chew out more fire power too. probably a pretty nice land raider conversion with a rather nice battle cannon bigger than normal.) for your tank side of things you traitorous bastard. (no insult meant to you yourself directly just giving you a title for the match)

with me the correct term would be Traitorous Bitch!!;)

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 13:52
ahh well then i guess i wont apologize you traitourous bitch ;) anyways i hope some how you can work my suggestions and make a just totaly buttock prodding blood pact army. hmm another thought here. maybe take the basilisk demolisher cannon or a medusas heavy mortar bit, put it on a land raider (for the bassie reduce the barrel a bit and work it in somehow) and use that as the AT83's main cannon.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:52
Traitorous but not as evil as nurse Ratchet!

oh crap i cross the threads!

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 13:55
The body count in this game is going to be huge!!!

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 13:57
hmm why do i suddenly have the idea of a song going through my head that just so happens to say let the bodies hit the floor in it alot. i REALLY wanna see the results from this game because i know it will be a very nice match.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 13:58
Yeah but it'll be fun to see who's left standing!

and then we can burn all the heretics! go brostin go!

by the by, Brostins your fave - Varl would have to be mine, with Mkoll a very close second but I am getting slowly attached to Ezrah ap Niht!

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 13:59
hmm why do i suddenly have the idea of a song going through my head that just so happens to say let the bodies hit the floor in it alot. i REALLY wanna see the results from this game because i know it will be a very nice match.

Because you are psychic!!! Ask Wolf, thats my armys theme song!! His is by Muse.:)

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 14:00
Yeah but it'll be fun to see who's left standing!

and then we can burn all the heretics! go brostin go!

by the by, Brostins your fave - Varl would have to be mine, with Mkoll a very close second but I am getting slowly attached to Ezrah ap Niht!

How can you not like aa alien version of Mkoll!!

My bet last men standing Larkin, Dorden and Beatii

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 14:03
hmm my tau army (yes im a tau player or atleast trying to be) has the theme song blackmail the universe by megadeth. it seems so fitting to have some things just blow up to the theme of a heavy metal guitar solo.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 14:04
How can you not like aa alien version of Mkoll!!

My bet last men standing Larkin, Dorden and Beatii

I like him post Gereon as much as i did before but varls my man coz he sounds like me! except having an augmetic arm!

My moneys on Cuu (he'd do it just to annoy me),Beati + Milo and Zweil.... and of course Colonel-Commisar (as he was then) Ibram Gaunt!

well it just wouldn't be cricket otherwise!

as for theme song, it has to be the whole of the absolution Album by muse with particular revernce paid to the title track.

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 14:06
I like him post Gereon as much as i did before but varls my man coz he sounds like me! except having an augmetic arm!

My moneys on Cuu (he'd do it just to annoy me),Beati + Milo and Zweil.... and of course Colonel-Commisar (as he was then) Ibram Gaunt!

well it just wouldn't be cricket otherwise!

No i have a sneaking suspision when cuu goes mental, it will rersolve like the book, however this time i think rawne or feygor will get him.

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 14:25
be a bit diffrent if hark didnt get utterly bent over and shown the buisness by the loxtl or whatever they are called (too lazy to look) and just immolated cuu with his plasma pistol.....does hark have a power weapon or a chainsword? (see other note like this above)

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 14:31
be a bit diffrent if hark didnt get utterly bent over and shown the buisness by the loxtl or whatever they are called (too lazy to look) and just immolated cuu with his plasma pistol.....does hark have a power weapon or a chainsword? (see other note like this above)

He was a power sword, i agree i would love to see a summiary execution on Cuu, even better, if after his breakdown, Kolea gets to kill him!!:eek:

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 15:02
well what are you exactly going to do for some heavy support options for the blood pact army?

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 15:06
My man, you even sween a basalisk cannon on defiler body:eek: that looks like a giant stalk tank? 3 of those are my heavy support weapons, as well as normal size stalk tanks with lascannon andautocannons.

Yarick Zan
09-06-2006, 15:11
yea i can see that but it doesnt really seem to fit the stalk tank bill for me. for one the cannon would be too big. for another it seems a bit too big. though in the end its your choice, i myself would either convert a russ or maybe even predators and land raiders for the AT70's and 83's

scavenseer
09-06-2006, 15:20
I am not an expert on vehicles, i dont normally use them so my blood pact are going to rely on troop's masses of em!! 500 is the target im looking for!

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 18:26
It's a shame you two have your heart set on Herodor, I've always had a soft spot for the Phantine skyborne.

Ah, what am I saying. There's no way anything I did would come close to the points league you guys are in.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 20:02
My man, you even sween a basalisk cannon on defiler body:eek: that looks like a giant stalk tank? 3 of those are my heavy support weapons, as well as normal size stalk tanks with lascannon andautocannons.

oh god i need soooo many more tread-fethers - no really I have three! plus some lascannons but the poorly trained PDF will have to wield them - crapola!
Up close and personal it is then!

BGG - It's a shame you two have your heart set on Herodor, I've always had a soft spot for the Phantine skyborne.

Ah, what am I saying. There's no way anything I did would come close to the points league you guys are in.

Hey don't put your selfdown man, even if you aren't up to the numbers , you can always play a "famous last stand" kinda thing!
With a good narrative theres always room for more!

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 20:27
True, but with only like a handful of regiments there, the 'khan heavy ground' don't sound my style, and I can't afford to do a tank company. The life guard don't really appeal to me either. And I'm pretty sure the planets complement of arbites was wiped out fairly early on in the conflict (and I couldn't afford any decent sized force of them either) so I'm pretty stuffed by my own pickyness and being poor!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-06-2006, 20:36
I'm not back to play this till the autumn so theres plenty of time to organise a starring role for all! Never fear guardsman, the Emporer Protects!

Tanith Ghost
09-06-2006, 20:46
For the glyf- I'm going to suggest a wire base, as flying bases don't give much height. Go for the paper lantern look, but be sure to emblazon it with chaos runes.

As for rules, try to find something that can force ld checks.

biggreengribbly
09-06-2006, 21:45
Lol, well. Regardless of anything else, by august there is the distince possibility that I will have at least 1000 points of drop troops that will bear a distinc resemblance to the description of the Phantine skyborne. Not that that makes any difference to you guys, you playing on Herodore and all!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
10-06-2006, 14:06
I'm sure if herodor goes well, we'll probably play some other campaigns, we're already talking about doing Vervunhive! The Emporer Provides!

I really should have been a commisar!....or a colonel commisar!

scavenseer
12-06-2006, 10:37
I'm sure if herodor goes well, we'll probably play some other campaigns, we're already talking about doing Vervunhive! The Emporer Provides!

I really should have been a commisar!....or a colonel commisar!

The emporer prorects...up to a point. I have just finished making my Loxatyl and Pater sin and his children!!;)

BaronDG
12-06-2006, 10:52
I want to see pictures! All these posts and no pictures are driving me mad. MAD!

scavenseer
12-06-2006, 10:58
Pictures of scenerey and models will be available for viewing at the end of the week, i need a new scanner and camera.

BaronDG
12-06-2006, 12:51
Neat, I'm looking forward to it...

Wolf Sgt Kirke
19-06-2006, 17:16
sorry haven't posted for a bit and sorry for resurrecting a thread, but duty called and all that jazz, Scavenseer, pm me what your doing in august, i just bagged some time off! this could happen sooner than we think!