PDA

View Full Version : Army List Level

scarvet
08-06-2006, 03:01
I have join warseer for a while, and I have seen a fair amount of thread about army lists, and I found the word "cheese" and "competitive" is over use. I would like to propose a new standard to warseers:

Getting nowhere: This kind of list will fall apart before it hit the table; either cause by badly coordinade unit choses, or spend too much point on some very unproductive units. Basiclly these army list are "power/cheese" want to be.

Friendly: Very balance/theme lists; they may not be effective, but it can offer the players a great tactical flexibility.

Effective: Like a Friendly list, this kind of list is bulid for win will tactics; However, unit and options are choses so that it have a better chance to win. This list can also stand some chance againts "cookie cutters".

The "Beard": Unlike the normal image of it, I would introduce a new concept about "Beard". This is a product of Australia, where Tournaments have a higher value for army composition. This kind of list will try to maxout it compo point as well as min/maxing. It differ from Effective by taking the advantage of the rule, but maintaining balance of the list. Copy & Paste are very identical.

Power/Competitive: This lists are simply bulit to win without trying ; however, they are not totally unbeatable, they still have weakness.

Cheese: Nearly impossible to beat unless the another list is specific made. Even so, the Cheese can have a fair amount of chance away from losing.

Suggestion welcome to make the system better

William McCoy
08-06-2006, 05:15
I second the motion. "Beard" and "Cheese" are much to broad and vague, not to mention hold personal undertones. While these would still be subjective, at least they have predetermined meanings.

---Slim

Smoking Frog
08-06-2006, 05:28
Just a point of pedantry: a Cookie Cutter is a predetermined shape that you use to cut cookie dough into one shape. A Cookie Cutter list is a list that's already predetermined, a copy-and-paste list, much like "15 Starcannon and 3 Brightlance Vyper Saim Hann" army list. People copy and paste this list from wherever they pick it up, and mayhap change a unit or two to appear original. Cookie cutter has nothing to do with effectiveness or cutting through cookies, a cookie cutter cuts the dough to the same shape, so you see the same list used over and over again by different people.

scarvet
08-06-2006, 07:06
Sorry about the misuse Cookie Cutter; however, it should not be seen in the fun list category(Friendly/Effective, or least possible)

The Dude
08-06-2006, 07:11
I don't think it matters what terms you use, people will bitch and moan anyway.:rolleyes:

Sorry. I'm a bit pessimistic today :)

Smoking Frog
08-06-2006, 07:25
Sorry about the misuse Cookie Cutter; however, it should not be seen in the fun list category(Friendly/Effective, or least possible)

No need for apology. It was just semantics. Thought I'd tell you why cookie cutter was cookie cutter.

And yeah, as The Dude said, people will bitch and moan at you regardless. It's a universal fact that people don't think before opening their mouths.

See. Just like what I did :)

NotElite
08-06-2006, 15:55
I agree, the bitching and moaning is becoming too cookie-cutter around here.

Wraithbored
08-06-2006, 16:04
Indeed, more Who loves (insert the name of your beloved army here) threads should resolve this, just look at how the Eldar and Ork threads are advancing and COOPERATING!

Skyth
08-06-2006, 23:01
Well, it's well known that the definition of cheese is something that your army can do that mine can't.

sigur
09-06-2006, 00:07
Didn't you post that once or twice before?:rolleyes: We heard your very own definition of "cheese".

On topic: I think that these things are way too subjective to classify them like that. It's like trying to find a definition for "tabletop standard painting". Levelization of things just makes the game even more analytical than it is now, which is a thing we don't need in my opinion.

Also, if someone posts a list with the "competative"/"friendly" brand, many people will just turn their backs on it without looking at the list itself which just causes more resentiments of the schools of thinking.

Prince of Moskova
09-06-2006, 18:12
Maybe the rules should introduce methods (more than they do already) to limit lists?

UnRiggable
09-06-2006, 22:31
I like it! umm, Prince, expand/explain your idea, i have no idea what you are talking about. Also, cheese isn't usually subjective, it's pretty obvious to everybody whats cheesy. Like, cheese isn't what your army can do that mine can't, it's when there almost no balance. An example is a Space Marine Commander, two tactical squads and three terminator squads loaded in three land raiders.

Rabid Bunny 666
09-06-2006, 22:40
not as bad as 3 Land raiders, 10 storm Troopers and a Gery Knight Grand Master, thats cheesy