PDA

View Full Version : Death Guard only army list

Fastforward rlz
09-06-2006, 02:13
Ok i'm thinking of starting a chaos Death guard army. im open to lots of sugestions. now please keep in mind im not making this list to win any battles i really like the story and background of the death guard so also please dont try and convince me to do a different chaos army. also for the lord i know i want him to have the steed the hounds and the plague sword ;)

HQ- Typhus 230pts. (you can look up his war gear and stuff)

HQ- Lord 208pts. Mark of nurgle, Plasma pistol, Plague sword Daemonic steed, Daemonic Stregnth, Personal icon, Daemonic Aura and for Chaos hounds (to give him back close hand support because he wont have a retinue)

Elite-Chosen terminators 296-six of them.1reaper autocannon, all have lightning claws. if i use them as typhus' retinue i get the free terminator champ. b/c favored unit.

Troops- 143 7 plague marines free asp. champ. one plasma gun

Troops- 276 14 " " " " " " " "
276 same thing as above

Troops- 160 10 plague bearers (plan on "trying" to send them after tough units because of the 4+ to wound)

HS- Predator 160 Twin-linked Las cannon Heavy bolter sponsons and mutated hull

HS- Land raider

Total points- 1997

UnRiggable
09-06-2006, 02:16
Fast Attack, other than that, go for it

Fastforward rlz
09-06-2006, 02:24
Actually i dont think i can take any fast attack, maby other demons but no thanks...the terminators can deep strike right?

AmKhaibitu
09-06-2006, 02:53
hmm, can't recall if typhus counts as the lord for the army he's taken in or not, if so you might have to step the other guy down a rank to lieutenant.

And no nurglings?

Wraithbored
09-06-2006, 02:56
And do stick to the holy number of nurgle! And I see 10 Plague bearers instead of 7 or 14

AmKhaibitu
09-06-2006, 02:58
Indeed, holy numbers of daemons give you a bonus to summoning them, well worth it.

Fastforward rlz
09-06-2006, 03:02
Ahhh i didnt know that i might have to change that. and max who works at gw told me i could have typhus and another lord

Seth the Dark
09-06-2006, 03:31
I dont believe Typhus counts as one of the Chosen. This list is very low on numbers and the hounds with your Lord negates his IC status and thus will be shot up rather early.

Latro_
09-06-2006, 07:59
Well nothing is fluffier then keeping the units 7 strong.
To be fluffier i'd take more plauge marines. The death guard fluff leans towards heavy use of infantry trainned well to use bolters.
It is also a fluff debate as to if they have many vehicles or not.

As mentioned you don't mind if they army list is non competitive. There are some big issues in this department but go into them.

squiggoth
09-06-2006, 08:15
max who works at gw told me i could have typhus and another lord

The Codex which contains the rules told me that Typhus counts as the Lord, so you can't have another one. ;)

In a Deathguard army, Plaguemarines with Rhino transports may be taken as Fast Attack .... Otherwise, you have none.

I'd try and get more plasma/meltas for your Marine squads, drop the Plaguebearers to 7, add some Nurglings (a DG army without Nurglings is like an Eldar warhost without pointy ears, man! :eek: ).
I'd also use the Typhus model as a Lieutenant in terminator armour .... Together with his terminator retinue that's more than enough killing power.

Oh, and get as much Nurgle's Rot in the list as you can. It always pays back for itself, plus it's fluffy. :cool:

Overlord Krycis
09-06-2006, 08:32
Actually i dont think i can take any fast attack, maby other demons but no thanks...the terminators can deep strike right?
You can only have two Troops choices with Rhinos...any more are counted as fast attack..
Hey presto! Fast Attack Choices.

Still learning
09-06-2006, 10:08
Isn't this the wrong forum for this to be in??

Vet.Sister
09-06-2006, 15:37
Isn't this the wrong forum for this to be in??
yeah it probably is....

I'm playing Death Guard for the first time tonight.
Here's what I put together (roughly):
-CSM Lord, D.Aura, D.Strength, Plague Scythe(sword), Blight Grenades, Move Thru Cover.

-14 Nurgle marines with bolters, 2 melta guns, move thru cover, Champ with P. Sword and B. Grenades
-another unit of 14 Nurgle Marines same load out
-7 Havocs with 4 melta guns, Infiltrate, Champ with same load out above
-another Havoc squad (7) with same load out
-7 Plague Bearers
-3 Bases of Nurglings (can't leave these behind!)
-Misc. one of the units of Nurgle marines will get a personal Icon for summoning.

This is about 1500 points

The Dreadnought and Predator are in the 1750 list.

EDIT: stupid typos!

Chem-Dog
09-06-2006, 15:43
How about some Plague Zombies? WHFB zombie's will work perfectly well for these guys.