PDA

View Full Version : Painted Chaos Possessed

Covering Fire
09-06-2006, 14:47
Don't know if this has been posted, but here's pics of how the new possessed looks like painted: http://www.figurspel.se/Shop/Index.php?ArtId=43-27

Edit: They can also be seen here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110102095&orignav=10

Hmm, I can't say I like 'em very much...

Storm Hunters
09-06-2006, 14:49
Awfull models, what were they thinking...

x-esiv-4c
09-06-2006, 14:49
eye-sores....Really bad sculpts.

fieryum
09-06-2006, 14:53
these are the worst models GW has released in years

Str10_hurts
09-06-2006, 14:53
Horrid! Get them away, especialy the red haired one!!!

Deadite
09-06-2006, 14:54
gotta be trainer models. They're horrible and completely unnecessary.

x-esiv-4c
09-06-2006, 14:55
Those damn poses....I'd expect this back in 1983 but seriously.

Nazerth
09-06-2006, 14:57
Yeck, those models are hideous (and not in the good way). Why would GW let this happen?

bluebugs
09-06-2006, 14:59
who sculpted that and decided "hey these look really good" ? Back to the drawing board for this guy. if you go to the painting and terrain board there are at least 2 different possed i've seen that i would buy the crap out of it GW made them. Even if they were metal.

synapse
09-06-2006, 15:01
i feel as though i nay be lynched for this but... the sergeant seems quite cool. the rest are... well, not good :)

Fred_Scuttle
09-06-2006, 15:03
The ONLY one with ANY quality to it is Mr. Big Horn Legend rip off. My god - how could the same company who just hit it out of the park with Cities of Death create these things. So so so so poor.

A few new pieces for a mutation sprue was ALL that was needed. 4 new arms, 4 new legs, 8 new heads, 8 misc horns, spikes, etc. thats it. One plastic runner and BAM - instant new variations with the standard Chaos Marine box. So sad - what a chance missed.

Fred

Cheatah
09-06-2006, 15:12
They look better when they're painted but I still don't like them...

Kriegsherr
09-06-2006, 15:17
U-G-L-Y!

really... and they suppose I pay for that? They would have to pay me if they wanted me to get rid of one box of these for them. They would go directly into the trash-bin.

Hum... But enough harsh words from for today. Please mister sculptor: Try harder, and come back when your skills are way above the level they are on now.

Jorath
09-06-2006, 15:28
Ugh, thats awful... apparantly being possesed by Chaos means you stick your tounge out a lot...

Brimstone
09-06-2006, 15:30
Thanks for the links but they have been posted & discussed before. I'm going to move this thread to 40K general.

Gearux
09-06-2006, 15:33
these are obviously one of GW models that little kids see and go "oh these guys are realy grosss im gonna buy 5 sets and then never build them".:rolleyes:

Venkh
09-06-2006, 15:36
Hard to understand what they were thinking with these.

Complete and utter rubbish, with no redeeming features whatsoever on any level. I can only assume that they were rushed out by some amateur sculptor to meet a deadline.

Having said that there are a few "veterans" who produce work of a similar quality. Not mentioning any names...

Madfool2
09-06-2006, 15:40
They must be ugly, my web browser does not want me to see them.

Chem-Dog
09-06-2006, 15:49
A few new pieces for a mutation sprue was ALL that was needed. 4 new arms, 4 new legs, 8 new heads, 8 misc horns, spikes, etc. thats it. One plastic runner and BAM - instant new variations with the standard Chaos Marine box. So sad - what a chance missed.

Fred

I'm there with you on this one, but I suspect the cool stuff like an extended mutation sets are being reserved for the next big Chaos release, not anywhere in the near future that we know of, but this definitely looks like a filler unit.

||-MARKO-||
09-06-2006, 16:33
sorry to be a spoilsport, but this has been posted a few weeks ago by me at - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=703022&posted=1#post703022

anyway, continue

damz451
09-06-2006, 17:02
sweet, i think they look great, how much do they cost in 's?

Rabid Bunny 666
09-06-2006, 17:08
Ouch, they do look bad, still like the sergeant dude though

Maleficum
09-06-2006, 19:34

So true!! We even have lot's of (plastic) conversion-oppourtunities as it is. My berzerker-possessed is made with Fantasy-beastmen parts. (Still not painted, though). In addition to fantastyparts and tyranidparts we even have the chaos mutation sprue. Why do they waste recources like that??!??

buried_alive
09-06-2006, 22:09
its hard to say but they look worse painted than they did on the preview pics.

Why GW why?

SepulchreKnight
09-06-2006, 22:19
More static unnatural poses and limited use crap for your army.

xibo
09-06-2006, 23:46
Why did you have to post links to that images. Those models will make me have nightmares. What is that guy who made them thinking? Is he even thinking?
I'd vote for them, for the most ugly model.

Hawkmoon
10-06-2006, 02:29
UG! And here I thought the limited edition CSM that was in the army box was the ugliest GW model I'd ever seen in my life.
It's insulting that they think we would even consider buying this garbage!:mad:

Mikari
10-06-2006, 02:30
I like them as parts in my bit box. Theres quite a few parts I can see being really useful for converting. But as minis on their own they're trash.

They make me think Necromunda not 40k chaos.

Wraithbored
10-06-2006, 02:33
The only reason people will buy these is so that they'll disappear from stores and never be seen again.

Da Reddaneks
10-06-2006, 04:39
well, they are better than the 2nd edition grots!!!! they have that going for them!

Warboss Grimmtoof
10-06-2006, 05:19
Please put me out of my misery. They look like someone took a human model, spewed glue all over them, and mixed them in a bitz box compiled of dark eldar, 2nd edition chaos, and blobs of GS.

PS - First one to buy a box and not burn it as an effigy will be beaten.

Kaoslord
10-06-2006, 06:14
Those are some of the worst models I've ever seen.

From the Blurry photo's from games day, I was warned to set my expectations at rock bottom, but I'm gonna have to start to dig...

What a wasted oppotunity. I hope I never see those painted to more than a 6 year old standard again, because they don't deserve it.

EDIT: Someone's come up to me and whispered the word Nagash..... Suddenly I have cold sweats and these ones don't seem quite so bad..... Of course even the horrible memory of Bobo the Clown can't quite bring these things up to an acceptable level...

||-MARKO-||
10-06-2006, 19:22
and i thought i was ugly...

Tonberry
10-06-2006, 20:36
I pity the person who sculpted these. The only salvagable model appears to be the sergent, the rest can go in the microwave.

xibo
10-06-2006, 22:11
i'm just starting to recognize what melt charges are for

Cromenon
10-06-2006, 22:26
ole, ole, ole!!! flamenco pose rules!!!

OMFG, when did these GW guys mistake "dinamic" with "sevillanas"???

Despoiler
11-06-2006, 00:47
these models look horrid (which is a bad thing in this case).

come on GW anyone with a bitz box, basic green stuff knowledge and a little imagination could come up with something better than this.

Lastie
11-06-2006, 11:06
They looked absolutely terrible when in raw pewter form. Painted, they look only completely terrible. It seems not even the famed 'Eavy Metal team can make these models look decent.

Still, most people who play Chaos could probably convert their own Possessed (which, even if you're blind with no limbs, could probably still look better) anyway, so there's no pressure to buy any of these models to fill in a needed Elite slot.

Str10_hurts
11-06-2006, 11:32
Could it be true? Are these models worse that captain Cortez. :eek:

ArtificerArmour
11-06-2006, 12:07
Could it be true? Are these models worse that captain Cortez. :eek:

I sence a conversion for a new possessed champion...:p

Typheron
11-06-2006, 12:18
looking at them my first instinct is to cut a few of them in half to make conversions out of them, since the bits with armour look ok in places, but on the whole i agree with the sentiments here.

Warp Lash
11-06-2006, 14:28
Well Im going to be the outspoken one and say.I like them
Yes the hands suck but a few daemontte claws and they will look very nice
Oh and Im 26 so Im not one of the kids mentioned earlier

Lyinar
11-06-2006, 14:30
They look like some bad attempt at a themed heavy metal band... And I realize the champion's loin-cloth is made from the skin of someone's head, but it looks like he has a smiley face over his crotch! That's just WRONG!

Overlord Krycis
11-06-2006, 14:45
AAAAARGH!!!! My eyes!!!!

Lastie
11-06-2006, 16:51
AAAAARGH!!!! My eyes!!!!

Do you think that's a valid case for a lawsuit? Imagine the papers next morning: "Gamer sues games company after ugly models result in gouging of eyes". :P

zachthewach
11-06-2006, 17:32
they might be 0k if you changed the arms and heads on some of them (particularly the one with the red hair) but it is really a waste of time it would be easier just to use beastmen,nid and possesed parts on regualar marines
i think GW will recall them just because so many ppl are complaining about them

luna wolf
11-06-2006, 18:44
gw have been making some realy lovely models since the begining of the year but these have blown the whole dreamy effect on me and the person who sculped them should be ashamed.

kirktheorc
11-06-2006, 21:41
I think they look OK...

Some of the poses look kind of bad, (the blue guy in the back looks like he just needs a hug) but they look Chaotic. Sometimes Chaos isn't about being covered in spikes. Sometimes it's about looking like a lunatic or having a rather odd mutation. I think they definitely could have captured that feeling WAY better, but these aren't that bad. The Champion looks pretty cool, and the two models to his right look pretty good as well. All in all I'm disappointed in GW. Mostly because they've done so many cool models in the last while these should have been better.

ekister101
11-06-2006, 23:40
Explain to me why they got rid of the mutations in a bag that was like $10 US and they give us that c#*p!!!

Luckily I got two bags of mutations and made enough possessed to last me. I got 2 full 10 man squads with 2 sgts to boot and they look great. My only addition was the metal WHF spawn blister.

THANK GOODNESS!!!

Ekister

Mercurious
12-06-2006, 00:03
What did we do to deserve this?

They appear to be realated to the lessr known psycotic chaos clown chapter but i fear that they are to bad to even be ridicued in such a manner.....

What a shame.......

SAMAS
14-06-2006, 15:44
Gah! Too many 2nd-Edition poses! Who the hell greenlighted this?

Overlord Krycis
14-06-2006, 15:52
Do you think that's a valid case for a lawsuit? Imagine the papers next morning: "Gamer sues games company after ugly models result in gouging of eyes". :P

Hmmm...lawsuit...I think I shall look into this....what do you think is the going rate for eye gouging due to horrid models...?
I'm guessing somewhere in the region of 50'000...:D

krio
14-06-2006, 16:02
FIrstly I want plastics, secondly I can sculpt better than that and thats sayins something

hood_oz
14-06-2006, 23:54
FIrstly I want plastics, secondly I can sculpt better than that and thats sayins something

Well, as a thousand sons player, the possessed are one of the few units I can actually choose to take. And honestly, these minis just don't look like they can cut it as a feature in an army. I held off my opinion before the painted versions came out, as the painted versions give you a better idea of what they will look like. But this... Sorry GW. I will stick with buying a box of plastics and converting my own with tzeentch demon parts.

Dropping the mutation sprue for this, sorry, not a good move.

I can sculpt to a similar level to them, and I wouldn't be happy with them if I did them!

Fingers crossed the WHF chaos stuff will come with a nice new plastic mutation sprue... But I am not holding my breath.

Lastie
15-06-2006, 00:20
Hmmm...lawsuit...I think I shall look into this....what do you think is the going rate for eye gouging due to horrid models...?
I'm guessing somewhere in the region of 50'000...:D

Definitely. And don't forget 'Mental Trauma' caused by their sheer ugliness. Someone's got to pay for all the therapy you're gonna need. :evilgrin:

Chem-Dog
15-06-2006, 03:02
Probably qualifies as Cruel and Unusual.

Games Company breaches Geneva Convention CEO charged with War(game) Crimes!

Ironhand
15-06-2006, 03:21
These are very ugly indeed, worse that the Vostroyans.

ExquisiteEvil
15-06-2006, 03:26
I can see the new GW poll now...

Will you be buying the wonderful new chaos possessed models?

a/ YES - I will buy them for my Chaos army because the models rock! They are some of the best models ever and have great rules too!

b/YES - I will buy them because the models rock, even though i dont have a chaos army - although now I might as they are some of the best models ever and have great rules too!

c/NO - I dont play 40k, but if I did Id definatley buy them! They rock and are some of the best models ever and have great rules too!

scarvet
15-06-2006, 04:31
Future WD:This mouth we will look how the studio made those fantastic Chaos possesed! They are going back to the original! And they are cheap metal models!

Lyinar
16-06-2006, 20:49
I just found out what the pose for the red-haired screaming one is...

He's doing the Safety Dance!

Smoking Frog
17-06-2006, 00:39
These are very ugly indeed, worse that the Vostroyans.

I thought the Vostroyans were brilliant.

The possessed on the other hand.... :wtf: What were they thinking :confused:

UnRiggable
17-06-2006, 02:51
He's doing the Safety Dance!

Ah, the safety dance...
Whats a vostroyan?

stahly
20-06-2006, 10:36
Got my WD today and they were done by Gary Morley.
Do I need to say more? :rolleyes:

Bob Hunk
20-06-2006, 11:34
The funny thing is that I've often heard other Chaos players (I'm a Chaos player myself, on and off) say something to this effect:

"The old metal models were better than these plastic ones we have now! You used to get so many different poses, all with their own individual character - nothing like the way everyone has the same models made from the same few plastic sprues! We miss the good old days!"

Now we have metal Chaos models with different poses:

"Booo! Their poses are old fashioned! Where are our plastic mutation sprues?"

Heh heh, I love the internet. ;)

Seriously though, I agree that they're not the best thing ever, but I wouldn't say they were beyond salvaging, except perhaps for the red-head. For the rest of them, a repositioned arm or head swap or a different weapon here or there might make them ok. I'd never use them myself, not Nurgle-y enough! :D Of course, if we have to convert them to make them usable, then that does take the point away from the 'use straight out of the box' objective of metal models.

Conclusion: Careful what you wish for! ;)

The pestilent 1
20-06-2006, 12:40
They arent that bad actually..
Some very nice bits for conversion, lose the crappy positioning of the arms on some of them (easily done with a hacksaw / Bit of bending) lose the craptacular bolter on the Champion and your away.

Tymell
21-06-2006, 07:00
I'll agree with everyone here, they're pretty damned nasty. Actually, the squad leader isn't TOO bad, it's just the rest. The only appealing point is the paint job, which in itself is good (I pity the poor painters though: being made to sit around staring hard at those models for hours...*shudder*)

Very static, convoluted poses, they're just too silly. They honestly look like models from the 80s, and judging by this forum at least, GW will pay for such poor things (i.e. who the heck's gonna buy any?).

It's not like we haven't got better already: when the plastic possessed sprue came out I thought it was an absolute boon, and still do: a wonderful, flexible piece of kit. Plus, as someone else said, there are plenty of other things to use: any other chaos bitz, Orks, Tyranids, Beastmen, Skaven, lots. We need badly sculpted metal models why?

Buddha777
21-06-2006, 07:21
They just look...Lame is the best word I can come up with. I mean, the guy in the back with the star fish arms is like a retarded aquaman. The red head bleow him is too horible to comment on, and the sergeant, well he's very disporportionate (wonder why one arm is bigger? Cult of slaanesh perhaps?). I mean some of GW's sculpts like the new chaos termie lord or the chaplain with jump pack are top notch but this... well I don't have a description that isn't a four letter word. I guess what irks me the most is that there isn't anything, well possessed about them. I guess they look something chaosy, but other than a tentacle and a bad hairdo what makes a player tell they are possessed and empowed by a demon?

EDIT: For anyone who read Dead Sky Black Sun, the possessed bodygard was more how I envisioned such a unit. Not a Gwar concert.

geoffkemp
21-06-2006, 08:54
Ill think I`l stick to my classic obilerator model based conversion. Sorry GW, you dropped the ball on this one.

kortholaxthedamned
27-06-2006, 19:25
is anyone here familiar with the Burnt Face Man cartoon?
www.burntfaceman.com
episode 3. who else thinks that the one on the bottom left is...Anger Man!

moschino_man
27-06-2006, 22:30
just like the rest of you.....theyre awful. I would rather convert from fantasy bits like zombies and skeletons

Torgaddon
27-06-2006, 22:46
Great possessed for Khorne are the Wulfen 13th Company. Far more character and quality of sculpt and only need to be tinkered with to get them looking a little more evil.... moo hargh hargh ha !!!!

Voltaire
27-06-2006, 22:51
These models echo 1990, and really need to be taken out and stamped on. Better possessed have and will continue to be made by people doing conversions. My Possessed with Necron Flayed One talons outclass this stuff completely.

The Purple Ninja
29-06-2006, 03:54
It's quite obvious, really.

The Cities of Death kits were so impossibly awesome that GW had to quickly make a kit so impossibly awful as to balance them out and prevent the universe from imploding.

The Champion looks like he was zoned out and then waved to a friend he just noticed off in the distance ["...Oh... hey Dave..."], the three normal ones are utter crap, and The-one-we-don't-speak-of is just indescribably awful, other than to say that every time I look at it, I laugh*.

*= Though know that i'm crying on the inside.

Smoking Frog
29-06-2006, 04:11
The Possessed are the only models that I truly don't understand, since they remind me of 2nd edition Genestealers. That's not a good thing I don't think.

It is true though that every other model released for CoD are awesome (the Chaos Lord isn't amazing, but he got the job done for me).

Speaking of which, who did these minis?

cailus
29-06-2006, 05:24
I just had another look at them on http://oz.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.oz?do=Individual&code=99110102095&orignav=10 just to confirm that they are some of the ugliest models ever released by GW.

They are on par with Captain Cortez.

They are butt ugly, generally have stupid poses, and for some reason 4 out of 5 models have their tongues out? :wtf:

The champion is the only OK thing about them - not the greatest model but not ***** as sin either.

How these things passed any sort of quality control is beyond me.

The Purple Ninja
29-06-2006, 05:41
Quality control? GW? You kid yourself.

One minute you get ******* awesome, the next, you get wtfbbq?

Clearly, there is no control.

Unless my previous theory is correct.

muskrat
29-06-2006, 06:20
holy damn.

I've salvaged a lot of crappy models...parts wise or used them as bases for conversions that completely change them...but I find absolutely no use for these! Are those genestealer claws just pasted on?

It's not about ugliness really, just the lack of creativity! I have a solution though- anyone who wants these, please just buy me a box of chaos marines, a tyranid sprue, an ork sprue, maybe a saurus sprue and a tube of green putty. I gaurantee you better looking possessed.

Note- the last part was a joke, of sorts. I will fully accept the above should you wish to buy them, and will make the models, but I am not expecting anyone to do so. I call claims on any leftover bits (there wouldn't be many, actually)

The Champion looks like he was zoned out and then waved to a friend he just noticed off in the distance ["...Oh... hey Dave..."],

rofl...

adreal
29-06-2006, 07:34
hmmm...the skin codpeice thing is smileing......maybe these are slaanesh possessed

foresttim
29-06-2006, 07:57
Does anyone else think the red head looks like that lunatic Toy from small soldiers?And the Champ is clearly modelled on the Prodigy's lead singer. What a wealth of diverse cultural influences!

Havoc
29-06-2006, 10:27
These are just terrible, everything about them screams I am a 'noob sculpter' Is it me or there legs extermly thin? I've noticed this in a lot of new marin models that there legs are getting thinner or they have a piece of archment or robe between them.

boogle
29-06-2006, 10:59
can't believe they are trying to sell them as packs of 2 also, the main thing with these models is the fact that the unarmoured parts of the Marines look poorly sculpted and out of scale, that is why the 'Legendesque' one with the Chainswrd is the best fo a bas bunch as he doesn't have that much exposed flesh, and that which is visible, doesn't impact too much oon the model itself

RampagingRavener
29-06-2006, 11:02
Some of them are kinda salvagable...the Squad Leader would be half decent if you get rid of his right arm(s) for another mutated limb of some kind, the one to his right might work if you swapped out his head and chainaxe...but the other three are beyond saving, definatly. But those two might be worth ordering if you like converting for a special project.

But all in all it's a pretty poor showing. Why, oh why could they not have just given us a CSM box with an extra mutation sprue and new "possessed" sprue of various other bits abd peices? That would have worked really well!

boogle
29-06-2006, 11:05
the way i see it, the Mutation sprue is all you need, you don't even need an extra 'possession' sprue, BTW, doe the CSM box still come with a Mutation sprue?

zachthewach
06-07-2006, 19:10
ya it still comes with one i wish they would replace the head with its toung out though its a bit cheesy.....id like to see add ons to it though and preferrably before I mae my one squad of possed for my IW

sephiroth87
06-07-2006, 21:03
Most people didn't take Chaos Possessed before because the rules weren't good. Things haven't changed. If Possessed were really cost effective, a lot of people wouldn't mind having them, even though the models aren't appealing.

I agree with an earlier poster that they're similar to 2nd edition genestealers, and not particularly pretty or inspiring.

But they're not the worst models that GW has put out.

And from what I've read, most people are griping about the lack of options with the possessed, rather than the actual models.

You've had the unit for years. You know they're easy to convert. Go convert some.

Covering Fire
06-07-2006, 21:18
So...Gary Morley is the man behind these abominations! I should have known. So much for the theory about the new possessed being the work of a trainee sculptor then. Well, didn't Morley sculpt the infamous "Striking Bunnies" too? And we all know how they turned out...

onnotangu
06-07-2006, 21:52
Explain to me why they got rid of the mutations in a bag that was like $10 US and they give us that c#*p!!!

Luckily I got two bags of mutations and made enough possessed to last me. I got 2 full 10 man squads with 2 sgts to boot and they look great. My only addition was the metal WHF spawn blister.

THANK GOODNESS!!!

Ekister
btw what sprues did those bags consist of? i wanted to bitz order a few for some conversions.

RampagingRavener
06-07-2006, 21:57
Wasn't it one Ork sprue, one Zombie Sprue, one Catachan sprue, and one Mutation sprue? Might want to throw in a Beastman sprue as well for good luck.

hellfire
06-07-2006, 22:20
the sarges ok but the rest are terrible they look like chaos marines with genestealer arms and crappy poses

TheWarSmith
06-07-2006, 22:24
The big question to me is: "Why did anybody feel the need to create these sculpts?"

Perfectly viable possessed CSM already exist in non metal.