PDA

View Full Version : Hellhound kit

xibo
11-06-2006, 10:28
Um... don't know where to post, but this seems to me as the least wrong.
Yesterday i bought myself an hellhound box (at the local gw) and began assembling it. Once the (chimera) hull was done, i wanted to put it track guards on, when i noticed the sprue with the track guards isn't in the box. This page (http://de.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.de?do=Individual&code=99140105055&orignav=10) (the british onlineshop doesn't show the sprues) sais the tank accesoires sprue would be shipped in the kit. Is that page wrong or did i buy an incomplete kit? In case of the second, should i complain at the store i bought it or is the guaranty void because i opened the box?
Thanks in advance

cookiescrumble
11-06-2006, 10:31
Take it back to the store you bought it, they are usually very good at sorting mistakes.

Grimtuff
11-06-2006, 11:28
What did the box art look like?

For all we know you may have picked up one of the older kit without the current accessory sprue inside, this kit has been around since about 1997 IIRC.

xibo
11-06-2006, 12:02
That's been my first thought. However, on the backside of the box there is writen '(c) Games Workshop Ltd. 2004'. The artwork shows an hellhound(who'd have thought) running some chaos marines down, while in the background some mars-schemed sentinels, on the right guardsmen and a commisar, and on the left side a prehistoric edition sentinel and another hellhound advance.

Warboss Grimmtoof
11-06-2006, 12:15
Yeah, they gave you an incomplete box. But they should take it back, they are usually very good about that.

Steel Fist
11-06-2006, 18:14
Did it say M? Hellound on the box or just Hellhound?

I bought a hellhound from the GW store in Hammersmith last month, when I got it home i realised it didn't have the new accesory spru either, but it did come with the old one.

I then realised it was old stock as it wasn;t the new box art, Im not sure if they will swap it in cases like this, but to be honest i was rather pleased to get my hands on the old one without having to mail order it.

Chem-Dog
11-06-2006, 19:25
I got the old style Sprue too, which is cool.

xibo
14-06-2006, 16:25
ok, I went to the GW shop and they told me both the homepage and the collectors guide are errorous, and they are going to fix it. The hellhound model never had a new tank equipment sprue, and won't get it.
However I was told I could mailorder it for free because it's been GWs fault.

Storm Hunters
14-06-2006, 16:40
wow, GW gave you somthing for free, what has the world come to. (actuly i once got 3 free WDs because one went missing and never showed up)

UnRiggable
14-06-2006, 17:03
I should have known better than to throw out that callidus assassin blister...
by the way storm hunters, cool avatar

KayvaanShrike
14-06-2006, 17:24
Why does the Hellhound not come with the upgrade sprue then? Seems a bit odd, since they can take vehicle upgrades like any other tank, can't they? Seems a bit odd, thats all.

xibo
14-06-2006, 17:46
all guard vehicles may take vehicle upgrades, is what the codex sais

ShadowHawk
14-06-2006, 17:59
it usually has the old sprue of upgrades, it's just the box was never updated when the new sprue came out so all the hellhounds come with the old upgrade sprue