PDA

View Full Version : Armies Personality

Death Cat
11-06-2006, 13:13
I was told yesterday by a close friend that my guard are as stubborn as i am and this got me thinking, i noticed that a number of my victories come down to the pure stubborness of my men (yes i know this sound like a strange random tangent).

But my question to the masses is do you think your army has a certain amount of your personality in it?

Grimtuff
11-06-2006, 13:20
Yup, loads of my units seemed to have gained a mind of their own.

Best example seems to be my Wolf Lord, he either pulls his finger out and does spectacular or it appears he only got the job as he was the only one to turn up to the interview!

Take yesterday for example, he now has the moniker of "Glassjaw" due to him fudging up his attacks on a Shas'O, getting kicked in the nuts and rolling a double 6 for his morale check, he ran off faster than a Gazelle on steriods.

Also my Tau, who for some reason are surprisingly competent in HTH, i'm not sure what the Ethereals are feeding them, but it works. :)

warboss48
11-06-2006, 16:45
yeah my ork warboss. he seems unable to hit or wound anything in close combat. i might try and model a feather as his weapon instead of a choppa. maybe then he'll do more damage!

Wraithbored
11-06-2006, 17:44
My Dark Reaper Exarch Ama'e also know as "Dead eye" or "Ah maeight miss that!" because with his fast shot skills he ALWAYS without fail misses 1 of his shots!!

Hicks
11-06-2006, 18:00
My units seem to follow certain patterns too.

-My tanks almost never manage to kill more than 100 pts a game.

-My Grey Knights are always get destroyed in one turn, be it by a lucky shot or in close combat.

-My lasguns AND heavy weapons can't hit the broad side of a landraider.

-I suffer more casualties because of my plasma weaponry than my ennemies.

-Sentinels are always destroyed by the first thing to hit them (damn you lone gun drone!!!)

But on the bright side...

-My chimeras always perform well.

-Stormtroopers are never totally annihilated.

-My tanks survive long enough to draw fire away from the Steel Legionaires.

-My GK Grand Master and his retinue just obliterate anything they come accross (usually the only ones capable of alting the enemy's HQ).

paddyalexander
11-06-2006, 18:08
In my daemon hunters I had an imperial storm trooper armed with a plasma gun who fried himself with the first shot in every game he's played in.

Cromenon
11-06-2006, 18:14
in my army, my "melee" traitors do very well in CC, they even obliterated an entire blood claws squad (10) which had assaulted them!! on the other side, my lascannons almost never manage to hit important targets (tanks, etc) but they do hit if they shoot cadians, for example...

and also, my tzeentchian psykers always do well, they can kill almost what they want ^^

many friends say me that the two basic foundations of my army are CC and psychic powers.... and these two things are the ones that i most like on wh40k

Rabid Bunny 666
11-06-2006, 20:21
My 13th Company either inflict a massacre, or are massacred, or do a Rambo on the enemy, with a handful of survivors butchering there way through the enemy.

My wolflord normally gets his share of the enemy's CC hitters, but heroically holds up the enemy long enough for the lads to finish the job off, and on his final wound, he normally leads the charge that breaks the enemy!

edit: and my bikers hit hard, or don't hit at all.

Subtext
11-06-2006, 21:16
My CC-Scouts rock against big nastys. The powerfisted sergeant beats the crap out of DP's and Avatars, steals their lunchmoney and sends them home crying. But against everything else they get brutally slaughtered.

My Lascannons can't hit a thunderhawk while being transported in it. But my Plasmacannons do really well and I have lost only one gunner to overheating yet.

And the last time I used Terminators, they died to Lasguns. And I'm not talking about hundreds of shots. It was just a single squad of guardsmen with a Plasmagun and my termies just shrugged of the plasma shots, but the lasgun shots killed 4 of them.

cav da man
11-06-2006, 21:31
My CC-Scouts rock against big nastys. The powerfisted sergeant beats the crap out of DP's and Avatars, steals their lunchmoney and sends them home crying. But against everything else they get brutally slaughtered.

My Lascannons can't hit a thunderhawk while being transported in it. But my Plasmacannons do really well and I have lost only one gunner to overheating yet.

And the last time I used Terminators, they died to Lasguns. And I'm not talking about hundreds of shots. It was just a single squad of guardsmen with a Plasmagun and my termies just shrugged of the plasma shots, but the lasgun shots killed 4 of them.
what a way to go:D , "who set that bomb off in my face:p you losers *attacked and killed then by angry midget with a spoon*" Thats how i see those valient men dying. They were blinded and then happy slapped to death by angry guardsmen :cries: o the humanity!

damz451
11-06-2006, 21:37
for some reason my land raider will not die!, one match was against an eldar brightland army of doom with a crap load of vypers with bright lances and falcons. well my land raider was imobilised, had all its weapons blown off (even the pintle mounted bolter!) and it would just not die, it survived 6 turns of foccused firepower and simply became a peice of terrain.

Thankfully it attracted so much firepower than my terminators blew apart all his units and won the game, the guy wasnt too happy as his whole army disapeared and he paid little attention to it as he focussed on the single raider.

Also my convereted rt dread seems to get crippled but never dies, getting its ass cannon blown off, then his power fist and after that all that happens is crew shaken results.

killercosmo
11-06-2006, 21:51
cool... berhabliblah!

unclejimbo827
12-06-2006, 02:25
My Colonel's name was originally...damn, I don't even remember anymore... but anyway, we call him Col. Sanders because he's such a damn chicken. He gets capped by the commissar every game for running away.

the_yuk
12-06-2006, 02:38
I one had a lone vetran sgt. in my cathan army, he never ran away an always made a good account of himself. Some how mangeing to slaughter a Terminator librarian in HtH.

tuebor
12-06-2006, 04:49
For some reason my Guardsmen never kill anything with shooting, but have dragged down many a Marine and clubbed him to death with lasgun butts.

Toppan
12-06-2006, 05:03
my warboss is the physical incarnation of me. i charge ahead without thinking, he does that too. i do things incredibly impossible for sheer enjoyment, and he does too. i like piggies...he likes...robot piggies.
hes managed to destroy...pretty much anything in his way. landraider, dread, a predator, leman russ, all blew to smithereens.
my wyrdboy...his names murfee after murphy's law, because i think he has only a kill count of 2 or 3 models. he has never suffered a eadbang, but when he does it will probably be str 12+. my madboys either do nothing, or are heroes, or go insane and piddle amongst themselves the whole game, and my huntas can flatline an entire squad of sluggas in a single turn. dayum.

Lord of ???
12-06-2006, 05:15
My unit is my rhino

it always lives to see another day

it may be completely in pieces and not moving anywhere but it isn't dead

The rest of my guys either don't let up on the trigger or never fire a shot and go charging into combat

Serpent
12-06-2006, 07:47
I have several armies, and I think my mindset is mirrored in all of them.

13th Company - I've always had a sore spot for tragic heroes. Anything which costs a lot, and is always the underdog (modelwise and gamingwise) will be a love for me. My Wolf Lord is named after an old RPG character I had, and have taken up this character's success/failure rating. Either total annihilation of the hardest of opponents, or getting beaten into unconsciousness by Grots... Him and his Biker buddies once took on a whole Tau battleline and came out without a scratch, with the Tau all dead.

Jamaican IG - there's something about loads of little men, all either working perfectly in unison or bot working at all. And I lov rolling huge amounts of dice, hence my Exterminator...

Night Lords - I went for something more evil in my personality. I want to scare and explore darkness with this army. Unfortunately, it's not doing its job right just yet, but we're getting there. A few more games and I might be able to do it right...

Serpent

Z-chan
15-06-2006, 05:45
When someone else borrows my "evil cursed" Chaos Lord, in the first round of every close combat phase ALL of his attacks come up as ones and twos. Seriously, it's happened all 4 times he's been borrowed. When I was assembling him I accidentally cut off a large part of flesh from my pinky, drenching the model in blood. Its no coincidence he bears the Mark of Khorne... :skull:

UnRiggable
16-06-2006, 18:42
My pirhana (sp?) never kills anything! It serves as a pretty decent distraction, but it never gets around to wounding on a 2+!

Minister
17-06-2006, 00:33
My Sisters have a habbit of victory which I am convinced is due to my spouting of hymnals and slogans at every opportunity. That and an appreciation of how to use flamers and cannon-fodder Zealot mobs.

"Victory is mine, because the Emperor likes my army best."

Dio´Ra
17-06-2006, 16:45
a classic eldar totting star cannon army is easily described:

Their arrogance is matched only by their firepower, back of third edition codex eldar

but i think we have to give away our infamy with firepower now to the tau :cries: , well lets see what we become in the new codex....

UnRiggable
17-06-2006, 22:10
obviously target practice. Eldar is second place for best guns because they have some close combat.

Kahadras
18-06-2006, 15:25
I started calling my Vindicator 'the brick' due to its amazing ability to survive battles (note that its job is to run up and down in front of the enemy screaming 'shoot me with your anti tank stuff!'). Most games it ends up imobilised with no weapons but still on the table :)

Kahadras

Psiweapon
18-06-2006, 15:49
My Hammerhead gets blown to pieces without connecting a single railgun shot.
My Firewarriors mow down some enemies but ultimately get slaughtered most of the times.
My Stealthsuits are either reduced to power armoured mincemeat or drown everything they see in pulse fire.
But one of my two commanders... he always fights to the bitter end and shrugs all laser fire that is targetted at him. Perhaps it's the half-melted human corpse he's crushing under his right foot that gives him confidence :D

Warlord Kyle
19-06-2006, 02:24
my slugga boyz don't die
my raveners get wounded but don't die
never lose more then one genestealer
i always lose 2 of my ork bikes but never the one black one
and both armies always obliterate all terminators and chaplians in my path
:D

UnRiggable
19-06-2006, 03:58
paint the black bike red. also try and put another human beneath his other foot.

Iceheart2112
19-06-2006, 04:42
My Tau will not break. Ever. They could be outnumbered, under half strength, and at leadership 6 before the other modifiers and they still will not break (go Tash'var Sept!).