PDA

View Full Version : harlequin army for medusa, is it worth it?

Shadowseer Crofty
11-06-2006, 13:37
right, i'm intending to get most of my harlies soon (atm i got a squad and a vehicle) and its gonna cost me 105 quid. is it worth it? cos i want my army ready for medusa.

Wraithbored
11-06-2006, 13:43
If the answers to these questions are yes then yes it is worth it, the questions are: Do you like the fluff of the army?, Do you like the miniatures?, Do you like the feel of the army? and LASTLY Do you like the rules of the army?

If you answered yes to the first three or at least one of the 1st three then it is the army for you.

And yes it's a lot of money, but this hobby is a labour of love not getting the most bang for your buck.

Ironhand
11-06-2006, 13:52
From a practical standpoint, with the new Eldar Codex due out soon, I think the anser is "not at this time". I'd wait until the new Codex comes out before investing that much coin, no matter how much you like the army.

Lastie
11-06-2006, 13:58
While Ironhand does have a point, if you like Harlequins that much, then go for it. It's your money, your hobby, and your army. The new Eldar Codex isn't out for a while yet, and as we've no idea if the Harlequin choice is limited or not (at least, I don't) then there's a chance you could merge your existing Harlequin army with a new Eldar army. Another project!

Shadowseer Crofty
11-06-2006, 14:05
If the answers to these questions are yes then yes it is worth it, the questions are: Do you like the fluff of the army?, Do you like the miniatures?, Do you like the feel of the army? and LASTLY Do you like the rules of the army?

If you answered yes to the first three or at least one of the 1st three then it is the army for you.

I dont mean is it the army for me, i know i am definitely collecting harlequins. i was wondering whether it was worth spending 105 quid in one go so i had 1500 points in time for medusa v, meaning i might not be able to afford my golden daemon entry (cash problem, i dont get much). having thought about the matter i came to a descision to make it 1000 points, which reduced the cost to 58 quid (by cegorach those troupers are expensive).

as for the three questions, yes i love the harlies fluff (especially the fluff i wrote for my troupe on black library) yes i like the models, especially my conversion idea of swooping hawks with their guns cut off and replaced by storm guardians pistols and ccws, maybe with head swaps. and yes i like the rules, a mostly combat based army thats not a mass of bugs is great for me.

Shadowseer Crofty
11-06-2006, 14:09
While Ironhand does have a point, if you like Harlequins that much, then go for it. It's your money, your hobby, and your army. The new Eldar Codex isn't out for a while yet, and as we've no idea if the Harlequin choice is limited or not (at least, I don't) then there's a chance you could merge your existing Harlequin army with a new Eldar army. Another project!

yay! merge it with new eldar! or even better, theres a possibility i might be able to use the harlequins inthe new eldar list to get a tourney legal harlequin list.