PDA

View Full Version : Daemons in Kill Teams?

Lyinar
11-06-2006, 14:13
I'm thinking of doing a Lost and the Damned Slaaneshi Kill-Team for 160 point skirmish games against the Ultramarines Kill-Team that I made for my best friend, and I was wondering if I could take a Daemonette for a bit more flavour, and if I could, would she have to be summoned?

Damien 1427
11-06-2006, 14:17
I would say no, as it seems a bit odd to have to do that in skirmish games like you mention, but "officially" you probably will.

glowing in the dark
11-06-2006, 14:18
I belive thats up to your agreement,as there's not stated that you can have daemons anywhere,as much as i remember!But I'd say that they don't have to be summoned.

Chem-Dog
11-06-2006, 19:35
I would argue that they do have to be summoned, put's the pressure on keeping your Icon bearer alive.

Messiah
12-06-2006, 01:08
Also, they are probably a bit cheap in point if they are not summoned..

Gearux
12-06-2006, 02:50
no u cant field them because they have an inv. save. but since there is only one they will probably let you slide

Kaoslord
12-06-2006, 04:48
Kill Team is basically for friendly games, so you could negociate with your opponent as to if it could be allowed or would need to be summoned or what, and what other special rules you would apply..

Perhaps the Daemon isn't the type to keep quiet, and while it's on the table, adds one extra Klaxon Counter?
Or because it's only sustained by the belief of the Kill Team members, it has to roll under the number of surviving members on a D6 every turn or fade away?

It'd be an interesting addition for a Marked Chaos Kill Team, and I'd be all for it.

Lyinar
12-06-2006, 14:44
Actually, there's absolutely nothing in the Kill Team rules about not being able to take anything with an invulnerable save... 2+ save, yes. Invulnerable, no.

Zarast38
12-06-2006, 14:54
Sorry to be a little OT here, but there is some rules for skirmish game in 40K ?? where it can be found ??-- thanks for pointers.

Also, I do not see why a demonnette could unbalance a small game, it could add some nice twist and character to the kill team !... and ensure the team will do it with joy...

Also if its all about a friendly game, loock to you opponents force and see if he could struggle to fight this model, if not than go ahead and enjoy your game !!!

Lyinar
12-06-2006, 14:59
Actually, I'm trying to come up with skirmish rules that would mesh well with Kill Team.

Zarast38
12-06-2006, 15:03
Ho...so a Kill Team game IS NoT a skirmish game ??? I am a bit confused about this (and new to 40K, along with some of my friends) and would be gratefull if you could explain a bit further...maybe it would be more appropirate via PM (I dont want to hijack your thread !)

Lyinar
12-06-2006, 17:49
Not really a hijacking...

Kill-Team is supposed to be played with one small team of 160 points that's still an actual squad and has to maintain unit coherency, etc., versus a set number of small squads of basic infantry (which vary based on what army it is) called Brute Squads, and one character called a Boss.

The Brute Squads move like sentries, in that you roll dice to see which player moves them up until the point where they can see the Kill-Team. There are certain mutable and immutable rules dealing with making a kill-team, such as no models with a 2+ save, everything has to be taken from one squad in whatever codex, etc. Both kinds of rules can be freely broken, but doing so gives extra Brute Squads and more points to be used on wargear for the Boss for each 'offense' (immutable rules give more bonuses to the 'bad guys').

What I'm trying to come up with is one Kill-Team versus another in somewhat Necromunda-esqe small-scale battles wherein each model counts as its own unit, getting hit and failing an armour save isn't necessarily fatal to a 1-wound model, etc.