PDA

View Full Version : valhallan ice warriors and- heavy bolter teams?

Lord General Laumnem
11-06-2006, 20:48
Can you get heavy bolter teams? if not, how about mordian iron guard? if not for both (it doesn't on website, but i was wondering if anyone has collectors guide) are heavy bolters and auto cannons the same amount of points, if not, what is the points difference (my mate has nicked the codex :()

Neknoh
11-06-2006, 20:53
They are not the same ammount of points and your best bet at getting the models would likely be e-bay, also, I'd suggest posting this either in the General 40k discussion or in the P&T discussion.

sigur
12-06-2006, 00:55
As any other IG army, they can get Heavy Bolters, there are also very neat models for them. And an autocannon is 1,5 Heavy Bolters for Infantry/Command Squads and a powerfist's point cost in fire support squads (IIRC).;)

Barbarossa
12-06-2006, 06:30
Both the Iron Guard and the Valhallans have miniatures for Heavy Bolter and Autocannon teams but I guess nowadays you'll only get these per mail order or on ebay. And the autocannon is a bit more expensive than the HB.

sigur
12-06-2006, 08:42
Yes, ebay is the way to go if you want Valhallans or Mordians. By the way, let me congratulate to your descision to use Valhallans Lord General Laumnem. They have much character and surely are a more interesting sight than those rather bland plastic Cadians.

Lord General Laumnem
12-06-2006, 20:14
ah. well... its a choice inbertween- Valhallens (great moddels but must get 1/2 from mail order :() with mordian officers and sergeants, or cadians (lovely and plastic!!!) with mordian officers and sergeants!

BuckFlashback
12-06-2006, 22:58
ah. well... its a choice inbertween- Valhallens (great moddels but must get 1/2 from mail order :() with mordian officers and sergeants, or cadians (lovely and plastic!!!) with mordian officers and sergeants!

If you have the money and won't miss it then go for the Valhallans. Those models are what made me wanna play 40k. If you don't have the funds then go for the Cadians. At least that's what I say.

Lord General Laumnem
14-06-2006, 18:33
well... i've have decided to sell my dwarves, so at the moment i will have some funds, but also i am in the middle of sticking those little plastic WW II models you get onto proper bases- this gives me models enough to play and thopugh it looks cheap, are a nice substitute to the actual models.

They do not sell valhallans on direct sale. It is a choice inbertween: Cadians (i will probably have to resign my self and change it a bit with head swaps), catachans (not really very good as i don't think these guys would have a 5+ armour save) and tallarn (no no no!). after much consideration i ahev decided on - cadians.... yes... i am amashed... and yes.... i am sorry... but i suppose i could make them slightly better with hairy heads :)