PDA

View Full Version : "Remember, we just here for the loot" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Richard
08-03-2014, 03:07
- They crept down the stone stairs as silently as possible, not daring to announce their presence to whatever foul minions lurked in the shadows. The faint glow from
Leoric’s enchanted stone did little to illuminate the gathering dark. Jain slowly notched an arrow, gracefully pulling her bowstring taut as the small silhouette of
Tomble spun his knives behind her.
“He is here somewhere,” Avric whispered, “be prepared.”
“Greetings, brave heroes,” a boisterous voice suddenly announced from the darkness. “You have come so far! ‘Tis a shame your journey ends here...”
As the voice faded to the sound of distant cackling, dozens of monstrous shapes emerged to surround the heroes. The chamber soon rang with the sounds of battle...
(Intro Descent Starter Booklet- I know its not Quest but I like it)

Hey to all who read this, this log contains all that I have tried and failed and due to family commitments have started sold and now restarted again. All posts up to 50 are old and as of now old and don't have anymore. New project hence fourth is from 50 onwards, but please feel free to read my journey up to that point. - Richard

Greetings to all now & to all those who read after, my names Richard and I'm a veteran gws player since the year of the Warhammer Fantasy Starter Kit - Bretonnian's against the Lizardmen. I've been a long time viewer of this forum, and restarted my Quest enjoyment through the great threads I've seen on this board as well my own passion. I was never able to get the game back in the day but play it at my friends. The love stayed with me to this day, where real life has taken over, house, wife, 2 year son and another due soon.

I'm more known for my very thought out ideas and 40k wackey conversions, such as my all deffkopta bike army, My Grot Rebellion Buggies.
or my solo models just coz I had a idea like my Nurgle Libarian in Terminator Armour or my WordBearer truescale model I just had to produce.

My actual hobby modelling started on my Quest project was two weeks ago, so all my work you will see is back logged for now, till the green starts rolling back in. However what I have been doing for the last two years (slowly, bit by bit) like so many before me on this forum is design and created my own cards for quest. The main reason is each time I got my hands on cards from ebay they were either fake or stuck on card with pva glue. I never had much luck, I was a art student back in college so I decided to work on my own cards using images from google, and a close friend (he knows who he is) files to get the actual look as close to the quest feel that I could get & I would be happy with.

My project will be Quest or Quest to how I see it, my quest 3D board I'm going to make will keep the feel of the quest game but will be... little different to all other amazing projects I have seen on this forum. which I'm glad as well in respect. I couldn't really think of what dungeon I wanted to produce. Whatever project I would undertake, would be a themed dungeon at first I was going to do a ice palace with orcs in furs and earmuffs, then a dark forest of beastmen, then a vampire counts castle, sewers of morheim with skaven. Or Savage orcs jungle themed, even Tomb Kings but a lot of these ideas were taken by others or the idea didnt have a strong enough vibe for me and I didn't want to go down the same route.( No point looking at two similar themed dungeons.) Then three things when put together settled the argument, a D&D display board, the last white dwarf armies on parade and the Black Library Book "Skarsnik" really got the balls rolling on this project.

I wanted to do a themed dungeon and the characterful night goblins seem to just click for me. Creepy critters plus trolls and a bunch of night goblins I felt would be a focus approach at least to start with. I was inspired by Eboli's WHQ 3D Egyptian Dungeon and after a small conversation on the hirst art molds I was convinced this is the road for me. I found dungeoncastings a uk hirst arts mold maker which I brought a chunk of cavern bits pre-made from him(easier than making them for me with a little one around and only time to hobby is ten at night). Great customer service if you ever try them out, very helpful. Hope I haven't bored u all, hope you got the jist of what I want to do & going forward I doubt a type this much again in a single post lol.

Richard
08-03-2014, 03:37
I wanted to make it a proper board so I had made 8 boards of 10mm mdf, all board would link up 7 be standard measuring 6 x 6 40mm gws tiles as I wanted the tiles to be that size to play on and then the objective board being 12 x 6. when the parcel arrived it was very well package and the contents was great... well to me anyways. I started to test the placement of the tiles when I found to my puzzlement that the tiles are not 40mm as they intended to be. I could of had the boards recut to the 36mm that they are but I was to anxious and thought I could fix this so It measure that the last tile was 50ish so I used other tiles pieces that i ordered to fill in the gap.
I wanted the whole Quest experience to be personal to me so its been taking me awhile as you only get 8 dice in a tin, I been collecting the mines of moria dice with the dwarf rune which the number 1 is shaped like a B, not only coz the dice look cool but my last name begins with a B so I thought it suited my idea. I also been able to get untouched game critters on ebay more in the post and I be putting touches to my boards with different bits of scenery pieces like these snails I was able to get.

Richard
08-03-2014, 04:25
Ok like I have said I have been messing around with trying to make the cards of Quest since I have had bad luck, getting actual game cards and just to let you know I don't reget it, although it taken me a long time I really enjoy it. I have remade cards from the game as well as my own rule wise for cards I cant find and cards from the app game by rodeo of Warhammer Quest. If they don't make sense i.e my Squig Hopper idea please let me know, their not perfect, I just wanted to have a go. The files are too big apparently and im no wiz at trying to reduce them so I have given links to my photobucket page so you can see them. The Spell, Event and Character Record sheets are all game orginal description rules wise I just tweak the background as I couldn't get originals and added to character sheet as I wanted faith and blessings on the sheet.
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/SquigHopper.png.html?sort=3&o=0 Squig Hopper Monster Card
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Spell.png.html?sort=3&o=1 Fist of Iron Spell Card
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/EventCard.png.html?sort=3&o=2 Falling Block Event Card
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Charactersheet.png.html?sort=3&o=3 Character Record Sheet

Richard
08-03-2014, 06:08
Heres some items I've got along the way from the last three weeks. I didn't know till last week about the terrain basing set had these little gems. I knew it had rocks and the green nercon crystals but I had no idea bout these pieces. Playing the Rodeo Quest game, got me liking the gigantic spider and I thought the lotr spiders would fit nicely I wanted them to look like they just came down from the ceiling on their web, so I got 8 altogether. The gws Night goblin box set which I will be purchasing soon , comes with 20 bodies and 16 sets of bows, spears and swords, seem a waist to let the spare arms go to unused. If I bought two boxes I be in the same boat. So I bought spare bodies and shields off ebay to get the full used out of one box. I did want to use the plastic fanatics, but when these came up on ebay I knew I had to have them and being one piece and fits on one tile I thought would be better for bases alignment.

Shas'El Tael
08-03-2014, 08:51
Loving it, my own goal is to have a cavern for Night Goblins to raid from and get raided in. Really looking forward to seeing your project evolve! :)

- Seb

Modhail
08-03-2014, 12:51
Nice project! I love a terrain project with such a clear theme and focus! (I'm still very undecided about my own terrain's theme, I seem to be stuck in the "I want it all" phase of planning....)

And thank you for bringing that basing kit to my attention, I never realized it had such cool bits!

S_A_T_S
08-03-2014, 13:39
Very cool! Looking forward to seeing how the multi-level aspect comes out.

Richard
08-03-2014, 18:31
Hi thanks for replies Shas'EL Tael,
Modhail- I was in that phase a long time and really had a idea for all even a fimir themed dungeon. and the basing kit I never knew it was so good. Thanks as well to S_A_T_S- I'm hoping it brings a atmospshere to the board of a cavern theme.
I'm gonna raise the actual playing field so no one can knock the terrain, but I found from real pics that stagmite caverns paths are rasied and slope away anyway.

Richard
09-03-2014, 08:17
So this was my first mock up of tiles that I tried and very happy with the result, I just underestimated the amount of walls for one tile. I thought two sets would be enough but for 2.50 a set I'm happy to spend a bit more so when I do my next order I know I got one complete board of tiles. not glued down yet as I'm thinking I might do something different for a straight.. they stack up well, I still wanted that original board feel which is why the slope is on all four sides of the path as the original cardboard tiles has a black rim around the path. if my head idea works when the place all the boards together the terrain would fit together to form a random placement that would effectively work with what ever board is place next to it (At least I hope). mock up of the pieces from the terrain set. and manage to get my Grey Wizard. As I mention before I was going to do a undead dungeon necromancer why I got the skulls but not sure how to use them at the moment. and my hostage. long shot idea but I think I can make it work.

Daemonslave
09-03-2014, 10:43
Looks really good. I'm a bit confused though, is every tile going to be on one of these squares, because if so your dungeon is going to be massive. (Can you walk about the stalactites or only on the raised areas?

Also, and I really hope it's not to late to mention this, but what wood are you using as a base. When I first started making my tiles I tried using thin mdf and floorboard tiles and I found that once glue had been applied they warped a bit - nothing drastic really but enough to look bad when trying to have pieces which are meant to slot together seamlessly (hence why I moved to resin)

They do look good though, I can't wait to see them with a bit of paint on!

Richard
09-03-2014, 20:49
Hi all,

Daemonslave thanks for your thoughts, but you need not worry although thank you for your concern. At the hobby shop I go to, I measured the table for which they use in the shop and there's a clear - elbow to wrist - space between the board and table edge all the way round 3 x 3 of my boards. the games be playing will not have more than 7 cards before the objective room, so it gives more quests and game time to play as the hobby shop is very propular down Swansea. As for walking it is going to be on the raise areas but open to ideas of some sort of house rule about being pushed off the path and using the rule lost in the dark just like the game rules of not being on the same board as the lantern.

The Wood am using is 10mm thick mdf I saw 8 and 6 but wanted a solid base so I went for ten am using no nails to glue them together as glue does not work believe me I've tried. Also as for pieces to slot up together of the same size I move the actually path off the edge of the board so there's a little bit of gap between the paths when they meet up, very small but when painted these small lines will be purely painted black to represent the edge of the unknown next tile, so its the door in game but is the shadow on my board before the lantern is moved onto the next by the party.

I'm worried about the painting as I'm bad at well painting lol in general but at matching up tones. thinking of painting it in one big bash for the colours all match up. but if I get bored or spare money I will tackle the boards before I do the models. again its to find a place to paint as I know my wife will be worried bout me painting (reason why is because she has seen me at painting our house lol.

Richard
09-03-2014, 21:46
So I decided to hold off with the straight for now as I got one or two different ideas. so I went for the corner instead. Everything you see besides the plastic is now glued down. I broke some of the smaller pieces off to make different levels which you can clearly so in pic 4 and pic 7 where I used it to make a higher level for the terrain. when I order the next batch I will also order another wall set as well to finish off this one.

peterjameslewis711
09-03-2014, 23:31
Looking great mate, really come along leaps and bounds since i last saw the tiles in person. Ill happily help you with the painting side if needed mind.

Daxio
10-03-2014, 16:48
Smashing, I like the look of your boards, very different. The built up surround will give them a real feel of "cave-ness". Look forward to seeing them painted. :)

Richard
10-03-2014, 21:58
Hi all
thanks Daxio and I know you help with the painting peterjameslewis711, I'm gonna need someone to help me keep on track when the time comes lol. Some more up close clips of the terrain I be starting the River Trolls tonight let you know how I get on. Has anyone had a look at the cards I done? any comments?

Richard
12-03-2014, 04:17
Well I started my river trolls and I never knew the legs were so awkward to put together. I wanted the trolls to be squat on each base but that wasn't meant to be. I cut away the straps as I wanted them to look as wild and natural as possible, so here are two of three bodies so far.

Richard
15-03-2014, 00:49
I have to admit I really like the river trolls, even if their pain to put together. I really like the nature of my last one, mainly because it was design like that, hunch over its freshly caught fish.

Also this is the first of my stone trolls I be using, again I wanted three different stances and this iconic troll from skull pass will suit nicely. just a little work on the dwarf statue, good job its plastic. The other two are mail order only, so they will have to wait. I already decided that I wanted a room called the Spider's Lair seems only rite to decorate it as such lol.

Richard
15-03-2014, 00:58
And here are the finish pics along with the only two heroes to got to my name so far. A Dwarf Miner and a Grey Wizard.
Really taken the first one, why I wanted them in anyway, the other two are good arms are going to be a pain squaring them up to other monster bases.

Richard
26-03-2014, 02:41
Hi all not much has happen but some small impulse buys, my time and money is being put to these two. This project will be slow for awhile as my darling wife is due soon but the game and project we still be here when I get back to it.

Anyway I manage to pick up some spiders from the Big Spider Box set in the orcs and goblins range to further complete my Spiders Lair, I also manage to grab the skull pass Goblins Archers and a box of normal ones. I will be doing a campaign once it is up and running so I manage to grab a box of mighty empires as well. Making a different aspect to the game. and I got my second cave troll with club. along with a pic of my first in my dungeon.

Eboli
26-03-2014, 21:59
Hey there Richard, it looks like you have got off to a great start. Humbled to read that you mentioned my 3D dungeon as encouragement. Lessons I have learnt is that you really need to set some goals and deadlines for your project. I have not and it has been over 2 years since I started and have yet to finish. Still have about another 5 pieces to go before I feel I can have a good variety and then there is the painting of the mass amount of themed figures I have...

SET GOALS!!! :) ;)

Keep up the great effort and this reminds me that I should get back to my project - winter is coming here so I have no excuse.

Cheers!
Eboli.

Richard
27-03-2014, 22:59
hi all, wow Eboli 2 years I cant believe its been that long, but I bet you lv every minute of it, something to call yours. goals, goals well I can tell you all now
- painting will be the last thing as I like modelling more
Whats left for me to buy before I can say I'm happy
-More tiles lol
- 25 mm scale rowing boat
- 6 squig Hoppers
- 6 squigs
- Battleforge's dead halflings and mushrooms
- dreadfleet scenery
- Night goblin shaman and boss
One Cave troll
and Heroes mainly from the avatars of war and certain gws models.

I would say although its not a big list to me its a expensive list so time, save and save again bit by bit and build as I go along.

Richard
19-04-2014, 19:50
Hi all just a small update with 6 weeks to go very little modelling wise been done but getting my list of what I want is getting smaller by the day.
What little progress I have done is on my 3D map for the Story quest to take place using mighty empires. Now using the Stagimites from the underworld terrain box I made the mountains to be little bit more higher to get the height I wanted, I be burning most of the sections mainly to connect river sections I didn't have and to create the sea it wont be brilliant but it be to my liking. just wish there was more mountains in the boxset 6 tiles is really nothing to what I would of liked.
Dixon Miniatures have an excellent range of old fashion models and the pirate section these rowing boats were ideal and price was good too. Battle forge I got my Dead halflings from but I had to laugh I didn't realise the gws Halfling I had was quite so small compared to their company. Not worried but a surprise none the less.
I saw hobbit 2 and loved it, I saw the bear model and I had to have it but im going to have fun trying to scale it down to the base sizes I would of like to have so I decided that this piece will be a random encounter so a one of and the same for the River Trolls after much thinkin (My Wife would lol at that) I only ever really like the hunched over with his dinner since I saw it when release, the other two were just there. so I decided I just have the one river troll I like and use the three cave trolls all of which I lv the model cast of.
And to finish it off parting shot of my collection in its starting stages and my latest buys include
Ogre Pirate
two sets of squig herders (6 Squigs)
two sets of Squig Hoppers ( 10 Hoppers)

Richard
24-04-2014, 22:25
Hi so I been burning the hell out of my board to create the sea effect I'm now happy to show the finished results. I also re burned out the river and did a wave effect the best I could with the model tiles.

Shas'El Tael
26-04-2014, 07:48
Really liking how the dungeon tiles are coming together, we are like minds in choices of Hirst Art moulds. The savage trolls are well done; look forward to more on them as you go :)

Richard
02-05-2014, 00:50
Thank you Shas'El Tael for your comments, this is a quick notice to say this project won't have any updates for a while, my future baby is trying to come out 4 weeks early, so all hands on atm. Some annoying news, my first tile has been accidently broken or rather step and bounce on by my dog(sounds crap as I say it but its true) he got into our bedroom which is off limits the door bell went, while playing with my shoes and well he went bonkers, you can guess the rest what I found with the casts there are no clean breaks, it shatters and crumbles, chalk dust comes to mind so may need to rethink a more sturdier design, going forward. we see what next couples of weeks bring.
Richard

Lardidar
02-05-2014, 07:56
All the best mate .... end of the day it is just toys, take care of real life first.

artfultodger2k
02-05-2014, 16:49
ahhh bummer Richard, I guess you have to look at it as an opportunity to improve on an already impressive design :)

Daemonslave
03-05-2014, 17:29
Hope everything is ok.

BTW I love your idea of using Mighty Empires tiles as a sort of map for WHQ. I may have to pinch it!

Richard
04-05-2014, 01:29
Hi everything is ok, going to turn the naughty blighter next week, so still have some time to do stuff lol.
Thank you for your post comments.

I be honoured that you would pinch the idea Daemonslave lol, if you need tiles send me a email I got spare river and normal tiles, while on the subject. If anyone has got the mighty empires tiles and is happy to sell the mountain tiles I be happy to buy them.

Besides buying texture paint to do the forest outline and 6+ more mountain tiles, I've finished with my map. I have burnt out more roads and re done some of the bends in the river.

The top four tiles on the left and the top two on the right are to be replace with mountains once I get some, if am lucky all the way down on the left as well.

I wanted to make my own mark on some of the towns and castles. I wanted a capital and a fortified harbour trade post, so continue my quests with a boat to other lands, I leave that to your imagination. and the castle pieces wasn't castle enough lol.

Here's what they look like on the map.

I found if you cut the back of the mine piece it fits really well into the mountain terrain, looking like its part of the tile and the settlement if cut and place right looks like its part of the landscape in the mountains as well. also a close up of my coastal path.

192632 192633
Last two pics are close ups of the landscape trying to depict the burnt out river and roads, quite fun really, my workmates look at me daft but I was quite sad when I has no more burning to do lol. And my version of laketown.

Daxio
04-05-2014, 13:53
I really like the idea of using mighty empires as a map for your quests, have been toying with idea myself, but have only got as far as collecting some second tiles from ebay. Yours look really good, especially like the city.
Have seen another in a fantasy thread where fella had walled mounted finished map in a frame, looked good. Look forward to seeing yours painted, when you get chance. :)

Richard
04-05-2014, 19:29
Hi Daxio thanks if you like I got some tiles I don't need if you want them. river forest and normal. arragh I knew I wouldn't be the only one to think of framing it. I plan to somehow make a impression of a scroll with both sides rolled with the map in the middle like, the scene from the hobbit first film billbo baggins house, around table, Gandalf has map on table. I won't get that far till I get more mountain tiles, which I can tell you is pretty hard and making my own doesn't has the same effect so, wait and save wait and save.

Daxio
05-05-2014, 16:12
Cheers that's really kind Richard, you keep em, you never know when they might come in useful. :)
Go look at the Terrain project log, called Warhammer Table (on page 1), by Morglum Necksnapper, page 8 - took me ages to track down. That fella makes some fantastic stuff, including a framed mighty empires map.
The whole log is worth a look, great stuff.

Richard
10-05-2014, 06:42
Hi all
Daxio I have one word for that terrain blog...Envy lol could never be able to do something of that level. Wife's find so had some hrs of thought on what to do about dungeon. Since my dog's accident I found the mold's to break earlier than what I would have hope. they easy to work with and I am still considering on using the molds when the cash flow is back to start again. few changes though.

The tiles are 36mm not 40mm, so instead of having the boards 240mm square they be smaller 216mm square. Less scenery but still same design. I will paint them one by one and put then in boxes away from little hands and deff away from furry paws. Means I may not get the same colour tone, but their safe. if I do go down this route then all my dungeons will be based on one theme, I wont have the money to do another, but will look good. got plenty of ideas on how to literate it, but still one design.

The idea has only come to me the last couple of nights upon looking around, if I based the corridors and rooms on the original design like many before me in plastic or resin it be more solid and less likely to break. I found this company that produce resin dungeon tiles which I thought would do the trick and a company who do this door for 28mm scale models. im not a graphic designer but I made a mock up of what the tiles would look like boards be 40mm square bases then a 20mm strip around each board, give plenty of room between boards and the gap from tile to tile would be enough to place a door on. below is a L Bend close up, then a dugeon design outlook. I don't mind which way, but going forward the Cavern molds would be more expensive than the resin bases and doors. being three resin tiles to two cave tiles.

192975 192976

192977 192978

Please let me know what you think I got plenty of time but your thoughts would be helpful. thks

Andy_T
10-05-2014, 07:53
This is cool! subbed :)

Daxio
11-05-2014, 12:57
It all looks and sounds like a good idea to me.
What were you gonna base you tiles onto? Or can you buy a suitable base from the company that do the tiles?
I loved your original board designs, they worked very well, look forward to seeing the new ones. :)

Richard
12-05-2014, 06:29
Hi all
Thanks Daxio and Andy_T.

More thinking I found Tabletop Workshop GO SEE THEIR WEBSITE UP AND COMING BUT BRILLANT HARD PLASTIC THIN MEDIEVIL BUILDINGS IN PARTICULAR A CASTLE IN PARTS!!!

Daxio the biggest tiles the company do is 50 x 100 but I was thinking same idea as the cave to do a wider base and path on top, that way if I put say a skeleton or crates either side you can still see models clear but doesn't take from the game atsmosphere.
I got myself thinking if I bought a wall I could cut the wall into ruin parts and place them on both sides not to high but to create the atmosphere that your in a bricked up corridor.

Heres another concept of my 3D design bad I know and the walls on the next.
193117 193118

Tabletop Workshop go see for any terrain lovin makers
193119 193120 193121

Richard
04-06-2014, 09:11
Hi everyone, well although I haven't been on here I have been keeping tracks on all your projects and all are looking great including the newcomers to the fold.

I would like to announce today at two weeks old who could not wait anymore and came a week early our baby girl Isabella Kathleen.

So as you can see my hands will be tided for awhile but I will come back. I'm looking at different ways to make my dungeon to what I want atm the moment am looking into using dreadfleet scenery to make a cavern dungeon , I let you know how that gets on when I have a chance.

keep questing, I be back soon.

talion
04-06-2014, 10:31
Congratulations - let me tell you from recent experience, they take a lot of your time, I haven't touched a paintbrush in 2 years. I catch the odd 1/2 hour but usually too head shot to even contemplate concentrating on painting.....mines 2 1/2 now.

Daxio
04-06-2014, 10:55
That's great news fella, congratulations, take time to enjoy your family, all this stuff will still be here and we look forward to hearing from you when you can. Congrats again.

Richard
04-06-2014, 16:06
Thks Talion and Daxio should be fun, our first is two years and a month now so I only get night time hobbying if any lol. , my wife is already rolling her eyes at me as our first is already looking at gws picture books with me and laughing.

Richard
15-06-2014, 05:05
Hi all just a small update, making a lot of headway with my new design idea. Buying resin tiles and making the boards with them although would be my dream plan, price wise not gonna be able to do a hole board but maybe the edges. Looking at movement trays of lord of the rings style, found some companies that making bigger versions in mdf, plastic so gonna look into them. idea behind this is gaming wise they don't move around off tile, the model bases are same height as base, looking at prices to go forward or I make my own or just get gws version. Got a lot of dreadfleet scenery which I be cutting up soon pics to follow.

Richard
17-06-2014, 23:57
Hi all, so I emailed a couple of companies that work in the laser cutting industry for models, and got chatting to a guy called Kris who owns Hurlbat. Hurlbat is a UK company which specialises in the manufacture and sales of products for wargaming enthusiasts. Providing high quality laser cut, dye sublimation printed and resin moulded products. Very genuine, easy to talk to about ideas, Was very happy to try out my designs for my board and within a day i had an email with test samples to show. Their in post so should get them soon. The test samples are in mdf but my final ones will be in plastic.

All I done for my design was that my tile bases are 40mm round and then a 40mm stripe right around the gaming tiles for scenery. These scenery stripes then will be magnetically connected to the board using A4 Self Adhesive Flex-o-Metal Sheet (0.5mm) and A4 Self Adhesive magnetic Sheet (0.5mm). This allows me to make multiple dungeons but use the same boards. Cave one day then a forest the next or a castle or a jungle, don't know haven't got that far yet but by doing this gives me options for the future, right now it a cavern labyrinth...hopefully. My design with three boards put together and the test sample pics which Kris sent me.

195000 194989 194988

My lastest edition to the family, snuggled in the Wrong bed I must say but that does allow me to go play with toys.
The dreadfleet scenery I have been able to pick up so far with a trusty hack saw is now in piles of cut rubble which if place correctly will give a nice impression of a cave path like my pic samples here of a T-Junction and a L-Bend.

194995 194994 194993

194992 194991 194990

Daemonslave
21-06-2014, 23:14
That's going to require a lot of dreadfleet scenery, surely? Or are you going to make molds of them?

Cute family pic btw. Oh to be able to not have a care, drink lots, crawl around and puke everywhere. Hang on, that's every Saturday night! :p

Richard
22-06-2014, 06:10
That's going to require a lot of dreadfleet scenery, surely? Or are you going to make molds of them?

Atm moment I'm just getting the scenery off ebay and friends. I have already required 12 dreadfleet scenery pieces which have been cut into three to four pieces each. Am also looking into the vampire counts terrorgheist scenery pieces of stagamites. Am also lookin at a Resin Base Company Called Base-X-of-War, Thunder Mountain bases. Im hoping that a combination of these pieces will allow me to use a minimum of 6 Dreadfleet pieces to each tile piece. We see. The other idea is to still do my original idea of a board which all the pieces I have done made into stand alone pieces rather than being one sided fill them out with model putty or something. Again So much time, so little to do....Wait.... Scratch that and reverse it.....

Cute family pic btw. Oh to be able to not have a care, drink lots, crawl around and puke everywhere. Hang on, that's every Saturday night! :p

Lol so true it hurts lol

Question to ask everyone has anyone ever use or bought Avatars of War models? if so what base size do they come on? 25mm or 30mm?

Richard
23-06-2014, 06:02
So I managed to get a 2 hours last night mainly doing the garden all weekend. I was able to get
2 packs of staglamites from the Vampire Counts Dragon box set from a bitz ebay shop. hopefully
I grab more when they get them in.
195296 195297
I Like the Goblin Shaman plastic model but wanted to make my own and it wasn't hooded
or cloaked enough to be a night goblin so little drilling of the hand and my Shaman is born(Made).
195295 195298 195299 195300
Over All pic of the Night Goblins am cleaning up ready to be put together.

I did mention in my last post that I be buying from a Resin Base Website called Base-X-of-War,
really nice looking terrain, I brought some so they'll be in post, so in demand there's a backlog
of two weeks, but im not concern about that. I purchase 40mm bases and an additional rocks pack.
The overall look I'm hoping will be like the last photo. it's resin so shouldn't break like my first attempt.
195304 195303 195302
With all the gaps I'm hoping to experiment with water effects to make it a water cavern, but again see how it goes.

Lardidar
26-06-2014, 15:53
Richard ... Just bought some stuff off Hurlbat for my quest tiles (35mm squares) got like 300 of them coming. He asked why I wanted an odd shape and when I mentioned quest he said he had been talking to another (I guess you) only last week about quest boards, seemed genuinely nice and got them cut and in the post within an hour of me making my order.

I'll show them off in my thread when they arrive, should not be long.

PS - Congratulations ... restless nights and you will own nothing that isn't covered in vomit.....but so so worth it!

Richard
26-06-2014, 21:46
Hi all

Lardidar hi hope your project is going well, yea kris seems a nice guy on the phone and very helpful, I'm in the final stages of making my final test piece with him just waiting on the resin bases in the post. My first mdf test samples have arrive, and I like the effect, but also seeing new ways to go now I got it in the flesh so to speak. oh and the vomit add texture to the pieces so I'm all for it lol.

195622 195623 195624

I did a layout mock up of what it would look like if I did it as planned without, the resin bases, it looks the way I imagine it just add skeles and mushrooms here and there and the board is done. with the resin bases am not sure if the dreadfleet scenery would go with its detail, but I still use the plastic rock formations for the fire chasm or edge of cliffs scenarios.

195625 195626 195627

Richard
05-07-2014, 06:06
Hi all I got the resin samples in the post, very happy, they look great on the board
edge me being me didn't take into account the 3m play with the circular templates
on the board so will need to change that as you can see there is a hangover which
wont allow me to line up the tiles probably. Their also very bulky and I need the
models to be the same height or higher so the models don't get swallow up by the
scenery, so am gonna have to raise the level of the model base to be in line with the
surface of the base.

The first pic is 2m and the second is 6m which do you think is better?

To finish off model height shots for you all, the bases are spare I got lying around.

Daniel36
05-07-2014, 08:40
That looks like a very smart idea. I hope it will work out the way you want it.
As for your rocky outcroppings and their problems... Perhaps you can make some yourself? That way you can decide on the height yourself.
One way to do it is with cardboard and tin foil.
Check out this guy to see what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCScOXoFIg&list=PLw-XImXo4zfM3CGApyy5QOxmplGWReG3Q (it's for a hole, but the same idea applies)

Richard
07-07-2014, 05:59
Thanks Daniel36 I don't think it be a big issue but t the same time I cant be sure till I see a whole board. I suppose I could always trim the resin bases down if it came to it. we soon see.

I have decided on the 40mm round lipped bases I will use, which I thought would go with the theme of a water cavern dungeon. You can add water effects to the bases which as I intend to do exactly that to the board I thought I might as well also do it to the model bases to.

Richard
15-02-2015, 23:53
Hello everyone, its been a long time since I have been on here, I keep this short and simple due to family commitments and lack of funds else where to raise cash quickly. With a heavy heart but without a second thought I have sold everything I had to raise cash for my family. So to make it clear all I got now is my lord of the rings Moria dice and about 5 black library books to my name. Everything is gone fresh start now, wish there was another way but by doing so I was able to pay for my daughters christening, car repair job and money towards half of Christmas costs. So although I have nothing now I will be concentrating my efforts on a board before model buying again. But for now I be posting all my unofficial quest design work that I have done over the last three years, some of you may have already seen my work but I will post it all on my log here so its all in one place. All inspired by the 1995 board game.

So am back, it will be a slow log modelling wise as am truly a father of two, my boy now turning three in April and my little girl of nine months. God that's gone fast. Happy Questing.

Richard
16-02-2015, 01:12
Hi So I'm just gonna put all the Character Sheets on my log and then move on too the rest of the stuff I've done.
First up the Bretonnian Questing Knight and the Marauder

207704 207705 207707 207706

207708 207709 207710 207711

Daemonslave
16-02-2015, 10:15
That's a shame to hear about you selling all your things. :(

Hopefully things will pick up and you'll be able to buy new minis to go on a new finished, awesome set of board tiles :)

Modhail
16-02-2015, 20:19
A shame to hear about you having to sell off your collection, but so to hear it has been for a good cause.
Hopefully you can make the most of the clean slate you have now, and enjoy the slow build. Enjoy the moments you have to your hobby, accept that it will take longer; don't rush to complete things/get frustrated over lack of progress, but enjoy the travel over the destination, the act of making instead of the product...

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:18
Thank you Daemonslave, Modhail I got plenty of design bits to keep me going, to post on here and I got some lines into making a new board just waiting on replies. I know that when I do start again 4 heroes and just one set of baddies first play a couple of small games then expand as I go along. that way its slow but I get to enjoy what I got more than waiting around to have everything and will let me save and go day by day as to where the money goes to kids wife or hobby. thanks again.

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:19
Next up Imperial Noble and Ogre Pirate Maneater.

207749 207750 207751 207752

207756 207755 207753 207754

Shas'El Tael
16-02-2015, 21:19
Fair play man, was just reading your thread and about to add you Shaman was a tidy conversion. I've done the raise cash thing a couple of times and it's always ended up for the better creativity wise. :)

Look forward to your future additions.

Shas'El Tael
16-02-2015, 21:25
Fair play man, was just reading your thread and about to add you Shaman was a tidy conversion. I've done the raise cash thing a couple of times and it's always ended up for the better creativity wise. :)

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:26

Thank you I may return to doing Night Goblins when it happens, so many new bits have come out across the web that its hard not to be interested in having... everything again lol. But rest assured my future additions will be just as creative. Happy Questing

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:27
High Elf Shadow Warrior and Dark Elf Rogue.

207757 207758 207759 207760

207761 207762 207763 207764

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:27
Halfling Thief Lv this little feller inspired by Gav Thorpe, all its special abilities are originally by Gav Thorpe I just narrow down the ones I liked and put them together. And the Dwarf Iron Breaker.

207768 207767 207766 207765

207769 207770 207771 207772

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:28
Dwarves are coming in Strong with the Troll Slayer and Thunderer.

207793 207791 207790 207792

207796 207795 207794

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:44
Wood Elves are here to stay Wardancer and Waywatcher.

207784 207783 207781 207782

207788 207787 207786 207785

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:51
My Two favourites the Warrior Priest and Witch Hunter.

207799 207798 207800 207801 207797

207802 207803 207804 207805 207806

Richard
16-02-2015, 21:56
Wizards up first the High Elf Mage.

207815 207814 207813 207812
207811 207810 207809 207808 207807

Richard
16-02-2015, 22:59
Bright Wizard. and then...

207828 207827 207826 207825

207824 207823 207822 207821 207820

Richard
16-02-2015, 23:01
The Grey Wizard.

207837 207835 207836 207834

207833 207832 207831 207830 207829

Richard
16-02-2015, 23:41
Ok so I wanted to extend the record sheet to allow for extra room for scribbles so I just adjusted the sheet from the roleplay book changed areas for will power blessings and spells and I really wanted a to hit chart in there as to speed the game up without the repeated saying use in each game "So What do I need to roll now?" again I own none of it. When I was doing my Night Goblin Shaman I wanted to make it as simple and chaotic as possible to play with.So I thought about doing a random spell play, where either controlled by a dungeon master or not, the option of three themed spells known throughout the years of gws publishing to be orky is random and not just the same one picked each turn, as you never know what's gonna happen with Goblin Magic I wanted that feeling of randomness to be part of the game. And lastly, I love the roleplay book and what it adds to the game, I want that to be known but I wanted to make it a fly by course in that there not loads of dice rolls and options of 66 or 100 things that could happen. So I just made it for the games I would play with my family streamlined into each time I travel its just one dice roll THAT'S IT. and same for settlements.

The Character Encounter part of the book they added I love the idea where it adds extra to the game I put that together as well, I also really like the story to go with it so I put that with it as well. Hope you like them and that it gives you ideas as to what the great game inspired me to do would inspire you to fight harder in the dungeons.
Happy Questing

207844 207845 207842

Richard
18-02-2015, 19:16
Ok next up are the standard spell cards you get in the box. I was never able to get hold of any the originals but was able to get the pdfs of the quest games from friends and the old gws website before they changed it all. so these are not new just done up to what I have done all already.

First up Offensive Spells

207946 207947 207948 207949

207950 207951 207952 207953

Richard
18-02-2015, 19:18
Next the Defensive Spells

207954 207955 207956
207957 207958 207959

Richard
18-02-2015, 19:19
and lastly the Healing Spells

207960 207961 207962 207963 207964

Richard
20-02-2015, 04:45
Hi to all I got some random monsters this time round. Now these were done at the beginning when my dungeon was still in its starting phase of a Cavern so I selected monsters that I would of thought you would find in there. All stat lines are straight from the roleplay book. Only one change name which s the bear. If I was able to get hold of the original cards or design I wouldn't of done any of this,only could grab bits of card design from google search's. So I'm glad in a way I couldn't get hold of them as I don't think I would of enjoyed quest as much. let me know what you think. Happy Questing.

208067 208068 208069 208070
208065 208066 208072 208071

peterjameslewis711
21-02-2015, 20:55
Dude u really should get this started, especially as we speak out of warseer, im always happy to help where i can :D

Shas'El Tael
21-02-2015, 23:04
Knowing what it takes to set up a template and produce these kind of cards, seriously impressive effort :)

Richard
22-02-2015, 21:12
Thank you both it has taken me a lot of late hours to get this far. I just love the game in every aspect, even the artwork and short stories. My dad always said I was really good at what I love doing, and I love Quest.

Last couple of nites I been working on the last but one of the character cards I want to do but always felt I didn't have enough inspiration to do them justice.

Then

208278 208276 208277

Stay Tuned... Happy Questing

Daxio
23-02-2015, 11:07
Cheers for all these Richard, as Shas'EL says the effort is really appreciated. I could never do anything like these, so am in awe. :)

Richard
02-03-2015, 01:52
Cheers for all these Richard, as Shas'EL says the effort is really appreciated. I could never do anything like these, so am in awe. :)

Thank you Daxio Hope you like this one too.

Ok am sorry am a week later than I should of been and I can ask peterjameslewis711 for the truth in this matter as he knows how I felt when it happen. I finish the Pit Fighter Character I wanted to do to find when I tried to save it, it crash and I lost it all :eek: so I have had to start again with all the cards and trying to remember what I said. It was very hard, but I believe this turn out for the better so I hope you like it.

As I said before I don't want to change the rules to anything of the game nor am I calling it my own, I simply wish to add to it like so many of my fellow quest gamers. I felt unsure about the Pit Fighter as making a Profile for him as
one I love the character but I do think he's over powered... just a bit lol,
two theres so much info of the original model pack that I love I didn't want to change any of that
and three I didn't have a model that said am the Pit Fighter you have been looking for until

208761 208760 208762

It was the Last Pic that made me want to do a Pit Fighter the detail and pose... Sold! I wanted to do more than just one style of Pit Fighter but in my head Gladiator weapons are not common things to be found in dungeons. Not in my mind anyway and the models shown are different races which I wanted to sort out as the original pack is just human.

SO for everyone to get my idea I explain it here besides on the pic. There are two multiple option sections to complete your Pit Fighter Character.
1 - Pick a Race - Human, Elf or Dwarf (Each one starts with a healing Potion and Pit Armour along with their race special abilities)
2 - Pick a Fighting Style (There are 5 weapon layouts to choose from)
Each Fighting Style has its own unique weapons, extra stat bonus and a special ability to go with it. This represents the training and development that gladiator has under gone in that particular field of fighting.

I hope everyone understands this otherwise no ones gonna get it. I have added as much background info from the original I could fit in as again I want to use the rules for him just hopefully made more options. hope you like

Richard
02-03-2015, 03:51
Pit Fighter

208784 208785 208783

Standard Kit for all warriors Pit Armour and Healing Potion

208781 208782

Richard
02-03-2015, 04:03
Dimachaeri (Duel Swords)

Hoplomachus (Spear and Shield)

208789 208788

Retiarii (Fascina and Net)

208793 208794

Murmillo (Sword, Big Shield and Helmet)

208792 208791 208790

Cestus (a pair of Fist Spikes)

I change the rule with Fist Spike to fit the model, so the move ability with using Fist Spike is the weapons set up Special Ability. Please, Please let me know what you think of the Pit Fighter I nned to know as my last one is the Chaos Warrior and am thinking of going down this route with him. Till Next time Happy Questing

Daemonslave
03-03-2015, 21:55
As others have said, I would also like to say a big thank you for the time and effort that has gone into these which you seem happy sharing :)

Richard
04-03-2015, 06:20
As others have said, I would also like to say a big thank you for the time and effort that has gone into these which you seem happy sharing :)

Thank you that means alot coming from one of my inspirations. your log truly is a work of art.

ok I have made some progress first up DMB Games makes standard shape dungeon style rooms using hirst arts molds, already painted cheap too. highly recommended.

http://dmbgames.co.uk/dmbshop/en/

http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/shop.php

so I purchase a week ago two room tiles 1 inch as testers, I had been planning on doing a cavern theme, I still want to but with so many new and cool undead bits out now I found which I will share also twisting catacombs coming out roughly May time, dungeon scenery keep an out on that really good stuff. Has made me want to do that as well. Now space wise I cant be building up boxes of separate theme tiles I got to save some space as well as I wanted to make the pieces really solid, so below are the two tiles

208909 208908

One of my ideas is this

208907 from this 208906 to this 208905

I got the height I wanted and thickness doing it this way. Special tiles would be one sided I know but the majority of rooms and corrdors would be like this .I have used no nails it works so I have order my first proper order of 1.5inch tiles so hope you like my idea so far until next time Happy Questing

Richard
10-03-2015, 03:48
Ok just a small update about future ideas while waiting for the dungeon tiles to be made by Dmb Games. Had a idea of doing a Dungeon Pit made into the floor. All you would see is a Grille with lots of Zombie Hands sticking out through the bars.

209255 209257

Fenis Games do a Pair of 296 x 38mm laser-cut grilles with engraved bolt heads, cut in 1.5mm thick plywood. And a Ebay Shop does the Zombie Arms

http://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/Fantasy-scenery/c/2202358/offset=0&sort=normal

http://www.secondcitygames.co.uk/page11.htm

Recently found Second City Games collection really nice for the price gave me some spark of ideas to put in my dungeon plan.

For example The Crypt
209254 209253

A Armoury or the Guards Room

And I like it reminded me of Dark Elves

Skull Fountain

Happy Questing

Daxio
11-03-2015, 22:48
It is a good fountain, know what you mean about Dark Elf influence. Look forward to seeing your tiles. Furniture can really bring a tile to life, I just have to remind myself to use the stuff.
Do you use the Heroquest rules for placing terrain or would you just place it when and where you fancied?

Shas'El Tael
12-03-2015, 08:53
Hey now, thats a good find. Bookmarked the scenery store already :) Thanks Richard!

Richard
13-03-2015, 05:10
Do you use the Heroquest rules for placing terrain or would you just place it when and where you fancied?

When I design a room I just place then and glued them down I don't swap. I find that in my head that works rather
than mix and matching, that rooms the torture chamber, that rooms the armoury etc. What I want to do is put the
scenery on the board without taking up floor place I get back to you all when I figure that one out lol.

No Worries Shas'El Tael I might as well share my other finds that am considering buying from for various reasons.

http://www.dark-art-studios.co.uk/dark-art-studios_shop/ British Firm
209476 209477 209478

http://www.ainsty-castings.co.uk/ British Firm
Two words Dungeon Walls! I'm not even posting pics just their webpage links seriously have a look
http://ainstycastings.co.uk/index.php/cPath/25/osCsid/3f8952adcd27bf85b37d687602caab26
Dungeon Scenery Page Walls
http://ainstycastings.co.uk/index.php/cPath/26/osCsid/3f8952adcd27bf85b37d687602caab26
Sewer System page this is mental for the price you can make a skaven sewer dungeon and use
water effects products with this. Just a little tweaking to make it quest tile style set up
http://ainstycastings.co.uk/index.php/cPath/28/osCsid/3f8952adcd27bf85b37d687602caab26
Dungeon Floors
just look lol

http://www.tabletop-art.de/ European Firm
This company looks like awesome stuff to what I want for my dungeon pics says it all
209479 209480 209481
209482 209483 209484
All 28mm Scale

Happy Questing

Richard
13-03-2015, 05:16
Another One

http://www.thomarillion.de/index.php?seite=katalog&unterseite=dunkelstadt&sprache=gb_ Thomarillion European Firm
really nice looking rooms massive tavern piece and customisable floors and walls and well just look at pics and the link to their dungeon shop
209495 209494 209492
209491 209493 209488
209486 209487
209489 209490

Daxio
13-03-2015, 19:39
I like the dungeon furniture Richard, I don't have any scrolls at all, and what a huge variety of bottles, love em. :)

Shas'El Tael
14-03-2015, 01:19
We have similar tastes, I've got those bookmarked for ages - all toward my eventual 3D dungeon in the next millenia or so.

Richard
14-03-2015, 06:54
Hi Daxio yea their cool and that's only set 2 you should see the others. am only doing little bits of 3d work in the dungeon but when it comes to my objective rooms im hoping I can go all out lol like all those bottle and shelfs will go with this piece would make a good alchemist shop or a sorcerers lair

all toward my eventual 3D dungeon in the next millenia or so.
Well lets hope it's soon, any idea on what style? will you be copying one of your digital board designs you think?

Just a small update I've spoken to Dmb Games, their masters are almost complete and I will have pics soon. I've decided on what am hoping to achive for my board. I've attach the blueprint designs I made on powerpoint that I sent to Dmb Games which they understand my idea concept (thank god coz most people don't get what I mean) hopefully it will give you some insight as to how I think.

209577 209578 209579 209580 209581

Until next time Happy Questing

Daxio
14-03-2015, 14:37
Well it all makes perfect sense to me, but then I'm m..m..ma.. crazy!
On a more sensible note, the apothecaries room looks very nice. :)

Richard
15-03-2015, 02:34
This is the last Store I show I found, I wanted to leave it till last as to do it juctice as the products look amazing Zealot Miniatures Kickstarter - Twisting Catacombs which hopefully is ready by May ish time produce from what I can see a really good thoughtout products for dungeon gaming. Pics will doing the talking better I think. All pics are from their website.

http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/twisting-catacombs.php

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1207385459/twisting-catacombs-miniature-dungeon-scenery

209637 209640 209641 209642

209643 209644 209638 209639

Richard
15-03-2015, 02:41
Scale Pics are gold dust to me so again all pics are from their website, so please don't ask me what their like....yet I tell you when I'm able to purchase them lol

209650 209649 209648 209647 209646 209645

The bookcase they do below seems really customisable by slotting your choice of shelves into the precut grooves So you can create a good selection of different bookcases by changing up the choice and order of shelves

209654 209653 209652 209651

Richard
21-03-2015, 01:11
Happy, happy, happy hi everyone small update but excited got first pics of the masters DmB Games are doing for me in 1.5inch dungeon tiles of basic tile design, as they make the others to suit my custom order I thought I share them with you.

210048 210047 210050 210049

Also I've nearly completed the Chaos Warrior Stat Card just working on the Treasure Cards, until next time Happy Questing

Shas'El Tael
22-03-2015, 09:57
Man this is evolving - great to see how accomodating these guys are to your idea.

Daemonslave
22-03-2015, 16:23
Really liking the look of the tiles. I had a similar thought regarding the joints when I first started making mine (though mine were upside down to yours with the lip on top) and would involve lego like bits to join pieces together (if I was able to do it in plastic - which I wasn't).

Keep up the good work.

Regarding furniture stuff, both Fenris games and Fenryll have some things you could use in a dungeon environment

http://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/Fantasy-scenery/c/2202358/offset=0&sort=normal

http://fenryll.com/category.php?id_category=20

Shas'El Tael
22-03-2015, 21:16
Oh yaahh.. nice spot Daemonslave, had forgotten about their ranges. Cheers!

Richard
22-03-2015, 22:59
Thanks for that Daemonslave I already had fenris games pinned but for another reason using their dungeon grills. I post it in a few days time and yes Shas'EL Tael their very easy to talk to and bounce ideas with, I would recommend then for their customer service which is as high as their quality in product.

peterjameslewis711
23-03-2015, 19:13
Looking good mate, keep up the hard work. I wanna get a game in when its all done :D

Richard
25-03-2015, 20:50
Looking good mate, keep up the hard work. I wanna get a game in when its all done :D

Am hoping you will help run games with me, when its good to go mate. So you don't get a choice lol.

Ok so here's the design Demonslave I was telling you about with the Fenris Games scenery you mention, hope it makes sense.

210309 210310 210311 210312 210313

Daemonslave
25-03-2015, 21:48
Nice! I like it. Where are you going to get all the hands / arms from?

Richard
26-03-2015, 05:20

From the GWS Zombie box and cut them down so their not shoulder length sticking out, but I can vary the sizes of the arms too.

Richard
26-03-2015, 05:21

From the GWS Zombie box and cut them down so their not shoulder length sticking out, but I can vary the sizes of the arms too.

Richard
31-03-2015, 02:30
Just a quick update, after discussing with DmbGames I'm gonna meet them at dragondaze as their have a stand showing off their products. I be able to meet them in person and pick up my board pieces when I'm there its not til 19th Sept but I'm not in a rush as I have all the pieces at the same time and if theres anymore I can get ask them to get them done over the next couple of months and have them as one. Here's a link its for a really great cause

http://allis020.wix.com/dragondaze

Happy Questing

Richard
11-04-2015, 13:22
Hi guys/gals? just wanted some feedback on my idea for Chaos Warrior Treasure Cards Back piece, Should I stay with the original and put a separate deck for them or have different background and go with that. I just change the name on original piece but u know its a different treasure deck. let me know and I put the a lot up on tonight when I have more time

Happy Questing

Shas'El Tael
13-04-2015, 05:41
Feeling the need for a more Gothic typeface and slightly more bunched together away from the card edge :)

Richard
13-04-2015, 06:28
Thank you Shas'EL Tael I can see what you mean, I keep working on it. aI'll post all the stuff I got tonight with the original background and keep working on that one.

Happy Questing

Richard
14-04-2015, 04:13
Well its finally here, sorry about the wait. I wanted to get it the way I wanted it, I hope it keeps to the spirit of Quest and the original idea. Again text is gathered across a numer of books which I like the description of and put together all in one place. Abilities and rules, treasure are all from original pack just put together differently. It works on paper but please any thing you don't think works let me know. Please note there are 9 pages of character profile cards (tenth is just something I always liked in story background.) But when you actually playing, you only need two pages of character profiles. The rest is to do with levelling up or outside dungeonering, all of which I hope in the spirit of the original character. Anyway enough words hope you like;

Character Profiles
211297 211298 211299 211300 211301

Standard Treasure Cards (start off with)
211302 211303 211304

Happy Questing

Richard
14-04-2015, 04:19
Next up are the Special Gift Chart Treasure Cards two each for the four gods and undivided.

Khorne Armour & Weapon

211305 211306

Nurgle Armour & Weapon

211307 211308

Slaanesh Armour & Weapon

211309 211310

Tzeentch Armour & Weapon

211311 211312

Undivided Armoour & Weapon

211313 211314
Happy Questing

Richard
14-04-2015, 04:27
First Batch of Treasure Cards, I went with what I thought would be best as in there are no Gold Values on the cards. As there are none on the original pack so these cannot be sold but given back to the temple or discarded which I don't think the gods would like much. Also I didn't think the "good guys" would use them so another reason why no gold value.

211315 211316 211317 211318 211319

211320 211321 211322 211323 211324

Happy Questing

Richard
14-04-2015, 04:32
Next Batch again all rules are originally from pack back in the day one or two of my ideas thrown in.

211325 211326 211327 211328 211329

211330 211331 211332 211333 211334

Happy Questing

Richard
14-04-2015, 04:34
Silly restriction rule here's the last one.

Happy Questing

Chain
21-04-2015, 20:20
only looked at a few of the items so far, pretty nice looking, but perhaps "Armour of Cursed Iron" should say something like unmodified strength?
And maybe also say something like it can't be used along with armor that increase Toughness or maybe just cansel the toughness bonuses of your other items. Alone it's cool, if combined or fused it could be pretty game breaking

Richard
26-04-2015, 14:57
Thanks Chain for looking the Armour of Cursed Iron is already in the roleplay book so is pretty mental, but you are right so I repost a updated one later and I have finally pdf all my treasure cards so I put then up as well later

Happy Questing

Richard
26-04-2015, 22:41
Hi all, I have updated the treasure card that Chain pointed out I hope the wording makes sense

Happy Questing

Richard
27-04-2015, 06:23
Hi all, well heres the next batch of treasure cards most are from the game and a lot from a digital game which you may or may not have.
Amulets and Boots

212093 212094 212095 212096 212097

212098 212099 212100 212101 212102

Happy Questing

Richard
27-04-2015, 06:28
Hi al Boots and Helmets

212103 212104 212105 212106 212107

212108 212109 212110 212111 212112

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:38
Hi all Ranged Ammo and Ogre Items

212165 212166 212167 212168 212169

212170 212171 212172 212173 212174

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:42
Hi all Ogre and Jewellery

212175 212176 212177 212178 212179

212180 212181 212182 212183 212184

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:45
Hi all Wizard and Archmage Items

212185 212186 212187 212188 212189

212190 212191 212192 212193 212194

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:49
Hi all Scrolls and Rings

212195 212196 212197 212198 212199

212200 212201 212202 212203 212204

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:51
Hi all Rings

212205 212206 212208 212207 212209

212212 212210 212214 212211 212213

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:56
Hi all Runes and Talismans

212215 212216 212217 212218 212219

212220 212221 212222 212223 212224

Richard
27-04-2015, 23:59
Hi all Armour

212225 212226 212227 212228 212229

212230 212231 212232 212233 212234

Richard
28-04-2015, 00:02
Hi all Armour Chalices and Books

212235 212236 212237 212238 212239

212240 212241 212242 212243

Richard
29-04-2015, 19:48
Market Items

212380 212381 212382 212383 212384

212385 212386 212387 212388 212389

Richard
29-04-2015, 19:50
Market Items

212390 212391 212392 212393 212394

212395 212396 212397 212398 212399

Richard
29-04-2015, 19:54
Market Items

212400 212401 212402 212403 212404

212405 212406 212407 212408 212409

Richard
29-04-2015, 19:57
Market Items

212410 212411 212412 212413 212414

212415 212416 212417 212418 212419

Daxio
29-04-2015, 21:17
Richard you are truly a prince among men, I really can't say thank you enough. If you were here I'd kiss you, cheers fella :)

Richard
30-04-2015, 00:00
Hi Daxio thanks I got 95 more to make into pdf all weapons... best till last. Has anyone ever played or used Gav Thorpes Keiv Shaman Character?

Richard
30-04-2015, 00:23
Oh I thought I mite as well post my tile ideas they not been order to make... yet but hay there's always that day to come rite.

Idol Room and Tomb Chamber

212424 212423

Fighting Pit

212425 212426

Ok I like the Indiana Jones with the Boulder Scene so I came up with this idea the boulder will be one of the giant mangler squigs, legs cut off painted to look like a its carved out of stone. but I may just turn the idea on its head and just have it as a random rock fall in any room.

212427 212428 212429 212430

Richard
30-04-2015, 00:30
Water Corridor

212431 212432 212433 212434 212435

Zombie Caged Throne Room

212436 212437 212438 212439

Richard
30-05-2015, 00:12
Hi all just a quick update managed to grab ten doors on ebay. As planned the doors will be mounted onto 1x2 tiles which will have webs, spiders and skele bits on bases

214398 214399 214400

Richard
31-05-2015, 15:36
Hi all I've finished the latest character to my collection, a Kislevite Shaman. Again based off Gav Thorpes Character I change bits around to suit what fit my idea of a Kislevite Shaman for my games. Hope you like;

Kislevite Shaman Character Profile Cards

214502 214503

Defence Spell Cards

214504 214505 214506 214507

Healing Spell Cards

214508 214509

Richard
31-05-2015, 15:39
Attack Spell Cards

214510 214511 214512

214513 214514 214515 214516

Richard
31-05-2015, 15:43
Special Spell Cards

214517 214518 214519 214520 214521

214522 214523 214524 214525 214526

Daxio
17-06-2015, 09:55
Cheers Richard, again a fantastic resource you've produced here, much appreciated. Just need to buy some printer ink now ;)

Shas'El Tael
18-06-2015, 03:54
Definitely one of the most prolific art producers for WHQ these days - I take freaking ages to produce work at the moment with limited free time. :D

Chickenbane
18-06-2015, 14:41
This is a brilliant thread! All I have to do now is get my group to start playing it again!

Richard
27-06-2015, 22:10
Hi everyone
Chickenbane and Daxio go buy Printer Ink asap lol

and Shas'El Tael all you have seen has been done, redone and redone over the last 3 years every other day so besides the gladiator, chaos warrior and shaman what you seen has taken ages and done already and thank you your comments are really thoughtful

just a small quicky twisting catacombs with finally be up for grabs this fall on Zealot Miniatures really nice work and the Shaman Treasure Cards, basic just what it should be for starters.
Happy Questing everyone.

216015 216016

Richard
11-07-2015, 04:14
Hi all on the final trek now guys I only have 96 treasure cards to put on then everything I have is up on this blog that I have done, so here it goes first up 35 swords. Happy Questing

216889 216890 216891 216892 216893

216894 216895 216896 216897 216898

Richard
11-07-2015, 04:15
216899 216900 216901 216902 216903

216904 216905 216906 216907 216908

Richard
11-07-2015, 04:15
216909 216910 216911 216912 216913

216914 216915 216916 216917 216918

Richard
11-07-2015, 04:16
216919 216920 216921 216922 216923

Daxio
11-07-2015, 22:29
Cheers Richard you're a star :-)

Richard
14-07-2015, 18:20
Thanks Daxio next instalment Axes

217082 217083 217084 217085 217086

217087 217088 217089 217090 217091

Richard
14-07-2015, 18:25
Axes, Maces and Hammers

217095 217092 217093

217094 217097 217098

217096 217099 217100

Richard
15-07-2015, 01:41
Bows and Warrior Priest Head Gear

217110 217118

217111 217112 217113 217114

217115 217116 217117 217119

Richard
15-07-2015, 01:47
Bows, Quivers, Pistols and Elfish Helmets

217121 217122

217128 217127 217126 217123

217120 217124 217129 217125

Richard
15-07-2015, 01:55
Wizard Staffs, Ogre Weapons and Witch Hunter Armour

217131 217134 217138 217139 217137

217132 217133 217135 217136 217140

Richard
15-07-2015, 02:00
Ok last of the Treasure Cards, that's it then for now on that I just got my quest Journel pages to load then am good lol

Elfish Cloaks and Shields enjoy

217143 217149

217141 217142 217144 217147

217150 217145 217146 217148

Daxio
24-07-2015, 19:25
Fantastic work Richard, you are a prince amongst men, cheers

Richard
02-08-2015, 00:50
Hey everyone ok so that's all I got in terms of cards, what I also got is what I was planning to do was a small quest book just to get things going with my group small intro special rules etc, I wasn't going to until a warhammer quest app came out with a lot of background info. so there's a lot of repeat but altered txt to change stories around into certain scednarios but it all remains the same concept to play a mini game with lots of fun in mind. The idea with the journal then is one player would be the reader and the only one to know any rules so when it comes to it they would read it out rather than everyone knows, yes a game master but not to the extreme.

let me know what you think also what does everyone think of age of sigmar rules and bringing it to Warhammer Quest?

Richard
15-08-2015, 18:18
Hi everyone, so dragongaze event is coming soon and I get my board tiles, I also take lots of photos so you can all see and if I can figure out how I do video clips and put them on here. And my friends believe am daft and mad but I have decided to try my hand and have redone all the spell, trap, monster, and treasure cards into the new rules format for Age of Sigmar. I put them up in a couple of days, I hope they ok, haven't play many games but I believe I have kept to the spirit of quest and made it work with the rules.

Shas'El Tael
21-08-2015, 07:38
Look forward to the report! Safe travels and read your exploits soon :)

Richard
23-08-2015, 09:49
Thanks Shas'El Tael. I got a poster of it so all can see.

Ok after three nights of monsoons, kids nightmares I have had long nites being awake. So I have decided to have a crack at redoing all the cards into age of sigmar ruling. So first instalments are ranged weaponry.

NOTE: So every one knows all the rules used are ones I have taken from the pdfs off gws, either as they are stated in the pdfs or been tweek to used the rule more than once. Also the Stats on the card are add on's to the character sheet not play off the card.

and I work out how to put more than one onto a pdf yey!

Gun powdered weaponry and Ammunition

Archery weaponry and Quivers

Richard
26-08-2015, 02:28
Hi all next instalment of Age of Sigmar Cards I've done hope their ok

Robes

Boots

Let me know what you think I really do appreciated the feedback on the idea of a Quest using Sigmar rules

Richard
26-08-2015, 04:35

Wands & Staffs

Scrolls

Richard
30-08-2015, 07:57

Shields

Helmets

Richard
31-08-2015, 23:26
Hi all next instalment of Age of Sigmar Cards I've done hope you like?

Runestones

Two-handed Weapons

Richard
01-09-2015, 05:29
Hi all next instalment of Age of Sigmar Cards I've done hope you like?

Rings

Amulets

Richard
01-09-2015, 21:49
Hey just wonder on players take on this idea Zombie Troll from Dungeon Saga by mantic games

Am interested

Daxio
04-09-2015, 23:50
They look good don't they, I bought some of their werewolves and I thought they were nice models.

Geoh
05-09-2015, 00:49
Those Trolls look great but I'm looking forward to the Troll shaman more. Will you be converting the monsters to Warhammer Quest?

Richard
05-09-2015, 19:33
yea Geoh be nice I think I just use them as a normal troll with rengeneration

Richard
20-09-2015, 04:54
The shimmer of morning mist broke over the eastern ridge ad down into the valley below. It flow effortlessly across the valley floor like a veil blanket, it move as if it had a mind of its own...

and blar blar am no poet but lets just say the 3 hours I had today was a fantastic experience I will never forget. Dragondaze came into Newport today like a hurricane and I couldn't wait.

Now just to give everyone a reminder and a heads up. I was going to Dragondaze just to get my tiles, which has been long months of txts, calls, discussions and I feel that Andy and me have got to know each other very well. So much so that on Thursday just gone I had a txt for a favour. Andy's co-worker fell ill before travel commence to the song swept hills of Wales. (Andy did tell him not to eat the white mushrooms that grew along side the trade route to Wales but there we go). So he was a man down to help cover the gaming intro table to play games upon his masterpiece of a display dungeon. So I found myself, marching to Newport, under the banner, bearing the colours of the DMB Dungeon Tiles as a Dungeon Master for the Day. Yea!

So News I got Good news, some Delay news, some Waiting news, and some Sensible Thinking news.

Good News I have MY DUNGEON TILES
Delay News Some of my special specific tiles are still in progress so I will have them later on (I knew this before hand)
Waiting News are my doors not yet complete but will be finish soon he painting and attaching the webs I after the stone is painted (again I knew before hand)
Sensible News this will sound silly but the tiles are easy to glue together at any date No Nails works perfectly. When I was given the pieces there was no "lower level" to each one as to my earlier posts have described. this was not a problem as I could of made them with the bits given but Andy wanted me to see I person why he hadn't put together just yet,

AND AM SO GLAD HE DIDN'T PUT THEM TOGETHER YET.

Each piece when I pick it up had a good weight to it on their own because I ask for the bigger tile size. (If you remember my test piece original idea was the smaller size back to back tiles). If you had added or glued another level it wouldn't of work or been wise due to the serious amount of weight and would of worked out stupidly expensive.

So in conclusion I have a VERY beautiful, VERY well painted original style flooring and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't stop smiling for those three hrs, able to talk to all the team. No silent moments they were all as ecstatic about gaming as I was, bouncing off ideas and thoughts, even thou it was the first time we ever met, I felt right at home being part of a very passionate team.

So the following are all the pictures that I was able to take that day, I hope they do Andy and the team justice as the customer service was second to none. And I was also able to get pics of other really cool people and their work have a look at Westwood Works pics simply Amazing!!!

220312 220313 220314 220315 220316

220317 220318 220319 220320 220321

If anyone knows how to rotate the pics on warseer I be greatful as they were correct on computer

Richard
20-09-2015, 05:06
220322 220326 220326 220327 220325

220329 220330

220324 220323 220331

Latest designs for a SEWER THEME DUNGEON really sweet

AND MY BITS YEAH!

Richard
20-09-2015, 05:23
Here is the Gaming Intro Board I played on very spectacular

220332 220333

220340 220334 220335 220336 220337

220338 220339 220341

Richard
20-09-2015, 05:38
In game Shots of me intro gaming I wonder what game hmmmmmmmmm
220345 220346 220347 220352

220349 220350220351

220342 220343

This was on show on the Firestorm Games Table, really nice to talk to. Found out a rumour from fellow lookers that mantic games have got nothing in stock now so whatever goes to stores that's it until they resupply due to the damand for it. pretty epic the models sprues were beautiful and the box artwork is lovely the pic doesn't do it justice

Richard
20-09-2015, 06:27
Any know how to upload videos from your pc and not from youtube?

EPIC!!!!!!!!
right the guys said they got website but got home doesn't work try and find Mechcanicusprobs
I knew there was blood bargains made to get high up in the wonder what the skull tally was?
220354 220357 220358 220362

220361 220360 220359

http://www.tripleacegames.com/
Their latest card games on show were really cool concepts and gameplay was fun.
King of Theives - A bluffing treasure hunt card game
Halfling Feast - A fantasy eating contest
Rocket Race - Steampunk Rocket building

Bits Box

National Roman Legion Museum

Richard
20-09-2015, 06:50
MISSION Normandy COMMAND by http://www.surprisedstaregames.co.uk/MissionCommand/index.htm
220363 220364

This companies art did take my breath away
vincent fantasy art facebook

www.sheblackdragon.com
I don't need to say anything pics say enough!
220366 220367 220368

http://www.midnightillustrationportfolio.blogspot.co.uk/
Sam Manley really cool person to chat to great ideas in the making
220369 220370

www.DAVEADPINKROBOTS.WEBS.co.uk
220371 220372

Richard
20-09-2015, 07:04

Peter Regan
www.oubliettemagazine.blogspot.co.uk
www.squarehex.co.uk
220386 220387 220388

220389 220390 220391 220392 220393

Richard
20-09-2015, 07:27
I had to do a post for these guys and gals absolutely fabulous work they do am deffo looking into buying it as it would work great for me in a house of two little ones and no hobby room to my own. Great guy to talk to

westwoodwoodworks@outlook.com

220394 220395 220396 220397

220398 220399 220400

Daemonslave
20-09-2015, 10:04
Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for the pics - there's some nice dungeon tiles on the market!

Richard
21-09-2015, 06:03
Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for the pics - there's some nice dungeon tiles on the market!

I sure did Daemonslave only wish I had more hours I hope they'll do it again or am able to find out about these events sooner rather than later.

Ok here are the pics of my Dungeon Tiles I spent a hour or two messing around with them so here they are;

220464 220465 220466 220467

220468 220469 220470

Richard
21-09-2015, 06:11
Ok so portrait photos don't work I see just have to take more tonight hope you all like

220473 220471 220472 220474

220475 220476 220477

Shas'El Tael
21-09-2015, 06:55
Oooohh.. looks very good Richard - great series of photos - nothing quite like that in New Zealand - though a cosplay event is very well subscribed (takes over an entire 8 showroom expo centre).

Liking the tiles. Are you going to leave as is, or do some shading etc?

It really is that midway point of, if left be - great clean neutral theme, push it further - you begin to lock a style in place that is hard to shake when playing 'another location'

Richard
21-09-2015, 22:10
Liking the tiles. Are you going to leave as is, or do some shading etc?
It really is that midway point of, if left be - great clean neutral theme, push it further - you begin to lock a style in place that is hard to shake when playing 'another location'

Hey Shas'EL thank you the pictures don't do them justice in shading. what am going to do is the 1x2 tiles will have glued scenery to them and they be place alongside the room and corridor tiles. I can swap them round each game then so I have a similar but different layout each time.

Richard
23-09-2015, 06:09
Ok I take more pics cause I didn't think the pics showed them well and sideway pictures look silly

220555 220556 220557 220558 220559

220560 220561 220562 220563 220564

Already ordered my next bunch of Dungeon tile accessories from Andy at DMB Games, this will come together with my doors and Zombie Room Tile. Its finally coming together

Shas'El Tael
01-10-2015, 12:12
Mannnn.. you lads and your 3D tiles.. sigh; making this dungeon diver jelly.. pout.

Look forward to updates and ideas I can steal- I mean, get inspired by, for my future 3D dungeon :P

Richard
01-10-2015, 21:48
Look forward to updates and ideas I can steal- I mean, get inspired by, for my future 3D dungeon :P

Steal! STEAL! no such thing, as you say inspired, as you have too so many Shas'EL Tael.

Speaking of inspiration, I manage to get a hold of a model I have wanted for awhile, just from a glance. But having oh my. I will put up a quick photo soon, all I can say is I have never been happier from having a model that I didn't know its full contents. Having seen it all has made the model that much better. Pobably silly but little things made me smile.

Richard
08-10-2015, 23:11
Hi all rite first off manage to grab these two off ebay

221037 221038

Now the model I been talking about is the white dwarf witch hunter subscription model.

Now I only saw at first your I said like just by looking at the main eye catcher which was

I knew and said HAVE! now that I have got it in my hands I've had nothing but smiles, firstly the hat is separate but looking at all the picture I saw this

a broken table and a in motion spilling cup. Two great scenic items, I know silly but what came to mind, which resulted in a instant buy on ebay was this little critter

I leave the pics do the talking

Richard
14-10-2015, 06:46
Hi been busy with two growing kids making the most of the summer weather outside with them before we locked up for winter in the dungeon... I mean house.

Anyway you all remember the original Adventure Record Sheet about twenty pages glued at the top just like a notepad. Well I wanted the same with my upto date version so I went to my family-friends who run a printing company and here is the result hope you like

221254 221255 221256 221257

Here's the Pdf of it but so you know it is suited to me as in my games so it has both the Original and Age of Sigmar Characteristic's Stat Lines. But I'm pretty surer you can use it just for the Original. I would of just done that but as my group is family members and non-Warhammer knowledge minded (except Pete who I hope he will do some game trials with me) I try the original but got lost in too many questions. When I tried quickly Age of Sigmar approach just off 1D6 it went well, so am going to try do a Age of Sigmar Quest rulebook not the story coz that's mess up, original story lie just new rules

benvoliothefirst
20-10-2015, 18:49
Brilliant! I'm very curious to hear how you're mixing/matching rules from AoS and WHQ. Love the pad!

Daemonslave
20-10-2015, 20:51
Where's that cat model from? I really want stuff like this to give my dungeon some character

Richard
20-10-2015, 23:14
Where's that cat model from? I really want stuff like this to give my dungeon some character

Warhammer Lamian and Bastet Vampire Counts Lord Female Cat OOP Games Workshop just type in cat and warhammer on ebay that's how I got it Daemonslave,

Richard
20-10-2015, 23:31
Brilliant! I'm very curious to hear how you're mixing/matching rules from AoS and WHQ.

Nothing major, was easier for my family to understand than the chart system from the original. Just play quest using the new stat lines and the combat and shooting sequences and the txt of treasure cards that say ignore armour and toughness to causes a mortal wound and that really is all I done. ;)

Richard
24-10-2015, 02:03
Hey everyone, been working on these for a mini trial game with my cousin on sunday I let you all know how it goes, we be using his models from myth for now until I can get mine up and running on that subject i'm really considering play quest game and quest rules using SUPER DUNGEON EXPLOERER MODELS, is anyone against this? my wife loves the models I can get them easier in bulk and ironically I like all the poses, I been trying to find models that rep quest models to the idea I have of them but they are never the same scale even thou they say 28mm, they look silly next to each other.

what you think?

Richard
26-10-2015, 02:37
"Remember, we just here for the loot" said Wulf Orcbane gripping his Greatsword in both hands forever in a stance for battle.
"I doubt there's much here to loot Wulf, the reward will be enough to cover this delay in our travels to Aldorf" Whispered Talion the Elf as he gracefully pulled his bowstring taut with a arrow notched ready. They crept down the stone stairs as silently as possible now, with the walls covered in webbing, ancient statues and burial chambers graced in a white silk blanket. The glow from Sorcerer's Leila magical spell to shed light in this holy structure of a forgotten age, did little to illuminate the gathering dark. As they ventured further the walls echo with a, what sound like a hundred nails tapping stone in a repeated pattern. Suddenly crawling into the light, dozens of the creepy critters emerged from the shadows to surround the heroes. The chamber soon rang with the sounds of battle..."

Ok not the best intro but you get the jist. Hello all excited is to small a word to say what happen today for me, I finally got a chance to play a proper solid game of Warhammer Quest with my cousin on my new tiles :D
This is my first quest report so please bare with me, for you all to know my older cousin Lewis is very knowledgeable (if that is a word) in all games of interest myth, D&D, Lords of War etc has played quest when it came out, but vaguely, he was treating this as a brand new game and was happy to play. I was using Age of Sigmar style fighting so if anyone is interested in trying to merge the games hope this helps in anyway. Also the Warriors used are from the myth boxset before anyone asks I didn't have any to use yet so Lewis said we could use them and their really nice sculpts too.

So Lewis controlled the Warrior Wulf Orcbane
Movement - 4
Wounds - D6+8 (14)
To Hit Roll Melee - 5+
To Hit Roll Range - /
To Wound Roll - 5+
Save Roll - 6+(5+)
Initiative - 3
Pinning - 5+
Rending - (+1)
Damage - 1
Melee Attacks - 1
Ranged Attacks - 0

He's armed with a Great Sword +1 Rending Critical Chance (6 on a To Hit roll Double Damage)
Furs +1 To Save Roll. If a monster rolls a 6 to hit its destroyed
Leg of Lamb Heals D3 Wounds use once then discard

Lewis Chose Battle Blades - once per turn roll 1D6. on a roll of a 4,5 or 6 double your attacks this turn
and Parry - once per turn on a 5 or 6 you deflect a successful to hit roll against you.

Abilities from my rather long this of abilities.

and Talion the Elf Archer
Movement - 4
Wounds - D6+7 (11)
To Hit Roll Melee - 5+
To Hit Roll Range - 5+(4+)
To Wound Roll - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Initiative - 4
Pinning - /
Rending - /
Damage - 1
Melee Attacks - 1
Ranged Attacks - 1(3)

He's armed with a Elven Bow +1 To Hit Roll
Elven Rope use to get out of pits. After use If a 1 is rolled its destroyed
Elven Dagger
Healing Potion Heals 2 Wounds use once then discard

An Elf gets the following race abilities
Alacrity - A Elf can move & shoot in the same turn..
Light Footed - A Elf can never be pinned.
Lewis Chose Shadowfast - once per turn regardless on Initiative on a roll of a 4+ the Elf goes first
and Sureshot - +2 Ranged Attacks

I controlled Alric Whitecloak the Warrior Priest
Movement - 4
Wounds - D6+7 (11)
To Hit Roll Melee - 5+
To Hit Roll Range - /
To Wound Roll - 5+
Save Roll - 6+(5+)
Initiative - 3
Pinning - 5+
Rending - (+1)
Damage - 1
Melee Attacks - 1
Ranged Attacks - 0

He's armed with a Warhammer +1 Rending Critical Chance (6 on a To Hit roll Double Damage)
Chainmail +1 To Save Roll
Ring of Regeneration Heal 1 Wound per turn

No Abilities but Blessing once per turn roll 1D6 add Initiative, 8 or more is a successful attempt.
Scourge of Chaos +1 To Hit Roll

And Leila the Sorceress
Movement - 4
Wounds - D6+7 (10)
To Hit Roll Melee - 5+(+4)
To Hit Roll Range - /
To Wound Roll - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Initiative - 3
Pinning - 6+
Rending - /
Damage - 1
Melee Attacks - 1
Ranged Attacks - 0

She's armed with a Wizard's Book of Knowledge -Bound Spell Chain Lightening - Once per adventure can attack 5 Monsters on same board
causing 1 Mortal Wound to each Monster
Short Sword - +1 To Hit Roll
Arcane Brooch of Power - +1 Power Token (So when she rolls for pool at the beginning on the adventure its 1D6+1)

No Abilities but randomly chosen By Lewis my Spells are
Fist of Iron - Attack - 2 Power on a 3+ causes 1 Mortal Wound to one Monster
Iron Skin - Defence - 3 Power grants +2 To Save Roll for one turn
Healing Wounds - Healing - 3 Power Heals D3 Wounds to one Warrior

Ok Hope Everyone understood.
Below is the Quest we doing, intro, rules for the mini-game, Boss Level intro, Conclusion, Rewards.

So let the Quest Begin

Richard
26-10-2015, 03:49
Hi all so Treasure, Dungeon and Event decks are set so here it goes Entrance to the Ruins went without hitch, the Wizard rolled a 2 Power Phase
and had 6 Power tokens (1D6 rolled a 5 plus 1 = 6 duh)

TURN ONE

The first Dungeon Card turned over was a Dungeon Tile -Event was Webbed Room -1 Movement within this room Take another Event Card
Event Card 6 Giant Bats

Giant Bat
Movement -6
To Hit Roll - 5+
To Wound - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Damage - 1
Sp Ability - Ambush make an attack upon warriors as soon as their put on board,
before warriors then continue combat phase as normal

one on each then random tokens for last two both on priest

221714 221713

Tableshot

The Bats wasn't up for the fight as all Ambush Attacks failed to penetrate any warrior's defences so onto the warriors turn
I thought it would be best if Lewis did both his characters first then mine so

Elf had two bats to his back he melee attack one Killing it with ease
Then let loose 3 range attacks to aid his fellow companions in front for all them to miss...the Ambush really did throw off his aim

Warrior was able to get 2 attacks from battle blades but failed to with both attacks

Wizard went next and used 2 Iron Fist Spells killing 2 Bats with ease and Melee Attack another also scoring another fatality.

Priest failed his Blessing attempt and his attack as well.

TURN 2 Power Phase roll 6

Warrior again successfully score 5 on battle blades getting a extra attack which in turn killed 1 bat

Elf moved but failed all ranged and melee attacks.

Priest as did he with both blessing and attack.

Wizard then cleared the rest with another two Fist of Iron Spells

Treasure Card Lewis had first spoils of a Sliver Chalice worth 80 Gold Market use only.

Exploration Phase saw the Warriors move up further into the room to see the door on the opposite side of the doorway they enter through.

TURN 3 Power Phase roll 5

Again the Warrior Wulf Orcbane eager for battle moved upto the door and revealed
Event Card 4 Giant Spiders

Giant Spider
Movement -4
To Hit Roll - 5+
To Wound - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Damage - 1
Sp Ability - Venomous Bite - a 6 on the To Hit Roll causes 1 Mortal Wound, no save allowed

one on each

Warrior again failed both to wound with his Melee attacks even when he got battle blades again

Elf didn't do well either melee miss and ranged attacks hit once but failed to wound

Priest Blessing yes had a 6 to hit critical but fail to wound

Wizard step up to the plate again release 4 Fists of Iron spells killing 3 melee attack failed as well

leaving 1 spider to attack the Warrior but fails

TURN 4 Power Phase roll 2 (power tokens store left 3)

Elf again show poor shooting hit twice but failed to wound either,

Warrior made a 6 on his To Hit Roll and wounded the spider the Greatsword has a Rending of 1 denying the spider his save roll(6+)

my turn to grab the loot and I got a Potion of Sure Striking +1 Melee Attack which I attached to my Warrior Priest.

The Exploraion Phase saw the Warriors move on further into the Dungeon.

TURN 5 Power Phase roll 1 Event
Event Card 4 Giant Spiders

Giant Spider
Movement -4
To Hit Roll - 5+
To Wound - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Damage - 1
Sp Ability - Venomous Bite - a 6 on the To Hit Roll causes 1 Mortal Wound, no save allowed

Warrior got battle blades again but fail to hit

Elf how to I say this hits then misses three times his melee attack wasn't good either.

(So just to clarify so fare kill count
Warrior 2 Elf 1 Priest 0 Wizard 13 Elf has had 4 attacks per turn technically :shifty:)

Priest fails to hit

Wizard let loose 1 Fist of Iron killing 1 now only having a Power store of 1 and failed his melee attack leaving 3 spiders to attack

on Warrior fail
on Priest fail
on Wizard fail

TURN 6 Power Phase roll 2

Elf move for a better angle of sight and
Hit:eyebrows: wound:eek: and killed:)
Hit:eyebrows: wound:eek: and killed:)
failed his last shot

Warrior again past his battle blades ability but hit once only to fail to wound

Priest finally made his presence known and scored a 6 on his To Hit Roll causing a critical hit which he wounded the Giant Spider denying him his save his first kill of the game:D
Treasure Card was taken by Lewis who got a Healing Potion (Heals 2 Wounds one use only). The Exploration Phase saw the Warriors move up to the door way ready

Richard
26-10-2015, 04:09
Continuing the path led to a couple of turns of un needed talk so I skip then like so

Turn 7 Power Phase roll 3 Dungeon Card revealed Straight Corridor

Turn 8 Power Phase roll 6 move along

Turn 9 Power Phase roll 6 move along
Turn 10 Power Phase Roll 5 move to doorway Dungeon Card revealed T-Junction
Turn 11 Power Phase Roll 3 move along taking left corridor

Turn 12 Power Phase Roll 5 Dungeon Card revealed T-Junction

221719 221715 Table Aerial Shots

Turn 13 Power Phase Roll 4

Turn 14 Power Phase Roll 5

Richard
26-10-2015, 05:51
Continuing the path led to
TURN 15 Power Phase roll 4
Dungeon Card Revealed Obective Room Lewis took the first two Events
6 Giant Spiders and 2D6 Giant Spiders which Lewis roll a 2&3 so 11 Giant Spiders in total

Giant Spider
Movement -4
To Hit Roll - 5+
To Wound - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Damage - 1

Tome Chamber Objective Room

Aerial shot of table

221735 221736 221737
Now out of the randomness of set up the Wizard ended up the unlucky one having 4 Giant Spiders pinned to her
Which seem unfair so a rules lawyer was brought in, which after close nose to model inspection said it was ok
(and the fact that the Wizard was doing better I thing someone got jealous :D )

So my answer to that so I went first

Priest use his Potion of Sure Striking +1 Melee Attack he fail his blessing and first attack but the bonus attack hit wound one dead spider

Wizard :cool:Item Ability Book of Knowledge Bound Spell Chain Lightening 5 Dead Spiders

:D:D:Dthen 2 Fist of Iron kills whoops I kill all around me so I can't make a melee attack:rolleyes: silly me.

Elf move out of combat and shot his bow again. he hit once but to no avail

Warrior decided to move into combat as there was no one near

3 remaining Spiders out of combat randomly pick 1 on the wizard and 2 on the warrior but the 2 on the warrior too fare away to get into combat
and the 1 on the wizard failed to wound.

221740 221741

TURN 16 Power Phase roll 6

Warrior and Elf wanted to grab the gold so

Elf Shadowfast ability moved next to Wizard to combat the Giant Spider and get line of sight to the 2 on the Warrior, he Hits and Wounds only for the spider to make his save:mad:

Warrior got into combat and got off his Battle blades ability but failed to hit

:cool:Wizard:cool: - Fist of Iron - Kill
Fist of Iron - Kill
Fist of Iron - Kill Done!:D

At the end the adventurers pick 2 Treasure cards Lewis got a Bag of 80 Gold Coins and I got a Wooden Shield +1 Armour save no Two-handed Weapons.

Reward 500 gold coins.

Richard
26-10-2015, 06:56
So what you guys think was that too detail wrong layout not enough pics although I do think I annoyed my cousin coz he wanted to carry on playing rather than waiting for me every 5 secs to put the camera down.

So after we are paid our due we set off again and come to another settlement a small town Lewis roll on the Travelling Hazards Table on got a 3 so we were fine.

So at this town's Market besides consumables the Blacksmith had for sale

Short Sword +1 To Hit Roll 300 gold

Mace +1 Rending Critical Chance on a 6 to hit double damage 320 gold

Chainmail +1 to your save roll 300 gold

well We Total up 850 gold that's with selling the Silver Chalice, Healing Potion and as I said I would give Lewis my Wooden Shield he sold his great sword and my Amulet of power so he could get the Short Sword and Chainmail Armour.

So the only change to our characters is Wulf Orcbane who now has Leg of Lamb, Short Sword, Chainmail Armour, Wooden Shield and Furs

Warrior Wulf Orcbane
Movement - 4
Wounds - D6+8 (14)
To Hit Roll Melee - 5+(4+)
To Hit Roll Range - /
To Wound Roll - 5+
Save Roll - 6+(3+)
Initiative - 3
Pinning - 5+
Rending - (+1)
Damage - 1
Melee Attacks - 1
Ranged Attacks - 0

So we finish in the settlement and after rolling 6 six for the chapel but no blessing on the Settlement I pick out three Treasure Cards weapons and armour for our next quest shuffled and Lewis picked out Blessed Plate Armour Warrior Priest Only, yea heal 2 wounds per turn instead of the 1 Heal I got at the moment.

221748 221747

So we started on the staircase and picked a random Dungeon Tile which was the T-Junction

TURN ONE Power Phase roll 5

we moved on taking the Left bend, the Wizard open the door to reveal large stone ceiling room with three stone statue coffins in the middle of the room.
Two Event Card picked up 6 Giant Spiders and 4 Giant Spiders.

Giant Spider
Movement -4
To Hit Roll - 5+
To Wound - 5+
Save Roll - 6+
Damage - 1

221743 221744

221746 221745

Richard
26-10-2015, 06:59
Wizard - she didn't want to mess around having the Giant Spiders hard up to them so she use her Book bound Spell Chain Lightening straight off, Killing off 5 and another 1 with a Fist of Iron.

Priest failed his Blessing but hit with a critical and wounded the Spider which in turn failed his save roll (or rather was denied it by the Critical Chance

Warrior failed all

Elf sadly failed all as well

TURN TWO Power Phase roll 1!!!!!

I rolled the dice and got to my horror

Event Card 1D6+3 Giant Bats (7)

Which weirdly enough all failed their Ambush attacks again or failed to wound.

Wizard had 5 stored power and use Fist of Iron twice and killed the two Giant Bats pinning the Elf in freeing him to move for a better angle for ranged attacks. Her Melee attacks failed

Priest got off his Blessing but failed to do anything with it.

Warrior still having a bad day failed everything

Elf move away from the battle and peppered the bats with arrows which again all failed. (Me thinks you need a better bow:p

Monsters turn saw spiders pick the elf with the random counters and the bats close in on the wizard and warrior.
Spider fail against Elf
2nd Spider got a Mortal Wound off on the Elf
3rd hit wounded but the Elf made his saving roll

3 bats attacked the Wizard but all failed
same with the Warrior three bats all missed

Lewis didn't want any muck ups so he rolled the power dice....

TURN THREE Power Phase roll 1!!!!!!:p

221831 221830

Event Card 5 Giant Spiders

Wizard now having no reserved power (1) attacks and wounds with her melee attack but the spider saves it

Priest failed

Warrior failed:shifty:

Elf move right into the corner my portrait photos always put landscape with warseer I don't know why and killed 1 spider.

Monsters turn saw a mortal wound on the Priest and another on the Elf from the spiders he left who followed him into the corner :D

TURN FOUR Power Phase roll 4

Priest heals his lost wound with his ring of regeneration and misses again

Wizard use two Iron Fists but only manage to kill one of the three spiders ganging up on the Elf her melee attack on the bat failed too

Elf managed to kill the spider in combat and then shoot the other behind it. Lewis was so happy I took another pic lol

Warrior :D finally got into the fray and we had our first DEATHBLOW! although he failed his Battle Blades ability he killed the spider in one swoop allowing him to continued into the bat which he also killed yay!

Monster Turn saw a mortal wound on the priest from the spiders special ability. and a total of 5 mighty save rolls from the adventurers.

TURN FIVE Power Phase roll 2 (Phew)

Wizard shot off another Fist of Iron for another kill and hit with her melee and wounds but is irritably saved

Priest failed blessing but got once again a critical on a spider

Elf shot three shots off at the bats who all ignore them

Warrior also killed off a bat

Monsters Turn also saw hits and misses but nothing to report

TURN SIX Power Phase roll 6

This is where time is up and how we left it till next time I enjoy do you?

Richard
18-05-2016, 13:06
I thought I throw this for show even though Sliver Tower has finally come out. inspired by others with ideas I wanted to make my Orcs bigger than the standard GWS Orc Warrior so I try doing a simple conversion on the Nobz from the Assault on Black Reach boxset. simple cut at the elbow to swing the arm in weapon and head swapz and this is what I got. Swords are normal warriors axes are leaders but I change the axe heads properly to warhammer based ones

So what do you think? simple, but it does the job.

227811 227813

227812 227814

Andy_T
21-05-2016, 21:54
Simple but very effective :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Richard
22-05-2016, 12:58
Simple but very effective :)

That's what I wanted trying to keep the original static look from the box set models. Ok due to no fault of my own :rolleyes: the Event Card I drew in real life was a broken toe, after a fall down a flight of stairs not to bad. could of been a poison dart or something. Point is my preorder is still in shop and I cannot get to it for three weeks but it still be there when I get it. Been staring at the images on my computer for so long I already want to convert the Marauder to be more gifted by the hands of Tzeentch

Remove the head and replace with the khorne Lord on Juggernaut one and trim the horn and bade off shoulder pad and skull

And replace the axe arm with the arm holding a tzaangors head in the box but convert the arm to have a tentacle coming down as a third arm from underneath the fur at the shoulders. not sure yet have to play it out.

And so people don't think I become idle in the time waiting in dungeons for Warseer to come back on.
My trial versions of Treasure Cards enjoy

Richard
24-05-2016, 02:12
Hi right believe this is finally done so fingers cross, don't ask me aobut prices coz am crap at that so any problems just hauler and please let me know what you think, design, txt etc thank you

Happy Questing

Richard
24-05-2016, 09:28
Next instalment Blue Cards, again let me know I see if I can upload the Very Rare Orange Cards later today.

227984 227985

227986 227987

227988 227989

Happy Questing

Richard
24-05-2016, 09:30
Second Wave

227991 227992

227993 227994

227995 227996

Happy Questing

Richard
29-05-2016, 21:33
Ok thought I let everyone know i'm thinking of restarting a new thread and closing this one, main reason is that I got 9 pages worth of blank photos which I can't get back up so I if I redo all the photos I will just have added 9 pages of me posts tp this thread which I rather do that on a new thread. I've played the new game, I do like it, it won't replace the original but I like it enough to get it and go with it, I already started playing Quest with AOS stat lines and abilities from their rulebooks which besides the hero dice destiny board and behaviour table Its what I have been playing with family. so am going to try it. Even if I lose interest I got the original to revert too, I love the idea they got of a never ending labyrinth dungeon and I can always play original style with tzeentch models. I don't have much in terms of original so its not like I have wasted a lot of money as too getting a lot of models and content in one place. I got an idea for a new concept for tiles using my existing ones which there would be no turning back once its done but I like the theme they got to try it. once I get a lot together I will repost, fresh start anyway

Richard
07-06-2016, 15:52
Orange Treasure Cards

Richard
07-06-2016, 15:55
Orange Cards part 2

Richard
06-12-2016, 03:40
Glad Warseer is up its been too long without the community, though I do fear that a lot of people don't know warseer is back online, hopefully word will get back out. anyway yet again all my photos I cant get back the old why I can't bothers me as everyone else has theirs, anyway I will restart a new thread soon

can anyone tell me why everytime I try to upload new jpg pics its coming up error 500 and how to get round it I can get up latest pics then

Shas'El Tael
07-12-2016, 05:56
Thinking attachments have a glitch presently, if you can host via another site it would be sorted. I believe the new owners are working on it ASAP.

Richard
07-12-2016, 19:47
Thinking attachments have a glitch presently, if you can host via another site it would be sorted. I believe the new owners are working on it ASAP.

Thanks Sha'El I know I can rely on you, well I 'm going to start afresh with a sliver tower twist idea for a project, if I didn't hear about warseer coming back I was going to put my new project on DMBgames website as am hopefully going to do blogs for andy that runs the company. I can wait but I just don't want to start afresh download lots of pics for them to disappear on me again. really really want to show what I have been doing.

Shas'El Tael
14-12-2016, 02:08
Man get involved on the site that has you as a resident blogger, don't wait around :D

Richard
14-12-2016, 23:59
He redoing the site and hes sorting out his 2nd kickstarter first.

pics still not working

Daemonslave
15-12-2016, 08:14
If you host them on photobucket or a similar site then you can put images up :)

Richard
17-12-2016, 03:37
ok I try photos I already got on bucket see if it works.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Death%20Guard%20The%20Herald/nurgle008.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Death%20Guard%20The%20Herald/nurgle008.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Death%20Guard%20The%20Herald/nurgle3006.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Death%20Guard%20The%20Herald/nurgle3006.jpg.html)

Richard
17-12-2016, 03:37
oh yay it works

Richard
17-12-2016, 05:43
Ok took forever to upload them so I only post a few of what I got. I like the idea of the gods watching and playing their game with the mortals, but I saw it from a different angle straight off. The game reminded me of Jason and the Argonauts, so this is what I came up with the models see the real world around them... the players see the mortals on a floating board where the world of tzeentch is there constantly in motion, the models see a pit of despair the players see the warp monster at the bottom of the pit etc. and my kids are up, I will down photos tomorrow

Richard
17-12-2016, 19:48
ok so the idea is the gaming board is floating in the air
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4483.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4483.jpg.html)

the world around the board or under neath it is suppose to be tzeentch floating rocks is what came to my mind so plastic rocky cliffs really did hit the I found it idea.
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4484.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4484.jpg.html)

so I got a now good friend whoses company does laser cutting cutting out the floating bases to go with the tiles I have. the test piece came out as follows, but to keep it short just as I imagine it.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5238.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5238.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5240.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5240.jpg.html)

Richard
17-12-2016, 20:46
my metal hero conversions

Dwarf Ironbreaker
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5615.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5615.jpg.html)
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5618.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5618.jpg.html)

Maruader thou I like the axe conversion I'm not sure with the final look.
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5619.jpg

Imperial Noble
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5621.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_5621.jpg.html)

Bretonnian Knight
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_6329.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_6329.jpg.html)
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_6333.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_6333.jpg.html)

Richard
18-12-2016, 06:11
Simons package of five new flying tile board sets arrived yesterday I just got to wait till Monday to buy the clear glue that am using to make it, then I actually have a dungeon to play on, and able to start batch painting the cliffs underneath the flooring was going for pinks purples and blues like the white dwarf magazines when sliver tower was release.

Daemonslave
18-12-2016, 08:54
A Corrupter as a Bretonian Knight? Blasphemy! Some very nice conversions here, and the board looks interesting. Are you planning on having walls? It's a long way down if a model is bumped!

Richard
18-12-2016, 17:54
Well yes but is background is that he lost his horse and took bodily damage in the wars against the plague armies of the north, his faith and favour of the lake saved him but the damage means he is the silent knight and never takes his armour off. if I can get enough of it or get simon to make it a very low level wall will be put in parts but not entirely and am hoping there wont be bumps, what I'm doing for scenery is that each tile will have extra tiles attach so the scenery will be place on them and the playing area will not be effected but the scenery will be visable

Richard
18-12-2016, 18:24
So my horrors I love but wanted little differences so done a lot of hand swaps

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4574.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4574.jpg.html)

For the Tzzangors and Alycotes I didn't want the different weapon layouts, I wanted the gameplay to be simple and straight forward only higher opponents will have different weapon options.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4551.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4551.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4550.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4550.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4525.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4525.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4522.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4522.jpg.html)

Orcs are a fav but not the models they have I wanted them bigger as standard so I used the nobs from the starter box set you get think 40k one awhile back and the first idea was a Orc boss with Big Choppa

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4354.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4354.jpg.html)

Followed by standard Orc with Shields

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4350.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4350.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4349.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/IMG_4349.jpg.html)

Richard
18-12-2016, 22:30
Ok so as u can guess warseer may have been down for months but that didn't mean I was. I still want to use the original characters but with Silver Tower Rules an abilities. so with much thought and re-looking at the character backgrounds in the quest rules from 1995 and the character leaflets which were given with each model. am happy with the rules (which already exists with characters from the app, just name swaps and adjusted a little...little) that I am going to trial with.Let me know what u think

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/WarDancer.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/WarDancer.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Warrior%20Priest.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Warrior%20Priest.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Imperial%20Noble.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Imperial%20Noble.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Jade%20Wizard.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Jade%20Wizard.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Witch%20Hunter.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Witch%20Hunter.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Pit%20Fighter.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Pit%20Fighter.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Maruader.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Maruader.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Bretonian%20Knight.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Bretonian%20Knight.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Grey%20Wizard_1.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Grey%20Wizard_1.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Elf%20Archmage.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Elf%20Archmage.png.html)

Richard
18-12-2016, 22:31
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Elf%20Prince.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Elf%20Prince.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Bright%20Wizard.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Bright%20Wizard.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Dwarf%20Slayer.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Dwarf%20Slayer.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Dwarf%20Ironbreaker.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Dwarf%20Ironbreaker.png.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/Elf%20Waywatcher_1.png (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/Elf%20Waywatcher_1.png.html)

Richard
24-12-2016, 00:22
Hey everyone ok so this will be my last update this year, and I look to starting the new thread next year, manage to glue 4 out of the 5 resin tiles to the pdfbases with good success just have to wait to more glue after xmas. pics below so on that note to you all have a merry Christmas everyone.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_193333.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_193333.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_193615.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_193615.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_193746.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_193746.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_200721.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_200721.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_200735.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_200735.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_201213.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_201213.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_201306.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_201306.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_201409.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_201409.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_202533.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_202533.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Richard-Burston/Silver%20Tower/20161218_203516.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/Richard-Burston/media/Silver%20Tower/20161218_203516.jpg.html)

Easygrin
26-12-2016, 19:13
These cards are fantastic so great Warseer is up again for Christmas when I'm at my inlaws in gothenborg Sweden. I had lost a bit spirit lately lost my job and all but now I'm excited to get back in whq. Thanks to great posts like these

Richard
08-01-2017, 10:34
Hi so as of now this thread is closed I will start a new thread