PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Knights (not fantasy)

PrivateLucky
11-03-2014, 16:53
I reallllly want to start an Iron Warriors army. One with a Warsmith, maulerfiends, hellfiends, helldrakes, and chaos knights. The only issue is that they are "Imperial Knights" not "Chaos Knights". There is a dark Mechanicum right? Why aren't there Chaos Knights? I'd really love to run my daemonic engine army, it doesn't matter to me that chaos knights don't have the daemonic possession ability. I just want to run knights in my army.

IcedCrow
11-03-2014, 16:59
In our group and at our gw store chaos can take them as allies of convienience. Talk with your group

warlordbob
12-03-2014, 00:15
There almost certainly will be, as House Dagon is mentioned as traitor House in either companion or Codex, taking to the field in large numbers against a loyalist group. It just makes good business sense for either a full plastic kit plus Codex, or for Forgeworld to the reins and do a conversion set, either way its more money for the coffers.

mostlyharmless
12-03-2014, 16:43
I was annoyed when I saw that Allies chart as well. I was thinking "What the hell? They don't want me to buy two of them?" I had been planning on two of them, one for my Iron Warriors and another for my Black Templars.

druchii
12-03-2014, 22:32
I'm sure there will be eventually. I hope.

I too was really disappointed that you can ally Imperial Guard to CSM, but not Imperial Knights. I guess if you were really dedicated you could have guard+CSM and a Knight that way.

d

LegioDestructor
13-03-2014, 02:49
I'm guessing that Chaos Knights will be their own release just as the Imperial Knights were. GW has to spread out their stuff if they are to release something every week. And it's an opportunity for them to sell another mini-Codex / companion guide / etc. They're still allowable in Apocalypse games, and as IcedCrow mentioned just ask your group. Personally I think it's a good excuse to ally a small IG force to your Iron Warriors like druchii mentioned - and I plan on doing so eventually. HQ and Vets in Chimeras, 2 Hellhounds, and 2 enclosed artillery tanks comes to less than 900pts. So add the Knight and 1600pts of Chaos for a nice 3,000pt game.

I'm just curious as to what they will be armed with as Chaos doesn't have too many unique ranged weapons. Larger versions of the Baleflamer, Ectoplasma, or Hades AC, and maybe an energy flail CCW. Possibly daemon weapons, or something entirely new, if they go that route at all. Could just be a slightly different model with the same RFBC+CCW.

I'm sure that if the Slaaneshi Hell-Knights are reintroduced at all they will be a Forge World creation, although Khorne and Nurgle seem to get most of the attention. A Khornate Daemon-Knight with twin Chainfists and a Baleflamer tail would be pretty awesome I think! I want to make my own datasheets but I know FW will eventually just make something amazing.

gwarsh41
13-03-2014, 14:58
Give the chaos an apocalyptic template baleflamer or some of those crazy turbo assault cannons the forgefiend has and an sD CCW and call it good.

and by good I mean horribly rage inducing.

mostlyharmless
13-03-2014, 17:19
The IG with CSM as an allied detachment could work, and it would give me more reason to field more heavy artillery with my Iron Warriors. Nothing says "Iron Within, Iron Without" like throwing a whole bunch of iron on the battlefield.

Kingly
13-03-2014, 17:49
It is strange, and it does destroy the whole "GW's all about the moneh" Arguments a little.
I'd anticipate a Chaos release with a potential mutations add on conversion kit...

agurus1
13-03-2014, 18:32
I would allow CSM players to take one as an Ally until the (I hope) forthcoming release or supplement that allows it for reals. As for weapons. Why can't it use the same ones? After all, they are the same vehicles just corrupted. And chaos already has battle cannons (Defiler) so a Paladin setup is likely, maybe something different instead of the Errant?

druchii
13-03-2014, 18:49
It is strange, and it does destroy the whole "GW's all about the moneh" Arguments a little.
I'd anticipate a Chaos release with a potential mutations add on conversion kit...

It actually reinforces it, don't you think?

Now they can release a separate box, a separate book and separate companion for the Chaos Knights...

Not that I really can fault any company for being "all about the money", since that's the entire point of a company, and all. ;)

I'm also hoping for some really sweet chaos stuff from forgeworld to inspire my conversions.

d

Hawkkf
13-03-2014, 18:57

Now they can release a separate box, a separate book and separate companion for the Chaos Knights...

Not that I really can fault any company for being "all about the money", since that's the entire point of a company, and all. ;)

I'm also hoping for some really sweet chaos stuff from forgeworld to inspire my conversions.

d

This is pretty much it. They want all of the chaos stuff to look different enough that they can copyright the design. If they made it 'street legal' for chaos versions then it is possible for a ton of third party conversion kits to pop up without them being able to do too much. When they do make chaos versions I expect them to get individual names and appearance similar to thier epic origins.

Hawkkf
13-03-2014, 18:57

d

This is pretty much it. They want all of the chaos stuff to look different enough that they can copyright the design. If they made it 'street legal' for chaos versions then it is possible for a ton of third party conversion kits to pop up without them being able to do too much. When they do make chaos versions I expect them to get individual names and appearance similar to thier epic origins.