PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Rumours March/ April 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Timathius
12-03-2014, 18:12
I am guessing that the thread was BALETED due to the pictures etc. that were posted in there of GW IP etc.

Let us continue the discussion? (please mods) and please do not directly post pictures of white dwarf etc. as it is against Warseer policy currently.

Current confirmed release

Codex Astra Militarum/ Imperial Guard
Ogryns/ bullgryns
Hydra flak tank/ Wyvern mortar combi kit
Order Cards

Wyvern is on a chimera Chassis

two twin linked mortars with shred and ignore cover st 4 ap 6 (might be two shots each)

Clam pack commissar

ETA: Preoder 4/5 for release 4/12

Codex Supplement Militarum Tempestus/ Storm Troopers
Scions/ Stormtroops in plastic
Taurox Tank/half trak/ recon vehicle/ who knows

ETA: RELEASED

Ok, so I have been asked to plumb the depths of my foggy memory for more details. If you want my best description, please check my other entry under codex inquisition, but the scions box is meant to represent both stormies and vets. It had a crap ton of weapon options, a bunch of pistols, auto, and hellpistols, about 15 different heads, only 6 with berets (there is a non facemask beret head extra to replace the dude with the mask if you don't want him. I saw shotguns, hellguns, autoguns, close combat weapons, a TON of pouches, accessories, radios, all 4 special weapons, and even 1 or 2 guns I couldn't immediately identify. You've seen the cloak, and the standard, but there were also bits for a medic.

Rules
Orders increased to nine
Marbo is gone
Vendetta is in (maybe) at 170 with 6 transport capacity
New ogryns (aka bullgryns) appear to have two load outs
Possibility for leman Russ commanders for hq.

Daigar
12-03-2014, 18:16
What were the pictures of? I missed the last 10 pages or so.

Sildani
12-03-2014, 18:25
Huh. It was killed WHILE I was looking for the pics. Efficient.

Also: baleted?

Theocracity
12-03-2014, 18:30
Huh. It was killed WHILE I was looking for the pics. Efficient.

Also: baleted?

Strong Bad reference.

The pics were of the new Stormtroopers (renamed Scions) and their command squad, the Taurox transport, Ogryn, Bullgryn, and the Hydra. I bet you could find them elsewhere pretty easily.

Smooth Boy
12-03-2014, 18:40
On a slight side note I love the old 2nd generation stromtroopers with the metal hood things, do people think these will get discontinued once the scions come out?

Timathius
12-03-2014, 18:44
On a slight side note I love the old 2nd generation stromtroopers with the metal hood things, do people think these will get discontinued once the scions come out?

its possible, but we havent seen a truly clear picture of the new stormies yet. they could possibly be in the same vein of helmet. I for one couldn't tell what they looked like.

Barghest
12-03-2014, 18:47
Soldani, the pics are still up on Natfka if you want to see them.

Smooth Boy
12-03-2014, 18:52
True, I'm hoping there's an option to give them helmets. They appear to be a mash up between the 1st generation stormtroopers with the really old Guard style armour that looked like a knights breast plate. I don't know if I'm sold on them, I'd generally encourage GW to follow its Gothic theme but when it comes to the Guard you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Edit: Yeah having another look since yesterday they have grown on me, but agreed, the Ogryns and Taurox are abominations.

Spiney Norman
12-03-2014, 18:59
True, I'm hoping there's an option to give them helmets. They appear to be a mash up between the 1st generation stormtroopers with the really old Guard style armour that looked like a knights breast plate. I don't know if I'm sold on them, I'd generally encourage GW to follow its Gothic theme but when it comes to the Guard you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

I really like the storm troopers, its the ogryns I find hilarious, I don't know who in the design studio came up with Grandpa Ogryn with his cute little hitler tache, but they should be given the GW award for best comedy miniature.

AngryAngel
12-03-2014, 19:02
Well hopefully it will maintain being a thread, this one, for awhile, otherwise I'll see you all in the next one. Looking forward to seeing what other kits are on the horizon as well what the hydra combines with.

Edit: on the Ogryns, that mustache really gives me a wtf face. Why would an ogryn manage facial hair ?

Avian
12-03-2014, 19:27
Grandpa Ogryn with his cute little hitler tache, ...
WTF? Please look again.

Theocracity
12-03-2014, 19:30
WTF? Please look again.

Hehe, glad I'm not the only one with that reaction. I don't recall Hitler ever sporting a goatee.

It is a bit clean for an Ogryn, IMO, but I don't call any facial hair I don't like Hitler ;).

Chem-Dog
12-03-2014, 19:31
Having seen the Taurox, Scions, Ogryn/Bullgryn, Hydra and the MT Codex, I'm left thinking this release is a little cockeyed. Has the Astra Militarum Codex been confirmed to drop alongside these or are we going

Edit: on the Ogryns, that mustache really gives me a wtf face. Why would an ogryn manage facial hair ?

Wouldn't be unthinkable for a Bonehead at least. A child's intellect combined with the obedience of a dog may lead them to attempt to ape their commander . it could even be a nod to the "civilising" influence of the Imperium on the Ogryn. Not saying I like it though.

Timathius
12-03-2014, 19:39
Having seen the Taurox, Scions, Ogryn/Bullgryn, Hydra and the MT Codex, I'm left thinking this release is a little cockeyed. Has the Astra Militarum Codex been confirmed to drop alongside these or are we going

Wouldn't be unthinkable for a Bonehead at least. A child's intellect combined with the obedience of a dog may lead them to attempt to ape their commander . it could even be a nod to the "civilising" influence of the Imperium on the Ogryn. Not saying I like it though.

AStra Militarum Codex was seen, it has a commissar and cadians on the front. As far as timing goes, Faeit (I know, terrible source) was "recieved" a schedule saying it will be up on the 22nd for preorder.

Spiney Norman
12-03-2014, 19:43
WTF? Please look again.

Sorry, hitler tache + goatee because the goatee makes all the difference...

We don't know exactly when the Astra Militarum codex and ogryns come out, but we do know that the Stormtroopers codex, the Stormtroopers and the taurox all preorder on 29th march and release on 5th April.

Tebrey
12-03-2014, 19:54
Dude, do you even know what a Hitler tache looks like? Charlie Chaplin had a hitler tache, not this Ogryn.

I for one, like the new Ogryn. In particular, I like the better looking bone-heads. Including the older guy with the moustache.

MagicHat
12-03-2014, 20:01
That is not a Hitler 'stache damnit.

It is not even quite the level of a Stalin moustache, (because his was pointed slightly upward, the ogryns are pointed downward).

Defintely not Hitlers though, this bonehead have better style then that.

Sildani
12-03-2014, 20:12
Soldani, the pics are still up on Natfka if you want to see them.

Thanks, but they're not. There was a link to the pics hosted on a Spanish blog, and the owner of that blog took them down, citing an email he'd received from GW stating the pics were a violation of GW's IP. This all happened within the past 24 hours. Truly, the Inquisition is efficient.

Timathius
12-03-2014, 20:16
Thanks, but they're not. There was a link to the pics hosted on a Spanish blog, and the owner of that blog took them down, citing an email he'd received from GW stating the pics were a violation of GW's IP. This all happened within the past 24 hours. Truly, the Inquisition is efficient.

Wow, GW usually takes far longer to issue that type of thing.

tiger g
12-03-2014, 20:17
Sorry, hitler tache + goatee because the goatee makes all the difference...

We don't know exactly when the Astra Militarum codex and ogryns come out, but we do know that the Stormtroopers codex, the Stormtroopers and the taurox all preorder on 29th march and release on 5th April.

??? not sure where that is from. More like Teddy Roosevelt, Cliff Clavin or numerous other round face men with a full mustache.

Akwikone
12-03-2014, 21:53
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway, back on to the subject of rumors. Has there been any buzz on rules? I would guess at least some kind of change to Valk/Vendetta and the loss of any codex specific psychic powers. Ogryns/Bullgryns seem to have at least a missile launcher looking weapon and what looks like a TL Punisher(Maybe just a big assault cannon?) on the new tank.

The Emperor
12-03-2014, 21:59
I doubt it's an assault cannon. The barrel isn't right. A Twin-Linked Punisher would be overpowered, but it might be a lesser version of the Punisher. Sort of the comparison between a Thermal Cannon and a Multi-Melta.

Akwikone
12-03-2014, 22:09
I doubt it's an assault cannon. The barrel isn't right. A Twin-Linked Punisher would be overpowered, but it might be a lesser version of the Punisher. Sort of the comparison between a Thermal Cannon and a Multi-Melta.

Well, As far as overpowered, that's assuming they don't change the rules for the Punisher and we also don't know the point cost, so I wouldn't put money on it not being a Punisher, but to be fair, I wouldn't put money on it being a Punisher...

After looking again, I definitely agree that it's not an assault cannon, just comparing to the Storm Talon and Baal Predator.

Beppo1234
12-03-2014, 23:00
Wow, GW usually takes far longer to issue that type of thing.

it's interesting, I find they put the axe on pre released pics faster, if they are getting bad word of mouth. Pics of the knight went up, and it was all: 'ooooh, and ahhhhh, so pretty'! Those pics went up and stayed up. Pics of the guard went up and it was like: 'meh, ok, but kind of sucks' and the pics got axed real quick.

GW seems to chase things when the reaction is bad, but let them slide when the reaction is good. I can't remember of instances of this off hand, but I feel like it's definitely happened before.

AngryAngel
12-03-2014, 23:18

It could be a lesser version of the punisher cannon just for that vehicle ? Otherwise I'd imagine it is a twin linked version of the punisher cannon. Considering the current state of 40k I can't even say it would be that over powered. You hardly see punisher tanks rolling around everywhere do ya ? You can twin link them as well with some divination from an ally.

Perhaps someone needs to start a thread in general on the Mustache, and once it releases we can all comment on it and get heated. I know I'd post regularly to such a worth cause.

Davidian
12-03-2014, 23:35
It could be a lesser version of the punisher cannon just for that vehicle ?

Twin-linked Gatling Stubber sounds plausible...

The Emperor
12-03-2014, 23:41
It could be a lesser version of the punisher cannon just for that vehicle ? Otherwise I'd imagine it is a twin linked version of the punisher cannon. Considering the current state of 40k I can't even say it would be that over powered. You hardly see punisher tanks rolling around everywhere do ya ? You can twin link them as well with some divination from an ally.

Perhaps someone needs to start a thread in general on the Mustache, and once it releases we can all comment on it and get heated. I know I'd post regularly to such a worth cause.

Well, I figure it might be considered overpowered given that the Leman Russ Punisher is 180 points while the bog standard Leman Russ Battle Tank is 150 points, so GW at least seems to think it's better than a Battle Cannon (although I'd disagree). A Twin-Linked version is definitely better, and while it may not be overpowered on a 180 point vehicle, it may be overpowered on a transport which is likely cheaper and can effectively be spammed. So that's why I find it hard to believe that it's a standard Punisher Gatling Cannon, as you'll probably be able to take more Taurox's then you'll be able to take Leman Russ Punisher's, for fewer points, and all Twin-Linked.

But hey, GW might decide that that's acceptable and do it anyway, so who knows? It'd be funny, though, to take an Imperial Guard Infantry Squad and give them a transport which can throw out more devastating firepower than the squad it's carrying. :p

AngryAngel
12-03-2014, 23:42
Well Hitler or Stalin, either way it is linked to someone pretty evil.

Edit: Yes but at 180 it is awfully over costed and rarely seen because of such. As well that is on a heavily armored tank. When the punisher was put out first, a heavy 20 seemed to be awe inspiring, when you do the math, it isn't all that amazing as guard players all learned quickly enough. As well, the GW of that last guard book release and the GW of today think many other things aren't over powered. Such as super heavies in regular games, for instance.

So bearing in mind that 180 pts was over expensive and under performing on a higher AV vehicle, I don't think that weapon on a transport will be too menacing with worse vehicle rules of this edition. As well much lower AV means it will be destroyed much sooner and easier then its Leman russ cousin.

Though really this is all possible debate of course of what it'll count as.

Naulaen
12-03-2014, 23:51
For pictures search "voxnetradio", they still have them posted.

I don't have tapatalk so read this instead.

Bigglesworth
12-03-2014, 23:59
I don't see why all ogryns have to be rag tag... Sure ones recruited from planetary labour pools at short notice might need rag tag equipment, but the Imperium uses them on an industrial scale, and has done for thousands of years, there's no reason they can't fashion more uniform gear for such occasions.

Pariah-Miniatures
13-03-2014, 00:16
I saw it and thought, diabetus, and then how out of place it looks. Then I noticed how they look like ogre kingdoms in space. I'm fine with the idea that they are ignorant and disproportioned large beings, I just don't see why most need to have no necks.

BTJ
13-03-2014, 00:31
I love the moustache. I can easily see some poor sap in a regiment from somewhere like Paetoria hacking off his superior officer and being punished by having to ensure the Ogryns look immaculate and presentable at all times. Throw in all his descendants being saddled with the now hereditary position and you have a decent reflection of the Imperium's background in a small optional detail on a model

my_name_is_tudor
13-03-2014, 00:40
I am from the UK, where Citadel stuff is designed, and haven't the foggiest what this 'diabetus' reference means.

I don't want to know either, I'm just making the point.

nosebiter
13-03-2014, 00:55
I love the moustache. I can easily see some poor sap in a regiment from somewhere like Paetoria hacking off his superior officer and being punished by having to ensure the Ogryns look immaculate and presentable at all times. Throw in all his descendants being saddled with the now hereditary position and you have a decent reflection of the Imperium's background in a small optional detail on a model

It looks stupid.

Cartoonish is the word that springs to mind when i look at the ogryns.

Horrible is the next word...

Timathius
13-03-2014, 01:20
Did we ever figure out what that weapon on the side of the taurox is? It's huge and guard could always use more big guns.

stevegill
13-03-2014, 01:25
Eh, I saw that mustache and I immediately thought of a high society 19th century British gentleman in a suit sitting in a leather chair, sipping tea, smoking a cigar, and eating crumpets in the company of his fellows at the local Gentleman's Club.

Whereas I immediately thought Col. Sanders and the deep South :D

Voss
13-03-2014, 02:08
I am from the UK, where Citadel stuff is designed, and haven't the foggiest what this 'diabetus' reference means.

I don't want to know either, I'm just making the point.
Its a cultural difference (as is the idea of making a point without wanting to know. Tough luck- you get the précis for free). Design-wise, its almost certainly a callback to 19th/early 20th century British gentlemen (and military officers), but to American eyes, its a reminder of nothing more than Wilford Brimley, the spokesman for an anti-diabetes ad campaign. And was (in the thought of modern pop culture) a walrus. But mostly he did a lot of movies and tv shows in the 70s/early 80s, which really says a lot about cultural memory, since that style of mustache (or other similarly excessive facial hair) was ridiculously common in mid to late 19th century America as well.

my_name_is_tudor
13-03-2014, 02:14
...but to American eyes, its a reminder of nothing more than Wilford Brimley, the spokesman for an anti-diabetes ad campaign.

Okay, but that's just an unfortunate coincidence. We can't expect GW to research the cultural implications of the facial hair the put on a single Ogryn.

Darnok
13-03-2014, 02:21
Okay, but that's just an unfortunate coincidence. We can't expect GW to research the cultural implications of the facial hair the put on a single Ogryn.

I have no doubts they were aware of that.

my_name_is_tudor
13-03-2014, 02:26
I have no doubts they were aware of that.

Not sure which 'they' you mean.

WordBearer
13-03-2014, 02:38
I don't see anything wrong with a Wilford Brimley Ogryn.

Darnok
13-03-2014, 02:39
Not sure which 'they' you mean.

The designers and sculptors behind the new Ogryns.

Son of Morkai
13-03-2014, 03:09
Consider the average Ogryn's eating habits and body mass. There's a decent chance that it has DIABETUS. Hell, that even sounds like a proper space latin name for a Bone 'ed.

Wolf Lord Balrog
13-03-2014, 07:58
I definitely need an IG Allied Detachment now, just so I can have an Ogryn squad led by Bone 'Ead Diabeetus and his left-hand man Sloth. :D

hangnail
13-03-2014, 08:04
Sorry to not have an opinion on the facial hair, but is that a standard Russ hull next to the Hydra in the picture leak? It doesn't look like it to me. I can see the sponson, and that's fine, but the space between the tracks looks... empty. Has anyone got better resolution or a better imagination than me to nut this one out?

philbrad2
13-03-2014, 08:43
Lets quit the facial hair reference and elderly US actors shall we and get this news and rumour thread back on track. First and last warning.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

Dr Zoidberg
13-03-2014, 08:45
So what is the rumoured release date for the new IG Codex?

Ghost42
13-03-2014, 08:52
I would be inclined to agree, I am not a fan of the new Ogryn look....they look like they should be OLD models. Not something new in this day and age..Just my opinion, dont waste your time ripping me a new one...I dont care lol

Avian
13-03-2014, 09:07
So what is the rumoured release date for the new IG Codex?

April 12, presumably.

Bugaboo
13-03-2014, 09:24
I like the look of the new Storm Troopers. They are like a mix of the carapace armoured ones that became the norm, and the old school ones that looked like plastic Cadians with berrets and wires coming out of their lasguns. If anyone besides me remembers they existed. xD

I think they even did rules for fielding them as an army in a white dwarf, or something. Or maybe a platoon? I forget. This is of course back in the days before the FoC.

Dr Zoidberg
13-03-2014, 09:47
April 12, presumably.

Oh, my birthday. Lucky me!

BTJ
13-03-2014, 10:01
April 12, presumably.
Yeah, wasn't the rumour that the TM supplement with the Scions and Taurox are week one? Which seems kind of odd, the supplement releases before the codex, that hasn't happened before.

Shibboleth
13-03-2014, 10:47
Cos it's not a supplement.

Chem-Dog
13-03-2014, 11:11
Yeah, wasn't the rumour that the TM supplement with the Scions and Taurox are week one? Which seems kind of odd, the supplement releases before the codex, that hasn't happened before.

It's not a supplement, it's a whole codex. A separate Storm trooper army.

As it appears there are two 'Dexes released in two-three weeks, it's possible there'll be a cluster of models accompanying each. If Codex:MilTemp were a supplement, I'd not expect models to be attached, but in this case, do we expect C:AstMil to be a model-less release? Seems odd nes pas?

Daigar
13-03-2014, 11:24
I don't mind the moustache. I mind how his arm looks like it was grafted from someone else and attached in the wrong place. The proportions are all wrong, I think WFB ogres would still make better Ogryns.

Avian
13-03-2014, 12:16
It's not a supplement, it's a whole codex. A separate Storm trooper army.

As it appears there are two 'Dexes released in two-three weeks, it's possible there'll be a cluster of models accompanying each. If Codex:MilTemp were a supplement, I'd not expect models to be attached, but in this case, do we expect C:AstMil to be a model-less release? Seems odd nes pas?
Everything is a bit weird these days, but the IG 'dex seems like it will be out week 2 in April, together with the Ogryn and the Hydra. So it's not THAT weird.

With regards to calling the Storm Trooper thingy a codex or a supplement, that's a matter of definition. The Inquisition thingy was called a Codex, but really it's just a subset of the GK 'dex, so it's mostly a codex in name only. I suspect the Storm Troopers will be the same.

Spiney Norman
13-03-2014, 12:26
Sorry to not have an opinion on the facial hair, but is that a standard Russ hull next to the Hydra in the picture leak? It doesn't look like it to me. I can see the sponson, and that's fine, but the space between the tracks looks... empty. Has anyone got better resolution or a better imagination than me to nut this one out?

I'm pretty sure its a standard Russ, I think its just the angle and the camouflage scheme that make it hard to tell. If you look between the two middle gun barrels of the hydra you can see the rear part of the Russ in cream camo, and the exhaust ports behind that which seem to be floating in the air (assuming the lower part of the chassis is painted in dark green camo that blends in with the shadows).

Sandlemad
13-03-2014, 12:32
With regards to calling the Storm Trooper thingy a codex or a supplement, that's a matter of definition. The Inquisition thingy was called a Codex, but really it's just a subset of the GK 'dex, so it's mostly a codex in name only. I suspect the Storm Troopers will be the same.

I daresay the list will just be a stormtrooper squad (or 'Scions', rather), a stormie command squad, the taurox, a valkyrie and possibly a commissar for the schola progenium link.

The stormtroopers look excellent, I am very much in favour of the new carapace armour design, but is that guy with the sceptre wearing an elizabethan ruff over his carapace? Weird.
The ogryns are ok, though Nork Deddog really seems to be hurting for detail for a special character. A shame, as the WHFB plastic characters seem to do fine. His armour looks faintly chaotic too.

Crazy Ivan
13-03-2014, 12:51
The stormtroopers look excellent, I am very much in favour of the new carapace armour design, but is that guy with the sceptre wearing an elizabethan ruff over his carapace? Weird.

I think that's a chain holding up his coat rather than a ruff. Wearing your coat hussar-style over bulky armour is going to be troublesome, otherwise... :) I find it weirder that he appears to be holding a knife, it makes him look like an assassin rather than a commander. His sceptre isn't entirely working for me either. But I assume there will be plenty more arm options.
Speaking of his coat, it looks very commisarial (black with red detailing). Does that imply schola progenium in general, or is this an actual commissar attached to a bunch of stormtroopers ("Scions")?

Basileus66
13-03-2014, 13:22
I like those Ogryns... Don't jump on me, please! It's just a matter of personal taste... The Taurox, in the other hand... meh! At least it is not as ugly as the Chaos-dragonthingy.

Patriarch
13-03-2014, 13:26
I think that's a chain holding up his coat rather than a ruff. Wearing your coat hussar-style over bulky armour is going to be troublesome, otherwise... :) I find it weirder that he appears to be holding a knife, it makes him look like an assassin rather than a commander. His sceptre isn't entirely working for me either. But I assume there will be plenty more arm options.
Speaking of his coat, it looks very commisarial (black with red detailing). Does that imply schola progenium in general, or is this an actual commissar attached to a bunch of stormtroopers ("Scions")?
Hopefully the officer comes with chainsword and bolt pistol options. The model would make a really good "naked" Inquisitor with 4+ armour that way.

OuroborosTriumphant
13-03-2014, 13:31
Everything is a bit weird these days, but the IG 'dex seems like it will be out week 2 in April, together with the Ogryn and the Hydra. So it's not THAT weird.

I've taken to talking about "minidexes" for the "Codexes" with nonstandard FOCs, that don't take up your allies slot and consist of only a very small number of units (so far, Inquisition, Legion of the Damned and Knights).

I'm curious if this is a minidex or a supplement. On the one hand, they are calling it a Codex, which points to minidex. On the other hand, the 30-quid price point and the proximity to the Astra Militarum codex points to supplement.

I don't think anyone is assuming it'll be a full codex, people are just making calls as to whether it'll be a minidex or a supplement.

Barghest
13-03-2014, 13:50
I don't think anyone is assuming it'll be a full codex, people are just making calls as to whether it'll be a minidex or a supplement.

Pretty unlikely; it only has like 77 pages if I remember correctly. Frankly if that was the entirety of full codices nowadays I would be a little upset. By which I mean angry.

Darnok
13-03-2014, 14:14
My guess is: it will be like the previous codex supplements (Crimson Slaughter, Iyanden, Farsight, etc.).

The Emperor
13-03-2014, 14:16
I doubt that'll be the case. All of those are Codex Supplements and are identified as such. That isn't the case with Codex: Militarum Tempestus. We're likely looking at something more along the lines of Codex: Inquisition, Codex: Legion of the Damned, and Codex: Imperial Knights.

Doppleskanger
13-03-2014, 14:24
I'm curious why the 'Elizabethan' with he sceptre hasn't got more comment? Very odd looking fellow. Reminds me of Cobra Commander, and with the Red Berets and the unfeasible military transport the whole package comes across as very GI Joe. Not necessarily a bad thing mind. Having said that I like most of the new models, and hope there is a suitably funny fluff justification for the tank tracks on the Ogryns so it doesn't end up detracting from some pretty cool models. Given the low price (for a modern kit not for anything that is actually good value!) I'm wondering if the Tauros might not actually be quite small, possibly a fast vehicle with a 6 man troop capacity? Would make the distinction between it and the Chimera much better than having two vehicles doing the same exact job.
Anybody else thing the gun on the Hydra is so overly large that it makes the chassis seem way too small?

my_name_is_tudor
13-03-2014, 14:36
The difference between Codex: Militarum Tempestus and the other 'minidexes' is that Codex: MT might be getting unique plastic kits. Would a stock IG list get an MT command squad?

tiger g
13-03-2014, 14:40
So the scions are only 5 to a box. I remember a rumour that the new imperial guard would be 5 to a box. So maybe no new guard figures and the rumour was for the scions.

Avian
13-03-2014, 14:43
The difference between Codex: Militarum Tempestus and the other 'minidexes' is that Codex: MT might be getting unique plastic kits. Would a stock IG list get an MT command squad?
I don't see why they wouldn't. Certainly they have stranger things.

Gropius
13-03-2014, 14:51
I doubt that'll be the case. All of those are Codex Supplements and are identified as such. That isn't the case with Codex: Militarum Tempestus. We're likely looking at something more along the lines of Codex: Inquisition, Codex: Legion of the Damned, and Codex: Imperial Knights.

It would also make more sense to put out a self contained codex that includes all the rules needed to field the respective army instead of releasing a supplement that references the codex that isn't even out until a week later.

BTJ
13-03-2014, 15:11
Crimson Slaughter is identified as a codex, when AFAIK it's a supplement

The Emperor
13-03-2014, 15:12
Crimson Slaughter is identified as a codex, when AFAIK it's a supplement

Incorrect.

Theocracity
13-03-2014, 15:23
IMO, the difference between a Minicodex and a Supplement is that the Minicodex contains a finite set of units from a parent codex (or has units that don't exist in any codex), while a Supplement does less to restrict the type of units available from the parent codex and the only new units are variant characters or rules.

Under that format, an Inquisition Minicodex includes only Inquisition and supporting units. If it were to be released as a Supplement, it would focus on Inquisition forces but wouldn't restrict your ability to take GK.

I don't think there's a hard and fast distinction though, especially these days where GW is becoming less predictable.

The Emperor
13-03-2014, 15:27
Well, the distinction's pretty clear. The former can be used as an army in its own right and doesn't need an outside book as it provides full stats for all its units. The supplement, on the other hand, is a handful of pages of rules which modify the rules in a second book which is required, and can't possibly stand on its own as it has no actual army list to speak of.

Theocracity
13-03-2014, 15:34
Well, the distinction's pretty clear. The former can be used as an army in its own right and doesn't need an outside book as it provides full stats for all its units. The supplement, on the other hand, is a handful of pages of rules which modify the rules in a second book which is required, and can't possibly stand on its own as it has no actual army list to speak of.

...that's a more concise way to put what I was trying to say. I probably shouldn't post so early in the morning....

DoctorTom
13-03-2014, 16:08
I don't see why all ogryns have to be rag tag... Sure ones recruited from planetary labour pools at short notice might need rag tag equipment, but the Imperium uses them on an industrial scale, and has done for thousands of years, there's no reason they can't fashion more uniform gear for such occasions.

The Mechanicum haven't recovered the STC for Ogryn armor yet.

It's a matter of definition alright - a matter of GW's definition. If they label something a Codex then it's a Codex, no matter how sparse the interior material. They've just decided though that they can put out Codexes with 1 or 2 units in them now.

xerxeshavelock
13-03-2014, 16:16
I do like the description of the Scions - cold-hearted killers. It feels like it's rare to have the negative parts of the Imperial forces highlighted. Or maybe its just the stuff I've been reading recently, but it seems there's too much 'Champions of Humanity' going on.

stevegill
13-03-2014, 17:41
I do like the description of the Scions - cold-hearted killers. It feels like it's rare to have the negative parts of the Imperial forces highlighted. Or maybe its just the stuff I've been reading recently, but it seems there's too much 'Champions of Humanity' going on.

These guys are more likely much higher status with a much better access to information than the usual 'need to know' grunts.

So somewhere between a cult and organised special forces and they even come with their own mad evil cult heroic leader in a gimp mask.

DoctorTom
13-03-2014, 18:06
So the scions are only 5 to a box. I remember a rumour that the new imperial guard would be 5 to a box. So maybe no new guard figures and the rumour was for the scions.

If you're talking about regular infantry, then probably (I don't see them suddenly "discovering" the boxes of plastic greatcoat guard that have been rumored to exist at various times over the past 10 years or so).

The 5 to a box is not surprising, though disappointing. Scions/Storm Troopers are getting the Dire Avenger treatment - put them in a box of 5 instead of box of 10 in order to get more money.

Davidian
13-03-2014, 18:25
The 5 to a box is not surprising, though disappointing. Scions/Storm Troopers are getting the Dire Avenger treatment - put them in a box of 5 instead of box of 10 in order to get more money.

True but think of just how many extra bits there will be in a command combi-box. I've got a lot of guard that could do with a few battlefield trophies :D

Also, I'm thinking along the lines of, "If 1 box contains 1 set of special weapons then I can buy 2 boxes and have 5 with 2 meltas + bombs then 5 with 2 plasmas + pistol.... Guard collection winning!"

One thing I'm not getting is how the Imperial Knights heraldry style is finding it's way into the Taurus' design... It really isn't very guard (and feels a bit lazy). It's very Inquisitorial however...

So far, only one thing from all of the leeks has disappointed me. The complete lack of rules/points-value leeks! Pat on the back for GW keeping hold of their s**t but C'MON I'M GONNA BURST HERE! XD

Odin
13-03-2014, 18:35
I'm curious why the 'Elizabethan' with he sceptre hasn't got more comment? Very odd looking fellow.

I haven't seen this guy, where is he?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Crazy Ivan
13-03-2014, 18:42
I haven't seen this guy, where is he?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
He's the Scion commander. Just google "scions tempestus", can't miss them.

Barghest
13-03-2014, 19:41
I'm curious why the 'Elizabethan' with he sceptre hasn't got more comment? Very odd looking fellow. Reminds me of Cobra Commander, and with the Red Berets and the unfeasible military transport the whole package comes across as very GI Joe. Not necessarily a bad thing mind.

I'm probably MOST excited for him, actually. He'll make a perfect backup Company Commander for my Valkia Straken conversion.

Ooh, ooh! I just wondered something! Do you guys think the new Scion command squads will get Orders?

Gropius
13-03-2014, 20:07
The longer I look at the Ogryn shields, the more it looks like they are really supposed to interlock. It looks like the horizontal parts are mounted on rails to let them slide up and down on the shield . That would allow any two shields to interlock with each other. Going with that thought, the guns should be some kind of grenade launcher allowing the ogryns to lob grenades over their shield wall.

Spiney Norman
13-03-2014, 20:13
I'm probably MOST excited for him, actually. He'll make a perfect backup Company Commander for my Valkia Straken conversion.

Ooh, ooh! I just wondered something! Do you guys think the new Scion command squads will get Orders?

I can't really see the point in a guard command squad that doesn't have access to orders...

Ambience 327
13-03-2014, 21:45
That assumes orders made it into the new Guard Codex. Rules like that don't always carrey over from one Codex to the next. (*cough* doctrines *cough*)

4tonmantis
13-03-2014, 22:07
That assumes orders made it into the new Guard Codex. Rules like that don't always carrey over from one Codex to the next. (*cough* doctrines *cough*)

RIP Doctrines..

lordbeefy
13-03-2014, 22:13
Heard a small rumour today from GW staffer....ogryns shields act as mobile aegis line type defence....4+ cover save, but they forgo their move in the subsequent phase. The weapons are a cross between grenade launchers and a mortar with specialist shells. Sounds very feasible from what i have seen of the model. He also said that the moustachiod ogryn is indeed neddog and has some interesting rules. On a par with the Kell rule with Creed.

Gungo
13-03-2014, 22:18
The longer I look at the Ogryn shields, the more it looks like they are really supposed to interlock. It looks like the horizontal parts are mounted on rails to let them slide up and down on the shield . That would allow any two shields to interlock with each other. Going with that thought, the guns should be some kind of grenade launcher allowing the ogryns to lob grenades over their shield wall.
The white dwarf picture had a few words in German that said they provide cover to units behind them. I'm thinking mobile aegis
i hope the shields are more then just a cover save and improve the survivabilty of the ogryns as well.

Gungo
13-03-2014, 22:29
Heard a small rumour today from GW staffer....ogryns shields act as mobile aegis line type defence....4+ cover save, but they forgo their move in the subsequent phase. The weapons are a cross between grenade launchers and a mortar with specialist shells. Sounds very feasible from what i have seen of the model. He also said that the moustachiod ogryn is indeed neddog and has some interesting rules. On a par with the Kell rule with Creed.
Mustache appears to be just a bonehead. Deaddog appears to be the model with the commissar hat. According to fluff that's one of his most prized rewards.

lordbeefy
13-03-2014, 22:36
Mustache appears to be just a bonehead. Deaddog appears to be the model with the commissar hat. According to fluff that's one of his most prized rewards.

my error then, i thot the commissar hat one was the mustache as well.....i havnt seen the pictures recently...he said there was the nork character anyway...gonna haveto relook at the models, i thot it had a tache too, oh well.

Wiseman
14-03-2014, 00:37

That would make sense, as it looks like there's spikes at the bottom of it that embed it into the ground as well. Mobile 4+ cover save unit could be pretty fun.

jason_sation
14-03-2014, 02:49
If the new Bullgryns are mobile cover for the troops behind them, does that make Conscripts' new role cover for the Bullgryns? :p

The Emperor
14-03-2014, 02:49
I hope those beret heads are interchangeable with normal Imperial Guard heads. It'd be pretty nice to take bits out of that Militarum Tempestus kit and use it to spruce up the Infantry Squad kits.

forseer of fates
14-03-2014, 03:03
What is all this scion pollex, it doesn't sound very imperial guard like at all, and whoever invented the name for that tank thing should be shot, and ofc the one thing we wanted was another chimera type tank. Not sure the plastic ogryns look as good as the metal ones but then they are plastic, why thou in the age of d weapons and knights. sigh. Hopefully the are cheaper. Astra Crapatrium indeed.

Ambience 327
14-03-2014, 03:15
The longer I look at the Ogryn shields, the more it looks like they are really supposed to interlock. It looks like the horizontal parts are mounted on rails to let them slide up and down on the shield . That would allow any two shields to interlock with each other.

What I don't get, is why rails and sliding which might get too complicated for the Ogryn, rather than just "left side up, right side down", puzzle-piece style, so they always fit together, side-by-side?

The Emperor
14-03-2014, 03:16
Scion doesn't sound Imperial Guard, but Kasrkin does? As for "we" wanting another Chimera, speak for yourself. I was hoping for a new chassis myself, and not have every single vehicle in the Imperial Guard armory being based off of just two chassis. And why not new Ogryns "in the age of d weapons and knights"? What does that have to do with upgrading old models? D weapons and Knights are in the game, yes, but that doesn't mean that infantry don't still play a role. Especially unique infantry like Ogryns.

stevegill
14-03-2014, 11:36
What is all this scion pollex, it doesn't sound very imperial guard like at all, and whoever invented the name for that tank thing should be shot, and ofc the one thing we wanted was another chimera type tank. Not sure the plastic ogryns look as good as the metal ones but then they are plastic, why thou in the age of d weapons and knights. sigh. Hopefully the are cheaper. Astra Crapatrium indeed.

gee, the Scion's aren't your every day Imperial Guard so maybe that's why the name doesn't sound like IG.
Taurox name, meh, but sort of works for it.
What I, and quite a few others too by the sound of it, want is more variety. Definitely not more bloody chimera variants.
Personally don't really care about the Ogryns

duffybear1988
14-03-2014, 11:43
Scion doesn't sound Imperial Guard, but Kasrkin does? As for "we" wanting another Chimera, speak for yourself. I was hoping for a new chassis myself, and not have every single vehicle in the Imperial Guard armory being based off of just two chassis. And why not new Ogryns "in the age of d weapons and knights"? What does that have to do with upgrading old models? D weapons and Knights are in the game, yes, but that doesn't mean that infantry don't still play a role. Especially unique infantry like Ogryns.

Kasrkin are a particular elite unit from Cadia that are equipped and trained like storm troopers. Kasr is the name they use for their fortress cities so Kasr-kin kind of makes sense. Scions sounds like something Mechanicus should have.

As for the bullgryns I see what he is saying - Strength D ignores cover, tau ignore cover, whirlwinds and flame weapons ignore cover. Basically cover just isn't that great. Also from the rumour they are a movable shieldwall that can't form the shield if they moved that turn... that's pretty useless. Now I'm trying not to be doom and gloom as the grenade launcher tonfas may be totally awesome but from rumours alone I see very little reason why I would take them over an aegis line or a blob squad (if they are still in the new codex). 5 bullgryns will probably be about 150+ points. I'm guessing a blob squad may be a few points more but unless they have some seriously funky rules or the blob squads are gone, then I don't see why I would take them. And all that's before I get to their ugliness :D

In the Imperial Guard (I refuse to use the new name) life is cheap. Maybe bullgryns will find more use in a non IG army?

gee, the Scion's aren't your every day Imperial Guard so maybe that's why the name doesn't sound like IG.
Taurox name, meh, but sort of works for it.
What I, and quite a few others too by the sound of it, want is more variety. Definitely not more bloody chimera variants.
Personally don't really care about the Ogryns

I would have preferred having doctrines as added variety instead of ugly looking new transports and weird bullgryns. Maybe doctrines are back in...

The Emperor
14-03-2014, 12:01
Kasrkin are a particular elite unit from Cadia that are equipped and trained like storm troopers. Kasr is the name they use for their fortress cities so Kasr-kin kind of makes sense. Scions sounds like something Mechanicus should have.

Subjective opinions are subjective. Why you think Scions sound like something Mechanicus is something particular to you, and not something I'd agree with, just as "X-kin" isn't something which sounds remotely Imperial Guard to me, and sounds like a name which belongs to some army with a clan-based society, like Space Dwarfs.

As for the bullgryns I see what he is saying - Strength D ignores cover, tau ignore cover, whirlwinds and flame weapons ignore cover. Basically cover just isn't that great. Also from the rumour they are a movable shieldwall that can't form the shield if they moved that turn... that's pretty useless.

If cover were useless then we'd all be playing on barren tables. A lot of things ignore cover, but most things don't. And you misread the rumored rule. They can't move after they've used the shield wall. They get to use it if they moved the turn before. But that's just a rumored rule, not something that's a set-in-stone fact.

Now I'm trying not to be doom and gloom as the grenade launcher tonfas may be totally awesome but from rumours alone I see very little reason why I would take them over an aegis line or a blob squad (if they are still in the new codex). 5 bullgryns will probably be about 150+ points. I'm guessing a blob squad may be a few points more but unless they have some seriously funky rules or the blob squads are gone, then I don't see why I would take them. And all that's before I get to their ugliness :D

Again, subjective opinions are subjective. I personally love them. :) As for the advantage, that'd be a mobile shield wall which you don't get with an Aegis Defense Line, as well as a tough counter-assault unit which won't fold like a cheap lawn chair when an enemy close combat unit gets near.

In the Imperial Guard (I refuse to use the new name) life is cheap. Maybe bullgryns will find more use in a non IG army?

Or maybe none of us know what they can actually do and for how many points and it's a little too early to make assumptions about their usefulness just yet?

Bloodknight
14-03-2014, 12:15
And you misread the rumored rule. They can't move after they've used the shield wall. They get to use it if they moved the turn before.

Sill lame, because it requires them to be far in the front of the army and they have to leapfrog. For some reason, they often come up with what could be a cool rule or unit, and then give it a massive and tactically restricting drawback that makes the unit uninteresting again.
Stuff like the Lictor, for example, or the Decapitator.

svinkelz
14-03-2014, 17:17
Sill lame, because it requires them to be far in the front of the army and they have to leapfrog. For some reason, they often come up with what could be a cool rule or unit, and then give it a massive and tactically restricting drawback that makes the unit uninteresting again.
Stuff like the Lictor, for example, or the Decapitator.

Another reason to withdraw them from my shopping list ...

Average miniatures and , if true, awfull rules.

What a shame !

Formerly Wu
14-03-2014, 17:47
Good to see the ol' Warseer jump_to_conclusions.exe script is still running smoothly.

Gungo
14-03-2014, 18:30
Good to see the ol' Warseer jump_to_conclusions.exe script is still running smoothly.
Lol I know the only rumour is these provide cover to units behind them and these two keep making up and then crying about the rules they just made up that no one has!!

Bloodknight
14-03-2014, 18:55
I know the only rumour is these provide cover to units behind them

Nah, that "and they can't do that and move at the same time"-part has been around for a few days. Wouldn't be surprising, really. I'm intrigued about the idea and tactical possibilities though, guarding 5 point dudes with 30-40ish point guys seems odd.

Dryaktylus
14-03-2014, 19:35
guarding 5 point dudes with 30-40ish point guys seems odd.

Beware of the Bullgryn/Ratling wall!

BTJ
14-03-2014, 20:01
Nah, that "and they can't do that and move at the same time"-part has been around for a few days. Wouldn't be surprising, really. I'm intrigued about the idea and tactical possibilities though, guarding 5 point dudes with 30-40ish point guys seems odd.
Mobile cover for a command squad is all that really springs to mind for me

my_name_is_tudor
14-03-2014, 20:14
Mobile cover for a command squad is all that really springs to mind for me

They're not just cover. They do have guns too. It's just a fluffy rule to cover the fact that they can make a shield wall.

RanaldLoec
14-03-2014, 20:39

Its a rumour, it's not solid or correct. We don't know enough to presume too much.

To be honest the models are too ugly to convince me to but them regardless of the rules.

Barghest
14-03-2014, 20:50

Yeah, Neckbeard.com released a new patch earlier today. Corrected some problems with lag there was too much time between rumours surfacing and subsequent anger.

AngryAngel
14-03-2014, 21:26
If the new Bullgryns are mobile cover for the troops behind them, does that make Conscripts' new role cover for the Bullgryns? :p

I was already thinking that, such an evil hearted commanded I am.

It does seem odd to make them need to drop shields to get the cover save for units behind them. Would be a better assault screen if they could stay mobile. Though without knowing for sure, perhaps its the 4 even if mobile and improved defense if they plant their shields and forgo movement ? Without knowing what the rules are we'll see if they are a good idea or a missed opportunity. As well we need to know what the grenade launchers do and what the shields do for them personally. Though it would be nice if their armor save with was nice or the shields give them an invuln.

Time will tell, for stuff coming out, I'm actually most excited on the rule books coming out and the bullgryns , I wasn't at first but the I'm with stupid assault screen does appeal to me.

forseer of fates
14-03-2014, 22:07
I would say scions sounds more like a marine thing, all to their own thou. Ogryns used to be 25:(

DoctorTom
14-03-2014, 22:37

Lock them together and you can probably provide cover for a tank.

Barghest
14-03-2014, 22:51

They were up there as late as yesterday, I think. Oh, GW!

Felwether
14-03-2014, 23:51
I would say scions sounds more like a marine thing, all to their own thou. Ogryns used to be 25:(

Given that they're the orphaned offspring of officers and high ranking officials I'd say it's pretty appropriate.

Sounds very Schola Progenium-ey to me.

my_name_is_tudor
15-03-2014, 00:06
Given that they're the orphaned offspring of officers and high ranking officials I'd say it's pretty appropriate.

Sounds very Schola Progenium-ey to me.

Yeah. Space Marine units don't really have gothic names, they're more distant from the norms of Imperial ritual for that. Scouts, Tactical Marines, Terminators, Predator, Assault Marines. These are not names that make me thing of the dusty agencies that make up the Imperium.

Scions, however, does.

Bloodknight
15-03-2014, 09:03
I'm actually most excited on the rule books coming out and the bullgryns

Yeah. I'm also very interested in the statlines and particularly points cost for the standard Ogryn and their Ripper Guns, simply because I've got two 7- and one 6-Man squads of the old 2nd edition models that I would really enjoy to use a lot more.

cardyfreak
15-03-2014, 11:44
I've seen a plasma gunner Valhallan (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/File:Unreleased_-_Imperial_Valhallan_Plasma_Gun.jpg) on eBay who went for a kings ransom, so probably shouldn't hold out much hope. Screw it, better get em just in case.

Chem-Dog
15-03-2014, 11:48
One thing I'm not getting is how the Imperial Knights heraldry style is finding it's way into the Taurus' design... It really isn't very guard (and feels a bit lazy). It's very Inquisitorial however...

The Lion has been creeping into IG iconography for a while now (long enough that I bough a High Elf Chariot to use the Lions in it for some IG modelling projects, when it was first released), in the current Codex...Pg6 Lion statue presiding over the IG equivalent of trooping the colours, Pg20/Pg98 Lion with Chainsword in jaws heraldic device, Pg99 winged lion head heraldic device. Granted it's not in your face like the Space Wolves or the Blood Angels, but it's there enough to consider it a trend (I'm sure one of the IG 'Dexes had a Lion Statue on the title page too).
It's also the personal heraldic creature of one Lord Solar Macharius (who is a pretty big figure in the IG), so there's that too.

Heard a small rumour today from GW staffer....ogryns shields act as mobile aegis line type defence.

Possibly a bit of the good old "rumour reverb", Someone posits a likely occurrence on Forums/Blogs, Staffer reads it and recites to people, they come to the self same source that the staffer gleaned the info from and contribute the staffer's input which has no more substance than the original posited notion.

In this instance, it also seems blindingly obvious.

He also said that the moustachiod ogryn is indeed neddog and has some interesting rules. On a par with the Kell rule with Creed.

The model everyone thinks is Nork is the drum-mag Ripper armed dude with a stogie and a knuckle-dagger (green armour, red trousers). And postulating that Nork would act as a Bodyguard is hardly a stretch as that's exactly what he's been since his first appearance.

What is all this scion pollex, it doesn't sound very imperial guard like at all.

That's kinda the point and it's a point GW seem to be going out of their way to drive home, the Storm Troopers are not (and never were) part of the Imperial Guard.
Scion is defined as"a descendant of a notable family." and as all Storm Troopers are drawn from the Schola Progenioum which only teaches orphans of Imperial servants it seems particularly fitting,both in reference to their parents AND to their relationship to the Emperor who (by proxy) took them in and gave them purpose.

back in 2nd edition the power sword didn't make much sense on a Guardsman

In all honesty it made more sense then than it does now, you got a set S of 5 to Melee attacks and thus a fixed Neg Save Mod .And a Parry. With victory in combat being decided by the guy with the highest combat score (Ws+Highest A dice + appropriate modifiers) who then got to hit the enemy a number of times equal to the difference (with Initiative as the tie-breaker), a PW was a good option to turn that winning combat score into results.

Ambience 327
15-03-2014, 12:34
In all honesty it made more sense then than it does now, you got a set S of 5 to Melee attacks and thus a fixed Neg Save Mod .And a Parry. With victory in combat being decided by the guy with the highest combat score (Ws+Highest A dice + appropriate modifiers) who then got to hit the enemy a number of times equal to the difference (with Initiative as the tie-breaker), a PW was a good option to turn that winning combat score into results.

That only tells a small part of the story however. The Chainsword wasn't just a "close combat weapon" in 2nd Edition. It also had a fixed profile, (S4, -1 Sv and Parry). So the Power Sword (S5, -3 Sv and Parry) was an upgrade, but not an incredible one. In the 2nd Ed IG Codex, Chainswords were 2 points, and Power Sword were 6 points - so you had to pay triple the points of a Chainsword to get a Power Sword, which didn't make much sense on Sergeants at all, since they were only WS 3 with 1 Attack.

At least now, when you pay the points to upgrade from a Chainsword to a Power Sword, you get the AP3 benefit, meaning the Sergeant has at least some chance of doing appreciable damage against the likes of Space Marines and other 3+ or worse saves.

RanaldLoec
15-03-2014, 15:09
The new Scions squad looks like it will make a really nice Company command squad mixed with the catachan command squad.

What we need is a close up of the alternate head choice on the sprue on the front of the box.

The Emperor
15-03-2014, 15:18
The new Scions squad looks like it will make a really nice Company command squad mixed with the catachan command squad.

What we need is a close up of the alternate head choice on the sprue on the front of the box.

Here's a report of StrykerSniper's comment about the new Storm Troopers from a few months back. He mentions the choice of heads in there.

I'm praying for stormtroopers, real ones, as a second troop choice. I did have a tiny look behind the iron curtain of GWs privacy policies, and I was able to see some mockups of the new veterans/stormtrooper boxed set, and it would be an amazing kit to build warbands or stormtrooper squads. Also I saw a model that appeared to be an Inquisitor, and was wearing a long cloak and armor.

I could see GW allowing stormtroopers as a troop choice to induce additional sales of the new kit, which, frankly, floored me. The details were great, with kasrkin style armor, and all sorts of weapons including hellguns, sniper rifles, special weapons, a cool missile launcher, a bunch of sergeant options, bolters, and lots of shotguns that managed to not look like scout shotguns. Also, the bolters did not look like marine shotuns, they were a little more human sized.

Some of the poses were also amazingly dynamic. Some were stoic standing poses, while a couple were very John Woo! There were also a lot of extra bits, poches, packs, grenades, knives, some scanner like equipment, and what appeared to be night vision goggles. If i were a puppy, I would've piddled on the rug, and it was a supreme act of will not to grab the models and run for the door. Apparently, they have also been ready for some time. Please dear God, let these see the light of my hobby store soon and I will have at least 5 boxes! This might even revitalize my Guard army.

Oh, and there were a bunch of heads! respirator heads, heads with berets, bald heads, heads with mohawks and crew cuts. Most were scarred, and one had an eyepatch, while another had a disfigured eye with what looked like claw marks, one head was smoking a stogie, and there were two heads with berets. There was even a knife that looked like a trench knife with raised knuckle dusters. There were scopes, a hand radio, and a bunch of bits for the bases including plants, a snake, and some ammo cans and satchel charges. There was even a hand holding an entrenching tool (shovel to you non-military types). There were a few holstered pistols, and as a delightful surprise, there were also autoguns in addition to lasguns, and there were bits for pistol and close combat weapon troops, although few were chainblades. There was a demo charge, melta bombs, and camo cloaks.

I was very, very impressed. The attention to detail was phenomenal. If you have any questions, ask them quick, before I am "sanctioned" by the inquisition. What is that sound outside the window.......?

He was on the nose with all the other bits that we've seen, so I'm looking forward to seeing all this crazy variation. I just really hope they're interchangeable, because they are, then it's going to be awesome picking up a squad of Catachans, a squard of Cadians, and a box of Scions and then start mixing and matching the bits to make unique units.

Theocracity
15-03-2014, 15:33
Here's a report of StrykerSniper's comment about the new Storm Troopers from a few months back. He mentions the choice of heads in there.

He was on the nose with all the other bits that we've seen, so I'm looking forward to seeing all this crazy variation. I just really hope they're interchangeable, because they are, then it's going to be awesome picking up a squad of Catachans, a squard of Cadians, and a box of Scions and then start mixing and matching the bits to make unique units.

It's kind of hard not to be right about some things with that kind of shotgun approach. The only thing that seems to stick out as unusually correct is the 'Inquisitor,' which could be the commander in the set. But I'm skeptical.

Not that there won't be good head or bits options, mind.

Sanai
15-03-2014, 16:08
so are the Scions/Tempestus Command Squad, Bullgryns & Taurox unique to the Tempestus Militarum or can we use them with regular guard? They look sort of like their own entity- all very policy looking instead of military looking.

verydarkshadow
15-03-2014, 16:17

To be honest, of the pictures we've seen, none of the TM look like they're in a "John Woo" pose. In fact, my main (and probably only) complaint with them is that they all look pretty static. In fact, it looks like they're positioned in basically the same way as the plastic Cadians. So I'm not sure if we can say he's been entirely accurate this far.

stevegill
15-03-2014, 16:51

All in all it does seem remarkably accurate so far

Avian
15-03-2014, 17:53
so are the Scions/Tempestus Command Squad, Bullgryns & Taurox unique to the Tempestus Militarum or can we use them with regular guard? They look sort of like their own entity- all very policy looking instead of military looking.

You will almost certainly be able to use them with IG, GW is not in the habit of removing entries with models these days. Presumably they'd like to sell more models.

my_name_is_tudor
15-03-2014, 17:56
He lists so much though. Would a dual kit really have room for all that? Maybe there's a veterans kit on the way and he saw models kit bashed from both?

Hawkkf
15-03-2014, 17:59
You will almost certainly be able to use them with IG, GW is not in the habit of removing entries with models these days. Presumably they'd like to sell more models.
I actually would not be surprised if the scion/storm troopers and the bullgryn variant are not in the IG codex. GW seems to feel that available as ally is synonymous with being easily available. They also do not like having identical entries in multiple print codexes anymore from what I can see. From thier standpoint having it solely in a seperate codex makes it available to even more players.

Theocracity
15-03-2014, 18:06
He lists so much though. Would a dual kit really have room for all that? Maybe there's a veterans kit on the way and he saw models kit bashed from both?

Yeah...and while we haven't seen the full set of options, I somehow doubt that from what we've seen so far that it includes Bolters, Shotguns, Lasguns, Autoguns, CCWs, as well as Hellguns and special weapons.

Also, he says "Kasrkin style armor" rather than the breastplates, as well as "two heads with Berets" instead of a whole set as we've seen.

And I doubt that there's another set of infantry coming.

stevegill
15-03-2014, 18:12
I actually would not be surprised if the scion/storm troopers and the bullgryn variant are not in the IG codex. GW seems to feel that available as ally is synonymous with being easily available. They also do not like having identical entries in multiple print codexes anymore from what I can see. From thier standpoint having it solely in a seperate codex makes it available to even more players.

I wouldn't actually expect the Scions to be in the Guard codex, as they're getting their own, but would expect the stormtroopers from the same kit (i.e. expect Militarum Tempestus in the Astra Militarum codex)

KR3LL
15-03-2014, 18:18
The new large transport in the leaked pictures looks terrible. It looks so bad with very little conversion work it will pass for an ork vehicle.

Chem-Dog
15-03-2014, 18:18
That only tells a small part of the story however. The Chainsword wasn't just a "close combat weapon" in 2nd Edition. It also had a fixed profile, (S4, -1 Sv and Parry). So the Power Sword (S5, -3 Sv and Parry) was an upgrade, but not an incredible one. In the 2nd Ed IG Codex, Chainswords were 2 points, and Power Sword were 6 points - so you had to pay triple the points of a Chainsword to get a Power Sword, which didn't make much sense on Sergeants at all, since they were only WS 3 with 1 Attack.

At least now, when you pay the points to upgrade from a Chainsword to a Power Sword, you get the AP3 benefit, meaning the Sergeant has at least some chance of doing appreciable damage against the likes of Space Marines and other 3+ or worse saves.

A -3 save mod drops an armour save by three points, that's HUGE, fine it awards a marine a 6+ save as opposed to an AP3's no save at all, but a 2+ save would equally be dropped to a 5+, much more useful across the board from where I'm sitting.
S vs T is the same as it ever was, so the utility of S5 over S3 or even S4 is pretty obvious.
I only mention Parry as it's ability to affect the result of combat (and thus dictate who hits who and how much) is fairly relevant.

The Emperor
15-03-2014, 19:39
To be honest, of the pictures we've seen, none of the TM look like they're in a "John Woo" pose. In fact, my main (and probably only) complaint with them is that they all look pretty static. In fact, it looks like they're positioned in basically the same way as the plastic Cadians. So I'm not sure if we can say he's been entirely accurate this far.

That really depends on personal interpretation of what you think is a "John Woo pose", because frankly I don't have the foggiest clue of what that even means, much less what it might mean to you. And he said "Also I saw a model that appeared to be an Inquisitor, and was wearing a long cloak and armor", which sounds a whole lot like that leader from that one picture we've seen. Not to mention that he said berets were included, and lo and behold we've seen them with berets. Remember, we've only seen two leaked images so far. We haven't seen the complete contents of the kit yet, so it's a bit early to rule out what he said based on two pics so far, especially when so much of what he said turned out to be really specific and accurate, like the look of the one guy in a cloak. After all, if someone was making things up, then who would've ever invented a guy in a cloak to come in a new box of Storm Troopers?

MajorWesJanson
15-03-2014, 19:50
I wouldn't actually expect the Scions to be in the Guard codex, as they're getting their own, but would expect the stormtroopers from the same kit (i.e. expect Militarum Tempestus in the Astra Militarum codex)

I would, as they are not a centerpiece model like the Knight that can use it's own detachment. The Tempestus supplement looks like it is designed to make an allied detachment of stormtroopers, with a command squad, stormtrooper squad, transport vehicle, and maybe a commissar and few other bits. It doesn't seem meant to remove stormtroopers from the Guard codex entirely, as that would hurt sales of the kit. If you can run the kit in the base IG codex, more people will buy it rather than having to buy a minimum number and another book to run a stormtrooper detachment alongside IG. They didn't remove Legion of the Damned from the Marine book when they came out with the LotD codex, and so far Inquisition is still in the GK codex despite Codex Inquisition. This just seems like it gives you more options to run stormtroopers without having to run a full guard army- Stormtroopers and Knights can become mechanicus. Stormtroopers and Inquisition. Stormtrooper detachment as counts as arbites, chapter serfs, chapter aspirants, PDF forces, Rogue Trader retinues, ect.

OuroborosTriumphant
15-03-2014, 19:59
That really depends on personal interpretation of what you think is a "John Woo pose", because frankly I don't have the foggiest clue of what that even means, much less what it might mean to you. And he said "Also I saw a model that appeared to be an Inquisitor, and was wearing a long cloak and armor", which sounds a whole lot like that leader from that one picture we've seen. Not to mention that he said berets were included, and lo and behold we've seen them with berets. Remember, we've only seen two leaked images so far. We haven't seen the complete contents of the kit yet, so it's a bit early to rule out what he said based on two pics so far, especially when so much of what he said turned out to be really specific and accurate, like the look of the one guy in a cloak. After all, if someone was making things up, then who would've ever invented a guy in a cloak to come in a new box of Storm Troopers?

FWIW, John Woo is a Chinese action movie director, known for a very particular style. A John Woo pose would be dual-wielding pistols (in fact, I'd say it'd be dual-wielding pistols while jumping sideways though the air, but that's fairly impractical from a modelling POV). If you've seen Face/Off, Hard Boiled or the Killer, those are all John Woo movies.

verydarkshadow
15-03-2014, 21:12

Wasn't my intention to rule out what he said. I just thought that the posses of the models which we have seen appeared to be more conservative than what he described. I'd love for him to be correct, though.

Formerly Wu
15-03-2014, 22:00
The only accurate (so far) details of that Stryker rumor are the mentions of berets and a model with a cloak. We haven't seen any of the other cool bits he mentioned, and he's straight up wrong about them having kasrkin style armor or John Woo poses.

Still calling bunk on that.

verydarkshadow
15-03-2014, 22:05
Yeah, he was pretty far-off with the description of the armour. There might be an alternative explanation for this, but right now, his information is more incorrect than not.

The Emperor
15-03-2014, 22:07
The only accurate (so far) details of that Stryker rumor are the mentions of berets and a model with a cloak. We haven't seen any of the other cool bits he mentioned, and he's straight up wrong about them having kasrkin style armor or John Woo poses.

Still calling bunk on that.

We haven't seen them, no, but we haven't exactly seen a lot. We've seen one blurry picture and a unit assembled in only one way. You think what we've seen constitutes the sum total of all that's in the kit? And you realize, right, that what you think is a "John Woo" pose and what someone else calls that might be two entirely different things? Judging from a poster above said, a "John Woo" pose might be something like Cypher holding two guns. Nevermind that it's absurd to assume the guy's wrong or making things up when the things which you acknowledge he got right are pretty specific things. If someone were going to make up stuff about new Stormtroopers, who would've guessed berets and a guy with a cloak? That's pretty specific info which he got right. It strikes me as bizarre that you acknowledge that that's correct but think he's still making stuff up, knowing full well that we haven't seen a single sprue yet.

Theocracity
15-03-2014, 22:22
We haven't seen them, no, but we haven't exactly seen a lot. We've seen one blurry picture and a unit assembled in only one way. You think what we've seen constitutes the sum total of all that's in the kit? And you realize, right, that what you think is a "John Woo" pose and what someone else calls that might be two entirely different things? Judging from a poster above said, a "John Woo" pose might be something like Cypher holding two guns. Nevermind that it's absurd to assume the guy's wrong or making things up when the things which you acknowledge he got right are pretty specific things. If someone were going to make up stuff about new Stormtroopers, who would've guessed berets and a guy with a cloak? That's pretty specific info which he got right. It strikes me as bizarre that you acknowledge that that's correct but think he's still making stuff up, knowing full well that we haven't seen a single sprue yet.

Well, we also know that the kit's called Tempestus Scions and Command Squad. Stryker seems to be describing a Stormtrooper / Veteran kit, as noted by the way he describes bolters, autoguns, CCWs, and a bunch of other stuff that seem much closer to Veterans or Warrior Acolytes than those. And the 'John Woo' description was in relation to their poses, which we've seen all of and none of them are what I would call Woo-esque.

I mean, I get that he got some things right and that he could still be on target. But he said so much stuff that he had to get some things right. We'll see how it turns out.

Formerly Wu
15-03-2014, 22:37
We haven't seen them, no, but we haven't exactly seen a lot. We've seen one blurry picture and a unit assembled in only one way. You think what we've seen constitutes the sum total of all that's in the kit?
Lack of evidence is still lack of evidence.

And you realize, right, that what you think is a "John Woo" pose and what someone else calls that might be two entirely different things? Judging from a poster above said, a "John Woo" pose might be something like Cypher holding two guns.
I'm not going to speculate on what Stryker defines a "John Woo pose" as. It means something pretty specific to me in terms of a dynamic action pose, and I don't see it evident in the picture we have.

Nevermind that it's absurd to assume the guy's wrong or making things up when the things which you acknowledge he got right are pretty specific things. If someone were going to make up stuff about new Stormtroopers, who would've guessed berets and a guy with a cloak? That's pretty specific info which he got right.
And kasrkin-style armor is something pretty specific which he got wrong. In fact, given how many random details he did throw in, I would say getting a really obvious part of a new visual style wrong is more significant than details like hats or cloaks.

It strikes me as bizarre that you acknowledge that that's correct but think he's still making stuff up, knowing full well that we haven't seen a single sprue yet.
I find it equally bizarre that you can take two throwaway details among a paragraph of them and give them credit, despite the majority of them being not evident and some being directly contradictory.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not saying he is wrong, yet. But I need to see a lot more to be convinced.

Darnok
15-03-2014, 22:41
Could we agree on a consenus of "there are doubts, and we will judge his words when sprue pics are available"? It is pointless at this point in time to get all emotional about something we can not verify for now.

Formerly Wu
15-03-2014, 23:10
Agreed. We don't have enough to verify anything in particular right now.

stevegill
16-03-2014, 02:30
I would, as they are not a centerpiece model like the Knight that can use it's own detachment. The Tempestus supplement looks like it is designed to make an allied detachment of stormtroopers, with a command squad, stormtrooper squad, transport vehicle, and maybe a commissar and few other bits. It doesn't seem meant to remove stormtroopers from the Guard codex entirely, as that would hurt sales of the kit. If you can run the kit in the base IG codex, more people will buy it rather than having to buy a minimum number and another book to run a stormtrooper detachment alongside IG. They didn't remove Legion of the Damned from the Marine book when they came out with the LotD codex, and so far Inquisition is still in the GK codex despite Codex Inquisition. This just seems like it gives you more options to run stormtroopers without having to run a full guard army- Stormtroopers and Knights can become mechanicus. Stormtroopers and Inquisition. Stormtrooper detachment as counts as arbites, chapter serfs, chapter aspirants, PDF forces, Rogue Trader retinues, ect.

Exactly what I said - expect stormtroopers in the IG codex, scions will likely be separate in their own codex.

Azazyll
16-03-2014, 03:42

If it had said codex supplement, I would have been against you, but as it is a full codex (apparently) it may just work that way, something not totally unprecedented when you look at the new knight codex. A strange new direction for GW AND 40K

Loopstah
16-03-2014, 12:10
What are the chances of a Stormtrooper kit as well as the scions? Could the Scions be an elite stormtrooper rather than standard ones?

Bigglesworth
16-03-2014, 13:21
Anyone else noticed the on the product page leak the Scions are Militarum T' x / Militarum T' y and no mention of Astra Miltarum unlike the vehicle?

Gungo
16-03-2014, 13:29
What are the chances of a Stormtrooper kit as well as the scions? Could the Scions be an elite stormtrooper rather than standard ones?
Slim to none gw hasn't ever made two varients of the same kit ever. They are trying to decrease models w dual kits why would they increase thier overhead. Also just because stormtroopers have thier own army book doesn't mean they are removing them from the if either. Where do people come up with this stuff.

RanaldLoec
16-03-2014, 15:02
If it had said codex supplement, I would have been against you, but as it is a full codex (apparently) it may just work that way, something not totally unprecedented when you look at the new knight codex. A strange new direction for GW AND 40K

Inquisitors is a full codex as well, GW are simply giving people an incentive to buy models that only guard players would otherwise buy.

What where seeing is allies +1 with the knights and inquisition codex, allies on top of allies.

GW wants profit getting you to add a new allied force is a good way of starting people collecting a new army range outside of what they already own.

Those wondering if Stormies and ogryns will disappear from the new Astra / IG codex I'd say no not likely.

The models that GW recently removed from the Nids codex they had lost the IP battle with chapter house over the mycetic spore model so they just removed it from the codex instead.

TrooperTino
16-03-2014, 15:53
I hope the name "tempestus" refers to the Segmentum Tempestus. So the Scions Militarum Tempestus are a formation most seen in that Segmentum. That leaves the original Stormtroopers and their fluff valid and expands the guard with new troop types which are home to the different segmenta. More variation without breaking old fluff, I like it.

StrykerSniper
16-03-2014, 18:29
So, apparently, people wonder at my definition of John woo poses, and yes, I might have gotten a bit excited. I used it more synonymously with dynamic. As for the bits, there are a bunch that you haven't seen yet, like alternate weapons, and some other armor stuff. Trust me, you'll like them, and frankly, I can't wait to buy 3 or 4 boxes. I also love the beret heads, and I think you guys will like the helmet heads as well.

RanaldLoec
16-03-2014, 18:52
So, apparently, people wonder at my definition of John woo poses, and yes, I might have gotten a bit excited. I used it more synonymously with dynamic. As for the bits, there are a bunch that you haven't seen yet, like alternate weapons, and some other armor stuff. Trust me, you'll like them, and frankly, I can't wait to buy 3 or 4 boxes. I also love the beret heads, and I think you guys will like the helmet heads as well.

Details?

What alternate weapons are there,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The Emperor
16-03-2014, 18:57
Details?

What alternate weapons are there,

Autoguns at least, which I thought was interesting. It'd certainly be nice to see Guardsmen with a free option to trade in their Lasgun for an Autogun, as they've got the same exact stats. Hmm, I wonder what a squad of Catachans would look like if you switch out their normal heads for the beret heads and give them Autoguns, instead?

stevegill
16-03-2014, 19:12
Berets on either Cadians or Catachans would look good. What are the odds on the arms being compatible with the current guard figures?

I'm really hoping for full face helmets for my skitarii.

MajorWesJanson
16-03-2014, 19:37
Berets on either Cadians or Catachans would look good. What are the odds on the arms being compatible with the current guard figures?

I'm really hoping for full face helmets for my skitarii.

Agreed on the latter.

Arms should be compatible. No reason they wouldn't be.

We know of at least one full face helmet, and it seems likely that there is a set of 5 (the box art seems to have the helmets)

Godzooky
16-03-2014, 19:55
Elysian or Cadian respirator heads should look good on 'em.

stevegill
16-03-2014, 20:07
Elysian or Cadian respirator heads should look good on 'em.

Respirator heads would indeed look good, but eye or full-face visors would look even better :cool:

Bigglesworth
16-03-2014, 20:11
Elysian heads might look a bit small if they are scaled to cadians

DoctorTom
16-03-2014, 21:00
Lack of evidence is still lack of evidence.

But it is not evidence of a lack, which is what some people are doing in a rush to judgment (not you, I'll grant - you're just waiting for evidence). We'll see soon enough.

MajorWesJanson
17-03-2014, 02:26
Slim to none gw hasn't ever made two varients of the same kit ever.

Well, not counting Cadians vs Catachans

Gungo
17-03-2014, 03:00
Well, not counting Cadians vs Catachans
thats not the same kit. That's like saying ultramarines and dark angels. Two seperate regiments and models. The same kit is like this is a storm trooper squad and this is the same squad.

Nubl0
17-03-2014, 03:40
Except you know... Cadian and catachan guardsmen are identical rules wise now. Meaning it is two variants of the guardsmen kit. Pretty sure ultramarines and dark angels use the same kits for their basic units and veterans as well.

Losing Command
17-03-2014, 06:14
Except you know... Cadian and catachan guardsmen are identical rules wise now. Meaning it is two variants of the guardsmen kit. Pretty sure ultramarines and dark angels use the same kits for their basic units and veterans as well.

There is a veteran set for DA, but the only difference between DA tacticals and those of Ultrasmurfs is which the colour they're painted :p

Chem-Dog
17-03-2014, 07:09
I would, as they are not a centerpiece model like the Knight that can use it's own detachment. The Tempestus supplement looks like it is designed to make an allied detachment of stormtroopers, with a command squad, stormtrooper squad, transport vehicle, and maybe a commissar and few other bits. It doesn't seem meant to remove stormtroopers from the Guard codex entirely, as that would hurt sales of the kit.

I know what you're saying here Wes, but can't shake the niggly feeling that any "Stormtroopers" in the central IG list will simply be "Grenadiers", possibly even an alternate wargear set for Veterans - IE Veteran + Carapace + Hotshot Lasgun. It might be a non-event redefinition or it could have stats/rules related implications (the way Grenadiers squads didn't get the special mission abilities in the Doctrines Codex).
Nothing to stop you using MT squads to represent your army's Grenadiers, but perhaps one or two special reasons as to why you might prefer actual Militarum Tempestus squads.

Of course, it might be that armies under the umbrella of the Astra Militarume will be "free" allies or at least less restricted.

FWIW, John Woo is a Chinese action movie director, known for a very particular style. A John Woo pose would be dual-wielding pistols (in fact, I'd say it'd be dual-wielding pistols while jumping sideways though the air,

There should also be doves....

I'm not going to speculate on what Stryker defines a "John Woo pose" as. It means something pretty specific to me in terms of a dynamic action pose, and I don't see it evident in the picture we have.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=John%20Woo%20style it's a generally accepted concept, certainly what i think when someone invokes it.

Slim to none gw hasn't ever made two varients of the same kit ever. They are trying to decrease models w dual kits why would they increase thier overhead. Also just because stormtroopers have thier own army book doesn't mean they are removing them from the if either. Where do people come up with this stuff.

Oneoculd argue the Stormtroopers and Kasrkin served the exact same purpose, especially after the kasrkin stopped being a specific unit in the army list.

Sanai
17-03-2014, 07:32
So I am going to ask a question here- any more thoughts on the Taurox?
I am just not sure what the role of the Taurox is supposed to be..... it looks like it would be (mechanics wise) a less armoured, smaller transport than the chimera with less firepower..... and its not like the chimera is expensive to begin with for what it brings to the table.

Also, I am wondering if there are any actual options for the Taurox... or is every Taurox a Ford Model T? (You can have any weapon you like, as long as it is an assault cannon!). One of those rapid firing grenade launchers you see on modern military vehicles that are similar to the Taurox would be great.

While game-mechanics wise I don't really see much use in the Taurox, unless it has some special abilities or is really, really cheap points wise (though even the cheapness of the Rhino rarely convinces me to choose it over a razorback), I do like its aesthetic, because I feel the guard has always been lacking in vehicles like these;

Bigglesworth
17-03-2014, 09:23
I'd say that other scion torso options are plausible, as the Scion arms look a lot more high tech than the breast plates we've seen so far...

OuroborosTriumphant
17-03-2014, 09:52
(You can have any weapon you like, as long as it is an assault cannon!).

I'm 95% sure that's not an assault cannon. No extended lower barrel. It might be a punisher cannon or it might be a mini punisher cannon or it might be something new, but of the gatling guns currently in 40k, it lacks the distinctive characteristics of an assault cannon or avenger mega bolter. If it's a thing we've seen before, it's a punisher cannon.

TheBearminator
17-03-2014, 10:01
A transport that scores 15 S5 hits on average every turn. Codex creep? :-)

warlordbob
17-03-2014, 10:59
Its far to small to be a punisher cannon, my best guess would be an altered version of the Heresy rotor cannon, GW prime did this with the avenger mega bolter, from the FW avenger bolt cannon. So we do have a precedent.

RanaldLoec
17-03-2014, 12:53
Its far to small to be a punisher cannon, my best guess would be an altered version of the Heresy rotor cannon, GW prime did this with the avenger mega bolter, from the FW avenger bolt cannon. So we do have a precedent.

It's similar in appeareance to the punisher cannon on the Leman Russ kit.

So chances are it's a lesser variant.

Azazyll
17-03-2014, 15:27
I just want to know how both the gunner and driver fit in that thing at the same time.

StrykerSniper
17-03-2014, 15:36
Ok, so I have been asked to plumb the depths of my foggy memory for more details. If you want my best description, please check my other entry under codex inquisition, but the scions box is meant to represent both stormies and vets. It had a crap ton of weapon options, a bunch of pistols, auto, and hellpistols, about 15 different heads, only 6 with berets (there is a non facemask beret head extra to replace the dude with the mask if you don't want him. I saw shotguns, hellguns, autoguns, close combat weapons, a TON of pouches, accessories, radios, all 4 special weapons, and even 1 or 2 guns I couldn't immediately identify. You've seen the cloak, and the standard, but there were also bits for a medic.

Theocracity
17-03-2014, 15:48

I find it kind of odd that the kit is called Tempestus Scions / Tempestus Command Squad if they're supposed to also be a kit for Militarum Veterans.

Also, the one pic we've seen shows more than 6 beret heads (though I can't tell how many of those might be duplicates).

Your description sounds cool, though, so I hope I'm being overly cautious.

The Emperor
17-03-2014, 15:50
The four special weapons are grenade launcher, flamer, meltagun, and plasma gun, right? I like the sound of the presence of shotguns, though. I think I may have to grab a guy or two for my Necromunda Enforcers.

As for the guns you couldn't recognize, could one or more of them have been grav-guns?

DoomedDiceThrower
17-03-2014, 16:02
Well about the Taurox role, has it been considered if that thing might be a fast vehicle? A fast reasonably well armoured transport vehicle for special commandos.

(The fact that the model looks like a sluggish tractor for plowing dem imperial potato fields notwithstanding.)

Ambience 327
17-03-2014, 16:26
Fast would be nice, but Assault Vehicle would be even better. Fast & Assault Vehicle would be best, but I would take Assault over Fast any day.

Of course, unless it has a nice rear assault ramp, Assault Vehicle really wouldn't make sense with the pressure lock doors on the sides.

Avian
17-03-2014, 17:29
Things with no front ramp don't have Assault vehicle, do they?

StrykerSniper
17-03-2014, 18:56
Alas, no grav guns, I know what those look like

Not-not-kenny
17-03-2014, 19:02
I find it kind of odd that the kit is called Tempestus Scions / Tempestus Command Squad if they're supposed to also be a kit for Militarum Veterans.

Also, the one pic we've seen shows more than 6 beret heads (though I can't tell how many of those might be duplicates).

Your description sounds cool, though, so I hope I'm being overly cautious.

The pic we have seen also has more than five models in it when the box only makes five.

stevegill
17-03-2014, 19:17
The pic we have seen also has more than five models in it when the box only makes five.

Yup, looked to be two boxes worth in shot

Theocracity
17-03-2014, 19:24

I figured as much, I just couldn't tell how many of them had duplicate heads.

gitburna
17-03-2014, 20:10
Well about the Taurox role, has it been considered if that thing might be a fast vehicle? A fast reasonably well armoured transport vehicle for special commandos.

(The fact that the model looks like a sluggish tractor for plowing dem imperial potato fields notwithstanding.)

well something like that must have a reason for multiple independently powered (?) tracks. So its either going to be better at traversing difficult or dangerous terrain, or minefields. Or something along the lines of the grot riggers/rhino repair rule. Or perhaps it wont have rear armour 10, representing the reinforced under armour ( if its inspired by modern engineer vehicles). I doubt itll be an assault vehicle, not with those tiny naval style bulkhead doors. Ooh! Maybe its submersible?

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

stevegill
17-03-2014, 22:12
well something like that must have a reason for multiple independently powered (?) tracks. So its either going to be better at traversing difficult or dangerous terrain, or minefields. Or something along the lines of the grot riggers/rhino repair rule. Or perhaps it wont have rear armour 10, representing the reinforced under armour ( if its inspired by modern engineer vehicles). I doubt itll be an assault vehicle, not with those tiny naval style bulkhead doors. Ooh! Maybe its submersible?

nah, the doors probably just show its hostile environment capability

ferrus
17-03-2014, 22:24
Wonder if the rumoured Commissar Training Squad is in Militarum Tempestus. Would make sense if it is.

forseer of fates
17-03-2014, 22:36
Would be odd if its just their for hostile environments as the chimera does at any other time.

RanaldLoec
17-03-2014, 22:39
Wonder if the rumoured Commissar Training Squad is in Militarum Tempestus. Would make sense if it is.

I can see why some one would describe the scion squad that way.

Avian
17-03-2014, 23:45

40K Radio said we'd get both and they've been right on the money so far.
So most likely it's another kit that hasn't been seen yet.

Azazyll
18-03-2014, 03:06

Haven't they gone substantially quiet though?

Avian
18-03-2014, 07:34
So what?

WFTWG

RanaldLoec
18-03-2014, 09:06

I agree

Let's remember we got two or three weeks of spread out releases in a month for dwarfs.

There's a chance that there is more we haven't seen yet in the week afters white dwarf.

The releases we know of could primarily tie in with models available to the tempustus codex release, with the " guard " only models to follow?

RanaldLoec
18-03-2014, 09:16

I agree

Let's remember we got two or three weeks of spread out releases in a month for dwarfs.

There's a chance that there is more we haven't seen yet in the week afters white dwarf.

The releases we know of could primarily tie in with models available to the tempustus codex release, with the " guard " only models to follow?

duffybear1988
18-03-2014, 09:38

More armoured than a chimera or rhino though? Then there is points cost to think about - about the same as a chimera I would expect. I also can't see it as an assault vehicle as it makes no sense. Think about it this way - marines who are standing in power armour in rhinos cannot assault even though their armour would no doubt make this an easy task, yet guardsmen can undo their seatbelts, get out of their bucket seats and then charge from their humvee...

I think it will most likely end up being a fast razorback armed with the avenger mega bolter from the Dark Angels codex, for about the cost of a chimera. That's still a pretty good buy.

Bigglesworth
18-03-2014, 12:45
If the Tempestus Militarum codex has to ally with guard to get most of their vehicles doesn't it make sense for their Taurox variant to be upguned?

Hengist
18-03-2014, 12:54
Hmm. Definitely not keen either on the Ogryns or the Taurox. The Stormtroopers look nice, however; I'll probably end up getting a box to kitbash Inquisitorial retinues out of.

Kingly
18-03-2014, 13:35
Haven't they gone substantially quiet though?

Not really, now just substantially rubbish now the nice guy who actually plays has gone...

Chem-Dog
18-03-2014, 13:49
So I am going to ask a question here- any more thoughts on the Taurox?
I am just not sure what the role of the Taurox is supposed to be..... it looks like it would be (mechanics wise) a less armoured, smaller transport than the chimera with less firepower..... and its not like the chimera is expensive to begin with for what it brings to the table.

From what we're hearing, Orders remain. Chimeras could lose the Command Vehicle advantage and it be saved solely for the Taurox, making it a prime choice for Command squads and a reasonably sensible preference for the elite commando type army (possibly making it a Command Squad only transport option for normal IG and a standard choice for stormies).
The biggest drawback of the Chimera is it's flimsy side and rear armour, with even AV11 on those facings, a Taurox would be something to consider over the Chimera.
The only other potential advantage of something like the Taurox that I can come up with is interceptor/skyfire with that gun, even without special rules to engage flyers twin linked multiple shots is gonna make it a fairly tasty backup.

Fast would be nice, but Assault Vehicle would be even better. Fast & Assault Vehicle would be best, but I would take Assault over Fast any day.

I did read somewhere that Stormies, veterans or something might be able to assault after disembarking. This COULD be something that the Taurox specifically brings to the table, especially interesting if it's availability is reserved for elite units.

Of course, unless it has a nice rear assault ramp, Assault Vehicle really wouldn't make sense with the pressure lock doors on the sides.

They must be a bitch to open from outside on that stepladder.

No. Not yet, at least.

I figured as much, I just couldn't tell how many of them had duplicate heads.

If we're talking about the pic with Termagants/Hormagaunts, I count two instances of rebreather head and two of eyepatch head without enough detail to make out much more than that. Not conclusive as there's at least two boxes worth there, as others have said, but two dupes in such a small sample doesn't give me huge hope for anything over the minimum needed to make five regular dudes and whatever sarge/officer options can be done.

Maybe its submersible? Chimeras are Amphibeous, I don't see submersible being a huge advantage over that. Obviously YMMV, but I've not had reason to use the Amphibious rule since...3rd Ed, maybe. So unless GW are planning on releasing a RoB set with built in rivers or canals, A shoreline set or a kit for making river and water-feature terrain, I don't see it as being even worth the ink needed to print the rule.

Not that I'd hate it if GW did make it amphib/submersible. or if they made it easy to use waterways of some description., but as it stands I see it as pointless.

If the Tempestus Militarum codex has to ally with guard to get most of their vehicles doesn't it make sense for their Taurox variant to be upguned?

Yep. And again, if it's standard transport option for Tempestus, it might be specifically intended to fill a hole in the Stormy army, they currently lack the range and RoF to deal with horde armies, so assuming their preference for smaller, harder targets remain, the Vehicles would be best suited picking up the slack against swarms of enemies.

march10k
18-03-2014, 16:33
I hate the name of the new dex, the ogryns are marginally less toonish than the metal ones, the taurox looks worse than the stormtalon (wasn't sure that was possible), and the only good thing about the new stormtroopers is the berets. I'll be getting some of those for conversions, but it's time to stock up on kasrkin!

TheBearminator
18-03-2014, 16:37
More armoured than a chimera or rhino though? Then there is points cost to think about - about the same as a chimera I would expect. I also can't see it as an assault vehicle as it makes no sense. Think about it this way - marines who are standing in power armour in rhinos cannot assault even though their armour would no doubt make this an easy task, yet guardsmen can undo their seatbelts, get out of their bucket seats and then charge from their humvee...

It seemed to work for A-team. :) http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/18/e3utymub.jpg

Vida
18-03-2014, 18:09

I dont think this is true. I dont think battle wagons have ramps do they? I'm pretty sure they are assault vehicle. Same goes for a number of the DE vehicles I think, but they are skimmers.

Theocracity
18-03-2014, 18:11
I dont think this is true. I dont think battle wagons have ramps do they? I'm pretty sure they are assault vehicle. Same goes for a number of the DE vehicles I think, but they are skimmers.

Both of those are open topped, so they don't need the assault vehicle rule. If you put an 'ard too on a Battlewagon it becomes enclosed and you can't assault out.

Captain Ventris
18-03-2014, 19:38
Do we know when the Hydra releases?

AngryAngel
18-03-2014, 19:56
Nope, we only know the first wave releases which will be for pre order next week as far as we know. The week after that it may be in however.

The Highlander
18-03-2014, 22:35
The slightly worrying thing for me at the moment is what is going to happen to rough riders now that their models have disappeared from the store. On the one hand I think it's unlikely that GW would get rid of such a long standing and well established unit, but on the other hand we've heard nothing about new plastic models, so might they be for the chop?

Sgt John Keel
18-03-2014, 23:09
So, what will be on pre-order this Saturday (22nd)? I'm assuming the void shield et al.

stevegill
18-03-2014, 23:13
The slightly worrying thing for me at the moment is what is going to happen to rough riders now that their models have disappeared from the store. On the one hand I think it's unlikely that GW would get rid of such a long standing and well established unit, but on the other hand we've heard nothing about new plastic models, so might they be for the chop?

They're still on the ForgeWorld site so hopefully OK

Bigglesworth
19-03-2014, 00:23
They're still on the ForgeWorld site so hopefully OK

The MUKAALI riders have their own rules in IA 3 though. They could still vanish any day if demand drops too low though. The Death Riders are self contained too I think.

I still hold out hope that the Riders on the new Apocalypse book artwork are a preview lol

I don't think GW would worry about them going miniature-less, they can hardly try to own the concept of cavalry :shifty:

Naulaen
19-03-2014, 01:25
Does Hydra being released from GW means the FW model will be taken down?

Formerly Wu
19-03-2014, 01:36
I don't think GW would worry about them going miniature-less, they can hardly try to own the concept of cavalry :shifty:
I think it's good odds we'll see Rough Riders in the book, but with no new model, for this reason.

If we don't see an artillery combo kit yet, this will also be why. Since the FW models exist, there's no risk of getting sniped.

Azazyll
19-03-2014, 03:02
I think it's good odds we'll see Rough Riders in the book, but with no new model, for this reason.

If we don't see an artillery combo kit yet, this will also be why. Since the FW models exist, there's no risk of getting sniped.

Ugh, how old are those plastic horses? 1992? The Attilans themselves aren't bad, but Christ those horses are terrible

Formerly Wu
19-03-2014, 03:41
Ugh, how old are those plastic horses? 1992? The Attilans themselves aren't bad, but Christ those horses are terrible
Couldn't agree more. A proper kit with modern stylings and weapon options, maybe a dual option for heavier cavalry or ranged dragoons, would be great. Getting the feeling we aren't going to be seeing that, though.

Master Sheol
19-03-2014, 06:34
I do think that FW Hydra Will remains as a enclosed variant of the GW open top kit...
The rough riders are My dilemma... We Know GW is not making models without rules and rules without a model nowadays...
Being the attilans discontinued now i fear that if GW doesnt have a new kit at hand we Will see them dissapear from the codex...
FW rough riders have their rules in IA so it's not a problem For them...
About the naked horses... I started playing 40k in 1994 and i remember that ugly ponies being already there... IF i recall right now the only two kits that still use that horses are the attilans and the bretonnian peasant cavalry... The attilans are discontinued now and bretonnians are rumored to be relesed this year so i hope by the end of the year those horses Will dissapear forever...

I am waiting For 5th of April to get the tempestus codex to build a small allied detachment to go with My DA or CF with allied inquisitors... I love the new models... And about the taurox i think it Will look better with wheels instead of tracks...

Daigar
19-03-2014, 10:56
So, what will be on pre-order this Saturday (22nd)? I'm assuming the void shield et al.

Some LOTR stuff, apparently.

Joeyoc
19-03-2014, 11:03
I'm just wondering, as there are released photos for this coming weeks white dwarf showing the generator etc. and they have only just come to light.
What is the likelihood that this release of ogryn etc is not genuine?

Im just wondering, because releases don't seem to be coming out, or known, until several days before the weekly white dwarf comes out.

Seems we found photos, and everything for this, weeks before its even come out. Just seems a little unreal,

I apologise of this has been answered, just looking at the website, and got me wondering.

Joe

Bigglesworth
19-03-2014, 11:06
I'm just wondering, as there are released photos for this coming weeks white dwarf showing the generator etc. and they have only just come to light.

Im just wondering, because releases don't seem to be coming out, or known, until several days before the weekly white dwarf comes out.

Seems we found photos, and everything for this, weeks before its even come out. Just seems a little unreal,

I apologise of this has been answered, just looking at the website, and got me wondering.

Joe

Would be a very elaborate fake employing sculptors and painters and graphic designers, all for what? Some internet lolz? The most elaborate fake we've seen so far is some steel legion that were mirror imaged to make it look like new poses.

We don't know who leaks the magazine photos, but assuming its someone in the magazine supply chain and not GW then they can only photograph the stuff they've managed to get access to, and they may not be able to pilfer every issue.

Or for the tinfoil hat people it could be GW leaking the stuff they think will excite people the most, and then requesting removal of the pictures as a double bluff... Not very likely either.

Joeyoc
19-03-2014, 11:13
Would be a very elaborate fake employing sculptors and painters and graphic designers, all for what? Some internet lolz? The most elaborate fake we've seen so far is some steel legion that were mirror imaged to make it look like new poses.

We don't know who leaks the magazine photos, but assuming its someone in the magazine supply chain and not GW then they can only photograph the stuff they've managed to get access to, and they may not be able to pilfer every issue.

Or for the tinfoil hat people it could be GW leaking the stuff they think will excite people the most, and then requesting removal of the pictures as a double bluff... Not very likely either.

I didn't mean, the range wasn't genuine, just the fact that these seem to have been 'leaked' a lot earlier then any other release (with the weekly format)

The models are genuine, that much is assured, just question if this wasn't them leaking them themselves to try and maybe find the source of the leaks perhaps.

Do GW not print them themselves then?

Darnok
19-03-2014, 11:18

Joe

If that was fake, it was the goddam best fake I have ever seen in the miniature business. Whoever did it should really sell those models!

It's the real deal hough. Some leaks happen a bit sooner. It's not that uncommon really.

I didn't mean, the range wasn't genuine, just the fact that these seem to have been 'leaked' a lot earlier then any other release (with the weekly format)

The models are genuine, that much is assured, just question if this wasn't them leaking them themselves to try and maybe find the source of the leaks perhaps.

GW do their printing in China, and the printed products have a lead time between six weeks and three months. That's plenty of time for things going wrong - as shown in the past.

Shibboleth
19-03-2014, 13:23
...The models are genuine, that much is assured, just question if this wasn't them leaking them themselves to try and maybe find the source of the leaks perhaps.

I think 95% of WD 'leaked' pics are done by GW themselves.
There are private groups who get the leaks first, probly from a staffer, then spread them to us. They always progress from carefully cropped, blurry, single images from a wider page to then clearer pics, a cropped contents page, etc... and never all the pics from a WD, only a select few, leaving at least a couple unseen ones for people to still buy the actual WD...

Darnok
19-03-2014, 13:59
I think 95% of WD 'leaked' pics are done by GW themselves.
There are private groups who get the leaks first, probly from a staffer, then spread them to us. They always progress from carefully cropped, blurry, single images from a wider page to then clearer pics, a cropped contents page, etc... and never all the pics from a WD, only a select few, leaving at least a couple unseen ones for people to still buy the actual WD...

GWs legal department disagrees with you. Unless you believe in some wacky conspiracy theory of course...

Ruven
19-03-2014, 14:25
I hope the kasrkin storm troopers don't get discontinued, I was waiting for a finecast release before getting them but seeing as how they weren't in the last codex and with these new stormtroopers I might just have to get these metal ones. Most of the new guard pics I've seen are IMO horrible, especially the ogryns, the armoured command squad and the scions aren't so bad though.

Shibboleth
19-03-2014, 14:40
GWs legal department disagrees with you. Unless you believe in some wacky conspiracy theory of course...GW legal play their part well, gotta keep up pretenses in case they ever want to stamp out a real leak.

A true leak, by a real fan with a WD, would be as many pics as possible, full page spreads, etc. instead of gradual build up every time.

Timathius
19-03-2014, 15:04
GW legal play their part well, gotta keep up pretenses in case they ever want to stamp out a real leak.

A true leak, by a real fan with a WD, would be as many pics as possible, full page spreads, etc. instead of gradual build up every time.

I think that GW are aware of leaks and that they let some slide and smash some with a hammer. They don't care if the general internet consensus is good and they don't get involved. However, if the internet turns against them, they ensure the pictures are taken down to stem the tide of bad press.

I see no benefit for them to be responsible for the leaks, they would be far better off to release them on their site. Like the good old days when they would show models a couple months prior to release. This way they control the hype and are able to make spilt second changes to wording and angles etc. to show the units in their best light.

Mr. Ultra
19-03-2014, 17:48
I think that GW are aware of leaks and that they let some slide and smash some with a hammer. They don't care if the general internet consensus is good and they don't get involved. However, if the internet turns against them, they ensure the pictures are taken down to stem the tide of bad press.

I am pretty sure that GW couldn't care less for "the internet" opinions...

Darnok
19-03-2014, 18:04
GW legal play their part well, gotta keep up pretenses in case they ever want to stamp out a real leak.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but GW has stated multiple times that it is their desire for their own homepage or magazine(s) to be "the" place people see new products for the first time. Not some grainy phone pic where you can hardly make out any details.

If it was up to GW, none of these leaks would ever happen. Due to the product being in many different handsthough, and delivery having its hickups, it rarely works out that way. There is no evil conspiracy involved.

Coasty
19-03-2014, 18:12
I like the Taurox; it looks like one of those cobbled-together vehicles that lots of armies used in the '30s, before the War started and taught them how to make tanks properly.

I kinda like the Scion dudes but will need a better pic to decide. I never liked Ogryns to begin with, so no loss there.

tiger g
19-03-2014, 20:05
I do think that FW Hydra Will remains as a enclosed variant of the GW open top kit...
The rough riders are My dilemma... We Know GW is not making models without rules and rules without a model nowadays...
Being the attilans discontinued now i fear that if GW doesnt have a new kit at hand we Will see them dissapear from the codex...
FW rough riders have their rules in IA so it's not a problem For them...
About the naked horses... I started playing 40k in 1994 and i remember that ugly ponies being already there... IF i recall right now the only two kits that still use that horses are the attilans and the bretonnian peasant cavalry... The attilans are discontinued now and bretonnians are rumored to be relesed this year so i hope by the end of the year those horses Will dissapear forever...

I am waiting For 5th of April to get the tempestus codex to build a small allied detachment to go with My DA or CF with allied inquisitors... I love the new models... And about the taurox i think it Will look better with wheels instead of tracks...

Tallarn's had the ponies too. Still rough riders for Kreig with rules.

the_yuk
20-03-2014, 00:40
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/aqypapys.jpg

Does that look strangely familiar to anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MusingWarboss
20-03-2014, 03:59

Surely you're not suggesting GW would borrow their design cues from other peoples work! Outrageous!! ;)

Ghost42
20-03-2014, 07:28
looks like something orks would ride in...wait so does taurox...

TheBearminator
20-03-2014, 10:37
looks like something orks would ride in.

"Let's build a 'Cadillac' from 2" armour plates, sprinkle it with some nice, big rivets and put it on tracks. Best of two worlds!"

silentsmoke
20-03-2014, 13:48
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/aqypapys.jpg

If I buy one of those kits, I would have to paint it like that, with a good amount of weathering.

SkawtheFalconer
21-03-2014, 15:21
I haven't been following this thread very closely, but I believe that the Ogryns, the Taurox, and the new Veterans/Storm Troopers are due for pre-order release this week. Did anyone confirm if the Codex was due to be amongst that wave?

Voss
21-03-2014, 15:36
I haven't been following this thread very closely, but I believe that the Ogryns, the Taurox, and the new Veterans/Storm Troopers are due for pre-order release this week. Did anyone confirm if the Codex was due to be amongst that wave?

From the rumours, no. And also, that probably isn't quite right.

What is probably happening this week (in terms of preorders) is the MT squad, the MT codex and maybe the Taurox. The Militarium (guard) codex will likely come later (as in the following weeks) as will the Ogryns. They could stretch that to 3 weeks (MT stuff week 1, taurox week 2, ogryns week 3, with the general codex on week 2 or 3).

The Emperor
21-03-2014, 15:49

Actually, they're due for preorder the 29th and go on sale April 5th.

Master Sheol
21-03-2014, 16:11
The leaked page from WD shows that with release date on 5th April we Will have tempestus scions, taurox and codex temlestus...
Probably the Ogryns Will be out one week later togrther with AM codex and Hydra...

Timathius
21-03-2014, 16:14

This is about the best we have.

Definitely not this week though as the white dwarf has been shown to just be terrain and some Arjac book that is over 100$

Voss
21-03-2014, 16:22

Oh. Right. It is still... this week.
This is what happens when I flip my day/night cycle repeatedly.

SkawtheFalconer
21-03-2014, 16:40
Thanks for Rumour Round Up, guys. :)

Gen.Steiner
21-03-2014, 17:45
I'm very keen on the Hydra kit, I must say. I wonder if Forgeworld will do a conversion kit to uparmour it and cover the fighting compartment?

The Emperor
21-03-2014, 18:44
Oh. Right. It is still... this week.
This is what happens when I flip my day/night cycle repeatedly.

Preorders are next week. Today's the 21st. :p

Hawkkf
21-03-2014, 19:09
I'm very keen on the Hydra kit, I must say. I wonder if Forgeworld will do a conversion kit to uparmour it and cover the fighting compartment?

Since the FW version is already enclosed I suspect they will simply call it the armageddon pattern hydra. Although I do have doubts that an enclosed crew compartment will be an available upgrade outside of FW lists/ IA upgrades.

Bigglesworth
21-03-2014, 19:39
Since the FW version is already enclosed I suspect they will simply call it the armageddon pattern hydra. Although I do have doubts that an enclosed crew compartment will be an available upgrade outside of FW lists/ IA upgrades.

The basilisk has had the closed crew compartment option for years despite there only being a FW upgrade for it.

Gen.Steiner
21-03-2014, 20:10
I may well just end up making one out of plasticard anyway... :p

Hawkkf
21-03-2014, 21:09
The basilisk has had the closed crew compartment option for years despite there only being a FW upgrade for it.

I know, but that was before the era of no model no rules that GW is enforcing currently. As I am uncertain if they countFW models in the equation, I would say it is currently uncertain if the option will stay.

svinkelz
21-03-2014, 21:30
I know, but that was before the era of no model no rules that GW is enforcing currently. As I am uncertain if they countFW models in the equation, I would say it is currently uncertain if the option will stay.

There are more and more links between GW kits and FW kits.

Apocalypse rulebook is a good example.

Not to mention that many tanks in the actual codex are FW kits.

Bigglesworth
21-03-2014, 21:32
Not every kit has all the upgrades listed by the codex, does that mean the options have to be removed or new kits made?

Pendragon
22-03-2014, 03:10
It's now confirmed that nothing is confirmed. No IG this week, just a bunch of Iron Hands.

AngryAngel
22-03-2014, 03:17
There wasn't going to be IG this week as far as I knew, the first wave was this coming week for pre orders, at least as far as we knew.

Voss
22-03-2014, 04:17
Yeah, just the Iron Hands supplement in bound form (for whatever intended audience that has), and some sets. Or some middling to bad Hobbit sculpts in exclusively in finecast .*
Next! (and can they pillage that line for its wasted resources already?)

*Also craters and the Void Shield generator which seems to have been posted on the U.S. website as Sold Out Already. I don't really think that counts, personally.

BTJ
22-03-2014, 11:52
It's now confirmed that nothing is confirmed. No IG this week, just a bunch of Iron Hands.
The Taurox, Scions, and MT codex are next week, and they're the first wave