PDA

View Full Version : Albion army

Harkon
13-06-2006, 03:38
iam trying to find a new army for the GT that i will be attending in november and i thought it would be and intresting idea to try an army of albion. i was thinking of using dogs of war rules, and pike men would be ungor satyrs. Light calvery would be converted centaurs and the norse maurders could represent the men on the island. But iam still not sold on this idea, i was wondering what people thought of this and if they have any conversion ideas for the army and maybe a different set of rules i could use to represent this army. Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Fritzofgalatia
14-06-2006, 22:14
In all honesty, the Wood Elf rules would be best for representing an Albion army, since they are supposed to be more like the Celtic Brits before the coming of Rome. Since Albion is supposed to be very naturalistic, Dyrads would hardly out of place (remember fenbeasts?). Eternal Guard would a rather good for the island men and Wardancers and Waywatchers are perfect for the small warbands that roam the island. And please, a Truthsayer is an absolute must!

Skelmgurn
16-06-2006, 17:36
A few suggestions,
In terms of the background Albion, has, celtic type humans although they seem to be very primitive and backwards. As far as actual Albion units go, there's Hengus the druid and the 2 giants you can include as a regiment of renown as well as the Truthsayer.
They have a fair few giants so you could include one.

I d go for a chaos marauder list. Marauders are pretty close to what the basic Albion warriors would be. The lustrian marauders list allows you to take marauder chieftans as opposed to plate armoured chaos champions, althought I m not sure if its allowed in a GT. If not the chaos list is still pretty good. This way you can have;

Marauders - Albion warriors
Chariots
Light cavalry
Warhounds
Giants

Also if you want to use any magic celtic creature type things, the chaos list has loads of options.

As far as I know centaurs and satyrs aren't associated with Albion , those images are all used in the Beastmen army. Cavalry arent really a celtic thing but you could get away with a unit of light cavalry.

Given that Albion seems fairly magical/mystical etc I reckon using Tzeentch marks would be pretty cool. Your marked characters could all be Truthsayers (maybe say the armour save is because of magic celtic markings or something). Might be an idea to only use the lower level characters as Truthsayers arent as hard as chaos lords.

For models, marauders are probably the best best even with their steriod enhanced physiques. As long as you paint on celtic patterned warpaint they should look the part. Maybe use the high elf chariot too.

Grimtuff
16-06-2006, 19:01
A few suggestions,
In terms of the background Albion, has, celtic type humans although they seem to be very primitive and backwards. As far as actual Albion units go, there's Hengus the druid and the 2 giants you can include as a regiment of renown as well as the Truthsayer.
They have a fair few giants so you could include one.

If he wants to include them he HAS to use the DOW list, as that's the only army that can hire the Albion Giants

Stouty
16-06-2006, 19:18
and pike men would be ungor|
Light calvery would be converted centaurs|
norse maurders could represent the men on the island.

Ungor=ungor
Centaur=cenitgor
Norse maruaders= marauders
Seems like a beastman army would be best to me.

skuller
18-06-2006, 02:15
I have been using an albion theme army based on the giant slayer novel i been used amazons as either imperial spearman/halberdiers/swordsman/free comapnies/archers/hunters or as the middenhein army of SOC using warriors/wolfkin and using the really old wood elf wild cats as hunting dogs pack, and using the sabertusk tigers as horses. so theyhave quite the primitive druidic appearance. the only problem is that the entire army is composed for metal models.

inq.serge
18-06-2006, 19:29
IIRC, the two most important things in a albinion army is

1) lots of giants

2) no chance to defeat kroq-gar (especially when maz helps him.)

IIRC, kroq-gar annihilated the creatures who lived in albinion (as an order from mazdamundi, who always has right according to the fluff)