PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Quick Battles

Skinfull
13-06-2006, 12:17
We're starting a leage this summer between 10 of us and we're trying to decide on some basic army rules. We want a "Combat Patrol" for LOTR. These are the rules we have come up with so far but they are a little biased to the armies we know we each have! Could you guys take a quick perusal and make any suggestions?

Armies must not be more the 500 PTS
You must have 1 hero but no more then 2
No armies are allowed more then 2 Banners
You must have at least 100PT of troops
You may have only 1 Catapult or Ballista
You may have mo more then 2 Siege Bows or Bolt Throwers
No models with a strength higher than 10
No models with more than 4 wounds

Codsticker
14-06-2006, 15:32
I'm not a very experienced LoTR player but 500 pts. seems to be the standard for games (much like a 1500 or 1800 pt. 40k game) so if you were after a Patrol Clash version I would go for something in the neighborhood of 200-250 pts. (or even smaller perhaps).

j1kob
14-06-2006, 15:41
I would completely take out the catupult, balistas and bolt throwers competely, Why would a patrol have siege weapons. Also, I would lower the "no more than 4 wounds rule" to 3 wounds, it would just make more sense. One banner would also seem more sensible.

Neknoh
14-06-2006, 15:44
I'd actually allow for more Heroes to get even quicker battles, and I'd lower the points to 250, that way, you'll have very nice and quick battles that can be quite themed (except for when Aragorn+Boromir duke it out aggainst Sauroman, Grima and Lurtz).

Perhaps only 1 Named Hero of no more than 150 pts?

Baggers
14-06-2006, 22:11
If you want something like Battle patrol why don't you try the Lord of the Rings battle companies rules avaliable from the GW website.

its the same idea as Battle Patorls, small number of models fighting, so its quick and easy. Plus you also get to expand your forces as you play more games.

Shameless plug over.

Skinfull
15-06-2006, 11:05
Thanks guys. I found the battle company rules then stumbled onto the War Party Rules which is exactly what I'm looking for.
:)