PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves in 6th edition

Freeman
16-03-2014, 22:20
I decided to get back to 6th ed and play a couple of games with a friend... problem is I dont remember the adjustments made to the dark elf codex after it came out. I know it was weak... like really weak, so much they had to change the point value of some units.

Now I can't find the changes anywhere. Anyone around here has them?

Plus if you got the magic items from the Albion campaign it wouldn't hurt :D

StygianBeach
16-03-2014, 23:34
I dont have a pdf of the changes, I just wrote them straight into my book....

Beastmaster. Light Armour (2pt). Sea Cloak (6) Lance (4).

Warriors (7)

Chariot 2 for 1 special.

Cold One Knight Ld9

Executioners. Heavy Armour (free)

Black Guard. Eternal Hatred.

Hydra. Attendants have M6

Assassins can Scout.

Couldron has 24'' range.

Freeman
17-03-2014, 00:13
Thanks a bunch, mate :D

StygianBeach
17-03-2014, 06:38
No Worries.... I found this.

If I were to use 6th ed Dark Elves again, I think I would like a pair of 7th ed changes.

Mainly Regeneration on Hydras and Harpies as core, but not counting as core, 6th ed points though. At their 6th ed points cost I see nothing wrong with these alterations.

I would also prefer the using the 7th ed spells, instead of the 6th ed spells (excluding power of Darkness of course). Chillwind at Strength 3 is just too depressing. Domination could be amazing though.

Freeman
17-03-2014, 11:10
Those would be welcome changes. My friend has high elves and they too have their share of follies (Intrigue at Court, or how to make your Ld8 lvl 1 mage the general of a 3000 point army)

By the way, the Ld 9 to Knights applies to chariots too?

And I'm not sure, but I think GW published a variation to the hydra in some ancient white dwarf... (I love those supplements... I still got the zombie pirates army rules somewhere)

StygianBeach
17-03-2014, 11:41
Those would be welcome changes. My friend has high elves and they too have their share of follies (Intrigue at Court, or how to make your Ld8 lvl 1 mage the general of a 3000 point army)

By the way, the Ld 9 to Knights applies to chariots too?

And I'm not sure, but I think GW published a variation to the hydra in some ancient white dwarf... (I love those supplements... I still got the zombie pirates army rules somewhere)

Ah, Intrigue at court... I love that rule on paper... in practice however... it could use a little work, maybe only being applicable to characters that took an Honour.

I don't remember the Ld9 applying to Chariots, as back in 6th they had normal Elf crew and not Knights.

Freeman
17-03-2014, 11:51
Hm. Seems that my chariots will be following the Highborn really close.

By the way, I found the Albion magic items. DE got a nice power fist... its blue and has a weird rune (Ω) inscribed but it works all right

http://redelf.narod.ru/w6/albion/a_treasures.html