PDA

View Full Version : Model of Sanguines

Griffin
14-06-2006, 15:02
Hey guys, just wanna to know - Is there a model for each of the Primarchs ? I was thinking about how cool it would be to paint Sanguines, or the Thousand son's one. Any Ideas ?

Overlord Krycis
14-06-2006, 15:20
Only for Leman Russ and its kinda crappy...
Best just to convert your own. The Thousand Sons one is Magnus, and I'm currently trying to convert him.

Edited: Because I'm a Typo magnet.

Senbei
14-06-2006, 16:02
There were epic models of some of the chaos ones a while back... bad news is that they stand between waist and shoulder high on a warhound titan... They are Daemon-princes y'know ;)

Overlord Krycis
14-06-2006, 16:26
That would just be the Daemonified Primarchs then...the normal ones wouldn't be anywhere near that big.

HiredSword.
14-06-2006, 16:40
I didn't know there was one of leman russ? do you have a photo? i might have seen it and just assumed it was another marine.

MadJackMcJack
14-06-2006, 16:50
http://www.skarloc.de/gdh/leman1.jpg

See, *****

HiredSword.
14-06-2006, 17:14
lol, agreed.

it's an old model though, and seeing as they've modelled everything else for space marines, why not primarchs?

edit: actually, why not let forgeworld do it instead.

Griffin
14-06-2006, 17:18
I just wanted the whole angel thing going

KayvaanShrike
14-06-2006, 17:20
Pants model for Leman Russ I agree, mainly because he carries a Spear in battle, hence the reason the Spear of Russ is a Wolves sacred artefact. (fluff wise)
Back on topic, your best bet is to convert your own, or get someone to sculpt one or something.

Damien 1427
14-06-2006, 17:37
I doubt the Primarchs are that big. Most Marines are around eight feet in full Power Armour, a Primarch isn't going to be much more than ten at the most.

Daemon Primarchs are a whole new kettle of fish. But the mortal ones, on both sides, wern't supernaturally titanic.

When Black Roses Bloom
14-06-2006, 17:47
lol, agreed.

it's an old model though, and seeing as they've modelled everything else for space marines, why not primarchs?

edit: actually, why not let forgeworld do it instead.

Well, don't you think that the "magic" will be gone if they model the primarchs?

Overlord Krycis
14-06-2006, 18:19
As far as I've found out, GW will NEVER make another Primarch model...ever...period...:cries:

So...expect them in the next 2-3 years...:D

Cromenon
14-06-2006, 18:23
besides, a primarch model will not appeal to all players... there are always people who don't like the miniature which fascinates you... and a primarch should appeal to everyone, right?

Overlord Krycis
14-06-2006, 18:28
Like I've said...its probably just better to make one yourself...there has been some pretty good attempt sthat I've found on the net...and then there are some REALLY dire ones...

Alessander
14-06-2006, 18:35
Leman Russ is still in the US Online store, he's only $5 too! (well, $8.50 if you include his cloak and banner pole).

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=70121-1&orignav=9

...or Do a search for "russ" in the search tool.

A few years back, GW had a "conversion contest" where you could send conversion plans to GW and the winner would have a conversion made for them using the plans. Someone send a Magnus the Red plans based on a WFB manticore as the body, with lots of green stuff and Lord of Change bitz modeled. GW picked them as a winner, made the conversions for him and published the instructinos in WD. It looked pretty good, too. All the bitz are still available, search the 'net for the conversion plans.

HiredSword.
14-06-2006, 18:47
Well, don't you think that the "magic" will be gone if they model the primarchs?

yeah, you're probably right actually.

Karhedron
14-06-2006, 19:56
Daemon Primarchs are a whole new kettle of fish. But the mortal ones, on both sides, wern't supernaturally titanic.
Actually not quite true, some of the Primarchs were huge even before the Heresy. The old fluff on them runs something like this...

Many of the Primarchs appeared human but others were of strange appearance or titanic size.

Magnus the Red in particular was huge even before his legion turned to Chaos. He was supposedly able to pick up Leman Russ in his hands in their first battle.

Melchor
14-06-2006, 20:12
According to the Horus Heresy books by BL (Horus Rising/False Gods), the Primarchs were to normal space Marines as normal Space Marines are to regular humans.

There are exceptions of course (Magnus for example, Angron maybe), but the more 'normal' Primarchs (ie. Horus, Fulgrim etc) would be about that size.

Overlord Krycis
15-06-2006, 06:58
IIRC the 'normal' Primarchs are about 10' tall. This would be Horus, Fulgrim, Rogal Dorn...
Magnus was head and shoulders above even those...so was probably about 12' tall...certanly of 'titanic proportions'.
I'm working on a model for Magnus...I intend to do all the primarchs eventually.
Just want to do them for the joy of it...and I agree that GW shouldn't make the Primarchs...they have no place in 40k.
Maybe Epic, but certainly not 40k.

macbeth
15-06-2006, 08:01
Wasn't there also a Roboute Guiliman model? Sitting on a chair with two bodyguards...

And, if you think about it, Abaddon is supposed to be the clone of Horus. So swich the sword for a second power claw, and there you have Horus!

By the way, I think that there was somewhere a whole PDF document with tips to convert Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion and Magnus. I must have it somewhere, I can post it here if it is allowed and possible (it was free, so I doubt there are copyright problems)...

xThrakaYouFacex
15-06-2006, 09:47
the Sanguinius conversion in the back of the big blue book is one of the best models i personally have ever seen. an excellent representaion of the vampiric primarch

Griffin
15-06-2006, 10:06
I would have said Angelic...