PDA

View Full Version : GW Site is down for maintenance.... [CLOSED]

McFace
09-04-2014, 16:36
...and they are promising that my patience will be rewarded.

Unless they put it back up with a Mechanicus Codex with a full model range I will not be satisfied! :evilgrin:

Theocracity
09-04-2014, 16:44
...and they are promising that my patience will be rewarded.

Unless they put it back up with a Mechanicus Codex with a full model range I will not be satisfied! :evilgrin:

Perhaps you should go check Forgeworld, then.

From the rumor forum, there seems to be a site redesign going on with a limited edition special offer appearing when it comes back up -a plastic clamshell Marine captain (a redone sculpt of an old limited model) included free in orders over a certain amount.

Brother Vaneb
09-04-2014, 17:10
It's been down all day been wanting to buy all damn day lol. Irritating!!

McFace
09-04-2014, 17:40
Perhaps you should go check Forgeworld, then.

From the rumor forum, there seems to be a site redesign going on with a limited edition special offer appearing when it comes back up -a plastic clamshell Marine captain (a redone sculpt of an old limited model) included free in orders over a certain amount.

I hope it's the site redesign. It could use it.

Also I have never bought anything off of forgeworld, nor am I sure if the stores around me allow their stuff in their games and tournies so I would be hesitant to do so until I have actually become a part of the community.

Konovalev
09-04-2014, 18:30
It's been down all day been wanting to buy all damn day lol. Irritating!!

Which makes no sense to me if true. You keep the old site up while you develop the new site. When the new site is ready you just point at it instead of the old one. You simply flip a switch and the new one is live.

Theocracity
09-04-2014, 18:39
Which makes no sense to me if true. You keep the old site up while you develop the new site. When the new site is ready you just point at it instead of the old one. You simply flip a switch and the new one is live.

Yeah, or you do it overnight when no one's shopping. I guess we don't know how robust their tech is, though - maybe they didn't have a staging environment, or something. Oh well, at least they're offering something neat in exchange for the hassle.

ColShaw
09-04-2014, 18:52
Yeah, or you do it overnight when no one's shopping.

It's always night somewhere... ;)

Theocracity
09-04-2014, 19:09
It's always night somewhere... ;)

Heh, I thought that after I posted. I'm used to working with US companies :p. That being said, it wasn't overnight in the US or UK.

Brother Vaneb
09-04-2014, 20:43
You'd think they would but it's still down. Trouble is it'll go back live and I'll get distracted by the newness and buy stuff I didn't mean to. This is their 'evil plan'...

Konovalev
09-04-2014, 21:56
I guess we don't know how robust their tech is, though

True enough. Perhaps GW's web development team has spent the last day fasting, lighting incense, reciting the OSI model, and scourging themselves with cat5 so as to appease the webservers spirit.

philbrad2
10-04-2014, 06:45
Closing, nothing to see here, no Machiavellian shenanigans just a webstore upgrade - Keep Calm ... And Order Elsewhere!

PhilB:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)