PDA

View Full Version : Eisenhorn Movie Casting Call

Ground ZER0
16-06-2006, 21:33
If you could cast the people to play in an Eisenhorn movie who would you cast:
The main role of course would need to be Eisenhorn himself. Any Suggestions?

Syaped
16-06-2006, 21:34
No big name actors for any of the characters.

Jerkface
16-06-2006, 21:39
Eisenhorn = Christopher Walken

Latro_
16-06-2006, 23:20
Wallice and gromit spring to mind

Wraithbored
16-06-2006, 23:30
Eisenhorn = Christopher Walken
Awesome idea! He could easily pull of an Inquisitor.

ashc
16-06-2006, 23:50
as long as Sir Ian McKellan is in it im cool; he would make an awesome Rorken or Commodus Voke.

Ash

Sir_Turalyon
16-06-2006, 23:53
No big name actors for any of the characters.

I agree but... Ed Harris would make great inquisitor.

Fulgrim's Gimp
16-06-2006, 23:55
Eisenhorn: Patrick Stewart
Ravenor: Ed Norton
Bequin: Alice Krige (borg queen from first contact)
Fischig: Russell Crowe
Cherubael : ??
Midas Betancore: Samuel L Jackson
Medea :Halle Berry
Mandragore Carrion: Arnold Vosloo
Big Evil Talking Box (forgotten name !) Kevin Spacey.

Heru Talon
16-06-2006, 23:58
Perhaps if you put up a list of all the characters it would be easier (each character from the trilogy).

Seeing as I can't be bothered going through the books/book(three in one). If I see the name I'll easily remember who each is.

Also big name actors are the ones that draw the crowds, independant films (the ones with little known actors) only ever get viewed at film festivals and independant film awards...

DragonPup
17-06-2006, 00:14
I haven't actually read Eisenhorn yet(Blasphemy, I know. I am working on Horus Rising), but Vin Diesal should be in it somewhere. He actually plays 40k so he'd have more of an appreciation for the backstory.

damz451
17-06-2006, 01:24
we all know that if such a film was coming out the rock would be in it :(

also doesnt vin deisal only play D&D?

oops nevermind, checked wiki and it says he plays it

McNuggets
17-06-2006, 16:23
I like the idea of ian mckellen playing voke. For pontius Glaw you would need someone with a kinda creepy voice (the guy from the silence of the lambs):confused:

Ground ZER0
17-06-2006, 19:24
ok here is the list of characters that is important enough to mention:

Eisenhorn
Fischig
Midas Betancore
Medea Betancore
Aemos
bequin
Tobias Maxilla (captian of the Essene)
Commodus Voke
Cherubael
Ravenor
Ponitus Glaw
Artemis of the Deathwatch
Radical inquisitor Quixos
Inquistitor Lord rorken
Inquistitor Lord Osama

Arael
17-06-2006, 20:38
Here's the ones I think would be good

Eisenhorn: Cristopher Walken
Midas Betancore: Ernie Hudson
Medea Betancore: Jamil Mullen
Commodus Voke: Lance Henriksen
Cherubael/Verveuk: Orlando Bloom (Admit it, we'd love this death)
Radical Inquisitor Quixos: Dominic Purcell
Inquistitor Lord Rorken: Ian McKellen

Comments?

Resurrected
18-06-2006, 02:16
Eisenhorn - Harrison Ford
Fischig - Bruce Willis
Midas Betancore - Samuel L Jackson
Medea Betancore- Halle Berry
Aemos - Micheal Caine
Bequin - Kate Beckinsale
Tobias Maxilla (captian of the Essene) - Jim Carrey
Commodus Voke - Bill Nighy
Cherubael - James Marsters
Ravenor - Ioan Gruffudd
Ponitus Glaw - Kevin Spacey
Artemis of the Deathwatch - Eric Bana
Radical inquisitor Quixos - Ian McKellen
Inquistitor Lord Rorken - Sean Connery
Inquistitor Lord Osama - Anthony Hopkins

Decius
18-06-2006, 03:05
Eisenhorn: Rodney Dangerfield (or Bruce Willis)
Fischig: Daniel Day-Lewis
Midas Betancore: Densel Washington
Medea Betancore: Halle Barry (because I can't think of some one better)
Aemos: Kevin Spacey
Bequin: Uma Thurman
Tobias Maxilla: David Hemmings. Period.
Cherubael: Jude Law
Ravenor: Jake Gyllenhaal
Ponitus Glaw: Ian McKellen
Radical Inquisitor Quixos: Benicio Del Toro
Inquistitor Lord Osma: Lee Ermey

Steve Buscemi must be in there somewhere. Maybe as every second civilian.

Resurected there also has a good cast.

PS: By the way, Artemis is not in the Eisenhorn trilogy. I think your thinking of Cynewolf.

asyzpkj
18-06-2006, 03:33
I always imagined russel crowe as eisenhorn, I think he'd pull it off well.

Chem-Dog
18-06-2006, 05:39
Gregor Eisenhorn.
Christopher Walken is far too eccentric to play Eisenhorn I could see him as Heldane though, Harrison Ford has ceased to be a bankable star and is now looking very old.
Patrick Stewart (and you can lump McKellan in too) has the Classic RADA syndrome that affects a lot of our (british) actors, they don't play a part, they just deliver lines as themselves as if they were "doing the bard", Macbeth/Charles Xavier difference being the sum total of a wheelchair and it's hard not to think of Magneto as an Evil Gandalf. Patrick Stewart as Eisenhorn would just be a replay of Jean Luc Picard with Cherubael standing in for "Q". Having said all that, I'm stuck for a replacement.
Fischig.
Javier Bardem (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000849/).A GOD amongst actors.
Midas Betancore.
Midas is Eisenhorn's moral compass and his confidante, Eamonn Walker (http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0907708/) would suit the role perfectly.
Medea Betancore.
Marsha Thomason (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859720/), looks how I Imagined Medea AND would run nicely as the daughter of Eamonn Walker.
Aemos.
David Thewlis (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000667/), I can just imagine him with the bionic eye etc.
Bequin.
Monica Belluci (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000899/), if for no other reason than to see her in a "Bodyglove":angel:
Tobias Maxilla.
Hugh Grant (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000424/). Turn down the comedy and he'd be just great as Maxillia.
Commodus Voke.
Liam Neeson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000553/), Can do powerful without resorting to Hammy.
Cherubael.
Cherubael is a Daemonhost and as such his physical appearance will, initially, be that of his current host and as such at least two of the Cast will get a chance to "be" Cherubael.
Ravenor.
Frankie Muniz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005260/), Look for a recent picture of this lad to see Gideon Ravenor before he got toasted (just add long black hair).
Ponitus Glaw.
Michael Bell (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0068407/).Check out his credits you've probably heard his voice in one or two video games, I picked him because he played Raziel in the Soul Reaver series.

Decius, I would agree, but David Hemmings died a couple of years ago. Steve Buschemi would have to be a servitor.

Decius
18-06-2006, 07:03
Dercius, I would agree, but David Hemmings died a couple of years ago. Steve Buschemi would have to be a servitor.

Ah. That's a kick in the knickers. If Hugh Grant could be made to look like David Hemmings...

Anyway, your cast looks pretty solid. Better than most of mine.

PS: It's Decius, not Dercius.

Kaoslord
18-06-2006, 07:41
I'd do the entire thing animated, like Ghost in a Shell.... There are things you can't easily do with real people....

ss_cherubael
18-06-2006, 08:01
seconded

and i liken the idea of James masters as Cherubael, very fitting.

you also have to realise that you would need three actors to do Eisenhorn hey starts out young and gets old, and you cant just add lots of make up.

Yodhrin
18-06-2006, 09:31
seconded

you also have to realise that you would need three actors to do Eisenhorn hey starts out young and gets old, and you cant just add lots of make up.

Have you seen modern effects tech? It's easy to alter the age of an actor to make them look older. I think Eisenhorn should be an unknown, putting a famous face to his character could wreck the film if they dont cast it absolutely perfectly, and most of the people I would pick for the role are too old to play "young-Eisenhorn".

I dont know of Masters would work, Ive only seen him in Buffy or in one-liner parts, so Im not confident he would be able to pull off the soft, gently mocking and profoundly unsettling quality I imagine Cherubael's voice to have.

Mortare
18-06-2006, 10:14
Struggling to find someone to play nayl, that is probly my favourite character from both of the series. Vin diesel would be ok, but not serious enough. What about the guy who played capt spiers in band of brothers (the guy who solo assaults a german town, only to come back again)

Chem-Dog
18-06-2006, 12:54
PS: It's Decius, not Dercius.

Edited Accordingly :eek: Typing skills of an elephant me.

I'd do the entire thing animated, like Ghost in a Shell.... There are things you can't easily do with real people....

No, not pure drawn Animation, Look at the stuff Square/Square Enix Have put out, Spirits Within, Last Flight of the Osiris and Advent Children, Eisenhorn should be made a lush CGI epic.

seconded

Can't see Spike as Cherubael somehow, I'd give him a smaller part, perhaps that of Bex Begundi (a character I liked alot despite his brief turn).

CGI would solve all of the problems with who'll play who, you just want good voice actors BUT to be honest Eisenhorn is still a Vital man, ok his injuries and the necessary sacrifices he's made in regards to his health have slowed him down but Juvnat has kept him looking an awful lot younger than he is.

Struggling to find someone to play nayl, that is probly my favourite character from both of the series. Vin diesel would be ok, but not serious enough. What about the guy who played capt spiers in band of brothers (the guy who solo assaults a german town, only to come back again)

Nayl and Kara Swole (hubba hubba, who to pick for the naked/gold body paint scenes!) are a hard pick, Vin Deisel failed to convince as Riddick (perhaps because he looks like a big teddy bear) but I can see Jason Statham (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005458/) doing Harlon justice, the character is similar in certain ways to the character he played in the two Transporter movies. Got nothing for Kara but Zeph is easy, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015382/).

Yodhrin
18-06-2006, 13:34
Top pics, Statham is a *******' god, I can watch the Transporter films endlessly, and the dry-wit will fit perfectly.

McNuggets
18-06-2006, 13:50
Eisenhorn - Harrison Ford
Fischig - Bruce Willis
Midas Betancore - Samuel L Jackson
Medea Betancore- Halle Berry
Aemos - Micheal Caine
Bequin - Kate Beckinsale
Tobias Maxilla (captian of the Essene) - Jim Carrey
Commodus Voke - Bill Nighy
Cherubael - James Marsters
Ravenor - Ioan Gruffudd
Ponitus Glaw - Kevin Spacey
Artemis of the Deathwatch - Eric Bana
Radical inquisitor Quixos - Ian McKellen
Inquistitor Lord Rorken - Sean Connery
Inquistitor Lord Osama - Anthony Hopkins
I dont think eisenhorn would be harisson ford 'cause he's just to hard man to be eisenhorn

i don't think jim carrey could be maxilla either,
the rest are good though, apart from i think that the guy who played Silas in the da vinci code would be the perfect cherubael.

Resurrected
18-06-2006, 14:36
Well i picked the actors based of the last book of the Eisenhorn Trilogy, account for the older actors such as Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis. If we were talking about the younger Eisenhorn, perhaps Joaquin Pheonix?

I admit with the right look and whatever, Paul Bettany would make a good Cherubael, but Marsters is the man for me. He brings an air of confidence etc to Buffy as Spike, which I always thought would work well for Cherubael.

boogle
18-06-2006, 14:42
meh, i'm not a big fan of these 'casting call' threads, the problem is, directors and actors just wouldn't get it, as we shall see when Warzone - The Movie comes out

Resurrected
18-06-2006, 15:52
meh, i'm not a big fan of these 'casting call' threads, the problem is, directors and actors just wouldn't get it, as we shall see when Warzone - The Movie comes out

But its always nice to imagine ;)
and I always thought it was a good topic of conversation

Wraith
18-06-2006, 15:57
Eisenhorn = Jason Statham

Inquisitor_Pink
18-06-2006, 16:05
Eisenhorn should be Lance Henriksen from Millennium in my humble opinion.

Tymell
21-06-2006, 07:19
Eisenhorn: Patrick Stewart
Ravenor: Ed Norton
Bequin: Alice Krige (borg queen from first contact)
Fischig: Russell Crowe
Cherubael : ??
Midas Betancore: Samuel L Jackson
Medea :Halle Berry
Mandragore Carrion: Arnold Vosloo
Big Evil Talking Box (forgotten name !) Kevin Spacey.

I'd agree with quite a few of them. Spacey would make an awesome Pontius Glaw, Crowe could pull off Fischig, and Berry is good for Medea. Not quite so sure about Jackson for Midas, but maybe. Patrick Stewart for Eisenhorn? Erm....no comment. ;) Mind you, not as strange as Jim Carrey for Maxilla.......where did -that- come from??? O.O

Christopher Lee is an absolute MUST for Rorken or Voke, he's MADE for the role. I agree with previous mention of Bill Nighy, he could do the other. Personally I'd say Nighy for Rorken (who I imagine as slightly younger) and Lee for Voke (grim and authoritative).

Michael Caine for Aemos seems an obvious one, it springs up, but I think it's perhaps a bit too obvious.

In all seriousness, I've looked into and worked at this (Eisenhorn as a movie series) an awful lot.

\/yper
21-06-2006, 10:29
Eisenhorn: Christian Bale (if only there was a picture of him bald, Stoic yet not ice cold)
Fischig: Ray Winstone or Tom Sizemore
Midas Bentancore: Taye Diggs
Medea Betancore: Thandie Newton
Kara Swole: Kiera Knightly
Harlon Nayl: Jason Statham (this fits perfect)
Tobias Maxilla: Part of me wants to say Will Farrell, the other parts wants a more serious Jude Law
Aemos: Ian Holm (Needs to be small statured, Holm is perfect)
Ravenor: Clive Owen
Bequin: I really see Uma Thurman fitting this perfectly, even though I don't like her work. Kate Beckinsale isnt bad either, but I dont think she fits the elegant role enough, Eva Mendes simply from a OMGWTFBBQ factor.
Cherubael: While I agree Paul Bettany would work, I think Andy Serkis could do wonders for body acting/contortions to really make Cherubael seem Daemonic.
Ponitus Glaw: Kevin Spacey or to an extent Robin Williams, and some extent Paul Giamatti.
Radical inquisitor Quixos: Bill Nighy
Inquistitor Lord Rorken: Christopher Lee
Inquistitor Lord Osma: David Morse
Commodus Voke: Jeremy Irons

Those are my picks

-Vyper

scavenseer
21-06-2006, 10:30
Patrick stewart IS Eisenhorn!:mad:

\/yper
21-06-2006, 10:32
Patrick stewart IS Eisenhorn!:mad:
He is too old, dontcha think?

-Vyper

KayvaanShrike
21-06-2006, 11:11
Right well, I see no1 has mentioned the fact that in Golden Daemon a few years back there was a model of the young Eisenhorn, and he looked a spitting image of our friendly neighbourhood President George Bush!!!
So just for comedy value, we should get him to play Eisenhorn.
Never read the book(s) so don't know anything about the other characters.

Edzard
21-06-2006, 11:55
Eisenhorn should have been played by Charles Bronson (rip).. I mean, he acted in a 'I know I'm good, now give me what I want and dont make me repeat myself' kind of way - perfect as an Inquisitor.

Lyinar
21-06-2006, 12:57
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Michael Ironside... He would PERFECTLY fit the version of Eisenhorn on the cover of the Omnibus, and he's convincing enough as a badass to pull off the part as well.

norwegianpuma
21-06-2006, 13:25
I think we should have Vin Diesel as Heldane...

Oh, and yeah, I think Jeremy Irons would be perfect, but not as Voke!
No, no. Irons should play Osma! That'd be perfect for him!

Sikkukkut
21-06-2006, 15:01
Okay, I'll bite. I take the point that actors without a lot of celebrity baggage are often better for these films, but for the sake of the game here are my picks of name actors.

Eisenhorn and his associates

Gregor Eisenhorn: Patrick Warburton for Xenos, Ed Harris for Malleus and Hereticus. Or possibly Laurence Fishburne. Okay, I know the character is usually pictured as white, but listen to some of Fishburne's speeches as Morpheus, then read the opening chapter of Xenos with that voice in your head and tell me he wouldn't be brilliant.)

Alizebeth Bequin: Pia Miranda. Second choices Claudia Karvan or Ming-Na Wen.

Godwyn Fischig: Richard Carter. Or the guy who was Zim in Starship Troopers.

Uber Aemos: John Hurt.

Midas Betancore: Taye Diggs (nicely picked, Vyper)

Medea Betancore: Ehh, gotta think about that one.

Harlon Nayl: The Rock. Nayl's physically gigantic, with a sense of humour (more visible in Ravenor) that the Rock would do nicely.

Kara Swole: Emma Pierson. (Keira Knightley? Whut whut? Kara's short and voloptuous, Keira's tall and lithe. Save Keira for the Ravenor films, give her jet black hair and cast her as Patience.)

Tobias Maxilla: The short one from Little Britain whose name escapes me.

Gideon Ravenor: The actor who played the Operative in Serenity.

Bex Begundi: Alex Dimitriades.

Olm Madorthene: Alan Rickman

Other members of the Inquisition

Commodus Voke: Ian Holm

Golesh Constantin Pheppos Heldane: Bruce Spence

Lord Inquisitor Rorken: Bernard Hill, Geoffrey Rush

Titus Endor: Richard Roxburgh

Konrad Molitor: Daniel Craig

Schongaard: Hell, with the sealed-on mask and the grating voice, who's going to know?

Leonid Osma: Martin Scorsese, Ben Kingsley.

Bastian Verveuk: Not sure. Some fresh-faced little fethhead right out of drama school.

Poul Rassi: Bob Hoskins.

Neve: Meryl Streep.

Lugenbrau: Liam Neeson.

Assorted enemies:

Quixos: Ray Park. Let's face it, he has next to no "screen" time and most of what he does have is fight scene.

Cherubael: As has been pointed out, he'd be physically played for short periods by people whose characters Cherubael had been installed in. However, the books refer to Cherubael gradually altering the bodies it inhabits to suit itself, creating the sculptured, golden-marble flesh, the horns, the blank eyes and so on. I think a generic body overlaid with CGI to create the right unnerving, slightly inhuman possessed look would work, and Jude Law's voice would be perfect.

Pontius Glaw: Hugo Weaving. Second of the "just the voice" villains. We already know how good he is at making his voice do just about all the work of a character, and it's got the right texture and darkness to be Pontius.

Eh, that's enough for now. More as I think of them.

Three Headed Monkey
21-06-2006, 15:07
I was about to voice my opinion that Patrick Stewart in not hard arsed enough, but then I remember him for Conspiracy Theory. He is and actor, and is able to do a character other than Picard / Xavier. But I think he would be better as Rorken or Voke. Just imagine the wig he would have to wear to play Eisenhorn.

Ah, and as for everyone saying Cherubeal being played by the people he possesses, keep in mind that he has a distinct voice, and that when we first see him it is in a body not belonging to another character in the film. No idea who should be cast for that though.

Heru Talon
21-06-2006, 16:46
Thinking about it I believe Mark Hamill could pull off Pontis Glaw, he may not have a heavy movie roster, but he is an expert when it comes to doing voices (he did The Joker in Batman of the Future for example).

See his imdb profile for more

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/

My favorite for Young Eisenhorn would be Paul Gross who played Constable Benton Frasier in Due South.

kortholaxthedamned
13-10-2006, 13:27
i never thought of this, but someone said it on another board, but..Eddie Izzard for Tobias Maxilla

Tymell
13-10-2006, 16:19
i never thought of this, but someone said it on another board, but..Eddie Izzard for Tobias Maxilla

Now THAT would be awesome :D

And I too would say you need a single person for Cherubael. I admit, when you first think about it, the idea of having the people he possesses jumps up, but I don't think it would work well. An actor would probably need some facial prosthetic work anyway, so you could easily enough add in some characteristics of the possessed individual, plus, as has been said, he has his own distinct voice.

ShadowKitana
13-10-2006, 19:48
Tony Jay has to to Pontus. His voice just reaks with evil, yet soothing.

Imp of High Noon
13-10-2006, 20:14
I think Cherubael should have it's own distinct voice, but also that the actor playing him should do the talking too, then kinda overlay the Cherubael Voice onto the actors, get a weird dual voice. Just a thought.

Grand Warlord
13-10-2006, 23:16
They guy who played Viktor in the underworld movies ... i think he'd make a good eisenhorn. ill try to find pics im terrible with names.

EDIT: I think we warseer's would be perfect for any role.

Tymell
13-10-2006, 23:18
They guy who played Viktor in the underworld movies ... i think he'd make a good eisenhorn. ill try to find pics im terrible with names.

Bill Nighy. And yes, he's one I've thought about strongly too, though I think he might make a better Rorken personally. Don't quite know why, it's just a feeling. And Christopher Lee for Voke. Those two would work very well for those roles.

Radical Inquisitor
14-10-2006, 01:13
I would like to second Christian Bale as Eisenhorn and Eddie Izzard as Maxxilla, that would be awesome. other than that I have a very limited knowledge of actors.