Releases:
Sep 2006

Forth Biansen Assault Fighting Machine
Forth Fenirs Command Fighting Machine
Forth Fenos Fighting Machine Box Set
Forth Modules Box Set
The Forth Army Book

Background:
Though physically weak, the Forth have honed their vast intellects towards the construction of mighty fighting machines, vehicles that dominate the battlefield with powerful weaponry, creating lethal fire zones that even the toughest enemies will struggle to advance through.

With a society based upon a true democracy, every Forth has a vested interest in the future of his race, and a voice that is guaranteed to be heard. However, a new power is rising within their empire, a mysterious individual known as the Prophet, who preaches a return to the old ways of violence and tyranny, as an essential tool for survival. Vastly outnumbered by the Arachnids, and even the Federation and Hegemony, the Forth are slowly coming to embrace the teachings of the Prophet as they begin to strike out into alien space.

If you are looking for an army that can give you the ultimate flexibility in both overall structure and options within units, the Forth are for you. Each fighting machine is purchased and deployed as an individual, allowing you to create ad hoc units on the fly, or split your forces up at will. In addition to this, each fighting machine itself has a bewildering array of options, from interchangeable weapon hardpoints, to additional modules that can be tailored to specific battlefield roles. There is even justification for you to paint fighting machines in their own individual colours, as the pilots express their more atheistic talents!

Fight for a true democracy and let the galaxy tremble at the heavy footsteps of your fighting machines. The War of the Species must be won by the Forth!

Pics:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/hlokksmarines/forth_3.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/hlokksmarines/forth_2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/hlokksmarines/forth_1.jpg

Rabid Bunny 666
17-06-2006, 18:16
I'm impressed, they do look awesomely cool.

Serpine
17-06-2006, 20:10
Those war machines look pretty nice, the mech especially reminds me of a much updated version of the old dreadnought that came with "Space Crusade". But surely the could have come up with something better then dropping the "u" from "fourth" to name the fourth race: I look forward to the next race, the dreaded Fith... Also, I somewhat liked that racial background better when it was attached to the Tau: Other then lacking kroot, the only essential difference I'm seeing is how the prophets/etherials view the old ways of violence.

-Serpine-

Spacemunkie
17-06-2006, 23:48
They look like Syntha Biomecs from UW to me.

Not a bad thing, these are actually alright for once.

VanHel
18-06-2006, 06:07
I like them.

Beebop
18-06-2006, 06:59
Eh, the spider looks cool but the large mech doesn't really tickle my fancy. It looks cheap.

Hlokk
18-06-2006, 12:38
: I look forward to the next race, the dreaded Fith...
Apparently the 5th race is going to be called the covenant, and have a borg-esque feel to them (Assimmilation and all that crap)

boogle
19-06-2006, 20:49
why couldn't they have released these and totally bypassed the crap that is the Skinnie race?

I'm guessing the Hegemony is the name for the Sknnie's Empire?

Hlokk
20-06-2006, 12:28
why couldn't they have released these and totally bypassed the crap that is the Skinnie race?

I'm guessing the Hegemony is the name for the Sknnie's Empire?
Yeah, aparently its like a loose confederation of planets more than a centrally governed empire like the federation.

slaughteredbull
20-06-2006, 16:46

Cause along with the Bugs, the Skinnies are part of the official cannon of Starship Troopers being in both the original book and the (far superior to the film) digitally animated T.V. series.

My guess is they wanted to get the Skinnies out of the way before expanding the universe.

erion
21-06-2006, 02:39
The problem being that "getting them out of the way" was exactly what they did.

For the sake of Pete, different skinnies sculpts don't even have the same numbers of fingers. The Skinnies could have been great, based on some of the early concepts. But now they look rushed and tired.

I have high hopes for the Forth, especially since we're seeing greens almost three whole months before they're due for release, giving them plenty of time to work out any bugs (no pun intended).